Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? (8618 Views)

5 Reasons Why Nigerian Girls Date 'yahoo' Guys / Do Girls Date Married Men Because Its Risky? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by dungar4: 8:28am On Sep 20, 2011
Very rare.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by r231(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2011
yes

not the young and immature ones doh
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by iboman(m): 8:51am On Sep 20, 2011
It'll be a wonderful miracle! May be in Oyibo kontry. In naija, girls demand b4 dating. But the ones that are desperate for marriage may date without demanding. The only snag being they'll never wait for a whole year.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Bestglo(f): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2011
If he's the type that uses his "church - mind",why would i demand?,if not,why wouldn't i demand if u don't ask, some men would even call u suegbe embarassed
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2011
Bestglo:

If he's the type that uses his "church - mind",why would i demand?,if not,why wouldn't i demand if u don't ask, some men would even call u suegbe embarassed

why u no get?
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 20, 2011
debosky:

#

Yes.  tongue
NO grin
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 20, 2011
I have dated my present boyfriend for 2 years and i have NEVER,  NEVER asked him for any material thing. Why you may ask--- it is because--- I have my own!!. Why should I be asking for things I can already give myself? Makes no sense to me.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by queend: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2011
I have always dated without asking and I have learnt that, its stupid to do that. Cos u always loose the guy to women who are freaking demanding.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nayah(f): 9:40am On Sep 20, 2011
Independant Nigerian women are there, just have to pick them, normally a woman shouldn't have to demand you're right but make all things for not allow her to demand, I mean be unpredectible
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 20, 2011
^^That's true Nayah. The fact that I dont demand does not mean it is prohibited for my boyfriend to spoil me with gifts (material things) when he deems appropriate, I mean HE SHOULD! Every man in a relationship, who can afford it, should not be tight-fisted to their partner, that's just wrong.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 20, 2011
^why does this thing keep inserting so many commas in my posts?? mtcheew. undecided
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by hydroking23(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2011
Girls that lay never ending demands on the fellas just goes to show they aren't worth more than a warm hole to place your johnson in between.  Really though, can't a guy hang out and chat with a female over a nice meal without her asking me to pay her rent or buy her a phone?  I've never experienced this thing until I came to Nigeria.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nayah(f): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2011
^^ to be honest I've never lived in Nigeria it"s a fact, but reading here some thread I think people complain a bit too much without making their own "mea culpa" I mean try to understand why some women react like you're denouncing, not that I defend them of course not I really think they have to be more independant, but you brothers should only show off your love and not material because some of you push your sisters on demand

Actually my friends are from different origins most of time Africans, and they're independant, yes of course the majority were born abroad but few came when they were quite adult and they don't have this mentality you're talking about, so again try to pick good and educated woman rather than complaining and generalize
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by tEsLim(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2011
Total failure. People get paid to stay in relationships in Nigeria now sad Failed generation!
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by rhymz(m): 10:08am On Sep 20, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

[b]@OP: [/b]Yes, some women can. Now ask yourself, can men date a woman for a whole year without asking or demanding for sex?
Matter of fact, I dated a gurl for eight months without demanding for sex and I was the loser for it. You just give and keep hoping you will collect one day but for where.
When it comes to dating and relationships Naija girls have this warped sense of collecting and not neccessarily giving back. They want you to call them, when they call you, next thing is they need a recharge, when they visit, you spend money satisfying them and also must pay their transport back home. If they must have sex with you, there must be something in the offing else no sex.
The other time my guy been dey hussle for cash say im wan pay im babe rent for sch, I was like; "dude is you crazy" u be her papa wey send am sch??
I'm yet to see any woman that won't demand at some point for a whole year. Unless of course, the woman is obviously financially well off than the guy.
Whatever happened to give and take in a relationship sef
Inked_Nerd:

[b]@OP: [/b]Yes, some women can. Now ask yourself, can men date a woman for a whole year without asking or demanding for sex?
Matter of fact, I dated a gurl for eight months without demanding for sex and I was the loser for it. You just give and keep hoping you will collect one day but for where.
When it comes to dating and relationships Naija girls have this warped sense of collecting and not neccessarily giving back. They want you to call them, when they call you, next thing is they need a recharge, when they visit, you spend money satisfying them and also must pay their transport back home. If they must have sex with you, there must be something in the offing else no sex.
The other time my guy been dey hussle for cash say im wan pay im babe rent for sch, I was like; "dude is you crazy" u be her papa wey send am sch??
I'm yet to see any woman that won't demand at some point for a whole year. Unless of course, the woman is obviously financially well off than the guy.
Whatever happened to give and take in a relationship sef
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nayah(f): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2011
teslim, who talked about paying someone? we're talking about relastionship and gifts when you feel it and want it, and I'd say deserve it, don't tell me brother you wouldn't be happy if I'd buy you a watch or shirt because I would have seen it and I would know you'd be happy

It's about pleasure you want to give to your partner not a contract
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by hydroking23(m): 10:35am On Sep 20, 2011
Nayah:

^^ to be honest I've never lived in Nigeria it"s a fact, but reading here some thread I think people complain a bit too much without making their own "mea culpa" I mean try to understand why some women react like you're denouncing, not that I defend them of course not I really think they have to be more independant, but you brothers should only show off your love and not material because some of you push your sisters on demand

Actually my friends are from different origins most of time Africans, and they're independant, yes of course the majority were born abroad but few came when they were quite adult and they don't have this mentality you're talking about, so again try to pick good and educated woman rather than complaining and generalize

I can only speak from my experience and what I was told of prior to coming to Nigeria. Look if it walks and quacks like a duck then its a DAMN DUCK. Ain't no generalizing. A vast majority of these chicks here think we owe them something. I don't get into chicks just to hit and quit. I want a nice well rounded lady that I can spend some good quality time with. But how does that equate to demanding that I pay your school fees this year?? Chick once told me that before I can date her I gotta be able to handle her up keep, we talkin 50k a month. Female I just met o, I had to go Snoop dogg on her with the "bytch please" I ain't no trick. she wan play me for jjc, i no dey for that one.

You said you've never lived in 9ja, I invite you to come and spend a summer. Alot of the men here(politicians especially) got these chicks thinking they have a plate of gold in between their legs and they are willing to pay millions of naira for it. (Money they stole from public funds) If it was money they made from their sweat and labor they wouldn't be so quick to trick it all away on these 2 bit gold diggers. Not to diss all 9ja babes, but they really have the game twisted thinkin we gonna trick the dough out like that.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nayah(f): 10:40am On Sep 20, 2011
^^ ok brother I respect your opinion after all you know Nigeria better than I do, but sorry to insist I think we should balance our "blame" for these sisters who may have been raised in a culture in which men take care of everything, and society thinks it's normal! but men should not offer the "bling bling" before love my dear and that's some guys' mistakes

Just leave the things changing by themselves, life is different now but it can't change just like that, it's about education, opportunities at work and many other elements
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by moonraker(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2011
The perception of some new gen ladies is that they see a relationship

as a means for extortion or a means of survival, TRUE STORY!!!!
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nayah(f): 10:55am On Sep 20, 2011
hello moonraker, perhaps you're right but I truly believe that things are changing, because the World is changing you can not only stay here and blame them without leaving them chance! they are not perfect but who does?
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by hydroking23(m): 10:59am On Sep 20, 2011
Nayah:

^^ ok brother I respect your opinion after all you know Nigeria better than I do, but sorry to insist I think we should balance our "blame" for these sisters who may have been raised in a culture in which men take care of everything, and society thinks it's normal! but men should not offer the "bling bling" before love my dear and that's some guys' mistakes

Just leave the things changing by themselves, life is different now but it can't change just like that, it's about education, opportunities at work and many other elements

And I respect where you are coming from too my french-gerian sista.  I'm all for balance.  Like I said, find me a Nigerian girl who is wholesome, down to earth and has alot going for herself, god fearing too!  Then we can get down to business cuz I always take care of my lady(established relationships o!)  Ur right tho alot of this stuff stems from poverty, but lets be honest, how much of it can we really blame it on that??  Alot of these girls come from good homes and good backgrounds but they still on the paper chase and they are willing to do anything to get it.  

Craziest thing I seen was 10 females, count them 10 females pack out of a bus that picked them up from their school I'm guessing.  All of them was bad as hell, getting off this bus cuz my politician friend was throwing a party.  Little did I know that they got paid 20k just for showing up, but then if anyone  liked them they had to go seal the deal for an additional 50k.  

I didn't even know the gimmick until the girl I was dancing with begged me to take her home because she didn't mind shagging me without the additional dough, I was like  
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by stone07(m): 11:02am On Sep 20, 2011
@Ucheosefoh If your girl is not demanding from you,definitely she is demanding from someone else.So get this right.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nayah(f): 11:06am On Sep 20, 2011
lol French gerian, quite cute name even if you know I'm a non Nigerian, but Nigerian by heart
You see, these sisters who are coming from "good" backgrounds are like any other women from other area in the World" she might mingle with people who have money" it's about status and their family raise them that way, being with " big and responsible man" that's why you used to see it, as for finding you a Nigerian sister I'll think about that don't worry wink
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by mallorca(m): 11:09am On Sep 20, 2011
@OP, i dont think Nigeria girl can
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by femmy2010(m): 11:11am On Sep 20, 2011
Not impossible but highly uncommon.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by hydroking23(m): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2011
Nayah:

lol French gerian, quite cute name even if you know I'm a non Nigerian, but Nigerian by heart
You see, these sisters who are coming from "good" backgrounds are like any other women from other area in the World" she might mingle with people who have money" it's about status and their family raise them that way, being with " big and responsible man" that's why you used to see it, as for finding you a Nigerian sister I'll think about that don't worry wink

Glad you thought it was cute, so then what nationality are you? And are you sure you're up to the task of finding me a Nigerian sister?? Especially one that can meet my physical specs?? Alot of females these days don't know how to keep themselves looking nice, hair lookin like they just got out the bed, teeth lookin like they was chewing on a brick tongue but you on the other hand look quite nice grin

At the end of the day its all about Morals, whether poor or rich, we should all strive to keep the materialism to a minimum, I work hard and I like to play hard, its not like I'm broke but just want someone to want me for me and not what I can give,
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Ofido(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2011
Bia Inked Nerd and Mrs Chima u too babes should jst take ur discussion that did not concern us here out of this thread or be sent to one weekend jail each to my bedroom.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Bestglo(f): 11:51am On Sep 20, 2011
ferdiii:

why u no get?
don't seem 2 understand ur question assuming u'r referring 2 me having money, of course i have and do give according 2 my capacity & need of the person without him asking
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Princek12(m): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2011
Do you actually expect all these Naija girls to openly admit--in a public forum--that they can date a man for a whole year without demanding material material things? Good luck.

I am yet to see a girl who is a  gold digger or a "demander" admit she is one.

The dispositive question is whether those women who claim that they would not demand material things from their bfs for a whole year, and who are not being showered with material things by their bfs, are happy about being in the relationship. Are they happy about just being loved?
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by Nayah(f): 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
Hydrorking my dear I'm French but my parents are from Cameroon, but I've quite some Tanzanian blood from my Father side but I define myself as a CAMEROONIAN because my Father is Cameroonian and Tanzanian and mother Cameroonian ( mixed a bit too lol ) and I know Cameroonian culture more than Tz, which I will visit one day

As for our topic, yes it's about education, patience and environnement, so you can understad why I told you not blaming so hardly our sisters
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by bizmogul(m): 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
Yeah it is very possible, my GF never demands anything from me, though I give gifts, she has refused to collect cash from me, I don't even have her account number.
Re: Can Girls Date A Whole Year Without Making Demands? by ay4us32(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
Its amazing wen you will see some ladies who can do it for a year without demanding, But in the real sense most iaja ladies can't

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Had To Marry Your Partner Where You Met Them - Where Would It Be / She Wouldn't Pick My Calls Again, After I Asked Her This Question / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: In Gut We Trust.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.