Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,751 members, 7,831,406 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? (13666 Views)

Pray For My Death If I Am Guilty of Demonic Consultation - Pastor Adeboye / Prayers Work / Reason Why Some People Prayers Are Not Easily Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 10:44am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
So, if Jesus Christ is God then what you are insinuating is that He as God lied when He said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous? undecided

THE ONLY ONE THAT LOVE A PERSON, MORE THAN THEY LOVE THEMSELVES IS GOD.

GOD LOVES HIMSELF SO, HE MADE MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGINE.

NOW, THAT WE HAVE ESTABLISHED THE LOVE OF GOD.

WE WILL MOVE TO CHRIST JESUS, WHO IS A REPRESENTATION OF GOD LOVE FOR HIMSELF AND MAN.

THE BIBLE SAID; John 3:16 ►

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD COMING TO DWELL IN THE FLESH AND BE A LIVING EXAMPLE FOR MAN.

FOR ALL THOSE, WHO WILL USE THEIR FLESH AS EXCUSE TO JUSTIFY THEIR SIN. HE MADE HIMSELF MAN, WALK AND LIVE AMONGST MAN AS AN EXAMPLE OF HIS WORD.

HE DIED ON THE CROSS, AS A PRICE FOR THE SIN OF THE WORLD, BECAUSE EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE, INCLUDING SIN.

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

DEATH COULD NOT HOLD HIM, BECAUSE HE WAS WITHOUT SIN, HENCE THE RESURRECTION ON THE THIRD DAY.

HE ASCENEDED INTO HEAVEN AND IS SITTED AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.

WE AS MAN CANNOT STAND BEFORE GOD BECAUSE OF SIN BUT WE CAN GO THROUGH CHRIST JESUS, PROVIDED, WE SEEK FORGIVENESS IN TRUTH.

JESUS CHRIST OFFERS US GRACE.

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
■ THE ONLY ONE THAT LOVE A PERSON, MORE THAN THEY LOVE THEMSELVES IS GOD. GOD LOVES HIMSELF SO, HE MADE MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGINE. NOW, THAT WE HAVE ESTABLISHED THE LOVE OF GOD. WE WILL MOVE TO CHRIST JESUS, WHO IS A REPRESENTATION OF GOD LOVE FOR HIMSELF AND MAN...
Can we please not drag this where it shouldn't even go. The same God you are told loves only those who submit to and obey His Law - John 15 vs 9 - 11. God does not love everybody. So, let's stop trying to make God seem a fool on this. undecided

Again, God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous-- He only answers the prayers of the righteous. Jesus Christ affirmed this throughout His Gospels. So, are you saying God lied? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Can we please not drag this where it shouldn't even go. The same God you are told loves only those who submit to and obey His Law - John 15 vs 9 - 11. God does not love everybody. So, let's stop trying to make God seem a fool on this. undecided

Again, God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous-- He only answers the prayers of the righteous. Jesus Christ affirmed this throughout His Gospels. So, are you saying God lied? undecided

IF GOD DOES NOT LOVE EVERYBODY, WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?

YOU THINK GOD IS LIKE YOU, SINFUL, WICKED AND EVIL?

THE BIBLE MAKES IT CLEAR, NO MAN IS RIGHTEOUS

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by seanwilliam(m): 10:52am On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
You are simply showcasing your willful ignorance.
Lol. E be like say you get time to waste .. kobojunkie of all people?

grin You no fit win am, e no go ever gree grin
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
■ IF GOD DOES NOT LOVE EVERYBODY, WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE? YOU THINK GOD IS LIKE YOU,SINFUL, WICKED AND EVIL?
1. Are you insinuating that Jesus Christ lied in John 15 vs 9 - 11? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Eniitankorede: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2023
fidelmarshal199:

I really like people that ask critical questions like this, I've also asked this question myself but I've not gotten a convincing answer. Hopefully someone knowledgeable enough will do justice to the questions unlike these ones throwing tantrum above

It is well established in Islam that prayers for the dead do help them in their grave. I don’t know about christianity.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by babz11(m): 10:54am On Apr 16, 2023
Prayers on behalf of the dead have no meaning, for nothing can be changed by them. God's Word shows that the dead no longer have any physical or mental activity (Psalm 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10). Each person who dies sleeps in his grave in unconsciousness until the resurrection (John 5:28-29; Daniel 12:2; Job 19:25-26; 14:12-14; John 3:13; Acts 2:29, 34). Clearly, prayers should be for the living while there is still hope of repentance, not for the dead, who can do nothing.

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Are you insinuating that Jesus Christ lied in John 15 vs 9 - 11? undecided

John 15:9-11

9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2023
No No never
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2023
I DONT HAVE TIME TO WASTE ON MUSLIMS.

THOSE THAT ARE BORN MUSLIM AND GOOD, ARE LIVING THE FAITH, BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT IS DARKNESS.

MUHAMMAD REMAINS THE ONLY SO CALLED PROPHET TO MARRY 6 YEAR OLD BABY.

IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH TO SIGNAL YOU SOMETHING IS WONG, THEN NOTHING CAN.

KOBOJUNKIEE, HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY. BYE
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 10:58am On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
I DONT HAVE TIME TO WASTE ON MUSLIMS. THOSE THAT ARE MUSLIM AND GOOD, ARE LIVING THE FAITH, BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT IS DARKNESS. MUHAMMAD REMAINS THE ONLY PROPHET TO MARRY 6 YEAR OLD BABY. IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH TO SIGNAL YOU SOMETHING IS WONG, THEN NOHING CAN. KOBOJUNKIEE, HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY. BYE
You posted the very passage what Jesus Christ says which clearly shows that God's love is stored only for those who obey His commands, yet you still believe it is a lie?. undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 10:59am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
You posted the very passage what Jesus Christ says which clearly shows that God's love is stored only for those who obey His commands, yet you still believe it is a lie?. undecided

STOP WASTING MY TIME AND WASTING YOUR TIME.

YOU CANNOT TWIST THE WORD OF GOD, EVEN IF YOU TRY.

THAT IS WHY I POSTED IT, SO ALL CAN READ AND SEE YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE.

GOOD DAY!
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Jerryhare: 11:01am On Apr 16, 2023
People's prayer can't work for you, Bible says after death, it is judgement and not repentance
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 11:01am On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
■ STOP WASTING MY TIME AND WASTING YOUR TIME. YOU CANNOT TWIST THE WORD OF GOD, EVEN IF YOU TRY.
THAT IS WHY I POSTED IT SO ALL CAN READ AND SEE YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE. GOOD DAY!
1. So even though you posted the verse yourself, I am responsible for twisting it to state As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by GeeM: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2023
that's the answer
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Peacecore: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. According to God, He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous because their requests are made filthy and an abomination by their sins. This means that God does not answer prayers said by sinners and the unrighteous — not even their many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are heard and answered by Him. God only answers all — not some —of the prayers of the righteous. The righteous refers to individuals who through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments—not to be confused with doctrines and traditions of the churches of men — have proved themselves worthy to God Himself. undecided

So, if God does not already answer any of your many petitions for the living, why would you worry about whether He responds to your petitions said for the dead? undecided
I disagree, God answers sinners' prayers as well. Moses erred by marrying from the gentile nation but God was still listening to him
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2023
Jerryhare:
People's prayer can't work for you, Bible says after death, it is judgement and not repentance

EXACTLY!

JUST LIKE, NOBODY CAN STAND FOR YOU IN JUDGEMENT, SO TOO THEIR PRAYERS CANNOT WORK AFTER DEATH.

YOUR SALVATION IS IN YOUR HANDS AND NOBODY ELSE.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Akpacha(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2023
No!
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by riverbird: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2023
I feel it's useless because the person you praying for is no more.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2023
Peacecore:
I disagree, God answers sinners' prayers as well. Moses erred by marrying from the gentile nation but God was still listening to him
How in the world did Moses err by marrying from a "gentile" nation when God never gave Moses a command not to marry from a "gentile" nation? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:06am On Apr 16, 2023
riverbird:
I feel it's useless because the person you praying for is no more.

ANY PRAYER FOR THE DEAD IS JUST AN ACT OF WORSHIP TO GOD.

IT CANNOT SAVE THAT PERSON FROM JUDGEMENT.

UNLESS, IT IS A PRAYER FOR RESSURRECTION, IN WHICH CASE A SECOND CHANCE.

ONLY JESUS CAN DECIDE IF THEY SHOULD GET A SECOND CHANCE AND IF IT IS WORTH IT.

NO PUT YOURSELF FOR THAT POSITION.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:12am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
How in the world did Moses err by marrying from a "gentile" nation when God never gave Moses a command not to marry from a "gentile" nation? undecided

THE PROBLEM WITH ISLAM IS MANY.

ONE MINUTE MOHAMMAD IS NOT SURE IF HE IS GETTING PROPHECY FROM ANGEL OR DEMON.

THE SECOND IS PRAYING FACING THE BLACK BOX IN MECCA, WITH 3 PILLARS INSIDE. (IDOL WORSHIP)

THE THIRD IS USING WAR, RAPE AND DEATH TO GAIN CONVERT.

THEN KILLING CHRISTIANS AND JEWS, USING THEIR WOMEN AS SEX SLAVES.

TILL THIS DAY IN NIGERIA FULANI HERDSMEN, BOKO HARAM AND ISWAP, ARE STILL FOLLOWING THE SAME SCRIPT.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2023
Nusooo:
All religion is based on BELIEVE, absolute believe, you will be treated as you believe, that's the way of spirit.
If you have belief, no doubt at all in you that, it work, then it will work,
Either you are Christian, Muslim or other Believer, anything you believe in, is correct, no need to condemn others, and don't use your beliefs to disturb others, is between you and your God.
There are many things we don't understand in about spirit and if we continue to ask, no one can convince you of the answer but only you. Because our brain only recognizes what we can see or hear by ourselves, and ways of spirit don't work in that way, just believe
I agree with this.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Originalsly: 11:15am On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:

Do people's prayers really avail after death?

Why would you ask such a question to people who are still alive? ... all you would get is lots of opinions. Is there a cemetery close to you?? ... if yes ... you know what to do.... you will get the facts tonight.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:15am On Apr 16, 2023
Nusooo:
All religion is based on BELIEVE, absolute believe, you will be treated as you believe, that's the way of spirit.
If you have belief, no doubt at all in you that, it work, then it will work,
Either you are Christian, Muslim or other Believer, anything you believe in, is correct, no need to condemn others, and don't use your beliefs to disturb others, is between you and your God.
There are many things we don't understand in about spirit and if we continue to ask, no one can convince you of the answer but only you. Because our brain only recognizes what we can see or hear by ourselves, and ways of spirit don't work in that way, just believe
Ladyhippolyta88:

I agree with this.

BUT ISLAM IS NOT BASED ON BELIEVE OR FAITH.

IT IS BASED ON FORCE, CONQUEST, DEATH AND RAPE.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 11:17am On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
■ THE PROBLEM WITH ISLAM IS MANY. ONE MINUTE MOHAMMAD IS NOT SURE IF HE IS GETTING PROPHECY FROM ANGEL OR DEMON. THE SECOND IS PRAYING FACING THE BLACK BOX IN MECCA, WITH 3 PILLARS INSIDE. (IDOL WORSHIP) THE THIRD IS USING WAR, RAPE AND DEATH TO GAIN CONVERT. THEN KILLING CHRISTIANS AND JEWS, USING THEIR WOMEN AS SEX SLAVES. TILL THIS DAY IN NIGERIA FULANI HERDSMEN, BOKO HARAMA AND ISWAP, ARE STILL FOLLOWING THE SAME SCRIPT.
1. So even though you posted the verse yourself, I am responsible for twisting it to state As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:18am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:

CAN YOU READ?

OR YOU STILL DEVELOPING COMPREHENSION?

READ IT AND TELL ME WHERE YOUR ADDITION WAS CLEARLY OR EXPLICITLY STATED? OLODO!
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2023
FROM TIME TO TIME, MUSLIMS WILL KIDNAP CHILDREN, ESPECIALLY THE GIRL CHILD FROM OTHER RELIGION OR TRIBE AS CONQUEST.

ANY GIRL THAT IS MISSING, SHOULD BE TRACED TO KANO, THAT IS THE TRANSIT POINT TO ARABIA FOR THEIR WAR AND CONQUEST BOOTY.

WE SAW IT WITH ESE ORURU AND MANY OTHER GIRLS, INCLUDING CHIBOK GIRLS.

ISLAM IS EVIL.

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 11:21am On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
■ CAN YOU READ? OR YOU STILL DEVELOPING COMPREHENSION?
READ IT AND TELL ME WHERE YOUR ADDITION WAS CLEARLY STATE? OLODO!
1. The text is the same exact one you indicated yourself earlier. I simply copy and pasted it back to you. Why are you afraid to answer? undecided

Again, so even though you posted the verse yourself, I am responsible for twisting it to state As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.? undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:23am On Apr 16, 2023
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deeper Life Pastor Abakporo Nabbed By FBI For Conning An Elderly Woman / If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.