Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,822 members, 7,828,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (93166 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With โ€˜unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militiaโ€™ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by HydraFeeds(m): 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
Davash222:

Yeah, most hardworking in tribalism and segregation.

lalasticlala is Igbo ,should he be removed because his views will be biased against the Yorubas ?

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by cerebralniggie1: 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Good one. Everybody should support and hype his candidate in peace. But seun hope I can praise Asiwaju any time I like? Trouble for those on my neck because I support and like Asiwaju, but I'll miss the gbasgbos sha.
There's nothing to miss in the gbas gbos. It adds zero value to you. What do you guys derive from calling ones other derogatory names on this platform or stoking the fire of ethnicity?

6 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Fucklove(m): 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
Davash222:
I'll advise you remove Myndd from the enforcing team cos he/she will only ban people from a particular region.
He should step down or get sacked totally as a moderator

Cc: Seun.

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Blake755: 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
Taeewo:
Good, and try to grade each member by level that will always display along side their username...

Example

Someone that joined within six months should display newbie

After a year he fit change again

After another year he go change again,this can be achieved through the activeness of each member...

U mean 2go way ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by descartes400: 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Seun, can you make a list of words that are prohibited so that our freedom of speech is not ridiculed in the guise of fighting tribalism.

Make a comprehensive list or a comprehensive definition of what tribal slurs are. Define tribal slurs and what can pass as tribal slurs if there's no list. Thanks.

" Tribe of the fallen demon" has been used to insult people here. It's a phrase not even a word.

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM OR CYBER BULLYING. I STAND AGAINST BOTH VICES AND CONDEMN THEM AS A GOOD NAIRALAND MEMBER!

I second this!
but on the other hand, whats wrong in using the peculiarities of our various ethnicity to banter, jest, and joke among our selves? why the sudden childish sensitivity and political correctness and wokism? angry
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by LordofNaija: 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
Abeg getout. Na you start am. We must finish it

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Fira09(m): 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
If you still keep biased Mynd.44 as a super mod, this rule will be taken for granted.

A person from his tribe, infact his religion threwed abusive remarks on me then I retaliated, in seconds this mod banned me and ignored the one who share same views with his.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Rebuker(m): 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
Bravo @Seun ๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
lendahand:
is ishilove still working with you sir?
No. She left in 2015.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Brush1: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Good one. Everybody should support and hype his candidate in peace. But seun hope I can praise Asiwaju any time I like? Trouble for those on my neck because I support and like Asiwaju, but I'll miss the gbasgbos sha.

People like you should be penalised.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by obynoceaser: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland

Until he returns that stolen mandate, we won't rest. Obi for president

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Corridon: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

Until you remove the tribalistic Mynd44 as a mod I won't take you serious. His tribesman insulted me and I insulted him back but Mynd44 banned only me. I can furnish you with evidence if you are serious about this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Irupetepete: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

exactly...
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Emma1Oj(m): 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
ChEkWaSIyKe:
Good. Let the person receive life ban instantly.
Be nice.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Emeskhalifa:
I think words that would be banned should be listed so we know them and avoid using them. Not all of us know they are derogatory.
Any word that is coined to address a group of people especially a tribe in a derogatory way. If you've come across such words, you will know. If you have any doubts about the use of a particular word, don't use it. Use words that are neutral. Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Obidients, BATists, etc.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by SmartPolician: 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Throwback:
Happy you woke up from your slumber.

You are one of the ethnic championships on this forum.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by chikason22(m): 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Now you're talking. I feel very sad seeing it and this makes us to descend on them serving them their own poison. It's long overdue, it's still a welcome idea

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by onuman: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Every Court judge must get 5 Credits including English language, not 5 credits and English language.
If it says 5 Credits And English language, even if he got 8 credits but no English language, he cannot be admitted to Law faculty, talkless to Law School.

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Realtord43: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun, remove mynd44 immediately for effective triba ban.

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by kingyakos: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
This development supposed to come up even before the election campaign but all you guys including seun were busy cashing out from agbada pocket.

Anyway! Nice one and thums up to you

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Dindondin(m): 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
Felabrity:
Don't just ban the word, but the bot should temporary ban the tribal bst for atleast 24 hours

Dem go get sense
Abi 24 years?
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Blackmercyvelly: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
Okay ๐Ÿ‘ this is great ๐Ÿ‘Œ ideas
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by economania(m): 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
Having realized that NAIRALAND is dumping ground of an array of fake news.

Nobody takes their news serious again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27)

Temitope Olatoye โ€˜Sugarโ€™ Shot In Ibadan, In A Critical Condition At UCH / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Atiku Vs Buhari: Mc Oluomo's Poll - Final Result

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.