Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66114 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Happygirl5: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2023
Hello

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and will be traveling to Calgary at 35 weeks. I’ve already secured a visitors visa and accommodation.
I plan on delivering my baby in Calgary would like some help please.

Can anyone please suggest a good cheap GP or OB/GYNAE in Calgary area? I will be living specifically in the SE area.

I’ve read almost all the posts on the other thread but most of the info has been posted 5years for Calgary. There’s a new system there that has been established for birth tourists. Any idea please?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ednut1(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
Happygirl5:
Hello

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and will be traveling to Calgary at 35 weeks. I’ve already secured a visitors visa and accommodation.
I plan on delivering my baby in Calgary would like some help please.

Can anyone please suggest a good cheap GP or OB/GYNAE in Calgary area? I will be living specifically in the SE area.

I’ve read almost all the posts on the other thread but most of the info has been posted 5years for Calgary. There’s a new system there that has been established for birth tourists. Any idea please?
i have been seeing your posts and i was wondering why you chose Calgary. Do you have someone there. At this point in time you dont have a say in the location and price. This is already late timing, any GP accepting you now wont be cheap.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Happygirl5: 3:06am On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
i have been seeing your posts and i was wondering why you chose Calgary. Do you have someone there. At this point in time you dont have a say in the location and price. This is already late timing, any GP accepting you now wont be cheap.

Yes I have relatives there that are providing accommodation for me. That’s the reason I have to choose Calgary
Can you suggest any GP that you recommend in South East area? I’m really feeling hopeless now
Been calling a lot of maternity clinics but everyone keeps suggesting to call the tourism program who is demanding to pay 15k upfront. That cost doesn’t even include the hospital fees ☹️
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ednut1(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2023
Happygirl5:

Yes I have relatives there that are providing accommodation for me. That’s the reason I have to choose Calgary
Can you suggest any GP that you recommend in South East area? I’m really feeling hopeless now
Been calling a lot of maternity clinics but everyone keeps suggesting to call the tourism program who is demanding to pay 15k upfront. That cost doesn’t even include the hospital fees ☹️
you dont have a choice than to go for the tourism package be that. 30k to 40k things.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by dazzlingd(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
hodari:
I don't know what happened to the USA and other western countries. They've become total shytholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWmKh13b50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzLC48jZPrc

Some people are just lazy and don't want to work.
Any many of them are citizens with all the privilege. Drug addiction has finished them.
If these people get to work, they can earn enough to feed them and provide them basic shelter at the minimum

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by mamawa123: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2023
atutupoyoyo2211:
I never said i saved that. I said my target was to save 120k in 2 years. i couldn't make that target, but having that target helped me save.

Ok
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gajagojo: 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2023
Where to catch fun in downtown on a Friday
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by modskiller(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

You will regret coming back.

Stay there and work your ass off.

I doubt if you’re 50 years old, if so you can always work your ass off so you won’t regret making decisions that will put you in despicable and pitiable conditions.

People wey dey make am for that side no get two heads.

Stay and work, stop complaining and get to work..

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by VTJN(m): 10:07am On Apr 23, 2023
campbelljosh:
You dey cap bro. I was working monday to sunday in a company that run 3 shifts per day and i took a partime course in a polytechnic in Lagos and I live in Ogun state. I change shift during weekends so i can attend classes and would cover the people's shift who covered for me while in class. Sometimes, i do 24hrs at work without sleeping. Despite all these i never had a carry over till i finish my program. Better face your struggles in a country that has better amenities to cater for you unlike here in Nigeria
hmmm very few companies run 3 shift in Ogun state, Agbara precisely. Maybe Nestle, Gsk, P&G, Beloxxi. Bro can you help me with a job in your company?

Thanks.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2023
VTJN:
hmmm very few companies run 3 shift in Ogun state, Agbara precisely. Maybe Nestle, Gsk, P&G, Beloxxi. Bro can you help me with a job in your company?

Thanks.

Don't worry tinubu is coming. They will be so many good jobs for you grin grin
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by campbelljosh(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
De United foods, producer of INDOMIE noodles does. I quit salary work after school.
VTJN:

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by amitflymedia1: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
i don't think so it is an good decision but if you feels like to did it you must go . As we all went there for opportunities and study for higher level growth . My friend was there from last five years growing well as you all know there is a higher pay rate so he is using Taxi Sherwood park for his airport cabs to move . he is also thinking firstly to move from there as struggling days are so much hard there , but now he is doing well . so i suggest you must see the vision what you want to did in future .
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by DEBJOCH1(m): 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2023
VILLAGE PEOPLE AT WORK.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Munachimso30(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
Omoawoke:

Easy to say.

It is not always easy for first timers especially the first few months of trying to adjust. It is not about laziness at all.
Do you know what it is leaving a place where you have your family, friends and you are used to the way of life and weather.
Then relocating to a new place without family, finding new friends, trying to adjust to weather and food and new culture. That alone is enough to weaken you. Not to talk of the rigorous school work and all. But op need to persevere and be consistent, he has more opportunities in Canada to breakthrough.
Before you insult the OP, there are people that quietly went back to Nigeria due to circumstances like this. The psychological challenge of adjusting alone made some people give up.
You as a lady, if you relocate single , I can bet you will be crying everyday on your bed. All those attention you use to get in Nigeria, with people toasting you everyday or taking you out. You will not even see one soul talk to you for months. You are all alone to yourself

You hit the nail on the head abeg 😁
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by sylve11: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2023
justwise:
[b]

Stories like this is far too common now, people leaving Nigeria with little or no money to survive abroad, then we have threads like this people complaining that abroad is hard and Nigeria is better but they will never book the next available flight back to Nigeria and allow us to hear word

Lol grin grin cool
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by 9jaWarrior: 6:29pm On Apr 10
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.
Fake account. You just want to scare and discourage people from travelling I guess

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Lady Bows Down After Returning From Libya With Other Stranded Nigerians / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With / Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.