Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux (51072 Views)

Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 / Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux / Unilever Nigeria Plc Reports 72.95% Decline In Pre-tax Profit As Economy Bites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by omonnakoda: 10:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
COMPAQ:

Well, until we make it well enough what for the export market our products won't go mainstream, except to the shelves of African stores in those countries.
To be honest I have no issues eating kilishi and stuff in our local way, but unfortunately that doesn't work for Tesco and it's like. It's has to be way better packaged.
Nothing has to be any particular way
That is just How You have been programmed.
You do not think deeply. Your understanding is very superficial

Japanese did not have to make sushi well enough to sell in Europe
Why do we accept Pizza as being made well enough but amala is not?

The thing wey black no good
N.a. Foreign things dem they like

We are main stream we have the numbers
we don't need to sell kilishi in London and we don't need stupid cookies in Nigeria..
What we need to do is make more what we consume for ourselves more efficiently

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by BennyDGreat: 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
We4all:
Now that we are on this topic, which soap can a dark skin use that will clear blemishes and acne but will not lighten the skin? I have come to realize that it is very difficult for a dark skin to maintain an even and spot free complexion without using a product that lightens the skin.

If you go to the supermarket, you will find soaps that contains pawpaw, kojic acid and other lightening products. Unfortunately, without these lightening agents, your journey to a glowing skin as a dark skinned will be in vain. So, I need inputs on the type of soap which is best for dark skin without bleaching the skin.

You can never get the right cream from random suggestion. Your skin is unique. You would have to see a dermatologist to understudy your skin type and features. That's what determines the soap to use
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Omolomo4eva(m): 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Sometimes I wonder why all these big multinationals can't do what other smaller companies are doing to survive undecided

See smaller brands like waw,viva, good mama,unik bathing soap, hawaii soap, Eva soap are all cashing out and making huge sales in this bad economy nah him Unilever dey phase out some household products. Nah wa

These big companies should better stop paying all these their staffs fat salaries for doing nothing undecided

They should divert those monies to marketing. They should recruit boys and girls on the street and use them to do aggressive marketing. Can't they learn from the way waw they do street marketing.
This your counsel will ground the company patapata. More than two good heads came up with the decision. They know better

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Sageez(m): 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
Cromagnon:
you want to compare their quality?

So klin and Goodmama will give them a run for their money any day, any time.
With the new Goodmama diamond, uni lever product no match
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by BennyDGreat: 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mpanyi:

A leading company in the sector is telling what it wants to do and you are advising them! You thought they got where they are without those well paid staff? You thought they are repositioning for future without the input of those staff? Smh

People that have been in the industry for decades with access to top talents globally and within...don't mind him. He's just speaking as a concerned Nigerian but he's not factoring in the facts and figures

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by NairaMaster1(m): 10:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Sometimes I wonder why all these big multinationals can't do what other smaller companies are doing to survive undecided

See smaller brands like waw,viva, good mama,unik bathing soap, hawaii soap, Eva soap are all cashing out and making huge sales in this bad economy nah him Unilever dey phase out some household products. Nah wa

These big companies should better stop paying all these their staffs fat salaries for doing nothing undecided

They should divert those monies to marketing. They should recruit boys and girls on the street and use them to do aggressive marketing. Can't they learn from the way waw they do street marketing.

They don't joke with staff welfare. It costs them a lot. That's the life of multinational company

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by omonnakoda: 11:12pm On Mar 27, 2023
We4all:
Now that we are on this topic, which soap can a dark skin use that will clear blemishes and acne but will not lighten the skin? I have come to realize that it is very difficult for a dark skin to maintain an even and spot free complexion without using a product that lightens the skin.

If you go to the supermarket, you will find soaps that contains pawpaw, kojic acid and other lightening products. Unfortunately, without these lightening agents, your journey to a glowing skin as a dark skinned will be in vain. So, I need inputs on the type of soap which is best for dark skin without bleaching the skin.
Skin care starts with your genes which you cannot do anything about and your diet. Avoid sugar,alcohol,smoking
I don't think there are golden rules but study and pay attention to your system
Drink water and eat stuff with fluid water melon,cucumber daily.
Keep your. Skin clean. Bathe twice daily. important
Use naija sponge change frequently. Wash it with a little bleach or dettol
If possible do not use a towel twice. That is expensive but effective. Towels house bacteria that cause spots
Nigeria is not kind to the skin.
Too hot too stressful.
Use a simple soap that is pure soap with no additive add dettol to your bath water.
Google simple soap
Use E45 or similar cream twice daily It is expensive
OR
Coconut oil /cocoa butter at night. Rub into skin generously.
Skin care takes time and patience but you will get results and people respond pleasantly to you when you look good
Rest,avoid witches
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

It is always one of my prayer points not to come across oloreeburuku people like you in this life.

You and your Immediate families should keep enjoying Una Poverty alone.

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
Cromagnon:

Most Nigerians are Zombies and they don't care about Quality.

They use anything they see like that. Them be anywhere Belle face😂

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by lavylilly: 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Have you run a business before?
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by nereushouse(m): 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Yes Bro. I get you. Companies like Unilever are not just set up to make profits form their products. They're there to create values and integrity in their productions and also uphold to their standards, which they don't like to compromise.
So that's the significant differences between Unilever n the likes of waw waw, good mama detergents n Co..
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by everythinggirly(f): 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2023
Oh no, my blue seal Vaseline for makeup wipes😥
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by oyeludef(m): 11:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
Royal Niger Company... Bye Bye
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Reference(m): 12:03am On Mar 28, 2023
Don't worry. Very soon Nigerians will be bathing and washing with political propaganda.

They sit down to rabble around tribe and religion while their heritage is sold down the river.

Failed citizenry.

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Tundex911: 12:06am On Mar 28, 2023
Apc- bubu administration is a failure, my prayer make Bat no continue wetin bubu about to handover....

Amen
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Bridget95(f): 12:18am On Mar 28, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

waw is a low quality crap

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by IbeOkehie: 12:27am On Mar 28, 2023
omonnakoda:

I wonder if you have this same attitude when it comes to medicines? Interestingly I read a comment a few days ago where someone was complaining that whoever replaced Shoprite isn't doing a good job of it. There's a lot that's VERY wrong in your reasoning here. I don't have the time to unpack it.

Anyhow I wish Nigeria the best. The important thing is this - pay attention to the stated reasons why Unilever is taking these steps. It was the same for airlines, ExxonMobil and Shoprite and Michelin.
And ask yourself what the chances are that there will be a change in policy.

Have a good day.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by biafranrealson: 12:33am On Mar 28, 2023
Lost my job for the first time when Buhari came into power.
Now most companies are folding as Buhari still dey .

May amadioha wipe buhari and family
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by BAYOR003(m): 12:37am On Mar 28, 2023
Karrima:
Companies are closing. More companies will close. The emergency of someone with the reputation of ruling with thuggery as the PRESIDENT-SELECT will spell doom to the economy of Nigeria. A costly mistake for Nigeria and Nigerians.

Will you keep Kwayet... Arindin
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 28, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Bro your mentality is very poor. Change this mindset of yours, I understand politicians have weaponised poverty in Nigeria, but you can reason better than this.

I pray, Nigeria becomes great again so you can see the bigger picture, You can't even compare an indigenous company with an international brand like Nestle,GSK, Unilever and co. It's an insult.

Bad leadership have really dealt with Nigerians, most especially this Buhari era, it's unfortunate more sufferings would take effect when bulaabaa assumes office.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by omonnakoda: 12:43am On Mar 28, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I wonder if you have this same attitude when it comes to medicines? Intererestingly I read a comment a few days ago where some one was complaining that whoever replaced Shoprite isn't doing a good job of it. There's a lot that's VERY wrong in your reasoning here. I don't have the time to unpack it.

Anyhow I wish Nigeria the best. The important thing is this - pay attention to the stated reasons why Unilever is taking these steps. It was the same for airlines, ExxonMobil and Shoprite and Michelin.
And ask yourself what the chances are that there will be a change in policy.

Have a good day.

What is my attitude?
What do you know about medicines? Do not introduce extraneous matters you barely understand

Unilever has decided to focus on products that are profitable and in so doing is rationalizing its portfolio of offerings divesting low yield products where It cannot compete
It is in a very different sector from Michelin or shoprite or airlines
It is nothing to do with policy .
It has stopped producing Lux in many other countries not just Nigeria
Your argument lacks coherence.
It is not clear that you know what point you are trying to make
Multinationals tend to exit poorer countries when the going gets tough and the world economy is struggling
Retailers are closing stores in many countries . It is not necessarily due to any policy

That is not to say there are no policy issues but the idea that foreign multinationals will develop Nigeria is naive
She'll has made billions in Nigeria for decades. But never built a single refinery
This same Unilever used to be the Royal Niger Company that SOLD Nigeria to Britain.
They are not just businesses. They are instruments of foreign policy
We need to sanction proof our development by developing out own firms

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Stone03: 12:55am On Mar 28, 2023
SPF247:
Time to float my company and beat magik company hands down, who knows the formula? Let's partner grin

08036376979. Whatsapp me lets talk
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Stone03: 12:56am On Mar 28, 2023
Cromagnon:

Viva is good in quality.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by IbeOkehie: 1:02am On Mar 28, 2023
omonnakoda:

This same Unilever used to be the Royal Niger Company that SOLD Nigeria to Britain.
They are not just businesses. They are instruments of foreign policy
We need to sanction proof our development by developing out own firms

Oh, it's about colonialism. I wonder why so many Nigerians accepted Christianity from their colonizers. grin Or why so many work at the same Unilever shocked shocked shocked Everyone speaks English too, wow. Apparently colonialism is very well accepted in Nigeria.

And this:

Shell has made billions in Nigeria for decades. But never built a single refinery

Hope you know that's a LIE? And why are the refineries that exist not productive anyway grin

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25741399

I continue to be amazed at how ignorant Nigerians can be about basic history of their own nation.

That said, just pay attention to the policies cited by all these companies as reason for their exit. Until those policies are changed, the vast majority of ALL businesses will continue to stagnate, including those owned by Nigerians.

Have a good night.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by 2special(m): 1:04am On Mar 28, 2023
GOTVee:
sad
how is the Ramadan fasting going
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by femmoy(m): 1:09am On Mar 28, 2023
5 years ago,I lost my job due to same thing that happened to pampers (baby diaper).

Reality dawn on me and I learned the hard way. Now I thank God for the refined me, even though life hasn't been the same for me but I thank God for where I am now and where he's taking me to.

No thanks to our bad leaders.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 28, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Competitors will fill in the gap

Which gap? Na hotel and beer parlour our billionaires sabi open.

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by omonnakoda: 1:14am On Mar 28, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Oh, it's about colonialism. I wonder why so many Nigerians accepted Christianity from their colonizers. grin Or why so many work at the same Unilever shocked shocked shocked Everyone speaks English too, wow. Apparently colonialism is very well accepted in Nigeria.

That said, just pay attention to the policies cited by all these companies as reason for their exit. Until those policies are changed, the vast majority of ALL businesses will continue to stagnate, including those owned by Nigerians.

Have a good night.
WHAT IS ABOUT COLONIALISM? If you don't comprehend ask questions
The point is no foreign company can love us more than ourselves
They are not here to develop out country but to make money and will leave if they cannot make money. You make it sound as if when they make money and do not exit that is necessarily good for Nigeria. That is a naive assumption.
You assume too much because you cannot think
Foreign firms exiting might actually be good for us because we are forced to develop out own.
We need our own firms
Stop the knights move thinking
How did we get to religion?

You are mixing unrelated issues
The issue here is Unilever got rid of some products
It is not exiting Nigeria and if it does we will build ours
This issue has nothing to do with Shoprite or Michelin
Unilever cannot compete in the sectors it is exiting. Chinese and Indians are edging them out
Nigerians will not be left stranded without access to toilet soap as a result
Procter and Gamble are here making detergent so what is the big deal if they stop making soap?
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by seguno2: 1:17am On Mar 28, 2023
LikeAking:
Noted!

Nothing last forever

Except roasted corn and cassava for Tinubu’s 50 million army recruits to address unemployment and insecurity created by the Buhari that he made president

lalasticlala:
Insecurity: Recruit 50 million youths into army, Tinubu urges FG

All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu, on Monday, urged the Federal Government to recruit at least 50 million youths into the Nigerian Army to boost Nigeria’s fight against terrorism, banditry and all forms of internal and external security threats confronting the nation.

Tinubu spoke at the 12th colloquium to celebrate his 69th birthday in Kano State.

He said, “We are under-policed and we are competing with armed robbers and bandits to recruit from the youths who are unemployed —33 per cent unemployed?”

“Recruit 50 million youths into the army,” he stated, adding that “what they will eat —cassava, corn, yam, will grow here.”

The APC chieftain, while reacting to recent statistics by the National Bureau of Statistics that over 23 million Nigerians are jobless, also urged the government to create jobs for youths in the agricultural value chains.

He said, “Don’t talk about illiteracy, anybody who can hold a gun, who can handle a gun, who can cock and shoot is technically competent to repair a tractor in the farm.”

https://punchng.com/insecurity-recruit-50-million-youths-into-army-tinubu-urges-fg/
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by COMPAQ(m): 1:20am On Mar 28, 2023
omonnakoda:

The thing wey black no good
N.a. Foreign things dem they like

We are main stream we have the numbers
we don't need to sell kilishi in London and we don't need stupid cookies in Nigeria..
What we need to do is make more what we consume for ourselves more efficiently

Well, unfortunately the world is now a global economy. We have population but insufficient wealth the boost our own economy. With more and more people falling into poverty ,more and more companies will go down. It's basic economics. Economies grow when it's citizens have the economic power to drive domestic production and consumption. How will Samsung have a factory to produce 50,000 split unit Ac per annum in Lagos if Nigeria will only consume 5000. Meanwhile in this day and age factories only survive by large economies of scale. It's the absence of that scale that's killing our factories.

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by seguno2: 1:20am On Mar 28, 2023
Gangster1ms:
Buhari and APC really destroyed this country... God punish urchins

What should God do to those of us who are not urchins but didn’t work hard enough to convince enough of them to see the destruction as we saw it
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by omonnakoda: 1:34am On Mar 28, 2023
COMPAQ:

Well, unfortunately the world is now a global economy. We have population but insufficient wealth the boost our own economy. With more and more people falling into poverty ,more and more companies will go down. It's basic economics. Economies grow when it's citizens have the economic power to drive domestic production and consumption. How will Samsung have a factory to produce 50,000 split unit Ac per annum in Lagos if Nigeria will only consume 5000. Meanwhile in this day and age factories only survive by large economies of scale. It's the absence of that scale that's killing our factories.
People do not have economic power by magic.. Wealth does not come before economies grow. It can happen ssimultaneously
Consumption can be powered by credit just like production
More and more people falling into poverty does not mean companies will go down. More and more people getting poor can happen at exactly the same time as more people getting rich
Ever heard of rich getting richer and poor getting poorer.
That is not basic economics. It is nonsense

There are so many different companies not all produce for the poor
I
Samsung can produce 50000 acs in Nigeria even if Nigerians buy none as long as they can sell them somewhere else.
Production does not have to be for local consumption
It is clear you think you know economics but not nearly As much as you imagine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World Trade Center Abuja On Fire (Photos, Video) / The Cars Aliko Dangote Donated To Police Force (Video) / Cosmas Maduka's Wife, Charity Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.