Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (94927 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Staphylococcus:
Can we use emojis like 🐖🐗🐷
No.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by mortalincarnate(f): 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland

Seun please remove Myndd, we all know why he’s not fit for this job

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by haffaze777(m): 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
Staphylococcus:
Can we use emojis like 🐖🐗🐷

E gbadun sir,the emoji got me rolling on the floor🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Mistermamus(m): 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Already too late
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by gustav25: 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Face saver
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by saintHot: 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

high time,social forums really made this election a redefined political landscape where if care isn't taken,future elections could actually be really violent,no thanks to tribal bigotry on these platforms and thanks to buhari's firm grip for this one.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by omohayek: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
Fucklove:
He's from south south.
So there are no longer Igbos from the SS? Or will this only last until the next irredentist pops justifying the region's inclusion in a "Biafra" map on the basis that the "Igbos of the SS" supposedly want it that way?

4 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Fucklove(m): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
omohayek:

So there are no longer Igbos from the SS? Or will this only last until the next irredentist pops justifying the region's inclusion in a "Biafra" map on the basis that the "Igbos of the SS" supposedly want it that way?
You're right sir.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
I dey feel say sometimes Seun just wants to trigger Nlders with these topics.🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by casualobserver: 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
babajero:
The damage has already been done, but it is never too late to start. And another thing is that I think Mynd44 is little tribalistic and fanatical to to carry out such task.

Exactly my sentiments. It’s too late. I grew up seeing myself as a Nigerian without any tribal prejudices. Social media particularly Nairaland has opened my eyes. You can ban what a man can say but you cannot ban his heart. Now we know the hearts of others, banning doesn’t change anything. I rather a man who says what he feels than a man who smiles but has e wil in his heart. It may make Nairaland a less hostile environment but let’s not kid ourselves…..the genie has left the bottle!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ojonwamama: 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

nice one
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ipobarecriminals: 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
grin mynd44,mukinat2., Lalasticlala. Shey una see this
Oscarhakx:
its fucking obvious there's nothing going on in your life. Nairaland is your whole life. Only place where you get your dopamine rush. You fucking morally deprived loser
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by HydraFeeds(m): 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
mariahAngel:

Going by how Lalasticlala does his job, you will hardly know where his from.
I only got to know the day Seun mentioned it.
but when Seun said he had brought him back ,the next day homepage was filled with Obi’s post and anti APC’s posts .

The only difference between him and Mynd44 is that the latter airs his opinion on politics once in a while and once declared he’s Yoruba that studied at OAU while the former does not comment on posts and always post snakes .

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Passionate888: 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun which words are banned?

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ericuzor(m): 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

kudos @seun nice.. I like you for this.. so now unblock me on twitter
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by PoliciaNLand: 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
I'll be on standby to help Seun and the mods to apprehend those trolls and bigots and send them to the mods for proper sanction
God bless Nairaland
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by viodemus: 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
seun, you have been doing well so far, keep your distance if I could have an opinion.
This is truly the state of the mind of the people, so that if there is a remedy, it can be conceived from the true conditions at hand
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by QuinModah(f): 2:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
No.
I am seriously disappointed it took you almost 8 years to address this issues. A lot of write up about putting an end to ethnic slur but at the time it was driving traffic for you. It means one thing, you don't rate or listen us your clients, unfortunately many bright minds gave left the forum.

8 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27)

Gabriel Emmanuel Nkanang Customized Grave With Light (Photos) / 12 Great African Inventions That Changed The World / Dino Melaye Used Fake Rolls Royce Ghost Hearse For Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.