Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? (2236 Views)

Does God Exist? / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:57am On Mar 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Those ancient folks believed that deities created natural disasters and fertility. They were ignorant and decided to say a god did it. Now science made us know better
2. Are you saying Eledumare, Chukwu, Thor are the same as Yahweh?

Can't even wrapped my head around what you said

Can you explain in English please?
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:01am On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

If you're born into Buddhist temple
You won't reason like this

Do you TRUTHFULLY want to know the answer to the question? smiley
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 8:02am On Mar 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

Careful bro. You're one step away from being agnostic or even atheistic grin

I'm aware
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2023
peter0071:
in the same way, science admitted that the red sea was once divided but couldn't explain what and how it happened

in the same way, science admitted that there was once a time that the earth stopped rotating clockwise, but went anticlockwise but couldn't explain the reasons behind it.

science is still growing... so many theories and submissions by Science is always being disproved by others in the future.

science once told you that the earth is flat... the same science later told you that the earth is now spherical

What's your point
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 8:08am On Mar 31, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
There are numerous religions claiming they're worshipers of God. Within those claiming Christians alone there is over 41,000 different sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet all claiming they trust (believe) in the book called "Bible"

So your question is really thought provoking but do you honestly like to know the answer or you're just out to condemn all religions?

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses, let's see how we can both figure out the one and only true religion in the world that's filled with deception and lies!

I'm raised in deeper life, you might have heard the name before. I'm not here to condemn or talk down any religion

But to be honest, it's really confusing
Sometimes when I listen to Muslim sermon that contradict what I was thought growing up I'm disturbed

Jw are christain with different opinion about the bible too

Even in Islam there are two categories of people

The split between the two main sects within Islam goes back some 1,400 years. Though the two main sects within Islam, Sunni and Shia, agree on most of the fundamental beliefs and practices of Islam, a bitter split between the two goes back some 14 centuries.

Everything is so confusing tbh
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 8:10am On Mar 31, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Do you TRUTHFULLY want to know the answer to the question? smiley

Yes please
I want peace
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by ifeade69f: 10:47am On Mar 31, 2023
Science doesn't believe we were createdScience doesn't believe we were created...
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by peter0071(m): 10:47am On Mar 31, 2023
point is... you cant make definitions on unstable science over a stable belief system of a people. God exist. Believe it or not!
Heroicvic:

What's your point
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:56am On Mar 31, 2023
God is regarded as the Supreme being, the Grand Creator andthe highest personality and the one who is responsible for the creation of life and the universe and everything that sustains it.
Now, let us leave scripture or pretend there is no scripture
Does everything in the natural world including life and earth give proof to an intelligent designer (God) or they came by accident?
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

Yes please
I want peace

I was raised a Muslim too but then your mind need to be directed to the right questions that will lead to a definite answer:

What comes to mind when your hear the title "GOD"?

Well that title connotes SUPREME BEING which means out of all those living both physical and spiritual there must be one who is supreme.

If you agree with that then the next question:

What do we expect from the one who is supreme?

Note that the supreme being is nobody's family so it makes no sense expecting the supreme being to be partial in giving or justice.
The supreme being must be everyone's father {Matthew 6:9} and His hands supposed to satisfy the needs of both the good and bad ones in our midst! Matthew 5:45

So if you find any religion where worshipers are asking for favour regarding what supposed to be distributed evenly among the inhabitants of the earth then know that such a god can't be the supreme for it's partial.

Next is what exactly do we expect from the one who is SUPREME?

Well the supreme being must ensure that love, joy and peace reigns among all His worshipers just as a good ruler will ensure the same thing. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3 compare to John 13:34-35

Why this?

It's because the supreme being should be able to set standards that all His worshipers will be united as one {John 17:22} having the same line of thought {1Corinthians 1:10} this is what those who wants to get closer to the supreme being need to see {Matthew 5:14-16} as the fine WORKS (FRUIT) of FAITH in pure worship! Matthew 7:16-18

So this are the attributes of the FRUIT expected of pure worship under the supreme being: LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23

As for all other religions that's false the works of flesh won't allow them produce what is expected of the supreme being since the spirit of the true God is not in their midst. So unlike pure worship where the spirit of God is helping imperfect humans to work together and bring out the best performance {James 2:18-26} the flesh will become a hindrance to false religions and they will only produce routine fruit {Matthew 7:16-18} even though they want to do what is right as worshipers of God! Galatians 5:19-21 smiley
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:
■ I'm a Christian and I know the bible, I guess so are you too
But all these are introduced after birth
■ I just recently moved to a Muslim community and I must confess that they're are just as holy as a good Christian.
■ Does it mean all these people are going to hell if it truly exist ?
1. I am not of the religion of Christianity but instead a follower of Jesus Christ, God's Truth and Law(National Constitution) in God's Special Nation of Priests- Exodus 19 vs 6 - aka the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. Well, your Christian pastors and mogs probably fed you tales of how holiness has to do with the keeping of moral laws. I am afraid that is far from the Truth of God in the Kingdom of God. Holiness in the Kingdom of God instead has to do with the living of one's life in direct compliance with the teachings and commandments Jesus Christ who happens to be the embodiment of God's Constitution and Truth. So, unless you are telling me that all those Muslims in your community are not oniy born-again but they also live their lives in direct submission and obedience to the almost 100 commandments and teachings which constitute God's Law and Truth aka the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I suggest you go back to reading through the 4 Gospels in order to educate yourself on what Holiness is indeed about. undecided

3. According to the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ, only one who is born-again can enter into the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell are end destinations. So, based on that, my first question to you would be whether or not the Muslims in your community are born-again or not? undecided
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2023
peter0071:
anyway, opinion is free... you can decide to believe that they are ignorant in their belief... i do believe that they are not ignorant... and they are wise in their belief system. God exist
What's your evidence
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 5:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

Guess there's no one who can answer the question without referring to their qoran or bible

What if you being a Christian is wrong all these while and the Muslim are right, does it all Christian are all going to hell? Or vice versa

Okay if I'm neutral will I still go to hell ?
Which kain wahala be this
Again I warn you, bro. You're thinking outside your religious box, and it won't be long before you start thinking the 'unthinkable'.
Pun intended grin
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
peter0071:
in the same way, science admitted that the red sea was once divided but couldn't explain what and how it happened

in the same way, science admitted that there was once a time that the earth stopped rotating clockwise, but went anticlockwise but couldn't explain the reasons behind it.

science is still growing... so many theories and submissions by Science is always being disproved by others in the future.

science once told you that the earth is flat... the same science later told you that the earth is now spherical
Science is growing, I admit. And it always admits its wrong very quickly, unlike religion that says its always right, and you shouldn't use your head.
And no, science or history never stated, the red sea was parted, nor the earth once stopped rotating nor went anticlockwise.
Where do you get your science news bro?

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
There are numerous religions claiming they're worshipers of God. Within those claiming Christians alone there is over 41,000 different sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet all claiming they trust (believe) in the book called "Bible"

So your question is really thought provoking but do you honestly like to know the answer or you're just out to condemn all religions?

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses, let's see how we can both figure out the one and only true religion in the world that's filled with deception and lies!

JW is filled with deception and lies
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:
■ Guess there's no one who can answer the question without referring to their qoran or bible
What if you being a Christian is wrong all these while and the Muslim are right, does it all Christian are all going to hell? Or vice versa
■ Okay if I'm neutral will I still go to hell ?
1. Did you not consider your own OP? undecided
Heroicvic:
Is there God ?
Apart from the holy book can you prove this?
Which is the true religion Muslim or christian?
Is there heaven or hell where bad people go?
Lastly Nothing like karma 💯
2. No! undecided

3. NO! undecided

In all, rather than ask random strangers of these things, it is still best to read the book for yourself. undecided
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

Can't even wrapped my head around what you said

Can you explain in English please?
Ok.
Back in the ancient days, probably prehistoric days, man didn't understand how phenomena(lightning, fertility, droughts etc) and structures(mountains, rivers etc) were made, so they decided it must have been made by some all powerful being. They called it many names. Some even created gods for each of them, like Ra, Aphrodite etc. Science improved and found out how these phenomena and structures came up, and most importantly how we came about, though its not very sure about the man came on the scene. Even so, some religions, especially the Abrahamic ones(christianity, Islam, Judaism) still persist and try to stay relevant by insisting their own gods made these happen. But religion is changing, they are starting to accept that the bible lied. For example, Catholics accept the evolution theory, and even the Big Bang(actually their priest theorized it), and in the next century or so, religion would completely change or be phased out
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

I'm aware
Are you sure you're mentally ready for it? I mean, realizing that everything you've been told since birth was a BIG, FAT, HEALTHY LIE
grin
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2023
peter0071:
point is... you cant make definitions on unstable science over a stable belief system of a people. God exist. Believe it or not!
And religion (christianity) is stable? Whoa, dude. You're one of the most deluded dudes around.
The bible is a lie, and has been scientifically and historically proven not to happen, plus the bible itself is contradictory and puzzling
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2023
Aemmyjah:
God is regarded as the Supreme being, the Grand Creator andthe highest personality and the one who is responsible for the creation of life and the universe and everything that sustains it.
Now, let us leave scripture or pretend there is no scripture
Does everything in the natural world including life and earth give proof to an intelligent designer (God) or they came by accident?
Which god created the world and what's your evidence
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I was raised a Muslim too but then your mind need to be directed to the right questions that will lead to a definite answer:

What comes to mind when your hear the title "GOD"?

Well that title connotes SUPREME BEING which means out of all those living both physical and spiritual there must be one who is supreme.

If you agree with that then the next question:

What do we expect from the one who is supreme?

Note that the supreme being is nobody's family so it makes no sense expecting the supreme being to be partial in giving or justice.
The supreme being must be everyone's father {Matthew 6:9} and His hands supposed to satisfy the needs of both the good and bad ones in our midst! Matthew 5:45

So if you find any religion where worshipers are asking for favour regarding what supposed to be distributed evenly among the inhabitants of the earth then know that such a god can't be the supreme for it's partial.

Next is what exactly do we expect from the one who is SUPREME?

Well the supreme being must ensure that love, joy and peace reigns among all His worshipers just as a good ruler will ensure the same thing. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3 compare to John 13:34-35

Why this?

It's because the supreme being should be able to set standards that all His worshipers will be united as one {John 17:22} having the same line of thought {1Corinthians 1:10} this is what those who wants to get closer to the supreme being need to see {Matthew 5:14-16} as the fine WORKS (FRUIT) of FAITH in pure worship! Matthew 7:16-18

So this are the attributes of the FRUIT expected of pure worship under the supreme being: LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23

As for all other religions that's false the works of flesh won't allow them produce what is expected of the supreme being since the spirit of the true God is not in their midst. So unlike pure worship where the spirit of God is helping imperfect humans to work together and bring out the best performance {James 2:18-26} the flesh will become a hindrance to false religions and they will only produce routine fruit {Matthew 7:16-18} even though they want to do what is right as worshipers of God! Galatians 5:19-21 smiley
Is JW sect filled with love, and don't have needs?
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

JW is filled with deception and lies

jaephoenix:

Is JW sect filled with love, and don't have needs?

Obviously you're someone having real pain each time you come across JWs but try to take good care of yourself because your hatred for truth won't lead you nowhere! smiley
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

Are you sure you're mentally ready for it? I mean, realizing that everything you've been told since birth was a BIG, FAT, HEALTHY LIE
grin

I'm not dismissing what I learnt
I'm just asking questions
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

Ok.
Back in the ancient days, probably prehistoric days, man didn't understand how phenomena(lightning, fertility, droughts etc) and structures(mountains, rivers etc) were made, so they decided it must have been made by some all powerful being. They called it many names. Some even created gods for each of them, like Ra, Aphrodite etc. Science improved and found out how these phenomena and structures came up, and most importantly how we came about, though its not very sure about the man came on the scene. Even so, some religions, especially the Abrahamic ones(christianity, Islam, Judaism) still persist and try to stay relevant by insisting their own gods made these happen. But religion is changing, they are starting to accept that the bible lied. For example, Catholics accept the evolution theory, and even the Big Bang(actually their priest theorized it), and in the next century or so, religion would completely change or be phased out

You're right on some part

But religion will never fade out

Little did you know that people love worshipping someone they think is superior

That mentality alone is more than enough to keep it going
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Did you not consider your own OP? undecided

2. No! undecided

3. NO! undecided

In all, rather than ask random strangers of these things, it is still best to read the book for yourself. undecided

Which of the books
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

Again I warn you, bro. You're thinking outside your religious box, and it won't be long before you start thinking the 'unthinkable'.
Pun intended grin

My point exactly

Religion don't want you thinking on some issue
They just term it mysterious or supernatural
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2023
peter0071:

You made your point
Appreciated

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:
■ Which of the books
1. Whichever one of them you choose for yourself. These are two different belief systems, so you decide which one of them appeals to you most. But whatever choice you make, it is essential that you read the book for yourself. undecided
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by peter0071(m): 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2023
your choice , your stand.... my choice my stand...
jaephoenix:

And religion (christianity) is stable? Whoa, dude. You're one of the most deluded dudes around.
The bible is a lie, and has been scientifically and historically proven not to happen, plus the bible itself is contradictory and puzzling
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Starlight252: 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

Guess there's no one who can answer the question without referring to their qoran or bible

Okay if I'm neutral will I still go to hell ?

This question has always been on my mind since i was a kid. I grew up actively in church but no one could give me an answer. Everything that was professed was what was believed...

Now i'm apathetetic to religion though i go to church when i'm home because of pesters...

I've not yet seen love in religion; only segmental concern disguised as love.
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

Which god created the world and what's your evidence

The world jumped into existence by chance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 8:28pm On Mar 31, 2023
Starlight252:

This question has always been on my mind since i was a kid. I grew up actively in church but no one could give me an answer. Everything that was professed was what was believed...

Now i'm apathetetic to religion though i go to church when i'm home because of pesters...

I've not yet seen love in religion; only segmental concern disguised as love.

I've always knew I wasn't the only person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sunny Okosun Dead? / Did Joseph Legally Separate From Mary After Jesus' Birth? / Zombie's In Nigeria Mortuaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.