Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? (13681 Views)

Pray For My Death If I Am Guilty of Demonic Consultation - Pastor Adeboye / Prayers Work / Reason Why Some People Prayers Are Not Easily Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
Peacecore:
The two questions I have for you are:
1. Do God answers people's prayers everyday?
2. Is anyone sinless?
1. According to God, He only answers the prayers of the righteous, those who are holy and hence are not slaves to sin.

2. Yes, According to God, those who are set free from slavery to sin are no longer of sin but of God..

Next! undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Peacecore: 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. According to God, He only answers the prayers of the righteous, those who are holy and hence are not slaves to sin.

2. Yes, According to God, those who are set free from slavery to sin are no longer of sin but of God..

Next! undecided
Has God ever answered your prayer?? If yes, are you holy??
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
Peacecore:
■ Has God ever answered your prayer??
■ If yes, are you holy??
1. Not yet since I am still working my way through having my sin debt cleared off - John 8 vs 31 - 36 undecided

2. I would need to be holy and righteous in order for God to answer my prayers. Holiness is the prerequisite for God's righteousness. Righteousness is however the only way to obtain answers to prayers from God, just as God Himself said. undecided

So, whenever someone says that God has answered their prayer, that person is literally claiming to be both holy and righteous at the same time. It is possible to be these things but most of those who say God has answered their prayers aren't even aware of God's Truth let alone that God has a standard as far as answers to prayers that He maintains Himself. undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkie: 5:15am On Apr 18, 2023
undecided
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kobojunkiee: 8:05pm On May 11, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
■ The message of the gospel is for all.
Everyone is expected to prepare for eternity whether socalled Christian, Muslim, traditionalist, freethinker, humanist, agnoist or atheist.
"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
Every sinner and backslidder needs to repent and receive the free atonement of Christ NOW before it becomes too late.
Prayers after death is useless.
What do you gain from twisting the words of Paul(the one whose word your foundation is built on) in order to create a stopgap to keep you from obeying Jesus Christ? undecided

What Paul wrote in Romans 3 was not in reference to all humans but instead to the evil people, fools who reject God. This you can easily discover by researching the source of his many statements which are culled from various places in scripture.

■Beginning in Romans 3 vs 10 - 18, Paul quotes from various parts of scripture in his attempt to explain to his brethren that they were in fact the wicked and evil generation to the destroyed by God. Yes, at that point in time, God's plan was to destroy the rest of Israel — the Nation of Judah aka the Jews— and that plan was heralded by the coming of Jesus Christ. Below, we see that what Paul wrote in that passage was of the evil people who were against God.

Romans 3 vs 10 - 12 quotes Psalm 53 where David writes about the evil people who do terrible things.
1 Only fools think there is no God. People like that are evil and do terrible things. They never do what is right.
2 God looks down from heaven to see if there is anyone who is wise, anyone who looks to him for help.
3 But everyone has turned away from him. Everyone has become evil. No one does anything good. No, not one person!
4 Those who are evil treat my people like bread to be eaten. And they never ask for God’s help. Don’t they understand what they are doing? - Psalm 53 vs 1 - 3
The above passage clearly says that this prophecy was said of the evil people aka the fools who convinced themselves that God does not exist. You know this from reading verse 4 where God highlights the way evil people treat His people. undecided
Romans 3 vs 13 a Paul references David's prayer against his enemies found in Psalm 5
8 Lord, show me your right way of living and make it easy for me to follow. People are looking for my weaknesses, so show me how you want me to live.
9 My enemies never tell the truth. They only want to destroy people. Their words come from mouths that are like open graves. They use their lying tongues to deceive others.[a]
10 Punish them, God! Let them be caught in their own traps. They have turned against you, so punish them for their many crimes. - Psalm 5 vs 8 - 10
Romans 3 vs 13 b quotes from Psalm 140 where David prays to God regarding the evil people
1 Lord, save me from people who are evil. Protect me from those who are cruel,
2 from those who plan to do evil and always cause trouble.
3 Their words are as harmful as the fangs of a snake, as deadly as its venom. Selah
4 Lord, save me from the wicked! Protect me from these cruel people who plan to hurt me.
5 These proud people are trying to trap me. They spread nets to catch me; they set traps in my path. Selah - Psalm 140 vs 1 - 5
Romans 13 vs 15 quotes from Proverbs 1 which is a warning against evil people
10 My son, those who love to do wrong will try to trick you. Don’t listen to them.
11 They will say, “Come with us. Let’s hide and beat to death anyone who happens to walk by.
12 We will swallow them whole, as the grave swallows the dying.
13 We will take everything they have and fill our houses with stolen goods.
14 So join us, and you can share everything we get.”
15 My son, don’t follow them. Don’t even take the first step along that path.
16 They run to do something evil, and they cannot wait to kill someone. - Proverbs 1 vs 10 - 15
Romans 13 vs 16 - 17 references Isaiah's writing on the state of the evil people, whose sins separate them from God
1 Look, the Lord’s power is enough to save you. He can hear you when you ask him for help.
2 It is your sins that separate you from your God. He turns away from you when he sees them.
3 That’s because your hands are covered with blood from the people you murdered. You tell lies and say evil things.
4 You can’t be trusted, even in court. You lie about each other and depend on false arguments to win your cases. You create pain and produce wickedness.
5 You hatch evil, like eggs from a poisonous snake. Anyone who eats the eggs will die. And if you break one of them open, a poisonous snake will come out. Your lies are like spider webs.
6 They cannot be used for clothes, and you cannot cover yourself with them. Your hands are always busy sinning and hurting others.
7 Your feet run toward evil. You are always ready to kill innocent people. You think of nothing but evil. Everywhere you go you cause trouble and ruin.
8 You don’t know how to live in peace. You don’t do what is right and fair. You are crooked, and anyone who lives like that will never know true peace. - Isaiah 59 vs 1 - 8
Romans 13 vs 18 references Psalm 18 where David writes of the evil people and the workings of their minds.
1 Deep in the hearts of the wicked a voice tells them to do wrong. They have no respect for God.
2 They lie to themselves. They don’t see their own faults, so they are not sorry for what they do.
3 Their words are wicked lies. They have stopped doing anything wise or good.
4 They make wicked plans in bed at night. They choose a way of life that does no good. And they never say no to anything evil. - Psalm 36 vs 1 - 4

As you can see, every single passage of Scripture that was quoted by Paul in that context was written in reference to people who do evil — the unrighteous. And of course, there are none righteous among the evil people for they have all sinned. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Israel / D / Daddy Freeze: "First Fruit Is Not An Act Of Faith, It's An Act Of Fraud"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.