Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,786 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack (11828 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist / School Teachers Shocked At What They Found Under Student's Cardigan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by mastermaestro(m): 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
marlow1962:
Very good.

My mum retired last month (10 days to my BD) I was happy now she can finally rest from the sch stress, but since she retired I have not seen happiness in her eyes. Asked her what's good, she said she wish she can keep working, she doesn't want to stay home idle.
I offered to open after class lesson for her but she refused. Seems she really enjoys teaching her students.

Okowa called back some teachers, but my mum was not among, I don't know why.

You may not understand what it means to stop fulfilling your purpose when you are still physically and mentally capable. You start dying gradually on the inside. Find a way to help your mum back into the public teaching system so she can have a reason to live longer.
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by HustlersWorldNg: 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
Did you loose your number ?
Or can’t access your lost sim?
How to divert otp and clone a lost sim *educational purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboyX1INUY0
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by Gamesmart: 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2023
GboyegaD:
Did they organize a new test of competency and they passed, or it is just the governor excising his power the way he wills.

Why are you not researching? Are you that mentally lazy?

A click on the links and you will find the answers.
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by marlow1962(m): 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
mastermaestro:

You may not understand what it means to stop fulfilling your purpose when you are still physically and mentally capable. You start dying gradually on the inside. Find a way to help your mum back into the public teaching system so she can have a reason to live longer.
I don't know what to do next, she has already started processing her retirement papers. I wish okowa or the incoming government will reinstate them back.
My mum is still physical strong and sharp, but the retirement is making her look dull these days.
My mum enjoys farming (small scale) like her husband, but I don't know if sponsoring her will make her happy. Am confused and stress about it, I'm the last child she trained in school before retirement, that's why I'm worried about it.
I will talk to my elder sister about it, let's see what we can do for her since Okowa isn't reinstating them anytime soon.
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by Sebgajere(m): 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
Oh 9ja my kontiri
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by juman(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
Probably election season promised.
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by juman(m): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2023
Most of us were wrong.

It was different reasons.

The Kaduna government has approved the reinstatement of 1,288 primary school teachers who were sacked 10 months ago.

In June 2022, the Kaduna government sacked over 2,000 school teachers in the state for failing a competency test.

NAN reports that Hauwa Mohammed, spokesperson of the Kaduna state Universal Basic Education Board (KADSUBEB), announced the development in a statement on Wednesday.

Mohammed said 1,266 teachers were affected by the competency test, while 22 others were removed from the government payroll for alleged unproven claims.

Advertisement
She said some of the dismissed teachers complained to the state government that they wrote the competency test and were still sacked, while those who claimed to be sick during the time of the test provided proof.

The KADSUBEB spokesperson further said some teachers claimed to have been kidnapped at the time of the test, adding that others among them were suspended due to verification of their certificates.

“Having examined and verified their complaints, the state government approved the reinstatement of 392 teachers, who wrote and passed the test, and 515 central administration staff that were officially exempted from the test,” NAN quoted Mohammed as saying.

“Others are 298 teachers, who were verified to be sick at the time of the test, as well as 61 teachers that were kidnapped or involved in accidents verified by their respective education secretaries.

Also, 22 teachers, who were “permanently removed from the payroll for unsubstantiated claims were equally reinstated, amounting to a total of 1,288 reinstated workers”.

Mohammed asked all affected teachers to collect their reinstatement letters from their respective education secretaries immediately.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-kaduna-reinstates-1288-primary-school-teachers-10-months-after-sack/amp
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by Caseless: 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2023
PAWG:
grin

This was an innocent attempt at FTC, Edakun pardon my childishness
grin
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by Godsownfc(m): 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2023
Yabsun:
Hope he’s corrected what made him sacked them initially? If not, he’s just as wicked as hell sad
I can't still understand why he sacked them in the first place!
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by kennethesan(m): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
Laughable
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by vikstandon(m): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ayemileto:
angry
El Rufai have probably realised his time as Governor is ending soon, and trying to make amends before leaving.

He has Just 54 days left as Governor, after which his tenure will become history with which he'll be judged whenever he decides to contest for an higher position.

It's good that he's trying to repair his image sha. I hope he pays the teachers the 10months salary arrears as well. grin

He pocketed their salary for months... Now he wants to compound problems for the incoming Governor.
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by pinkguy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 05, 2023
Lol he trying to add staff for the new PDP elected governor
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by NAC1666: 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2023
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by matm: 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2023
boerboelsnig:
grin

Never knew dogs also have age tag.
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by 08050486478ami(m): 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
After suffering a humiliating defeat at the General elections and a narrow escape in Governorship election he has to humble himself.
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by Pat081: 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
nurex01:
Like for El Rufai

Share for APC
which kind useless like & share is this one when many of them have dead so he call them back because his going after 8yrs
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by mastermaestro(m): 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2023
marlow1962:

I don't know what to do next, she has already started processing her retirement papers. I wish okowa or the incoming government will reinstate them back.
My mum is still physical strong and sharp, but the retirement is making her look dull these days.
My mum enjoys farming (small scale) like her husband, but I don't know if sponsoring her will make her happy. Am confused and stress about it, I'm the last child she trained in school before retirement, that's why I'm worried about it.
I will talk to my elder sister about it, let's see what we can do for her since Okowa isn't reinstating them anytime soon.

Just discuss it with your siblings. Since some people were recently recalled from retirement, that means there is a chance that more would. You need to search for good links.

My best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by marlow1962(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
mastermaestro:

Just discuss it with your siblings. Since some people were recently recalled from retirement, that means there is a chance that more would. You need to search for good links.

My best wishes.
Thanks my bro
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by moskush1(m): 7:21am On Apr 06, 2023
they should equally be paid for damage as this is their means of livelihood
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by Tonytonex(m): 8:49am On Apr 06, 2023
tishbite42:
The evil midget trying to make amends
Good for them
hope he will pay them for the 10 month?
If not...
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by Lovelydaisies: 10:00am On Apr 06, 2023
marlow1962:
Very good.

My mum retired last month (10 days to my BD) I was happy now she can finally rest from the sch stress, but since she retired I have not seen happiness in her eyes. Asked her what's good, she said she wish she can keep working, she doesn't want to stay home idle.
I offered to open after class lesson for her but she refused. Seems she really enjoys teaching her students.

Okowa called back some teachers, but my mum was not among, I don't know why.

Some retirees went to Asaba to submit some stuff for the payment of their arrears of 2019! My mother was among them and she retired 2020 or 2021. They asked them to wait till one p.m. before attending to them. Retirees are having tough in Delta State.

Maybe your mom should go to Asaba if she's close by.
Re: Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack by marlow1962(m): 11:54am On Apr 06, 2023
Lovelydaisies:

Some retirees went to Asaba to submit some stuff for the payment of their arrears of 2019! My mother was among them and she retired 2020 or 2021. They asked them to wait till one p.m. before attending to them. Retirees are having tough in Delta State.

Maybe your mom should go to Asaba if she's close by.
She will be among them, cus she said she will be going to their ministry to submit some slips.
Teaching in Nigeria is a useless occupation, cus when you retire you're on your own. No arrears, no gratuity, nothing. Delta state government no dy try at all o. Civil servants are just living on peanuts and the grace of God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result? / ASUP To Begin Strike On December 12 / Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.