Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender (738 Views)

Are Women Actually The Weaker Sex? (pictures/video) / Why Men Are Becoming Weaker and Women Are Becoming Stronger / Since She Discovered She's Older. Our Relationship Has Become Weaker. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Jb95(m): 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hey guys, this is a little social experiment I want to carry out.

I believe terms like 'weaker vessel' is what has birthed the rise of feminism, where women try step out of the socially constructed boundaries they feel society place on them and try to prove that they can do just about anything a man can do. Now whether that 'presumption' is true or not is a matter for another day wink

But we all know that whether a woman describes herself as feminist or not, they always want to feel special, and so a term such as 'delicate gender' seems to put some uniqueness in the description of a woman

So this question is going to the females: as a woman, are you comfortable with being described as
1. Weaker Vessel
2. Delicate Gender
3. Both
4. None

You are welcome to give your reasons for your answers.
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by virginprincess(f): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2023
I will prefer to be referred to as delicate,that means you have to handle me with enough care but that weaker vessel is an insult to me.
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Lemos14: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2023
virginprincess:
I will prefer to be referred to as delicate,that means you have to handle me with enough care but that weaker vessel is an insult to me.

What you prefer to be called is just because the name sounds sweet

If something is delicate that's because its structure is weak...therefore you are a weaker vessel. It's no insult but the truth.
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by virginprincess(f): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2023
Lemos14:

What you prefer to be called is just because the name sounds sweet

If something is delicate that's because its structure is weak...therefore you are a weaker vessel. It's no insult but the truth.
Well that one you said is your own,my own definition of delicate means something that is soft and needs to be handle with outmost care,the fact that women are soft doesn't makes them weak.
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Zonefree(m): 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2023
virginprincess:
Well that one you said is your own,my own definition of delicate means something that is soft and needs to be handle with outmost care,the fact that women are soft doesn't makes them weak.
You're contradicting yourself. The opposite of soft is hard.

If you're soft, you're weak
If you're hard, you're strong.

2 Likes

Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Jb95(m): 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2023
virginprincess:

Thanks for your input. But let me ask you this, don't you think that outside the individual meaning of the words 'weak' which sounds a bit condescending and 'delicate' which sounds more unique, isn't both just a way of saying the the same thing, when u look at in the broader perspective?
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Autobot05: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
So you simply wanna rewrite the bible ??
Women are weaker physically , emotionally , mentally .
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by frozen70(f): 11:22pm On Mar 31, 2023
Jb95:
Hey guys, this is a little social experiment I want to carry out.

I believe terms like 'weaker vessel' is what has birthed the rise of feminism, where women try step out of the socially constructed boundaries they feel society place on them and try to prove that they can do just about anything a man can do. Now whether that 'presumption' is true or not is a matter for another day wink

But we all know that whether a woman describes herself as feminist or not, they always want to feel special, and so a term such as 'delicate gender' seems to put some uniqueness in the description of a woman

So this question is going to the females: as a woman, are you comfortable with being described as
1. Weaker Vessel
2. Delicate Gender
3. Both
4. None

You are welcome to give your reasons for your answers.

They are both weaker and delicate Gender

But if you ever hear what a woman did, you will understand that they are actually the strongest
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by baralatie(m): 8:28am On Apr 01, 2023
Autobot05:
So you simply wanna rewrite the bible ??
Women are weaker physically , emotionally , mentally .
No they are not the weaker
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Rokiat(f): 9:04am On Apr 01, 2023
Just a woman will do but then I am not dumb to not acknowledge that we are also the weaker gender and delicate as well.

That is what we are opposite sex we are different and I am not trying to be equal to a man in any way because I know my unique qualities as a woman is what makes me special beautiful and feminine, why would I want to be equal in strength to a man, when I can be a damsel in distress and get treated gently and delicately. When women realised the power they hold just by being a woman they will stop trying to be equal to a man in everything.
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by baralatie(m): 9:29am On Apr 01, 2023
Very funny comments

A weaker vessel is basically talking about a symbolic description of a woman's physical attributes compared to a man.it is saying a woman's body frame is weaker than that of a man's body frame but note it does not connote the the woman itself is weak.
For example,a male lion body frame is like ten times heavier,larger,stronger than that of a female lion body frame but the female is a far better hunter than the male.hence the male lion needs the female lion and vice versa.
Another example a female elephant is the head of the elephant troop because of her life duration ad increased senses to locate water(a troop consists of at least 10 to 20 elephants) but yet her strength does not match a male elephant in terms of wading of enemies.

delicate gender as a phrase arose because of gender wars as a result of not understanding who is stronger .
Peoposserrs ran into problems when they were now asked if the woman is the delicate gender than what do you call the male gender in return.......
The word I still be expected till today.

Understanding is key
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by baralatie(m): 9:30am On Apr 01, 2023
A woman has a weaker body frame but is not weak
A man has a stronger body frame but is not strong

2 Likes

Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Autobot05: 10:07am On Apr 01, 2023
baralatie:

No they are not the weaker
Explain
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Jb95(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2023
frozen70:

They are both weaker and delicate Gender

But if you ever hear what a woman did, you will understand that they are actually the strongest

I love your point of view. The problem with so called feminism movement is the direct comparison to men approach.

So women can be both weak and delicate but at the same time carry out the strongest of tasks in terms of what women by nature are designed to carryout.

The only problem with their strength comes when they try directly compare themselves to men, don't u think?
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Jb95(m): 10:15am On Apr 01, 2023
baralatie:

Very funny... This is one of those subtle attack statements by women against men grin grin
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by baralatie(m): 11:05am On Apr 01, 2023
Jb95:

Very funny... This is one of those subtle attack statements by women against men grin grin
How is it an attack against men.
Does it mean that women who have weaker body frame are weak or does it mean that the man who has a stronger body frame is strong

Withiut the man the woman is weak
Without the woman the man is also weak

But the man and the woman do not share the same body frame.then does it not require both the man and the woman to develop capacities to properly manage their combined strengths to achieve durable and effective performance

For this I used lions and lionesses as example.
I can even use empire penguins as example
Or antelopes or dogs

The male are physically built but the the females are more successful hunters despite the difference in physical attributes but one cannot do without the other I order to survive
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by frozen70(f): 11:58am On Apr 01, 2023
Jb95:

I love your point of view. The problem with so called feminism movement is the direct comparison to men approach.

So women can be both weak and delicate but at the same time carry out the strongest of tasks in terms of what women by nature are designed to carryout.

The only problem with their strength comes when they try directly compare themselves to men, don't u think?

For me, it doesn't make any sense for any woman to compare herself with a man

Nature has already designed things the way it should be

That women are stronger in some areas doesn't equal a woman to be the same equality wih a man

For the fact that a woman can't pregnant herself is enough to make us understand that they are not equal with a man

And since men are not designed to carry pregnancy, go through labour to birth a child, means that women are stronger in that area
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Jb95(m): 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2023
baralatie:

How is it an attack against men.
Does it mean that women who have weaker body frame are weak or does it mean that the man who has a stronger body frame is strong

Withiut the man the woman is weak
Without the woman the man is also weak

But the man and the woman do not share the same body frame.then does it not require both the man and the woman to develop capacities to properly manage their combined strengths to achieve durable and effective performance

For this I used lions and lionesses as example.
I can even use empire penguins as example
Or antelopes or dogs

The male are physically built but the the females are more successful hunters despite the difference in physical attributes but one cannot do without the other I order to survive

I understand your point, but as for the statement "a man has a stronger body frame but is not strong" you have to give me the context to which you mean a man is not strong, if not it does sound like a subtle attack.
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
baralatie:
Sense kiss

1 Like

Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Anything you call me, I am. As long as the benefits follow.

Weaker vessel - Don't ask me to bring anything to any table. grin

Delicate - Spoil me, don't upset me tongue

The choice is yours 🤣

1 Like

Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Neither. Women are much more stronger than men. Women's bodies go through many things yet still bounce back and furthermore, outlive men's. What's weak or delicate there?
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Manoftheyear: 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Not all women are weak oo, women are harder than men in some areas, so it depends
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by folake4u(f): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Whether weak or delicate, spoil me silly and treat me with respect. kiss
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by baralatie(m): 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jb95:

I understand your point, but as for the statement "a man has a stronger body frame but is not strong" you have to give me the context to which you mean a man is not strong, if not it does sound like a subtle attack.
Let us take a common problem between married couples.the man's body frame is strong .he can go out and work ,earn income and shoulder responsibilities and fight people who want to destabilize his home it does not mean he is strong enough to bear against every force or pressure .This is because different materials possess different measures of strength
What happens when he fails in his attempts of performing his strength tasks.e.g he lost his job or he gets injured or he experiences an attack or he files for divorce.
Does it mean that since the woman has a weak body frame she will automatically fail.no
This is because all materials possess different properties of strength.

Another example is the contributory powers that is imported into a family.
Although the man has a strong body frame to stand as the male figure.it does not automatically mean the man is the stronger of the two partners to shoulder the respono and leadership needed in some cases.so who is the strong person in such a case

A man is as strong as a woman.a woman is as weak as a man.but the woman does not have the body of a man (which is a strong frame) and the woman does not have the body of a woman (which is a weaker frame)

1 Like

Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Jb95(m): 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
folake4u:
Whether weak or delicate, spoil me silly and treat me with respect. kiss
Persephone1:
Anything you call me, I am. As long as the benefits follow.

Weaker vessel - Don't ask me to bring anything to any table. grin

Delicate - Spoil me, don't upset me tongue

The choice is yours 🤣

Lol 🤣, funny set of people. So if all you want is to pampered and spoilt silly, then where exactly is your strength and how will you be of help to your partner?
Re: Women: Weaker Vessel Or Delicate Gender by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jb95:

Lol 🤣, funny set of people. So if all you want is to pampered and spoilt silly, then where exactly is your strength and how will you be of help to your partner?
The thread isn't about strength of a woman. When the thread goes that way I will give befitting response.

For now lemme enjoy benefits of being a weaker vessel and delicate in peace. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Make Money Online From Home / How I Helped My Husband Overcome Erectile Dysfunctioning / I Can't Give My Husband Sex Cause I'm Sick, Is It Okay If He Cheats? | Dilemmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.