Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka (39494 Views)

Betty Akeredolu Struggles To Prevent Husband From Eating Mistress' Concoctions / Obidients Is Most Repulsive, Off-putting Concoctions I Ever Encountered- Soyinka / I Wish There Would 2 Countries In Nigeria - One For Obidients & One For Urchins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by baralatie(m): 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
ShaqFu:
Chai! See finishing.

The ball is now in Datti Baba Ahmed's court, please let him kindly accept profs offer. 😁

Beside, did he just diss Charly Boy? 😁😁😁
You did not see where prof shaded. Whole supreme court justice lipsrsealed
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Trustedpronet: 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
Who go fit explain this literature book for me

3 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by patrickmuf(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
Agunesinjaweola:
Very few people in the SE can understand the cacophony of the literary sermon here please !
😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by BushDoctor123: 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
Soyinka thinks Nigeria's has forgotten his past deeds.👇

*1965 ELECTION DRAMA*
*31Yr Old Soyinka Declared Wanted For Seizing Radio Station At Gunpoint Over Western Region Elections Rigging!*

*HOLDING IBADAN RADIO STATION AT GUNPOINT AND WOLE SOYINKA’S BIZARRE NAME-CALLING~Tosin Adeoti*

*Wole Soyinka calling OBIdients names is the most bizarre thing I've read today.*

*Do older Nigerians really think we don't read (their) history.*

*A 31-year-old Oluwole Soyinka stormed a radio station and held a Bereta pistol to the head of a broadcaster's head to prevent the victory speech of the winner of a declared election result.*

*“Give me those tapes. GIVE ME THOSE TAPES OR ELSE……!”*

*He forcefully collected the tape and gave a substitute tape to be slotted for broadcast.*

*"Akintola go! Drop your stolen mandate, leave town and take your reprobates with you. Let them leave now before the people decide to wash the streets with their blood."*

*It is this same Soyinka who now talks about fascism and says Peter Obi supporters lost him the elections because of their utterances.*

*On an election that has been universally condemned?*

*No OBIdient has done half of what Soyinka did in that election; an action that he's refused to call himself a fascist for or even condemn.*

*"I could not sit down and accept that somebody should steal my voice. I felt at one with the majority of the people."*

*An action he justifies by saying he was moved to take because the democratic rights of the citizens were brazenly stolen.*

*This is the man who condemns people whose only offense is calling for justice ON THE INTERNET.*

*They hold no media station to ransom.*

*They wield no weapon on the streets.*

*Their offence?* *Vehemently oppose those they think are not qualified to lead them on social media.*

*This is the people a man who fought military dictatorship on the streets and via the ink is offended by?*

*Is this how to build a nation?*

2 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Gajagojo: 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
You must match your audience for effective communication. Soyinka needs a course on communication. His message is lost on the attempt to showcase his mastery of "English" language.

/
. Did he email you?
Who told you you are among? ....the audience and
The message is
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Those who went to school
The message is deliberately not meant for illiterates
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by bibiking7(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2023

Some ask, why is He sitting on the fence, he should declare his support for someone. He does not have to support any candidate to be logical and objective.
Some folks have also started doing the exact thing he was talking about that you don't need to insult anybody whose opinion does not support your narrative.

I believe that there is new mental illness on the rise but I am not sure if it has a name yet. This everybody must agree with me or they mad sounds like a new type of madness. Guess who is the mad one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by lereinter(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
accordadoga29:
cheesy

They thought everyone would be daft to vote for an illiterate with upper iweka accent.

A colossal failure who could not commission a single project when he was a governor.

A religious warrior who knew he would lose because he has no track records as a governor but thought the only way he could win votes would be through religion antics.

A youth at 62.

A pathological liar.

An illiterate who did not know what green energy is.

A man who gets advised by a mad man.

A fake messiah who sheds crocodile tears on the national tv.

Nigeria does not need a female president at this critical time.

Religious war merchant, voice like that of gay man that lost his sinning partner
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by ToyinDipo(m): 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Dittodat:
To be an Obidient, you simply need a very low IQ and lack basic logical thinking capacity.

Your mumu done do grin grin grin
This is exactly the way I see them. They are some frustrated bunch, cursed with heightened emotions and repressed logic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Olat4421: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Dis English Dey crack my brain
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by jidamsel43(m): 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
It pains me that the " Obidients" are not knowledgeable enough to comprehend the Thunder Baba Soyinka just dropped on their head.
You can't mess with Prof. and go scot-free

3 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by infogeneral: 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
The Obidients don provoke Baba Soyinka. For me, I made a decision not to not ever waste my time and energy arguing with anyone or group who is dumb enough to have believed that President Buhari is a Jubrin from Sudan.

2 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by zoby: 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
accordadoga29:
cheesy

They thought everyone would be daft to vote for an illiterate with upper iweka accent.

A colossal failure who could not commission a single project when he was a governor.

A religious warrior who knew he would lose because he has no track records as a governor but thought the only way he could win votes would be through religion antics.

A youth at 62.

A pathological liar.

Oh My God!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don finish me Sis! I'm still laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by luckyz4rea(m): 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
Misterc:
In as much as he's one of our Most Respected Nobel Laureate.....
I must say Professor Wole Soyinka is just all words and no actions....
If you're supporting Obi just say it...
If you're supporting Tinubu just says it straight up...
Rather than these sitting on the fence and all words...

You couldn’t be more correct. Although I listened to one of his interviews where he said he told the president select and Atiku not to contest for the sake of youths but that has been all there is to him

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by kingthreat(m): 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
You must match your audience for effective communication. Soyinka needs a course on communication. His message is lost on the attempt to showcase his mastery of "English" language.

/

Soyinka's communication is meant for people who have achieved a certain level of Intelligence Quotience. If you can't comprehend means you are not there yet.

4 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Gajagojo: 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
bibiking7:

Some ask, why is He sitting on the fence, he should declare his support for someone. He does not have to support any candidate to be logical and objective.
Some folks have also started doing the exact thing he was talking about that you don't need to insult anybody whose opinion does not support your narrative.

I believe that there is new mental illness on the rise but I am not sure if it has a name yet. This everybody must agree with me or they mad sounds like a new type of madness. Guess who is the mad one.

At his age he does not have to take sides and not only him many like Seun Kuti came out to say none of the candidates impressed him
Again the rabid mob attacked him and his family

3 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by FreeStuffsNG: 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
The tactics are familiar: ridicule, incriminate, then intimidate. Objective: undermine the structure of justice .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Fren232: 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
Misterc:

You're very correct..... Most these supporters hate being reasonable and support blindly

Let's wait and see how their strategy will win election. 2027 will be worse for them if they continue like this. They are losing supporters everyday and they continue to double down because of social media hype

2 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by AnambraPRINCE78(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
charlypoker:

make that idiot cultist go sidon.

you can come out and label a certain individual who want liberation and freedom whatever you want. But you could say anything abou the dastardly act perpetuated by the APC and the evil machineries.

your old age has come with a common sickness. You are of no use to Nigerians. wasted nonsense.
HE IS MORE USEFUL AND IMPORTANT THAN YOUR FOOOOLISH FATHER

NITWIT
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by jidamsel43(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
BushDoctor123:
Soyinka thinks Nigeria has forgotten his past deeds.👇

*1965 ELECTION DRAMA*
*31Yr Old Soyinka Declared Wanted For Seizing Radio Station At Gunpoint Over Western Region Elections Rigging!*

*HOLDING IBADAN RADIO STATION AT GUNPOINT AND WOLE SOYINKA’S BIZARRE NAME-CALLING~Tosin Adeoti*

*Wole Soyinka calling OBIdients names is the most bizarre thing I've read today.*

*Do older Nigerians think we don't read (their) history?*

*A 31-year-old Oluwole Soyinka stormed a radio station and held a Bereta pistol to the head of a broadcaster's head to prevent the victory speech of the winner of a declared election result.*

*“Give me those tapes. GIVE ME THOSE TAPES OR ELSE……!”*

*He forcefully collected the tape and gave a substitute tape to be slotted for broadcast.*

*"Akintola go! Drop your stolen mandate, leave town and take your reprobates with you. Let them leave now before the people decide to wash the streets with their blood."*

*It is this same Soyinka who now talks about fascism and says Peter Obi supporters lost him in the elections because of their utterances.*

*On an election that has been universally condemned?*

*No OBIdient has done half of what Soyinka did in that election; an action that he's refused to call himself a fascist for or even condemn.*

*"I could not sit down and accept that somebody should steal my voice. I felt at one with the majority of the people."*

*An action he justifies by saying he was moved to take because the democratic rights of the citizens were brazenly stolen.*

*This is the man who condemns people whose only offense is calling for justice ON THE INTERNET.*

*They hold no media station to ransom.*

*They wield no weapon on the streets.*

*Their offense?* *Vehemently oppose those they think are not qualified to lead them on social media.*

*This is the people a man who fought military dictatorship on the streets and via the ink is offended by?*

*Is this how to build a nation?*
I can bet that you didn't comprehend half of the statement he made .

3 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by bayelsaowei(m): 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
This same Wole Soyinka ushered in Buharis govt...he should go and sleep. We are all going to continue to suffer..

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by zoby: 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2023

A youth at 62.

A pathological liar.

God bless every finger that voted against the serpent. It doesn’t matter if the vote was for Ashiwaju, Kwankwaso or Atiku. You saved us

You nailed it!
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Sunnyja: 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
accordadoga29:
cheesy

A youth at 62.

A pathological liar.

God bless every finger that voted against the serpent. It doesn matter if the vote was for Ashiwaju, Kwankwaso or Atiku. You saved us
Chai. All these are attempt to defend a man who isn't even aware of his surroundings! The balablus of Nigeria, the Escobars, the treasury theif!

2 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Olat4421: 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nigeria has become a dictatorship country so sad no justice anymore
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by bluefilm: 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
Sltp:
After inventing cultism into Nigeria, this idiot supported Buhari. I've always known he is overrated.

Don't mind him.

He must have been paid to say nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by onuman: 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
"..of attempts to place the present contention on the same podium as the twenty-year old anti-Abacha struggle!
This gross abuse of historic licence actually provides smug satisfaction for rookie activists."-------Wole Soyinka.

It's only a rookie ethnic interest activist who cannot see that the anti-Abacha struggle is a mini struggle compared to the present struggle in Nigeria against having a president for Nigeria who was once fined to forfeit N460000 drug trafficking money to the US government; today's struggle against having a president who is obviously mentally handicapped is a bigger struggle than the anti-Abacha struggle. Abacha was not obviously mentally handicapped like Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by AnambraPRINCE78(m): 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2023
Steinmann:
OBIDIENT MOVEMENT IS A TSUNAMI THAT WILL SWEEP AWAY THE DEMONS
IN NIGERIAN POLITY no matter which names he or she goes by.
TSUNAMI ONLY IN SE REGION.

ONCE ASIWAJU GET SWORN IN. ANY IPOB TERRORISTS CONSTITUTING NUISANCE ANYWHERE WILL BE SEVERELY DEALT WITH

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Truth234(m): 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2023
Mrchippychappy:
https://saharareporters.com/2009/10/18/rise-and-reclaim-your-country-achebe-challenges-nigerian-youth

Instead of all this grammar wey baba Soyinka dey talk, why don't he take a leaf from the late Achebe who called on the Nigerian youth to do whatever it takes to reclaim their country and their destiny?

Me i no understand this one wey baba dey attack youths that are desperate to change the country for the better, na wa oh.

I have always said it, anyone who claims to be a freedom fighter or activist and yet keeps monetizing his or her activism is no real activist.

Achebe turned down National honor because he was sad at the way the country was going. Na that time I no sey Achebe na stand up guy.

Achebe told the Nigerian Government that if they gave him national honors he would turn it down and he did.

Soyinka said if Trump wins he would burn his US passport, Trump won and Soyinka started laughing and said "ah ah, someone cannot play with you again?"

Tells you all you need to know about both men.

Yet, Soyinka was the one imprisoned during the Biafra war. Till date is the biggest non-Igbo supporter of Biafra and as stated above, he does not really believe in Nigeria.

Achebe rejected national honour, did Wole Soyinka not reject the same under Jonathan Goodluck?

2 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Gajagojo: 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
luckyz4rea:

You couldn’t be more correct. Although I listened to one of his interviews where he said he told the president select and Atiku not to contest for the sake of youths but that has been all there is to him
You could not be more incorrect

Why must be support Tinubu or Obi? Or anyone
So you expect the Judges in the Supreme Court to support one or the other?
He is not a judge but he did not vote
Like nearly 60% of registered voters.
He has a right to not take sides
Logically you are misguided
Any person who comes out to side with any candidate loses the right to comment as an objective observer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Omoluabi16(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
"Revolution is not about lining up behind the nearest available symbol. When a symbol does emerge however, we are still obliged to examine every aspect of what is fortuitously on offer, and continue to guard our freedoms every inch of the way."

Truest.👍✊

3 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by zoby: 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
accordadoga29:
cheesy

A youth at 62.

A pathological liar.

God bless every finger that voted against the serpent. It doesn’t matter if the vote was for Ashiwaju, Kwankwaso or Atiku. You saved us

This is going on twitter/ IG
PHENOMENAL!!! The best I've seen so far!

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by alobright17(m): 1:03pm On Apr 07, 2023
Misterc:
In as much as he's one of our Most Respected Nobel Laureate.....
I must say Professor Wole Soyinka is just all words and no actions....
If you're supporting Obi just say it...
If you're supporting Tinubu just says it straight up...
Rather than these sitting on the fence and all words...
the problem is that both you and your father grad and great grand fathers don't even have both words and actions, that's terrible. All you got is online trolling, is that your action? Mr action. Onye Ala

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by AnambraPRINCE78(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
AlanSugar:
Just how much did the drug baron pay this old goon? Isn't he the "hand de shake, leg de shake, he pee-poo for body come de shout emilokan" crooner! Tai Solari comes to mind. Africa is certainly a continent of comedy.
THE SAME AMOUNT THE PANDORA FRAUD AND UGM IPOB TERRORISTS SPONSOR PETER OBI PAID YOU TO BE FOOOLISH AND NOT MAKE WISE USE OF YOUR TINY BRAIN.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Winning Kano As More Results Emerge / Peter Obi Dragged To Court For "Violation Of Chid Rights" / Ekiti Election: Voters Receive Cash, Gifts From Politicians - The Nation (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.