Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,005 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? (19662 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
guru90:
Mine: i mistakenly transfer 24k into wrong account (Opay account).
At end the of the number is 99, i mistakenly typed 96......

I called that number immediately..... Did u know what he said...?

He told me via phone, who asked u to send money to me.... That i prayed about the money.....

That person didn't return the money back till now.

Finally, He blocked my number.

That's how my money gone.

But, if it is me.... I will return the money immediately.
most of you guys don't help the needy
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by dankorode(m): 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2023
Epositive:
No, but I have recharged a wrong number #200 airtime, it was misplacement of number. I used USSD I let it go because it was a small amount. Recently, I mistakenly recharged my cousin #1000 because his number was the last on my Opay. I forgot to switch to mine. He paid me my money in full Sha. I worry am no be small. grin
because 1k? you go like money no be small o
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2023
chelsea1116:
No and never received.

Sent 500k instead of 50k like 2 times.

One was to a friend who returned 450k and the other was my mom who didnt return it.
She returned blessings and prayers instead of 450k.
most of you don't help
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
Youngpaperboy:
#760,000 and stll never recover the money up till now walahi
sth is hiding
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Goalnaldo(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2023
Buddha3:
Them don transfer me erroneous 25K before. I blow am take drink alcohol.. grin

Me wey them don dupe 5m for this life before? Na me wan come see free money for account come dey find the owner? Mtscheew! I go chop am like yam wey over-done with oily peppered beans.
lol, funny
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by rickleye: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2023
Surprised this topic hasnt been opened prior.

Mine was with Wema Bank.
Its been going on for 3 years.
I was doing a #gaveaway# to 10 people #3k each and mistakenly typed the wrong a/c for one.
I called the bank
Emailed the bank.
Every time I call , Its a new person handling the case.
And I have to recap everything - Very stupid not to have a ticketing system for continuity sake.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Gben5: 6:15pm On Mar 30, 2023
1mobile:
Guys mine was 3m, i want to transfer it from my target account to another of my account in another bank, i have seen my surname in the other account, so i didn't care to check the other names. Naso i ok the transaction o. expecting to get alert from the other account i send it to,I did not get it so i thought it was next work issue. Omo at about 9pm, i say make i check my mail, i saw debt receipt of the 3m,as i check am, omo no be my name dey d transaction, my liver cut, I clean my eyes well well if i dey see double. wen i check am again na my sister account the money enter, se me see wahala . I first thank God se no be another person account d money. 6am the following morning i don land her house grin
lol ...
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 6:15pm On Mar 30, 2023
rickleye:
Surprised this topic hasnt been opened prior.

Mine was with Wema Bank.
Its been going on for 3 years.
I was doing a #gaveaway# to 10 people #3k each and mistakenly typed the wrong a/c for one.
I called the bank
Emailed the bank.
Every time I call , Its a new person handling the case.
And I have to recap everything - Very stupid not to have a ticketing system for continuity sake.

help me with 3k sir
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Ayomivic(m): 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2023
Yes, the first time it happen someone wants me to transfer recharge card of #500 to his girlfriend in another state. Instead of #500 I mistakenly sent recharge card of# 5000 the lady refused to sent back the recharge card

Second one , I wanted to found bet9ja for someone when I was doing it a friend was busy talking to me and he distracted my attention . One number was different and I failed to check the name before sending it. That was how I mistakenly sent #5000 to unknown person.

There was a day some mistakenly sent # 15,000 to me . He called me and I sent back his money.

Now ,as I am talking, some mistakenly sent #5000 to me . I tried to called him but his number was not going.

If you are using wallet such as Palmpay, opay, kuda it is possible you mistakenly sent money to someone or someone mistakenly sent money to you
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
DoxxAnon:
1.5million.

Opened my internet banking app, searched saved beneficiaries using bank name and mistakenly clicked another name.

Luckily and fortunately, the recipient was a work colleague. In fact, it was the colleague that asked me why I credited them with 1.5m the next day at work which is when I realized my error.

Now I double and triple check before I hit send
but u can't someone in need with 5k
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by guru90: 6:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
oxiide22:
most of you guys don't help the needy

But i have being helping people secretly.....

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by badtlimo(m): 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2023
Emma1Oj:
No. But I have mistakenly transferred twice due to bad network thinking it has not gone. Thank God it was to a course mate.
8mins later, immediately I got double alerts, I checked my app and saw it. Kpa kpa kpa I called her. Aunty help me revert my 15k if you no want make I go Benin for you matter. She laughed hard, played prank with me and later revert it.

Since then any transfer if my brain is not connecting or settle I don't do it.
lol this just happened to me like an hour ago
Same amount πŸ˜‚
Sent it to a coursemate πŸ˜‚
I sent the money twice
He has refunded me though immediately
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Trojan8(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2023
marlow1962:

Am calming down.....

Smart man that doesn't know it's "I am calming down"

I puke when I see clowns like you on WhatsApp that start sentences with "Am".
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Goalnaldo(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
DUKEOFIBADAN:

Forget about being dumb, it occurs many times maybe due to trying to do many things at the same time. It happened to me once, I sent 100k to a wrong Gtb account till today I don’t know the person who owns the account because it looks like an Hausa name and Gtb bank was not helping either. I once received 3M from my business partner by mistake who saved my account number as beneficiary and I sent it to him back although we never met in person before but I’m bigger than that.
God when @your last statement.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
guru90:

But i have being helping people secretly.....
that's wonderful! Okay make u help me with 2k secretly so I
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
yaki84:
you for don chat with mtn customer care and explain ur issue, thrm for recredit back ur cash for u.
Had same experience

Swrs, that bin no enter my mind
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by harmonyglobal: 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2023
Yea, like twice
Transferred 200k to a wrong acc but got it back
Also 20k instead of 2k and also got it back grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by majesticguy: 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
It has never happened to me. My brain is always at 100% functionality anytime i want to initiate any transfer. Besides i triple check before inputting my pin.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Fantazy(m): 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2023
Drsnives:
I received 12k yesterday, it was sent from POS not that I was expecting any money

Please return that money to 9166615183 opay, it's mine. The POS operator made a stupid mistake. I still dey fight am till now, him still dey beg me say him go do anything possible to get the money back
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by MrDoGood(m): 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
How?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by iamsolasoul(f): 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
Yes flutterwave accountant had the same account number as me lol had to contact them and have them refund

Carbon and Seeam pay I asked for deactivation of my account but then never send the balance I'm still waiting

I don send email die
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
majesticguy:
It has never happened to me. My brain is always at 100% functionality anytime i want to initiate any transfer. Besides i triple check before inputting my pin.
most mistakes have to do with poor memory problem,Anxiety,haste and miscalculation of the sender.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by Drsnives(m): 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Fantazy:

Please return that money to 9166615183 opay, it's mine. The POS operator made a stupid mistake. I still dey fight am till now, him still dey beg me say him go do anything possible to get the money back
Issorite
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by adubam(m): 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
oxiide22:
help me with 3k sir

You are very rude and lazy.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by adubam(m): 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Fantazy:

You put juju for mouth?
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by oxiide22(m): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
adubam:

You are very rude and lazy.
you're wrong
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by papadiho(m): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
It happened to me once, I mistakingly transferred 100k to my dead customer account my only help was that the wife know me and the man's ATM was still active and that particular incident made me attained a burial I never intended to.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by DrDunamis(m): 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
Keziehenry:
Please share your experience.
It takes truly and really trying to do the wrong thing for you to achieve this feat of sending money to wrong account.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by MrAmaechi(m): 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Recharge card, and the person speaks only Hausa. Doesn't know how to transfer back πŸ˜‚
Keziehenry:
Please share your experience.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by aksule(m): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2023
Mistakes no matter how careful you are do occur. Sometimes back l transferred 3k to my Airtel account unknowingly that l have transposed the numbers. The receiver for whatever reason refused to return the amount and efforts to contact the receiver were in vain as the number remained switch off. I am still in pains nearly a year now if not months plus. That's my hard luck.
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by marlow1962(m): 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2023
Trojan8:

Smart man that doesn't know it's "I am calming down"

I puke when I see clowns like you on WhatsApp that start sentences with "Am".
Okay English teacher
Re: Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? by adubam(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
oxiide22:
you're mad and poor gay

Remain a begger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help A Friend To Invest 500 Thousand Naira. / Cement Price Soar In South East / How to Earn An Extra 45,000-95,000 Naira/month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.