Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

My First Semester University Result - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My First Semester University Result (43274 Views)

How I Survived Last Semester” – University Student Hides Soup Inside Toothpaste / National Open University Result Checker - First Semester 2019 / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Semester University Result by FiremanX: 5:02am On Mar 31, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Try harder, I won't say it's impressive because Law is an easy course, you can do much better.
You that graduated with pass is saying that law is an easy course, you are so ridiculous. 😂
Re: My First Semester University Result by FiremanX: 5:05am On Mar 31, 2023
folake4u:

Ehnnn? If e easy, why you nor go read Law? undecided

Don't say what you don't know. Let's not attract curses to ourselves. kiss
Folake for the boys just leave her, that person is obviously still a teenager. I can't believe someone would say that law is easy, like seriously 😒🤨

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by Akunatakasi(m): 6:07am On Mar 31, 2023
folake4u:

Hehe. Alright then.

Goodluck champ!

You don't know that iyaebe.. that woman is the. Worst person to have a conversation with .. a wicked woman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by Mercury12(m): 6:20am On Mar 31, 2023
folake4u:

Omo. I'm even shocked someone is saying Law is easy.

For where?? shocked shocked
shebi nah because una no dey solve mathematics for the course that is why nah😂
Re: My First Semester University Result by Mercury12(m): 6:24am On Mar 31, 2023
Newman20:

Thanks for the encouragement man. I'll post a follow up on the diary section once my second semester result comes out.
post the 100 level first and the second semester along with the rest of the academic sessions results on your dairy.
Re: My First Semester University Result by tuzle(m): 7:05am On Mar 31, 2023
folake4u:

I'm not doing any competition with you on who studied a more challenging course.

All I'm saying is, if it was easy to read Law, you should have dumped yours for it.
I am not saying law is easy, but u can't use that logic that if it is easy why did so so person studied it.
Re: My First Semester University Result by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 31, 2023
Akunatakasi:

You don't know that iyaebe.. that woman is the. Worst person to have a conversation with .. a wicked woman
Hello, have we met for you to come up with this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by eventainment(m): 7:33am On Mar 31, 2023
Newman20:

I disagree ma. Although no course is easy, I can assure you Law is one of the hardest courses in my University.

If you are good at cramming do you think you would make good grades studying law? If yes then it's an easy course as there is no real test to true understanding of what you know compared to most sciences where examples are given and the test of knowledge is the use of example given to solve problems

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Semester University Result by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 31, 2023
eventainment:

If you are good at cramming do you think you would make good grades studying law? If yes then it's an easy course as there is no real test to true understanding of what you know compared to most sciences where examples are given and the test of knowledge is the use of example given to solve problems
Thank you jare. Most of the average and dull students in my class back then are studying law, dem no born them well to try science courses, especially calculations. There’s nothing hard in Law as a course

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by intruder15(m): 8:23am On Mar 31, 2023
Newman20:
Hello

This thread is to document all my results form 100 to 500lvl so I can track my progress and see if I'm doing better or worse.

Semester GPA: 4.40
Current CGPA: 4.40

I'm currently in my 100 level 2nd semester and 2nd semester results aren't out yet but I think my GPA is still alright( I technically don't have a CGPA yet). The result above is only for my first semester.

I think it's ok for my first semester but I'm hoping to break into a 4.5 real soon.

My course of study is Law.

These grades can't give you a GP of 4.40. recalculate am abeg.

1 Like

Re: My First Semester University Result by lilachiever(m): 8:44am On Mar 31, 2023
Newman20:
Hello

This thread is to document all my results form 100 to 500lvl so I can track my progress and see if I'm doing better or worse.

Semester GPA: 4.40
Current CGPA: 4.40

I'm currently in my 100 level 2nd semester and 2nd semester results aren't out yet but I think my GPA is still alright( I technically don't have a CGPA yet). The result above is only for my first semester.

I think it's ok for my first semester but I'm hoping to break into a 4.5 real soon.

My course of study is Law.

LASULAWS

100 level is child's play, just keep getting better and you won't have a problem.

I started with 4.50, finish with 4.75. LASU/FSS/ECONOMICS

2 Likes

Re: My First Semester University Result by Spy360(m): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2023
Newman20:

I'm sorry ma'am but this couldn't be further from the truth. We all have our opinions but there's a fine line between a bad opinion and clear misinformation. Let's not spread misinformation on the internet.

You never start you don dey argue angry angry angry

Don't be like Festus Keyamo tongue

1 Like

Re: My First Semester University Result by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:22am On Mar 31, 2023
folake4u:

I'm not doing any competition with you on who studied a more challenging course.

All I'm saying is, if it was easy to read Law, you should have dumped yours for it.

If you’re a lawyer, this is a very weak argument; an easy course isn’t everyone’s primary motive when picking a course to study at university. If that consideration was yours, why didn’t you study nuclear physics?

Lastly, people are entitled to their opinions.

3 Likes

Re: My First Semester University Result by marvellously(m): 9:47am On Mar 31, 2023
Like I weak once.
Because the fact that someone will open her mouth to say this is hilarious like wetin she even study for school because even medical practitioners the apex of the sciences know when to draw the line. Its only all those guys that studied what their uni gave them and not what they wanted to study that will spew trash like this
folake4u:

Omo. I'm even shocked someone is saying Law is easy.

For where?? shocked shocked
Re: My First Semester University Result by ObiOfLagos: 9:56am On Mar 31, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Yes that's because brain boxed people go for more challenging courses. Law is just a theoritcal course with some big big grammatical terms and how to apply them, nothing challenging.
Durling, why so much vawulence this early?

I agree with you though but many won't.

Any perceived difficulty in law is artificially created to sustain the prestige of the discipline.

I have spoken

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 31, 2023
ObiOfLagos:

Durling, why so much vawulence this early?

I agree with you though but many won't.

Any perceived difficulty in law is artificially created to sustain the prestige of the discipline.

I have spoken
Peace is not an option. I'm agreeing with you for the first time, law is just an overhyped course. Law as a course is like a prostitute, anyone that goes in must come out successfully or how many students have you seen withdrawn from Law sighting difficulty?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by ObiOfLagos: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Peace is not an option. I'm agreeing with you for the first time, law is just an overhyped course. Law as a course is like a prostitute, anyone that goes in must come out successfully or how many students have you seen withdrawn from Law sighting difficulty?
I see courses like Law as 'bonus'. Like something to do when I feel like relaxing.

The op will do well to adopt this mindset also as it will help him greatly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2023
ObiOfLagos:

I see courses like Law as 'bonus'. Like something to do when I feel like relaxing.

It's like a cruise course, like freestyling with your book. You won't be drained

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by sunshineV(f): 10:26am On Mar 31, 2023
studying law in a lawless country is what amuses me

3 Likes

Re: My First Semester University Result by ObiOfLagos: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
It's like a cruise course, like freestyling with your book. You won't be drained
You get it.

Op claiming Law is difficult is only as an ego thing. Who wants to agree that their course is easy anyway? Doing that will make them feel less accomplished or achieving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2023
ObiOfLagos:

You get it.

Op claiming Law is difficult is only as an ego thing. Who wants to agree that their course is easy anyway? Doing that will make them feel less accomplished or achieving.

Exactly, every body will claim their course is the hardest. In Art I think accounting, Banking and finance and all others that involves little calculations are more challenging than law. I've never seen anyone I know withdrawn from law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Semester University Result by Drphemmy4u: 11:25am On Mar 31, 2023
Bro, kudos to you for the effort.But I wouldnt say your result is excellent or very good because this should be your foundation.Right?
Keep challenging yourself and never get complacent.Keep working harder.Make friends with people that are more brilliant than you and you will get better.
Wishing you the best.
Re: My First Semester University Result by confirmIt: 11:39am On Mar 31, 2023
if you need uk or usa number for whatsapp email me
Re: My First Semester University Result by Dpatch(m): 11:40am On Mar 31, 2023
U have to double your study time..make library friends..and stock in food as energy gets drained when one studies...and it is something you really need doing a lot!!
Re: My First Semester University Result by confirmIt: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2023
if you need uk or usa number for whatsapp email me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: My First Semester University Result by Newman20(m): 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mercury12:
post the 100 level first and the second semester along with the rest of the academic sessions results on your dairy.

Of course, from 100lvl to 500lvl.
Re: My First Semester University Result by Newman20(m): 12:22pm On Mar 31, 2023
eventainment:

This is not true sir. Cramming has its benefits but I can assure you that no amount of cramming can get one consistent results like this one. The only way to achieve it is to read consistently throughout the semester like I did.

Courses like law, Medicine and Engineering is where cramming goes to die.
Re: My First Semester University Result by Newman20(m): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2023
lilachiever:

LASULAWS

100 level is child's play, just keep getting better and you won't have a problem.

I started with 4.50, finish with 4.75. LASU/FSS/ECONOMICS

Wow! Those are some crazy numbers man. I hope I can get something similar in the end.
Re: My First Semester University Result by Newman20(m): 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
ObiOfLagos:

Well, you are entitled to your opinion anyway.
Re: My First Semester University Result by Newman20(m): 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
Drphemmy4u:
Bro, kudos to you for the effort.But I wouldnt say your result is excellent or very good because this should be your foundation.Right?
Keep challenging yourself and never get complacent.Keep working harder.Make friends with people that are more brilliant than you and you will get better.
Wishing you the best.

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw the result sef. It's decent but not at the level where I need it to be especially now in 100level that I'm supposed to be building my CGPA.

But our 2nd semester result will soon be out sha and I'm hoping for a 5.0 or something close to that.
Re: My First Semester University Result by Newman20(m): 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2023
Dpatch:
U have to double your study time..make library friends..and stock in food as energy gets drained when one studies...and it is something you really need doing a lot!!

Funny enough, I actually hate studying in the library as it allows me little flexibility. The quiet room in my friend's place is more than enough for me.

Those other tips are great though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.