Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? (23783 Views)

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / I’m A Graduate, My Husband Is A Welder, We Don’t Belong In The Same Class —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Onyipk: 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
You have already made a mistake from onset but it is not too late to correct it but before I go further you should know that;

1) You are expected to take care of your wife while your wife is your help meet.
2) It is only cooperation that makes rice grains to swell in tbe cooking pot.

Thus, although this should have been settled before the wedding, you guys need to still sit down together and sincerely plan your future together on what you both earn so that you can build together and not scatter.

It is well o.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by DMerciful(m): 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
She should contribute 40% of her income to run the home. Whats the point of marrying a working class woman that can't support you?
Femmyfamous4u:
Hello all, I need to know if I'm doing some things right or over reacting.

My wife and I just married some months ago and we just spend here and there on stuffs. I bought food stuffs in the house and told her I will place her on 40k monthly to cover for soups and all and I expect her to add to it if it's not enough.

I foot all bills- house rent, Power, and all . She earns a decent 6 figures salary also which is slightly higher than mine without the allowances I get.

She expects me to still give her another allowance apart from the 49k I give her for food.

Each time she buys stuff in the house she always want me to pay back in full; most times, I just pay a part of it which she always frowns and complains about.

It appears she has a notion that her money is her money and mine is ours.

My income is more than hers though.

Do you think I should still give her personal pocket money?

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by do4luv14(m): 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

My wife and I just married some months ago and we just spend here and there on stuffs. I bought food stuffs in the house and told her I will place her on 40k monthly to cover for soups and all and I expect her to add to it if it's not enough.

I foot all bills- house rent, Power, and all . She earns a decent 6 figures salary also which is slightly higher than mine without the allowances I get.

She expects me to still give her another allowance apart from the 49k I give her for food.

Each time she buys stuff in the house she always want me to pay back in full; most times, I just pay a part of it which she always frowns and complains about.

Hmmm eleyi gidigann ooo

She is looking like an egotistic to me , Buh you should do something about the bills you paid,

I Advice you to give her for peace to reign, If she is the one that is prudent with money, those Allowances will come handy soon, If she is not, my guy try as much to save enough for investment and future,

Seems you are in the raining days now

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by mployer(m): 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2023
zed7:
My wife works but I foot all the bills because I choose to. Although she buys things for the house on her own accord.

I'm a traditional man and I choose to take care of everything. I don't give her an allowance though, just occasional gifts, monetary or in items.

I'm not advising for people to do same, split the bills if that's what works for you.

My handling all the bills comes with its advantages, my wife doesn't begin to challenge me unnecessarily. When women contribute with you, they start seeing you as equals instead of you being the captain.

The Op foots the bills too.

His problem is that the wife is demanding allowance.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by treatise: 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2023
Praisepriest:
You won't have savings not to talk of a future. If your salary is ,#100. Feeding should be #40, give her #10. You too take #15, parents #10 invest the rest for future. Women will push you into well and claim innocency
God bless you, I didn't realize this on time.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Marcus96: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Una too dey make mistakes for this marriage things. Why una no discuss this before getting married, atleast this write up no for happen.

Sit her down and tell her point black that she has to contribute in the marriage. It's supposed to be a 2 way induction and not one...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by advanceDNA: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
ZionPriest:
Don't you guys discuss things like this while you are dating? or una just dey knack without proper arrangements.

How will you be able to save if you are the only one giving your 100%?

Guys dont know these thing are now worth discussing.... they just assume a woman should automatically be reasonable and be supportive in marriage....not knowing some pple are just unkind and entitled......

.worst part is pple dont look out or dont know how to identify for small but significant redflags....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by chiboycue: 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

No need to give your wife pocket money but you could be buying her gifts occasionally like during her birthdays, mother days etc to appreciate her. You could even tell her to contribute N10,000 while you bring N30000 to cover for food stuff instead of only coughing out the N40,000 since you also pay the utilities bills and house rent. She should learn to contribute her quota most especially when you start having children

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by emmybobo1: 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:

Story!
When it comes to sex and woman, I have seen it all. Nothing pertaining to that ever move me. I’m so much engrossed in my career pursuit that sex sounds despicable to me. I mean what else do I need to gain from sex, it’s all vain Abeg. I prefer chilling with a cold bottle of best cream than being with a woman

7 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by gigabyte13: 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Before nko
Na today you know say, her money is her money ni......
When you dey woo her dey form Boss, dey say
Don't worry l will take good care of you, am earning enough, you no reason am...
Na now your day break
Welcome to the life of a married MAN.......

On a serious note
Your wife no be helper, na another " owo epo, you carry put for house "
Make money just finish for your hand pere
You go see your wife true colour.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by ceejayluv(m): 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
Choose an advanced country to japa to.. The conditions there will force her to work and contribute to housekeeping. She'll also calculate taxes with you. Our Nigerian women are too entitled.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by MartinsD12(m): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

That useless mindset that her money is hers and your money is for you and her is definitely the height of irresponsibility in marriage, marriage is between two people, you both share everything together in other to make it work , not when a woman is having a parasitic mindset, you earn more than your husband, he pays the bills you still want monthly salary, who are you keeping or making your money for if not for your own family, at times I wonder the kind of useless irresponsible mindset some women in marriage has.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by seanwilliam(m): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:
This is why I'll never marry an average income earner because they can complain and press calculator? See all of them here. Calculator pressers.
That is why i advise men not to get married until they have a high income job, to avoid all this kind of headache but no, that small thing dangling under can't wait to start eating what the big boys are eating. They just jump enter marriage with 120k salary and start punching calculator here and there.

So when it comes to giving your wife money, mathematics go enter am?. You can't give her money to maintain that same body you mount every now and then? Na him you turn financial expert seeker/adviser.? SMH. This generation of men have lost it.

Na this kind things make marriage no dey hungry me again because if all a man can offer is to panel-beat my body and not care whether knots and bolts don dey loose or find it difficult to give me when I request, then ill rather live singularly, work and take care of myself without stress or any body knacking me up and down with no benefits or care. abi you wan dey chop me make i no chop you back? Damn! Na wa o.

Oga, give her pocket money. Na that one she go take know say she marry. Men are supposed to spend on their wife's, working class or not. That is why igbos name their wifes Oriakum, "eater of my wealth". It is your obligation to spend on her. I'm guessing you're Yoruba otherwise mouth no go gree you come talk this kind thing outside. I'm sure all your supporters here na Yoruba men. Kobojunkie number one.

from the look of thing , he doesn’t have extra money to cater for her ‘wants’.
He already pays all the bills ,

Now, are you suggesting he gives all to his wife in order to make her happy while neglecting savings and investments with the remaining money for their prospective children?

Are you saying he should basically live to please her and ignore plans for their future ?

I’m eager to learn from you

4 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by EriMma1: 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
emmybobo1:

When it comes to sex and woman, I have seen it all. Nothing pertaining to that ever move me. I’m so much engrossed in my career pursuit that sex sounds despicable to me. I mean what else do I need to gain from sex, it’s all vain Abeg. I prefer chilling with a cold bottle of best cream than being with a woman

LoL.. maybe no woman gree for you again.

If you see me, you will pee for pant. Forget!
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by dinachi(m): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

The very fact that you are here begging for advice has shown that you are not comfortable with her keeping her whole money and depending on your own. Yet situations like this are caused by any of these five things.

1. Her parental upbringing.
.2. Her Pastors teachings
3. Your being a Simp.
4. Her selfishness/ Lesbian tendencies
5. Her Mum's Advice.

Her parental upbringing. Most young women will go with what they grew up with. They think it is world standard for every thing. Especially if she is a Mummy's girl and her Mumu wore the trousers in the marriage.

Some Pastors needs to be arrested and driven out of anything Christiandom. They wreck havoc in homes teaching heresies instead of Sound Christian doctrine. Infact, if you stay under some Pastors , you may begin to have the impression that you are in an all feminist impartation class. Kai. Is it not the Bible that called a woman a help meet? Only a balanced and a very sound Pastor can teach women sound teachings. Imagine keeping her money and feeding on yours only. O boy, you are not married. You are in a glorified Sugar Daddy and Sugar Daughter relationship.
You are a Simp. A simp is simply a mild mannered dullard who gives women whatever they demand in a futile bid to make them happy! The sad part of it is that women secretly hate simps. They hate simps because most women wants a man to be in charge not to be subservient to them. So, probably you caused because you have been giving in to almost all her shenanigans without complain before now. So she feels why not push him a little more, he will give more. Put your foot down gently but firmly and explain to her why her own money is also important in building the family.

4. She is selfish/Lesbian tendencies.
Let's tackle selfish first. When. A woman is selfish and self centered, all her decisions is about herself not the family. If she is that type then you are in deep soup!
Again, most girls of nowadays are actually coded lesbians. They have no financial or even emotional attachment to their husbands. They only married because of societal/parental pressure and if they had a choice they would have preferred to marry a fellow lesbians. If that's your case, then don't expect any changes because she is not into you! That why I keep warning you men if nowadays to do proper background checks before you marry. If you marry a coded lesbian, you will suffer all kinds of neglect.

5. Her mum's advice.

If she is the type that listens to her Mum's advice whether good or bad, then you are in soup! This is because some women, especially bad ones will like to maintain an overbearing attitude with regards to their daughters marriages. It is sad but true.

MY ADVICE.

Dig in and refuse to shift ground. Call her sit her down and use scriptures and everything to explain things to her. You should have had some of these conversations even before marriage but the problem with most of you usually is that you are distracted by curvy body and sex.

So have a definitive discussion with her and this and don't shift ground.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by emmybobo1: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:

LoL.. maybe no woman gree for you again.

If you see me, you will pee for pant. Forget!
The women I see on the island everyday are way above you both in class and beauty

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Gaskiya77: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
This would have been discussed during courtship especially on finances. In a marriage, an average Nigeria lady sees her money as hers alone at the same time depending absolutely on the man's money all in the name of marriage.
I will advise you explain things to her. Do not overstretched yourself beyond your finances. Your life in that family should matter most to the family. Do what you can do in other to stay alive.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by EriMma1: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
seanwilliam:
from the look of thing , he doesn’t have extra money to cater for her ‘wants’.
He already pays all the bills ,

Now, are you suggesting he gives all to his wife in order to make her happy while neglecting savings and investments with the remaining money for their prospective children?

Are you saying he should basically live to please her and ignore plans for their future ?

I’m eager to learn from you

I'm not saying he should empty his purse for her. A little cash from time to time will go a long way. It will make her feel cherished and loved.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by mployer(m): 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Winneygirl:

40k is not enough for feeding and home maintenance. To even cook a decent pot of soup that will last a few days for both of you, at least 5k.
And you both will still eat other meals 2 more times that day.
Just because you bought bag of rice and semo in the house, it doesn't mean that the kitchen is stocked.
It is not an allowance you are giving her. It is meant to run the home. Food is the biggest expense for any family.
Seperate feeding and home maintenance money. You are not 'giving' it to her.
House rent is once a year and you have 12 months to save towards it. You can ask her to contribute monthly from her salary to a seperate account where you contribute the rent money to.
Increase the feeding/home maintenance to 60-70k.
If she wants an allowance, give her something. A lot of women do a lot of unappreciated labour in the house. All the cooking and cleaning multiple times daily, planning and laundry... hosting your guests etc. If you disagree about the allowance, take over the feeding and home maintenance for a week. She should wake up, dress up and sit waiting for breakfast. Then when she returns, food should be on the table waiting for her. After eating, you do all the clean-up. Do all the laundry. Plan every activity. Attend to all your guests and still find time to call both family members to check on them. When you are done with all these, decide whether someone who does all these deserves an allowance or not.
She's your wife. She will not use the money to run another persons home.

40k is enough to feed two working class people that only eat breakfast and dinner in the house.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by EriMma1: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
emmybobo1:

The women I see on the island everyday are way above you both in class and beauty

You don't know me so don't conclude yet.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by advanceDNA: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
Give her 3% of your salary so that you can have peace of mind, it not argued but applied wisdom. Any month some unexpected expenses Skip it heaven will not fall

There is no point......he cannot have peace living with an unkind an entitled person if he doeant put his foot down about such issues..

..u can never satisfy such pple...she doesnt see he's doing enough ..she can never see it ..no matter what he does........ small time, she will start streaaing him for monthly salary for her own parents....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Eeghe(f): 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Tbh it’s a very fair deal if all she has to do is take responsibility for food
A correct person would make sure you guys ball with regards to food sha….
From ensuring you all have staples and treats, to ensuring the food is tasty and mostly healthy

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Queendera(f): 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

some attitude is stinking.

No disrespect intended.

Please ask her what she's planning to use the money for if she's not spending it on her household.

What kind of mentality is this exactly?

You are earning money you don't spend on your own household? What do you want to do with the money then? Take it to your grave?

Some men need to be careful though. This is not partnership at all.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BRATISLAVA: 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by deltateam: 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Unfortunately that's the attitude of most of these Nigerian girls. That's why they want marriage. They need someone to bear their financial woes.

These are things you should have discussed during courtship not "Have you eaten?" or trying to impress her.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by kevin25(m): 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
You married the wrong wife bro

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Smartguyboy(m): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

The bitter truth is if your wife have a nice job and she can’t support you as a husband then she never loved you from day one . Assuming she’s not working it’s different earning 6 figures yet find it difficult to assist the family with no kid yet what will happen when you will start paying school fees ?
You will drain in debt

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:
This is why I'll never marry an average income earner because they can complain and press calculator? See all of them here. Calculator pressers.
That is why i advise men not to get married until they have a high income job, to avoid all this kind of headache but no, that small thing dangling under can't wait to start eating what the big boys are eating. They just jump enter marriage with 120k salary and start punching calculator here and there.

So when it comes to giving your wife money, mathematics go enter am?. You can't give her money to maintain that same body you mount every now and then? Na him you turn financial expert seeker/adviser.? SMH. This generation of men have lost it.

Na this kind things make marriage no dey hungry me again because if all a man can offer is to panel-beat my body and not care whether knots and bolts don dey loose or find it difficult to give me when I request, then ill rather live singularly, work and take care of myself without stress or any body knacking me up and down with no benefits or care. abi you wan dey chop me make i no chop you back? Damn! Na wa o.

Oga, give her pocket money. Na that one she go take know say she marry. Men are supposed to spend on their wife's, working class or not. That is why igbos name their wifes Oriakum, "eater of my wealth". It is your obligation to spend on her. I'm guessing you're Yoruba otherwise mouth no go gree you come talk this kind thing outside. I'm sure all your supporters here na Yoruba men. Kobojunkie number one.

So people shouldn't get married bcs they are earning 120k?

Not everyone is a thief OP😆

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Eeghe(f): 3:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:

I'm not saying he should empty his purse for her. A little cash from time to time will go a long way. It will make her feel cherished and loved.

This is a different scenario, he should gift her from time to time, and vice versa…
Someone like me even gifts more (woman that I am oo) cos I would do nearly anything for acts of service, even buy them🤷🏾‍♀️😩🤐

If the picture he painted is exactly the situation? His wife is selfish and entitled📌

Many women are on this kinda table, resentful about who they married and as such, chronically dissatisfied and difficult..making their spouses pay
On the other hand, the men abandon the ladies that love them silly and hang their rings on women they want to control
Serves all of us right I guess/we will heal
Whichever one applies
Lol

6 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BRATISLAVA: 3:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
Queendera:
some attitude is stinking.

No disrespect intended.

Please ask her what she's planning to use the money for if she's not spending it on her household.

What kind of mentality is this exactly?

You are earning money you don't spend on your own household? What do you want to do with the money then? Take it to your grave?

Some men need to be careful though. This is not partnership at all.

Is he spending energy on getting the groceries, cooking, caring for the children, cleaning up etc, while he's going to work and handing out these huge, tremendous, excessive sums of money to her? What is he planning on using all his energy for if not his household?

Is he practicing partnership in marriage? Or is money the only fair partnership needed?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by emmybobo1: 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:

You don't know me so don't conclude yet.
Ok you are right. But are you like who? What I mean is that being in Lagos and haven’t lived in phc, I have met women like you in million occasions. Unless you are the most beautiful girlfriend in Nigeria. By the way I’m married and we don’t live in same town and yet I don’t care because I love being alone
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by kene005yahooc(m): 3:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
Good idea ! But no go start wetin you no go fit finish

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Best State To Raise Ones Kids / 2 Siblings Burnt To Death In Jesse Down In Delta Today(graphic Photos) / Nikki Catsura Death Photographer - Nikki Catsura Pics - Family Sues Police Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.