Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? (19577 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by GetMeRight: 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2023
Keziehenry:
Please share your experience.

Yes.
I wanted to transfer 25k from someone's account to my first bank account. The person gave me his small phone to use USSD and I mistakenly interchanged two digits. I didn't scroll down to see the name of the account because I was confident. I entered the pin and money sent. Few hours later, I didn't receive alert. We crosschecked and discovered that the money had gone into wrong account.
To cut the story short, the receiver, an igbo man clergy returned my money that day or the following day.
I still have my chats with him on messenger.

And money was wrongly transferred to me twice which I returned to the senders after their account numbers were sent to me. Long story

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by GetMeRight: 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
Epositive:
No, but I have recharged a wrong number #200 airtime, it was misplacement of number. I used USSD I let it go because it was a small amount. Recently, I mistakenly recharged my cousin #1000 because his number was the last on my Opay. I forgot to switch to mine. He paid me my money in full Sha. I worry am no be small. grin

I mistakenly recharged someone account N500 and N200 on the spot. I later discovered that I pressed a wrong digit. Never get my money back despite contacting him on WhatsApp
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by GetMeRight: 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2023
uuzba:

If you do a transfer at an ATM it sometimes shows the name and other times no name .
So it's very possible to make the error.

I'm always extra careful and check it again if atm doesn’t display name of the account holder

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by GetMeRight: 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2023
Youngpaperboy:
#760,000 and stll never recover the money up till now walahi

Chai! This is a large amount of money to lose just like that!
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by ini4brandon(m): 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2023
Accidentally transferred 35k to the UBA account of a popular white garment Church in Lagos.
Got in touch with thier leader online , a nice sounding man. He promised to investigate with the accounts department and ensure refund.
Uptill now he claims they haven't seen it.
Na wa ooo
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2023
adubam:

Remain a begger
shut up
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by seanwilliam(m): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2023
No. But I mistakenly transferred btc to wrong wallet before . Also I mistakenly recharged someone 5k mtn,
The last two digits of my number is 73, The person’s own is 74.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2023
adubam:

Remain a begger
make I see 2k if...
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by dominique(f): 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2023
PrinceGallant:
Yes. I meant to transfer to a FBN account, unfortunately the account was of UBA. The same account number but different banks. I didn't check the account name when I transferred 50k and sent receipt to my brother. It was when he received the receipt and saw different name that he called my attention.

Long story cut short, I went to UBA to complain that I mistakenly sent money to one of their customers' account. And they helped me put a withdrawal limit to that account but asked me to go to my bank; FBN or court. I went to my bank, and they helped me look for the phone number of that receiver via his account number cum BVN.

We called him and after many talks he sent the money back to me. However when he got to his bank he has problem of withdrawal so he called me and I went back to UBA, wrote a letter and they lifted the limit on his account.
Note some UBA account numbers are the same with First Bank account numbers.

That must have been before the 10 digit NUBAN account was introduced.

I made similar mistake during my early days of internet banking when one couldn't match account name with account number. I entered the account number but picked the wrong bank. I got debited but what saved me was that the recipient bank didn't have that particular account number in their database, my money literally was left hanging for days. It took several email exchange between me and GTB customer agent before the money was eventually posted to the right account.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Tunizzy(m): 10:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Risingblue008:
Yes ooo,
My own is bet9ja,
Instead of me to credit my admin,
I go credit another person bet9ja wallet

45k,
E pain me shaaa

You could have called their customer care line immediately, they would have helped you to recover the funds
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Emma1Oj(m): 11:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
badtlimo:
lol this just happened to me like an hour ago
Same amount 😂
Sent it to a coursemate 😂
I sent the money twice
He has refunded me though immediately
Lol.. just imagine you send it to one random fellow, na so your money don go b dat oo.. because you go write and shout for bank tire Dem no go mind you.

Anything mobile banking. My antenna dey long for the matter
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by ajealadick(m): 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
I erroneously transferred 200k last July 2022 to an account. Immediately ask my bank Jaiz on what to do. They asked me to get a court order which i did by October, till now they have refused to send the money back even after several emails and calls. I have asked the lawyer to go back to court and claim damages.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Pat081: 6:21am On Mar 31, 2023
No, and I do not pray for it to happen, I always crosscheck the amount and recipient name and show it to the person or call the person's name to b sure like 3times before proceeding
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Youngpaperboy: 9:04am On Mar 31, 2023
oxiide22:
I think you have a wicked soul u don't help the needy
cheesy Then you dont know me. I no dey rich oo, but atleast a lot of people have positive things to say about me when it comes to assistance

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 10:18am On Mar 31, 2023
Youngpaperboy:
cheesy Then you dont know me. I no dey rich oo, but atleast a lot of people have positive things to say about me when it comes to assistance
ok mek I see 2k
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by ViceGovernor: 10:33am On Mar 31, 2023
Jesuschrist01:
Yes, to my church acc. I was to transfer 5k, i transferred 50k.

My pastor refunded the money back when i called the church office. I then transfferred the 5k to the church account.
So shame no catch you to ask for refund from the church of God 😁
That was actually a test and you blew it
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by DoxxAnon: 10:41am On Mar 31, 2023
oxiide22:
but u can't someone in need with 5k

Pardon?
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by AstuteAyo(m): 10:52am On Mar 31, 2023
Mba!
I fit check like 10 times before proceeding.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 11:11am On Mar 31, 2023
DoxxAnon:

Pardon?
help me with 5k
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by FertilityH: 11:12am On Mar 31, 2023
I have never received such tho
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2023
guru90:

But i have being helping people secretly.....
ok help then with 5k
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by DoxxAnon: 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2023
oxiide22:
help me with 5k
Okay.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by PJtech: 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2023
Praise the Lord grin grin
you no go like do thanksgiving? make i drop aza
mooa404:
My experience was on February this year when I erroneously transferred to a wrong account just because I have the wrong person on my Bank App Beneficiary list but I can not remember the person.
I reported this transaction to my Acct Manager but he said the man needs to come to the branch to authorise him/the bank to credit me.
What my Acct Manager could do was to send me the receiver phone no which I pleaded with him to pay me back but he told me that he believed God has answered his prayers.
He said the same bank has been debiting his acct anyhow.
In summary, I gave his no to my Pastor who helped me talk to him and he voluntarily refunded me yesterday.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by PJtech: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2023
who are those people that recieve such alert... be like nah jazz
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 2:28pm On Mar 31, 2023
DoxxAnon:

Okay.
thanks and God bless sir
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by recieve(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2023
PJtech:
who are those people that recieve such alert... be like nah jazz
Learn how to spell 'receive not my monika
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by PJtech: 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
recieve:

Learn how to spell 'receive not my monika

wahala
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
DoxxAnon:

Okay.
hello sir I send you my details please n pls help me
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by PrinceGallant: 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2023
dominique:

That must have been before the 10 digit NUBAN account was introduced.

I made similar mistake during my early days of internet banking when one couldn't match account name with account number. I entered the account number but picked the wrong bank. I got debited but what saved me was that the recipient bank didn't have that particular account number in their database, my money literally was left hanging for days. It took several email exchange between me and GTB customer agent before the money was eventually posted to the right account.

See this account number, 2035933982, if you choose FBN or UBA it gives your account name. There are many NUBAN that works with different banks
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2023
DoxxAnon:

Okay.
hello sir
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by DoxxAnon: 8:09am On Apr 01, 2023
oxiide22:
hello sir
Nothing to see here
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 9:28am On Apr 01, 2023
DoxxAnon:

I have looked through your previous posts on this forum and in these posts you have insulted Christians and Igbos! Unfortunately, I am Christian and Igbo.
I do not think it is right for you to be seeking help from people you feel you are more superior than!
Today, I have the ability to send you 50 times what you are asking for but I will not help a religious and tribal bigot!
That is something you wrote here on this forum as evidence

I swear I have changed long ago I stopped. I learned that is totally wrong to judge ppl by tribe or religion as no one is superior than the other we're all one created by God what matters is love. As I am talking to you now my Oga is an Igbo Christian where I'm learning POP ceiling n painting and I'm fully obidient in the last election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Taskforce Clampdown On Street Traders At Ikorodu Garage - Photos / FCTA Bans POS Operators From Residential Areas / Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.