Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66094 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by JeffreyJunior: 2:35am On Apr 09, 2023
It's not always greener on the other side especially when you travel to obodo oyibo through the window like you did but I must add that you sound lazy too, no offense.

You barely arrived a new country in January and expect to land a CEO job eekwa?

Before you left Naija, you should have had a long term plan in place and this should be your first stage in the plan.

Except you land in US/Canada with permanent resident card, you will most likely pass through the stage you are in now which I term endurance stage.

You are even lucky. Your story is sweet sef compared to the ones I've heard from older Naija men in the States who did three part time odd jobs and still were going to school with all the stress associated with transportation and weather.

These days, as Naija boys arrive yankee, next thing na to buy car and be oppressing people on Instagram. cheesy

All I'm saying is bros, sit your ass down and work your way up to the level you wanna be because the opportunity is always there in Canada for you unlike in Naija where it's not guaranteed.

But if you think otherwise, well air ticket is low now. I just bought British Airways PE return ticket for $2,550 so one way ticket from Canada to Naija fit no reach $500 for regular economy. Safe trip back home sir. cheesy

40 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Shokoloko(f): 3:54am On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests. I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place. I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue. The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one. To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay. Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside. Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills. The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself. My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.
My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.
I'm so sorry, you are going through this. What city are you in?

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Shokoloko(f): 3:57am On Apr 09, 2023
sihamey:

He told you his friends has not gotten any job and he managed to get this one and you ask him to change better job wink
Did he see better job and he is complaining
There are better jobs. He needs someone to guide him. Canadians take resume writing very seriously. If your name is too long and ethnic, a HR person may be scared of offending you with wrong pronunciation so they will not call you for work. He needs guidance.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by UnFashionIsta: 4:10am On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests. I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place. I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue. The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one. To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay. Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside. Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills. The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself. My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.
My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.
Keep pressing bro. The first couple of months will certainly be tough, but things can only get better. Good that you're already in school and have a job, albeit physically demanding, but you have to start from somewhere, and you've started alright. Keep polishing your resume and interview skills, and applying for better jobs. They're out there. All the best!

7 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by idu1(m): 4:57am On Apr 09, 2023
Kingray10:
Just change the job
apply for a better job.
Case closed

Tor!

Abi dem get law wey tye him permanently to the job?

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Schrodinger2(m): 5:17am On Apr 09, 2023
1Sharon:
You might just set a new precedent.

Then again you might need more time to adapt 5-10yrs

Then again i feel America is the best place for japarains. Semi skilled workers like hairdressers, truck drivers make alot of money.

This is too generic and might be misleading for those that want to come through studies like the Op. You can't do all those Jobs you mentioned here in US. We're only allowed campus jobs of 20 hours max.
Canada gives you more time to work while studying than US.

Seagodess:
You are very very mad sorry to say that.. And you sound very lazy.. sorry to Say that too. My neighbor left Nigeria to u.k February with her children.. she's doing care givers and last time we spoke.. she just complained about the hours she has to work but she said... my sister.. money dey Here if you no lazy.. so oga you are lazy.. very very lazy.. pls come back to Nigeria nonsense.

I think you're being too hard on him as he might not be used to hustling hard while in 9ja. Again, until you come aboard and combine hard labour with studies, and be in the Op's shoes, you wouldn't understand his plight. However, I strongly condemn his thought of quitting to return home for this reason, no legitimate success comes cheap.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by idu1(m): 5:18am On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
You are very very mad sorry to say that.. And you sound very lazy.. sorry to Say that too. My neighbor left Nigeria to u.k February with her children.. she's doing care givers and last time we spoke.. she just complained about the hours she has to work but she said... my sister.. money dey Here if you no lazy.. so oga you are lazy.. very very lazy.. pls come back to Nigeria nonsense.

See, most of these guys are quiet comfortable in Nigeria that they have never had to do any odd job before. Them be ajebo. They only started doing it abroad.

40 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nezzjnr: 7:21am On Apr 09, 2023
When they say you should have at most 10m before leaving... You think they don't want you to Japa.

Now look at.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nezzjnr: 7:21am On Apr 09, 2023
Kingray10:
Just change the job
apply for a better job.
Case closed
Not easy
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by klawaaa: 7:27am On Apr 09, 2023
When the oops said they were even lucky to have gotten one while others are still unfortunate to have one yet. Lol
Kingray10:
Just change the job
apply for a better job.
Case closed

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Itsrm(m): 7:28am On Apr 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

Always check the registration date to know how long the moniker has been on Nairaland. Some of them (they've been caught) are people who have been repeatedly denied visa to foreign countries and are currently on the mission to dissuade, create cock and bull stories to paint the exodus in a bad light.

Or they've given people the impression they are doing well abroad with their original usernames and have to open alternate ones to post the reality hitting them.

For all we know, one of those new accounts can be ed.nut1 cheesy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gerrard59(m): 8:47am On Apr 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Or they've given people the impression they ate doing well abroad with their original usernames and have to open alternate ones to post the reality hitting them.

For all we know, one of those new accounts can be ed.nut1 cheesy

It is not Ednut1. Ed is a big boy who has always been one right from Lagos. If it is his account, I will discern it. After all, we know how what made us share emails for the first time.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Backpedal: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:

This is what happens when you cheat yourself during visa application and claimed that you have the money to see yourself through your studies.
You are right
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by olril17(m): 9:31am On Apr 09, 2023
ednut1:
In my opinion 70% of people using study route dont have the complete school fees or living expenses they claimed to have. Like justwise has pointed out too. You can return home. Abroad is not for everyone . I was with my friend recently and someone who just relocated to uk via study visa called him. To lend him 4k pounds that he doesn’t have money for accommodation in uk and hasn’t finished paying his fees. My friend was like what was the plan when you applied and travelled Its hard to pity people in these situations sha. If 9ja good too people may not be doing this.
My bro. You’re right sometimes it’s also greed and inferiority complex.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by sharpwriter(m): 9:34am On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
What about fruit picking jobs or rooster chasing cheesy grin Fruit picking should be better sha wink

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by oluayebenz: 9:44am On Apr 09, 2023
Only very few people will understand this OP situation.

But in whatever you do OP, don't let workload, stress affect your studies..... E get why

9 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Itsrm(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

It is not Ednut1. Ed is a big boy who has always been one right from Lagos. If it is his account, I will discern it. After all, we know how what made us share emails for the first time.

I'm not saying it's Ed. I'm saying you cannot dismiss someone's account of his experience outside the country simply because the username has just been registered.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by OperationalVehi: 10:16am On Apr 09, 2023
oyibofucker:
The first few years are hard to adapt. Give yourself more than time.

Op listen to this poster.
When you change environment, it can take you a while to get the economic and social rhythm right

10 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Originalsly: 10:19am On Apr 09, 2023
No doubt. ... OP be aje butter!!... not used to much physical activities ... not even sports .... and suddenly... all his sleeping muscles have to be working in top gear ... why wouod they not pain him? Even if one is used to hard work in Nigeria ... it will not be easy for him to manage hard work in the US/Canada. The difference is working continuously until you get the set 10 or 15 minute break ... then back at it again ... continuously. ... especially for hourly paid workers. Others can learn from this thread .... this situation is verrrry common .... harder for those who arrived with different expectations.... unprepared. He will endure ... like most... or will cop out. Him thinking about asking for refund are me laugh! He need to manage that job until he finds a better one. Despite all he complained about the job ... it was nice for him to say he was lucky ... he is working and after months his friends are still trying to find jobs. After all .... all you need to do is go prepared to work hard.... do two or even three jobs ... one to take care of the bills and the other to manage yourself and save.

OP winter is the worse for everything... Spring is here ... summer soon ... all conditions will get better.

15 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by drhammed: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2023
So sorry about that. There's a saying that "if you stick to it long enough, it will click". This too shall pass.

Btw, which city/province are you in? I may suggest one or two companies you can explore and try getting a remote job with them- hopefully that helps.
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Omoawoke: 11:26am On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:

Easy to say.

It is not always easy for first timers especially the first few months of trying to adjust. It is not about laziness at all.
Do you know what it is leaving a place where you have your family, friends and you are used to the way of life and weather.
Then relocating to a new place without family, finding new friends, trying to adjust to weather and food and new culture. That alone is enough to weaken you. Not to talk of the rigorous school work and all. But op need to persevere and be consistent, he has more opportunities in Canada to breakthrough.
Before you insult the OP, there are people that quietly went back to Nigeria due to circumstances like this. The psychological challenge of adjusting alone made some people give up.
You as a lady, if you relocate single , I can bet you will be crying everyday on your bed. All those attention you use to get in Nigeria, with people toasting you everyday or taking you out. You will not even see one soul talk to you for months. You are all alone to yourself

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ednut1(m): 11:39am On Apr 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

guy abeg no dey reply all these kind things. Make dem talk wetin dey wan talk 😂.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2023
Omoawoke:

Easy to say.

It is not always easy for first timers especially the first few months of trying to adjust. It is not about laziness at all.
Do you know what it is leaving a place where you have your family, friends and you are used to the way of life and weather.
Then relocating to a new place without family, finding new friends, trying to adjust to weather and food and new culture. That alone is enough to weaken you. Not to talk of the rigorous school work and all. But op need to persevere and be consistent, he has more opportunities in Canada to breakthrough.
Before you insult the OP, there are people that quietly went back to Nigeria due to circumstances like this. The psychological challenge of adjusting alone made some people give up.
You as a lady, if you relocate single , I can bet you will be crying everyday on your bed. All those attention you use to get in Nigeria, with people toasting you everyday or taking you out. You will not even see one soul talk to you for months. You are all alone to yourself
you are a very weak human sorry.. so u can't stay without your close ones..nawa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Omoawoke: 11:59am On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
you are a very weak human sorry.. so u can't stay without your close ones..nawa o

Before you type, try to read and comprehend first.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Kenn55: 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
You don't have money to take care of yourself in Canada like you claimed in your visa application, you don't have the strength to work and make money to survive. Wetin u want make we do naa?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by BigDawsNet: 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

Yea, it's a good option... and I can tell you no place like home...

But I believe dere is a reason you left in the same place... even tho you are doing great in naija...
When you return back home.. in some space of months... you may start having the thought "why you return "

So I guess... you should manage and struggle your way out... in the meantime, if you can find a citizen to get marry to... atleast... getting a greencard or pr can help you settle better and probably get a high paying job....

Just keep praying and I believe God will not let you down

7 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
You need time, give yourself the time for the sake of your future generation
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Elvis2kay: 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot / Lady Bows Down After Returning From Libya With Other Stranded Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.