Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66131 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Shigobaba(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Coming back to Nigeria is not an option. You need to replan yourself, you might change your job because studying abroad require a lot of money and beginning might not be rosy, at the end you will laugh.
After all, I have some people living in Canada with their family and they are doing and living fine.

Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Trustedpronet: 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Village people have started working on your file...don't allow them sir...change that job and complete your school

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by thesmallgod(m): 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
It is always like this for many people that studied abroad especially for those who does not have sponsors. It means you have to work and finance all your expenses. I believe you are not the kind of person that can hustle, probably you come from an averagely well to do family, or you are a person that get quickly fed-up due to the things that is happening around you. Unless you have something tangible to fall back on in Nigeria, I would not encourage you to make the decision to go back to Nigeria, because presently, things are getting worse in the country. The hardship is too much and unemployment rate are constantly increasing.
What I can advise you to do is to keep finding another job which is less physically demanding. If you have any other skills, you can also opt in for a freelance jobs. Since you are in abroad, I believe you have better chance of getting hired if you skillset is top notch.

Finally, In life, we all need to make sacrifice at one point to reach our promise land. Most of the time people give testimony about their success but never tell the challenges and the struggles they faced before reaching their promise land.

Learn to make sacrifice because one day, it will pay off.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by juman(m): 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Babaelemu:
If you can save millions in nigeria doing one thing or the other with all honesty you have no business in foreign land except for tourism.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Odingo1: 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
You are very very mad sorry to say that.. And you sound very lazy.. sorry to Say that too. My neighbor left Nigeria to u.k February with her children.. she's doing care givers and last time we spoke.. she just complained about the hours she has to work but she said... my sister.. money dey Here if you no lazy.. so oga you are lazy.. very very lazy.. pls come back to Nigeria nonsense.
The guy na ajibutter for naija before he travelled, no blame him, he think say abroad na for weak mind. If na Germany he dey, na die he for die after carrying motor parts and loading containers on daily basis.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by iykepromotions: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Look for other lucrative business to do. I have a suggestion based on experience. Learn domain buying and selling. There's a thread on it here on nl; https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online

Check it out and do more research on your own. It's one of the easiest way to start earning if done properly . And as you're abroad, it may be an advantage to you because most of our buyers are US and Canada companies.

Vista namepros.com or check my signature for direct mentorship and guidelines.

Regards.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
sslcrypt:
Ministry of communication in full propaganda mode.

This makes sense o.

If e be government dey run all these things outside, just to discourage people from japaing.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by peoplewww: 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
I think you should finish your program. It's my believe you'll make more money when you do. Reasons why people are living Canada is what I don't know. I heard alot of people don't like Canada. Think Ireland, Australia, nz, united states. Nigeria is not even an option. If you are too home sick, get a Canadian passport first. That's my advice. try to save up if possible. Invest in something there. You can be going there from time to time. If possible, invest in something in Nigeria as well. That way, you can move freely into two different worlds when any of them bores you. Nobody wants to work after all. It's only in Nigeria that somebody will scam another person because of job. The developed countries are suffering from labour shortage. They are literally giving bonuses to people to come to work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by SLOVFO(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:
[b]

How did you arrive at that conclusion?
For him to even contemplate coming back to Naija. Many don't have much to come back to Nigeria to... which job are you coming back to Nigeria except you have got connections.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by UncleJudax(m): 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:
[b]

Stories like this is far too common now, people leaving Nigeria with little or no money to survive abroad, then we have threads like this people complaining that abroad is hard and Nigeria is better but they will never book the next available flight back to Nigeria and allow us to hear word
He said nobody send you , na for Naija person send am?

Him even see work wey 50% de cover bills. Ask Nigeria students at home how far.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tctrills: 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.
Stop being lazy. Of course it's always tough to combine work and schooling. When you go back to Nigeria, you would still complain
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Jefferyhi86(m): 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Oga do this for ie unborn kids forget the pain, I derive joy in hard work, u said half of ur salary goes to bills, the other half nko, no b to gather fund ls for school fees
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by EgunMogaji2: 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

You’re doing good if only 50% of your earnings goes TK bills. You’re still new, you’ll get used to Canada though I don’t understand why anyone would choose Canada to go to personally. I don’t get that part.

I say stick it out. Use your current job as a stepping stone. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by kyber(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
I swear the guy is just too lazy
If I happened to work as a technician in Canada ehn it won’t be as stressful as it is in Lagos here where I have to push heavy machines on trucks,carry them,move under sun,or repair machines under sun only to close at 8pm and resume 7am the following day.
All these would be much easier and stress-free in a good environmental condition like Canada,this Op too lazy God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by BackFromBalablu: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
if to say two person fit share visa undecided i for like ask you make u borrow me. Make i rush use am since you wan relocate come naija smiley make i help u dey maintain the visa dey go wink i no want make e waste.
My home training made not to waste things, especially people's thing grin so i for like help u hold am bt dem 2 people no dey use one visa angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Truthshscrazy: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:
[b]

Stories like this is far too common now, people leaving Nigeria with little or no money to survive abroad, then we have threads like this people complaining that abroad is hard and Nigeria is better but they will never book the next available flight back to Nigeria and allow us to hear word
grin
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by socialmediaman: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness

It doesn’t work for everyone but it will work for most people. The work that OP is talking about is the same work people do in naija but never have enough money to pay their bills and have access to basic needs like electricity, water and high speed internet
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by abuhusna1: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

Sorry to hear about your story but what you need now is a new job perhaps you may go do security training and get security job which will only requires you sit and monitor cctv. Don't make mistake of going back to naija cos firstly they won't refund your tuition fee as long as you have been granted visa and naija too is not in good shape atm na another depression that will cause you. I wish you all the best but it's good someone like you not pint8ng abroad Luke it's Eldorado or a parasise

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by IbnIbrahim: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness
That is how it always seems. They tag you as an enemy of progress.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by meobizy(f): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
January to April na him depression wan kill you already? Lazy thing. Thank God for my gym lifestyle.

Customer service jobs plenty that way. Apply for one. You will come again complaining about how mentally draining that one is. Change your mindset; that place will drain every ounce of energy from you. Naija na soft life to an extent because our society na anywhere-belle-face-run-am-as-e-be. Oyibo don get system in place since the eighteen hundreds. Enter a gym or learn yoga. They will teach you pain tolerance. Uber Eats is also a thing. Most of my guys supported their families through it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
its too early, hang in there, you are still on your adapting phase... if not, try to find a not so demanding job there.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Juju70(m): 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
They u dey whine us ni.....
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Bromax: 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
Village people on the march again
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Miles300: 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
Una dey think say embassies dey foolish to dey ask for proof of funds

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Marrtynze(m): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
mployer:

Everyone isn't broke in Nigeria. Some people have such a rosy life here in naija that the Japa life you guys hype is more or less slavery to them.

If you are broke here, you have every reason to Japa
I really don't think you can be called broke if you have the funds to japa, we are talking well over 5m, bro you ain't broke if you can arrange such funds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by poseidon12: 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tmonex:
finish school, get a mentally demanding job, relocate to a buzzing part of Canada. Is it that Difficult? Anyways go home and don't come back here to complain again, we are not your uncle.

Bobo doesn't have money to remain in school and you are talking about finishing school??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by plaetton: 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
You are very very mad sorry to say that.. And you sound very lazy.. sorry to Say that too. My neighbor left Nigeria to u.k February with her children.. she's doing care givers and last time we spoke.. she just complained about the hours she has to work but she said... my sister.. money dey Here if you no lazy.. so oga you are lazy.. very very lazy.. pls come back to Nigeria nonsense.

Thank you.
I was going to say the same thing. The OP sounds like a lazy person.
Nigeria is obviously a place where hard work and perseverance hardly pays off, but privileges are given rather than earned.
The OP is now in place where hard work and perseverance have a direct relationship with comfort and privilege, and he finds himself unable to cope.
What the op is whining about are the dues that every immigrant pays before they arrange themselves over time to a better life in North America or Europe.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by socialmediaman: 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

It doesn’t work for everyone, and I understand if you’re trying to quit and go back to your safe place, but before you do, ensure you’ve exhausted your options. Ask people there how they’re able to cope. If you’re not used to coffee, maybe you should try it.

Unless your health doesn’t allow for stressful jobs like that, it’s a temporary situation that will end with time and education.

Also, before quitting, talk to your boss and try to negotiate for transfer to another department. Canada is not like Nigeria where bosses are gods. You can negotiate.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Kobicove(m): 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
Henroo88:
No try come here empty handed. Stay until u become a citizen.
If not, na desert u go pass go back..

grin
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by MrDoGood(m): 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
1Sharon:
You might just set a new precedent.

Then again you might need more time to adapt 5-10yrs

Then again i feel America is the best place for japarains. Semi skilled workers like hairdressers, [b]truck drivers [/b]make alot of money.

In Canada too. But Indians full that sector and they help each other
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Reni1: 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:
[b]

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

That’s very easy, you sure have something valuable to return to in Nigeria, hence the reason you are considering to go back home. For example, you sure hve a nice and comfortable place to live in when you return to Nigeria. Most people who have nothing in Nigeria will not consider returning even if they drop out of school and become illegal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Bows Down After Returning From Libya With Other Stranded Nigerians / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With / Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.