Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? (8556 Views)

Since Jesus Had No Seed, No Man Inherited His Righteousness / Man 'Resurrected' By Pastor Alph Lukau Arrested By Police / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
TenQ:

Simple Questions:
Historically were Christians persecuted and tortured for their faith?
What was their faith?
There was a note by an Roman governor about some Christians. He didn't go into details
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
SeriouslySense:
I know with high certainty, because there are evidences.

But some Christians don't even consider the evidences, therefore his answer, which is also a good answer

Jesus resurrected from the dead. I am very sure smiley smiley smiley

Again, I ask. Where are your evidence? I have asked this question like 4 times on this thread alone, yet no answer
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by TenQ: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

There was a note by an Roman governor about some Christians. He didn't go into details
Do you know anything about Josephus?
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2023
Inteltower:

close that your mouth

isnt sin evident all around us that emanates from man
so because exposed what sin is you have nothing meaningful but to be against them

your kind loves darkness more than light
Sin is the main problem of all men if you cant acknowledge that i dont have time for you
You're confusing sin with crime.
Is adultery a crime in many countries? No. Is it a sin? Yes.
Learn to think.
Oddly enough, both crimes and sins are more rampant in religious countries like Nigeria, compared to less religious ones like the UK
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
that's because you are likely very sure of yourself and no answer will convince you. You have not even made any attempt to learn of the evidences, yet you expect to find it at once on nairaland. So it looks like you just want to argue and convince yourself that your are right and that we are wrong.

So what need is there to even try to explain why he really resurrected

jaephoenix:

Again, I ask. Where are your evidence? I have asked this question like 4 times on this thread alone, yet no answer
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
Steep:
What is the evidence of Jesus resurrection?

First of all, it is an established fact of history that Jesus really exist, even the Jewish nation that hated Jesus and Christianity do not deny the fact.
Secondly, Did they kill Jesus? Yes even atheists scholars agree that Jesus was killed
But however, the bone of contention was his resurrection, the jews claim Jesus body was stolen to make it appear as if he really resurrected but however, the body could not have being stolen by Jesus disciples because his body was well guarded by the authorities.

The early Christians could not have passed through horric persecution rejection and death just to protect a lie, for what benefit?

People do something for one benefit or the order, for what benefit would the christians lie,? On the other hand the price they paid was so high that it defies all reasoning unless perhaps Jesus indeed was raised.
Christianity is not about worldly power, position, money or any other benefit, for what benefit?
Unless on that christ really rose hence their willingliness to die for the truth.
Which history books quoted Jesus?
Correction. The atheist scholars weren't sure Jesus lived. Go and recheck
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
smiley smiley I was right, you just want to argue.

jaephoenix:

Which history books quoted Jesus?
Correction. The atheist scholars weren't sure Jesus lived. Go and recheck
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
delkuf:
That same document is what is written in the bible.
Lol. Imagine Tinubu's case being carried by only one newspaper in Nigeria
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Gaskiya77:
The resurrection story in the Bible is real not factual.
How do u know

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
TenQ:

Do you know anything about Josephus?
His deposition has shown to be a fake. I have said it in different threads

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
You can wait, until after the rapture, on that day, i pray God have mercy on me and take me up, to meet Jesus in the Sky, but after that, you will have to save yourself by your works also.

You do not need to concern yourself, if its true on not, until that day, my dear friend, then you may believe or believe in what the world tells you, that aliens took people away. But i want to let you know in advance, before that day, that it was the Lord and our God, that took us away. smiley smiley

jaephoenix:

How do u know
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
SeriouslySense:
that's because you are likely very sure of yourself and no answer will convince you. You have not even made any attempt to learn of the evidences, yet you expect to find it at once on nairaland. So it looks like you just want to argue and convince yourself that your are right and that we are wrong.

So what need is there to even try to explain why he really resurrected

Of course its only a deluded christian that would say this. So where do I look for the answer? In a bible that is not historically and scientifically backed, and is filled with contradictions?

1 Like

SeriouslySense:
smiley smiley I was right, you just want to argue.

Ok. No problem
SeriouslySense:
You can wait, until after the rapture, on that day, i pray God have mercy on me and take me up, to meet Jesus in the Sky, but after that, you will have to save yourself by your works also.

You do not need to concern yourself, if its true on not, until that day, my dear friend, then you may believe or believe in what the world tells you, that aliens took people away. But i want to let you know in advance, before that day, that it was the Lord and our God, that took us away. smiley smiley

Ok. No problem
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
You can only find it, through God, not by your wisdom alone. And if you are genuine, then you will find it, if you seek you will find.

But my friend there is no problem if you think it is not true. Because you have decided so.

So relax, breathe in and out.

If you really want to know, then let your heart be genuine and ask God in prayer, to show you who he is.

You have heard, please do not forget, what i told you, incase you were here after we left.

Salvation is free, i got it for free, and the same God, who gives freely, can give you freely.

Everything is in his hands, and i am only a speck of dust.

jaephoenix:

Of course its only a deluded christian that would say this. So where do I look for the answer? In a bible that is not historically and scientifically backed, and is filled with contradictions?
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by delkuf(m): 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. Imagine Tinubu's case being carried by only one newspaper in Nigeria
is the bible written by one source. It is a combination of different sources that make up the bible. If you believe that tinubu won the 2023 election 1000 years from now, why won't you believe that the died and resurrected through the source of the bible
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Inteltower: 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
sonmvayina:

What is sin?

sin is an intention/act committed contrary to the will God; the way he made things to work/respond
the life you are living was never yours to begin with
everything you see in life follows a chain of unseen laws, you and i cannot deny that
so when something/someone goes against certain moral laws of functioning as a human being it is called sin
when an order is displaced you get disorder until that order is restored back

sin is a behaviour, it is spirit
get understanding
for these words are deep and not plain
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by JOemmy(m): 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

Its all an elaborate scam. There's no demons, and of course, no powers

Believe what u want but it still doesn't change the truth that Jesus and God do exist you didn't create urself or even know how u came into this world if you can explain to me how u arrive on this planet from ur mother's womb I will gladly accept what u are saying as the truth.
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by TenQ: 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

His deposition has shown to be a fake. I have said it in different threads
Then, there is nothing more to say !

Christian books are unreliable!
Non-christian books are fake!

But Socrates isn't, right!?

Have a good night rest
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by sonmvayina(m): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Inteltower:

sin is an intention/act committed contrary to the will God; the way he made things to work/respond
the life you are living was never yours to begin with
everything you see in life follows a chain of unseen laws, you and i cannot deny that
so when something/someone goes against certain moral laws of functioning as a human being it is called sin
when an order is displaced you get disorder until that order is restored back

sin is a behaviour, it is spirit
get understanding
for these words are deep and not plain

How does all these make any sense to you?
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by sonmvayina(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
TenQ:

Then you still have a lot to learn!
Cheers!!

Lol....

You just don't want to believe you have wasted your whole life believing a lie...

Be clutching on straws..
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by sonmvayina(m): 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
lendahand:
point is light is superior and that's why men do lightings after building their houses because they can't afford to stay in darkness. Most cities in civilized countries worldwide are lighted up 24/7 and you can hardly tell when the night creeps up. You can never snuff out light by any amount of darkness but darkness gets snuffed out with just the emanation of light no matter the size.

We all need light and not darkness...

Hmm..

It is God who created both because we need them to survive. Without darkness you can't survive beyond 72 hours.

Light and darkness are not opposing forces

They are complimentary....
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by sonmvayina(m): 6:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
Whether jesus lived or not should not concern us.
We where living in Africa, in our communities and developing at our own pace before they came to interrupt our history with their slavery.....

Then they gave us thier religion so that we will forgive them for the evil they commited against our ancestors...

Instead of our people to wake up and understand what is going on, they are busy enslaving their people with the same bull shit...

They left their heritage and roots, they even went ahead to demonize it...and they hope to make progress or have peace...

In which planet does that happen?

If there was any power in jesus or in the name the white slave master will never share it with the slaves...

They only did that to have free access to our land and resources. While we look up waiting for a dirty Jewish man to come and rapture us , they are busy stealing our resources and building their heaven..

Black man wake up...

Enough said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by titusmichael27(m): 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
There are a lot of evidence to show for his resurrection. You need to first all have the desire to know it, open your mind and don't be sentimental about it, erase all the negative thought you've heard about him and don't be doubtful. Here is the scripture to help you.
James 1:5-8 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
I've seen the lord on the cross before, it was a vision while in Lagos state. I cried for quite some hours about it. I felt His love for man kind and there is no word on earth to describe such love. He was a king ( not quite the perfect name for it though) before the incident, He left His throne to the earth because of unconditional love. Just humble yourself and ask him to show you, he will , this I promise you.
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by omojeesu(m): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

Fairy tales

Ok!
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by omojeesu(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
sonmvayina:

Where are the old testament prophesies?

"RESURRECTION OF THE MESSIAH IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
While there is a generally agreed-upon theology of resurrection in the Old Testament (cf. Job 19:25–27; Ps 49:15; 73:23–28; Isa 25:8; 26:19; Ezek 37:1–14; Hos 13:14; Dan 12:1–4 etc.), connections between Psalm 16:10 and Psalm 22, and Isaiah 53:10–11 and Daniel 12:2–3 reveal that the Messiah, in particular, would be raised from the dead."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.tms.edu/resurrection-according-to-scriptures%3fhs_amp=true
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
abimic:

What evidence do yea seeketh for, when thou can visit where the wisdom is and feed your curiousity.
Please leave the rigmarole. Where is the non biblical evidence of Jesus?
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 11:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
SeriouslySense:
You can only find it, through God, not by your wisdom alone. And if you are genuine, then you will find it, if you seek you will find.

But my friend there is no problem if you think it is not true. Because you have decided so.

So relax, breathe in and out.

If you really want to know, then let your heart be genuine and ask God in prayer, to show you who he is.

You have heard, please do not forget, what i told you, incase you were here after we left.

Salvation is free, i got it for free, and the same God, who gives freely, can give you freely.

Everything is in his hands, and i am only a speck of dust.

Do I need salvation before knowing Galileo, Gandhi, Hitler etc existed? No! So why do I need salvation when it comes to the knowledge about Jesus? Also did it occur to you that the lives of those historical figures I named weren't found in only one source, but in many sources and it is common knowledge?
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 11:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
delkuf:
is the bible written by one source. It is a combination of different sources that make up the bible. If you believe that tinubu won the 2023 election 1000 years from now, why won't you believe that the died and resurrected through the source of the bible
The bible is one book, whether one or a million sources

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 11:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
JOemmy:

Believe what u want but it still doesn't change the truth that Jesus and God do exist you didn't create urself or even know how u came into this world if you can explain to me how u arrive on this planet from ur mother's womb I will gladly accept what u are saying as the truth.
My pops slept with my moms, ejaculated and boom, sperm met egg, Jaephoenix was made. You should have paid attention in biology class, instead of fasting and praying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 11:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
TenQ:

Then, there is nothing more to say !

Christian books are unreliable!
Non-christian books are fake!

But Socrates isn't, right!?

Have a good night rest
A little research on the works of Josephus would have straightened you, but you preferred the easy way out, which was dodging. Good night too

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by jaephoenix(m): 11:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
titusmichael27:
There are a lot of evidence to show for his resurrection. You need to first all have the desire to know it, open your mind and don't be sentimental about it, erase all the negative thought you've heard about him and don't be doubtful. Here is the scripture to help you.
James 1:5-8 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
I've seen the lord on the cross before, it was a vision while in Lagos state. I cried for quite some hours about it. I felt His love for man kind and there is no word on earth to describe such love. He was a king ( not quite the perfect name for it though) before the incident, He left His throne to the earth because of unconditional love. Just humble yourself and ask him to show you, he will , this I promise you.
Was it Kush, Colorado or Arizone you were using?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You / How The Enemy Makes You Reject The Finished Work Of Jesus Christ On The Cross / The Plain Concept Of Eledumare And Orisas With The Reality Behind Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.