Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66109 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by inoki247: 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lol las las everybody go dey alright..

That's how I'm looking my friend like this he dey du UK level dem ask him for 10k pounds to arrange am for him....

When I no mad why will I carry my hard earned 10m that's equivalent to 10meter to go slave for anoda man country....

The country wey we say he bad we are still earning millions derr I go come carry that million go burn...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Tmonex: 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
finish school, get a mentally demanding job, relocate to a buzzing part of Canada. Is it that Difficult? Anyways go home and don't come back here to complain again, we are not your uncle.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Softmirror: 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

SOME HAVE COMMITTED SUICIDE DUE TO THE BOLDED IN YOUR COMMENT.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

Going back to Nigeria is a mistake. I went to England-> Australia -> Canada, went through everything you described and now I'm doing very well.

What are you studying?

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by poseidon12: 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kingray10:
Just change the job
apply for a better job.
Case closed

Apply for which better job in Canada He should instead relocate to US.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by GoodIsGod: 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Come Quickly.
Even with the next available flight

All manner of posts on Nairaland.

We are expecting you ASAP.
When you arrive, make another thread so that we can come and celebrate your glorious homecoming with you.

undecided
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ipobarecriminals: 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
shocked hope village people aren’t playing Ludo on mbur head? U can come visiting, spend like 6 months to see how things dey.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Segzy19: 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bro, struggle it out over there o.

Life nowadays is for the rugged...

Keep pushing , hoping and praying...
Seek information as well.

Change job if you get something better...

You will soon enter your place of rest....

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Asour: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness

Why make such a decision based on someone who left Nigeria less than 100 days ago and is currently schooling & working?

It'll always be rough at the start. It's in pulling through that it gets better.

I moved from Benin to Lagos for work — within Nigeria AND IT WAS TOUGH for the first 6 months!
How much more outside the country for someone who's on a budget?

16 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by donforeign: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness
no be for everybody baba, make try another job. if na so dem dey run comot abroad, nobody for dey there. diffrent mindset o

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Franking: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
It takes time sometimes to settle in a new environment with new routines, etc. Calm down.

I wish we can trade places. Nigeria is hopelessly annoying and frustrating.

Stay put.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Promise47(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. what is the Program name that you are doing and how did you do it
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by NAC1666: 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

Don't allow Laziness to enter your body. Be a man and hustle for your future

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by histemple: 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Do you now want us to help you think?

Or you no longer know the road to the airport?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Slynation(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Oga come back make another person go... grin grin by the time you continue doing that work continuously, the body pains will stop after some weeks, but you are not ready for that kinda life...!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:
[b]

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

It is obvious na, an average aje kpako won't say what the OP said.

Do you know how many people do bricklaying, server's job and others strenuous jobs in Nigeria to see themselves through their education?

Such person won't say what the OP said, had it been OP is from a poor or struggling home, he won't say this.

8 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by mployer(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

Always check the registration date to know how long the moniker has been on Nairaland. Some of them (they've been caught) are people who have been repeatedly denied visa to foreign countries and are currently on the mission to dissuade, create cock and bull stories to paint the exodus in a bad light.

Everyone isn't broke in Nigeria. Some people have such a rosy life here in naija that the Japa life you guys hype is more or less slavery to them.

If you are broke here, you have every reason to Japa

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Ferdinandu(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

The people that really notices the difference in Nigeria and abroad are people from a struggling family, who will reach abroad and wouldn't even mind doing 3 jobs at a time because they are just grateful for just easily finding any job at all. The comfortable upper middle class family find it hard to adjust because they are not really suffering in Nigeria, they just want to belong to Japa bandwagon but on reaching abroad they all realise they had been enjoying full time in Nigeria

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by BucketMan: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Never go back
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Bahamas95(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Japarism is not for everybody, if you're doing well here and having doubts in your mind that you can't survive abroad there's no need for you to japa.

Someone like me won't even look back when I japa because everything about Nigeria annoy me already.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by jahsharon: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

Village people.

Your own village people stubborn well well. Even after you ran from them to Canada, they still want to bring you back. This is like Buhari going to Kenya to arrest and bring back Nnamdi Kanu to Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by LagosFirstSon: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
You're obviously a lazy man

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Namigotalktru: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

Go back finish online and continue your hustle. You are the only one that knows where shoe is pinching you

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by chiefolododo(m): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ikunle Abiyamooooo
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by chiefolododo(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
whereas you were not drunk?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
You are welcome in advance

Wishing you a Bulaba return grin
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by jahsharon: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:

This is what happens when you cheat yourself during visa application and claimed that you have the money to see yourself through your studies.

You no dey fit secret ni?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by kelvindj98: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
I dont know what you people think when you plan to travel abroad. Do you think you are not going to work to make ends meet over there. Or you just want to sit down one place where money and banana will fall on you.
At least there are jobs over here. If e don tire you enter the next flight back to naija. Everyone should do what suits them. If Nigeria works for you stay, if it doesnt...you can go. But abeg stop disturbing us on nairaland about how you want to come back.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Schrodinger2:

This is too generic and might be misleading for those that want to come through studies like the Op. You can't do all those Jobs you mentioned here in US. We're only allowed campus jobs of 20 hours max.
Canada gives you more time to work while studying than US.
You sound like one guy wey I know, his name is Babs.

I think you're being too hard on him as he might not be used to hustling hard while in 9ja. Again, until you come aboard and combine hard labour with studies, and be in the Op's shoes, you wouldn't understand his plight. However, I strongly condemn his thought of quitting to return home for this reason, no legitimate success comes cheap.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Jadeng: 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Nothing in life is easy o....
You must strengthen and yourself from within... knowing that the situation won't last forever.
Come, na trailer of rice you dey offload??
Why not look for another job?
As a student in Canada, there so many scholarships. grants and funding opportunities available.
If you run from Canada because of work related stress, what would you now do in Naija??

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot / Lady Bows Down After Returning From Libya With Other Stranded Nigerians / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.