Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? (13661 Views)

Pray For My Death If I Am Guilty of Demonic Consultation - Pastor Adeboye / Prayers Work / Reason Why Some People Prayers Are Not Easily Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:24am On Apr 16, 2023
SOMEBODY THAT DONT KNOW THE DIFFERNCE BETWEEN MALE AND FEMALE OR BELIEVE GOD EXIST IS NOW TRANSLATING SCRIPTURE AND GIVING NEW MEANING TO WHAT WAS CLEARLY WRITEN.

INTERPRETER?
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. The text is the same exact one you indicated yourself earlier. I simply copy and pasted it back to you. Why are you afraid to answer? undecided

Again, so even though you posted the verse yourself, I am responsible for twisting it to state As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.? undecided

BELOW IS YOUR CLAIM, SO POINT ME TO WHERE THIS IS STATED IN THE BIBLE VERSE YOU POSTED, EXPLICITLY?

Again, God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous-- He only answers the prayers of the righteous. Jesus Christ affirmed this throughout His Gospels. So, are you saying God lied?
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 11:30am On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
■ BELOW IS YOUR CLAIM, SO POINT ME TO WHERE THIS IS STATED IN THE BIBLE VERSE YOU POSTED, EXPLICITLY?
1. Let's go with what is written in John 9 vs 31 & Isaiah 59 vs 2 & Proverbs 28 vs 9 & Proverbs 15 vs 29. undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Let's go with what is written in John 9 vs 31 & Isaiah 59 vs 2 & Proverbs 28 vs 9 & Proverbs 15 vs 29. undecided

2 Corinthians 13:14 ►

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

PEACE OF THE LORD!

BYE!
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Osanoghodua1: 11:37am On Apr 16, 2023
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: The above scripture seals it. After death is judgement for there's no repentance in the grave. All prayers been offered for the dead is useless and a fat waste of precious time. Our prayers are needed in this life, after death, fate has been forever sealed. It doesn't matter who organize prayers for the dead, it's just a religious fallacy and jingle to console the bereaved. To God it's useless, only God determines who rest in peace. Only the righteous will rest in peace.

The rich man went to hell but Lazarus went to paradise, I hope you know the families of the rich man must have offered countless prayers for the rich man? It was an exercise in futility. Friend, instead of praying for the dead, pls pray for the living and your generation you may not see in your lifetime. Prayers can work as far as 500yrs. Intersession prayers, as powerful as it's, it can't work for the dead.

Happy Sunday
Give your life to Jesus and become free today.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by YourNextLevel(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2023
Capital NO

Repent now before is late
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by bukatyne(f): 11:44am On Apr 16, 2023
No
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Iluvmycontr3: 11:44am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. It is an even better idea to visit reality often as regards many of the rituals we engage in so we do not continue to wallow in the muddy pool of ignorance for longer than is necessary. grin

Seconded..
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:48am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:

IF YOU MUST POST BIBLE VERSE, COPY AND PASTE THEM, SO ALL CAN READ.

2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

Isaiah 59:2

[31] Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

John.9

[9] He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. [10] Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession.

Prov.28 -

Proverbs 15:29 NLT
“The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayers of the righteous.”

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Gooding55(m): 11:49am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. According to God, He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous because their requests are made filthy and an abomination by their sins. This means that God does not answer prayers said by sinners and the unrighteous — not even their many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are heard and answered by Him. God only answers all — not some —of the prayers of the righteous. The righteous refers to individuals who through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments—not to be confused with doctrines and traditions of the churches of men — have proved themselves worthy to God Himself. undecided

So, if God does not already answer any of your many petitions for the living, why would you worry about whether He responds to your petitions said for the dead? undecided

Thank you dear brother for raising your concern about this. Let's consider this 1 John 1:9. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Prayer is the only way to communicate with God, that means we confess our sins to God in prayers. Remember the story of David, he committed so many abominable acts but immediately he realized, he returned to God in prayers and with genuine repentance and God always forgive him. Despite murder and adultery recorded against him, God ended up saying "I have found a man after my own heart" his sins have never stood against God hearing his prayers, but God was impressed how he always returned to him in prayers to confess his sins and ask for forgiveness. God also blessed his generation, he sent Jesus Christ through David's lineage. Now, during the days of David, sacrifices are required along with prayers but God has made it easier for us today, all we need to do is 'confess our sins', this symbol appeared when Christ was crucified and the curtain of the temple tore into two, symbolizing free access to God in prayers not through Princes and Sacrifices. Now, when you sin, your sins will not stop God from hearing your prayers of confession but God awaits a sinner in earnest to repent. When you want to pray to God, ideally as in 'The Lord's prayer' four stages are involved, these are praises to God, then giving thanks to God, followed by genuine confession of sins and seeking forgiveness and finally your request.

Finally, with regards to whether God hears prayers offered to the dead or not, I will refer you to the story of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man pleaded with God to send Lazarus to his family to inform them about the reality of the torment sinners experience after dead, God did not allow that, in other words, he didn't allow third party. When a sinner dies, he/she faces judgement. The only account reported in the bible is when Christ died, he extended the salvation to people who died in sin and their soul are been kept in Hades, Hades is a place where sinners go to before judgement day, after which they will be casted into the lake of fire. Christ went to Hades and preached to them there. Hades means grave literally but it's actually a place that simulates grave, very dark and hot Just as grave is.

Sorry for writing this long note but I hope you find answers to your question in it.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:52am On Apr 16, 2023
Romans 3:20

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Kobojunkiee:

WHAT YOU HIGHLIGHT IS THE CONCERN OF GOD, AND THE REASON FOR THE COMING OF CHRIST JESUS.

BECAUSE IN THE EYE OF GOD, ALL HAVE SIN AND FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.

Romans 3:23-24

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

John 14:6 ►

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by spencekat(m): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2023
No.
Prayers are for the living.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by MN07: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. According to God, He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous because their requests are made filthy and an abomination by their sins. This means that God does not answer prayers said by sinners and the unrighteous — not even their many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are heard and answered by Him. God only answers all — not some —of the prayers of the righteous. The righteous refers to individuals who through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments—not to be confused with doctrines and traditions of the churches of men — have proved themselves worthy to God Himself. undecided

So, if God does not already answer any of your many petitions for the living, why would you worry about whether He responds to your petitions said for the dead? undecided

According to God?

Where did you meet him to get this information? sad
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2023
Originalsly:

Why would you ask such a question to people who are still alive? ... all you would get is lots of opinions. Is there a cemetery close to you?? ... if yes ... you know what to do.... you will get the facts tonight.
Even the dead can't be reached to answer this all important question. Only the Bible has the answer.
Prayer for the dead, though well intended by the ignorant and misled, avails nothing. It is merely an exercise in futility.

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 11:58am On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Even the dead can't be reached to answer this all important question. Only the Bible has the answer.
Prayer for the dead, though well intended by the ignorant and misled, avails nothing. It is merely an exercise in futility.

grin grin grin grin

NA CONSOLMENT FOR THEIR LOVED ONE, STILL LIVING.

UNLESS THE PREACHER ONE PERFORM RESSURECTION THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.

IN WHICH CASE, GOOD LUCK TO THEM. cool
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by WelcomeToBiafra: 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2023
Good question @Op.

Everybody on earth being imaging what they don't know how it looks like, hence, critical thinkers, imaginations and theories from different theorists came out published, sent to public thinking brains, some accepted it became affiliates to publication, today African students are forcing themselves to studying another people theories and imaginations both in Qur'an & Bibles.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2023
WelcomeToBiafra:
Good question @Op.

Everybody on earth being imaging what they don't know how it looks like, hence, critical thinkers, imaginations and theories from different theorists came out published, sent to public thinking brains, some accepted it became affiliates to publication, today African students are forcing themselves to studying another people theories and imaginations both in Qur'an & Bibles.

THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD AND LIGHT.

DONT BE IGNORANT.

THE QURAN ON THE OTHER HAND IS THE WORD OF SATAN AND DARKNESS.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 12:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
CHRISTIANS SHOULD NOT BE AFRIAD TO DECLARE THE DARKNESS IN ISLAM.

IMAGINE THESE MUSLIMS TRYING VERY HARD TO DISPROVE THE GOSPEL BUT STRUGGLING TO FIND EVIDENCE TO DO SO.

YET, THE SAME MUSLIM, DONT WANT ANYBODY TO TRY SAME WITH THEIR RELIGION.

THAT IS BECAUSE THEY KNOW ISLAM IS FULL OF LIES AND DECEPTION. THEY EVEN HAVE A WORD FOR IT, TAKIA.

I DONT WASTE TIME, IN LETTING THEM KNOW, THEY ARE FOLLOWERS OF A PAEDOPHILE.(MOHAMMAD)

THAT IS THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM, NOBODY DARE SAY. IT IS LIKE A FATHER MOLESTING HIS DAUGHTER AND ALL THE FAMILY MEMBERS TURN THE OTHER WAY AND NOBODY DARE SAY, BECAUSE IT IS TOO SHAMEFUL TO ALL.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

When did this happen?
The Bible talks of a time when all those in the memorial tombs will hear Christ's voice and come out! John 5:28-29; Revelations 20:13
So if all those people are now in heaven then who will be resurrected?
It will happen in future.
Those n heaven right now will come back and take their bodies anywhere they are buried or scattered for glorious resurrection during the Rapture of the saints (1st Corinthians 15:50-55; 1st Thessalonians 3:15-17).
Immediately Paul died just like other departed saints, he went to be with Christ in heaven (Philippians 1:23). Also, the repentant thief on the cross went to be with Christ in Paradise (heaven) immediately he died (Luke 23:43).
Thank you.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by EmmanuelTimmy(m): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It is traditional for some religious groups to organize prayers for their dead members. Some relatives of the deceased usually carry the corpse to the place the late person used to worship for prayers.

Others offer prayers for the repose of the soul of the dead before internment.

Even after burial, some observe 8 days, 40 days, a year prayers etc for God to forgive the sins of the departed one and grant him or her eternal rest.

Even some religious adherents who don't believe in praying for the dead would be quick to type RIP to show their love.

Do people's prayers really avail after death?

Hell no
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
orisa37:
THE PURPOSE OF EXTREME UNCTION IS TO ALERT THE PROPITIATION OF OUR SINS AT THE TEMPLE OF GRACE.
Is the 'extreme unction' offered before one's death or after?
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It will happen in future.
Those n heaven right now will come back and take their bodies anywhere they are buried or scattered for glorious resurrection during the Rapture of the saints (1st Corinthians 15:50-55; 1st Thessalonians 3:15-17).
Immediately Paul died just like other departed saints, he went to be with Christ in heaven (Philippians 1:23). Also, the repentant thief on the cross went to be with Christ in Paradise (heaven) immediately he died (Luke 23:43).
Thank you.

WRONG, THEY HAVE GAIN GLORIFIED BODY.

THIS EARTHLY BODY IS SINFUL AND THAT IS WHY IT DIES.

ON RAPTURE, WE ARE TALKING GLORIFIED BODIES.

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
EmmanuelTimmy:

Hell no
I concur.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:

WRONG, THEY HAVE GAIN GLORIFIED BODY.

THIS EARTHLY BODY IS SINFUL AND THAT IS WHY IT DIES.

ON RAPTURE, WE ARE TALKING GLORIFIED BODIES.

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW.
The bodies will be changed to glorious ones during the Rapture.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
The bodies will be changed to glorious ones during the Rapture.

YES, THEIR SPIRIT FORM, WILL RECIEVE GLORIFIED BODIES.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kyra1(f): 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2023
People's prayers won't work for you after death. By then it's too late. No prayer of forgiveness will work for you when you are dead, so it's good we live right now.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Shantyken(m): 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It is traditional for some religious groups to organize prayers for their dead members. Some relatives of the deceased usually carry the corpse to the place the late person used to worship for prayers.

Even after burial, some observe 8 days, 40 days, a year prayers etc for God to forgive the sins of the departed one and grant him or her eternal rest.

Even some religious adherents who don't believe in praying for the dead would be quick to type RIP to show their love.

No amount of prayers offers by anyone will save u after death as a sinner bro.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2023
Kyra1:
People's prayers won't work for you after death. By then it's too late. No prayer of forgiveness will work for you when you are dead, so it's good we live right now.

EVEN IN THE LAST FEW MOMENTS OF DEATH, YOU STILL STAND A CHANCE, IF ONLY YOU KNOW THE WAY AND DOING IT IN TRUTH/SPIRIT.

CHRIST JESUS!
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:
CHRISTIANS SHOULD NOT BE AFRIAD TO DECLARE THE DARKNESS IN ISLAM.

IMAGINE THESE MUSLIMS TRYING VERY HARD TO DISPROVE THE GOSPEL BUT STRUGGLING TO FIND EVIDENCE TO DO SO.

YET, THE SAME MUSLIM, DONT WANT ANYBODY TO TRY SAME WITH THEIR RELIGION.

THAT IS BECAUSE THEY KNOW ISLAM IS FULL OF LIES AND DECEPTION. THEY EVEN HAVE A WORD FOR IT, TAKIA.

I DONT WASTE TIME, IN LETTING THEM KNOW, THEY ARE FOLLOWERS OF A PAEDOPHILE.(MOHAMMAD)

THAT IS THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM, NOBODY DARE SAY. IT IS LIKE A FATHER MOLESTING HIS DAUGHTER AND ALL THE FAMILY MEMBERS TURN THE OTHER WAY AND NOBODY DARE SAY, BECAUSE IT IS TOO SHAMEFUL TO ALL.
The message of the gospel is for all.
Everyone is expected to prepare for eternity whether socalled Christian, Muslim, traditionalist, freethinker, humanist, agnoist or atheist.
"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
Every sinner and backslidder needs to repent and receive the free atonement of Christ NOW before it becomes too late.
Prayers after death is useless.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2023
IF YOU ARE BORN A CHRISTIAN, YOU HAVE NO REASON OR JUSTIFICATION TO END UP IN HELL.

EVEN THOSE BORN INTO ISLAM, SHOULD KNOW THAT RELIGION IS EVIL BECAUSE OF THE THINGS IT MAKES YOU DO.

HOW CAN GOD BE PLEASED THAT YOU MURDERED A PRIEST OR YOU RAPED A WOMAN AND KILL BABIES BECAUSE THEY ARE MALE?

WHICH TYPE OF GOD SENT YOU TO DO THAT? SATAN!

ALLAH IS ACTUALLY, SATAN.

VERSES FROM QURAN;

Surah 3:151: "We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve (all non-Muslims) …"

Surah 2:191: "And kill them (non-Muslims) wherever you find them … kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers (non-Muslims)."

Surah 9:5: "Then kill the disbelievers (non-Muslims) wherever you find them, capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush …"
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by emmayoc: 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:

Sir, prayer can not make any thing to change for the dead. God is God of the living and not the dead. Now see this scripture

Eccl.11.3 - If the clouds are full of rain, They empty themselves upon the earth; And if a tree falls to the south or the north, In the place where the tree falls, there it shall lie.

Pls note:
1.whenever u see TREE in the bible, it refers to man or something living. Eg. Jesus said "I am the TREE of life" another place in psalm 1, said we shall be like TREE planted by the rivers of water

2. North is according to scriptures the geographical location of God in heaven. Like the passage we all know and the song, " it's mount Zion side of the Northern city of the great king (God)

3. South is geographical location of hell and Satan

So that scripture in Ecc 11: 3 means; when a man falls (dies) if he falls (goes to) north with God or south to hell, wherever he falls (goes to) there he will remain. Nothing can change it.

So nothing like pogatory or prayer for the dead. QED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Winners Youth Convention 2016 August 2-6: The Rise Of End Time Rescue Agents / Deeper Life Pastor Abakporo Nabbed By FBI For Conning An Elderly Woman / If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.