Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? (13619 Views)

Pray For My Death If I Am Guilty of Demonic Consultation - Pastor Adeboye / Prayers Work / Reason Why Some People Prayers Are Not Easily Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:

EVEN IN THE LAST FEW MOMENTS OF DEATH, YOU STILL STAND A CHANCE, IF ONLY YOU KNOW THE WAY AND DOING IT IN TRUTH/SPIRIT.

CHRIST JESUS!
It is dangerous to wait till the 'last few moments'.
Death can come without warning e.g accident, being hit by a stray bullet or dying in one's sleep!

1 Like

Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
emmayoc:

Sir, prayer can not make any thing to change for the dead. God is God of the living and not the dead. Now see this scripture

Eccl.11.3 - If the clouds are full of rain, They empty themselves upon the earth; And if a tree falls to the south or the north, In the place where the tree falls, there it shall lie.

Pls note:
1.whenever u see TREE in the bible, it refers to man or something living. Eg. Jesus said "I am the TREE of life" another place in psalm 1, said we shall be like TREE planted by the rivers of water

2. North is according to scriptures the geographical location of God in heaven. Like the passage we all know and the song, " it's mount Zion side of the Northern city of the great king (God)

3. South is geographical location of hell and Satan

So that scripture in Ecc 11: 3 means; when a man falls (dies) if he falls (goes to) north with God or south to hell, wherever he falls (goes to) there he will remain. Nothing can change it.

So nothing like pogatory or prayer for the dead. QED
Beautiful! New knowledge gained.
Thanks. More grace.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It is dangerous to wait till the 'last few moments'.
Death can come without warning e.g accident, being hit by a stray bullet or dying in one's sleep!

YES!

THAT IS GAMBLING, BUT JUST A THOUGHT FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW CHRIST JESUS BECAUSE, EVEN IF THEY HAD A CHANGE OF HEART, THEY WOULDN'T KNOW WHO TO CALL AND THE WAY TO GO.

THEY SPENT ALL THE YEARS OF THEIR LIFE, FIGHTING JESUS, UNKNOWING TO THEM, THAT IS THEIR ROOT AND DOOR TO SALVATION.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:

YES!

THAT IS GAMBLING, BUT JUST A THOUGHT FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW CHRIST JESUS BECAUSE, EVEN IF THEY HAD A CHANGE OF HEART, THEY WOULDN'T KNOW WHO TO CALL AND THE WAY TO GO.
We said.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Kay25(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It is traditional for some religious groups to organize prayers for their dead members. Some relatives of the deceased usually carry the corpse to the place the late person used to worship for prayers.

Others offer prayers for the repose of the soul of the dead before internment.

Even after burial, some observe 8 days, 40 days, a year prayers etc for God to forgive the sins of the departed one and grant him or her eternal rest.

Even some religious adherents who don't believe in praying for the dead would be quick to type RIP to show their love.

Do people's prayers really avail after death?
there is no repentance in the place of the dead no prayers work for the dead cos it's appointed unto man to die once and then judgement..but u can pray for the families left,the things left behind
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2023
Kay25:
there is no repentance in the place of the dead no prayers work for the dead cos it's appointed unto man to die once and then judgement..but u can pray for the families left,the things left behind
I concur.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2023
THEY SPENT ALL THE YEARS OF THEIR LIFE, FIGHTING JESUS, UNKNOWING TO THEM, JESUS IS THEIR ROOT, WAY AND DOOR TO SALVATION.

WHY DID YOUR QURAN SAY READ BIBLE AND TORAH?

THEIR IS A REASON, BECAUSE AS A MUSLIM, YOU CANNOT SAY, YOU NEVER HEARD ABOUT JESUS CHRIST OR THE GOSPEL OF TRUTH.

WHETHER YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IT OR NOT, ATTACK IT OR NOT, IT IS IN YOUR SCRIPTURE AND A RECOMMENDED READING FOR ALL MUSLIMS.

ON JUDGEMENT DAY, YOU WILL EQUALLY BE JUDGED.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2023
orisa37:
IT IS PLEADING WITH JESUS TO HAVE MERCY ON YOUR MISERABLE SOUL.
Your soul can only be miserable if you die in sin.
If that happens (God forbid), your fate is forever sealed for eternal doom in eternal flame and no amount of prayers can change your destination!
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Goldbw122(m): 12:56pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It is traditional for some religious groups to organize prayers for their dead members. Some relatives of the deceased usually carry the corpse to the place the late person used to worship for prayers.

Even after burial, some observe 8 days, 40 days, a year prayers etc for God to forgive the sins of the departed one and grant him or her eternal rest.

Even some religious adherents who don't believe in praying for the dead would be quick to type RIP to show their love.

Nope, after death judgement, there is no scripture that record praying after death, so it is wise to get your life right with God while on Earth, is just like an exam that you need to read before you write, no need to write before you read.. simple and straight.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by piyoo91: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ did what now? Where is this story of yours found in scripture? undecided

2. So, what you are saying is that even the prophet Isaiah was trapped and had to be released by Jesus Christ from the bosom of Abraham, to then, without being born-again at all -- an absolute necessity according to Jesus Christ ‐-- enter into Heaven in the Kingdom of God? shocked
i will advice, reduce your posting cos you are not making sense at all infact you no get sense, all your post na mumu
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:

THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD AND LIGHT.

DONT BE IGNORANT.

THE QURAN ON THE OTHER HAND IS THE WORD OF SATAN AND DARKNESS.

You are right, the same way Qur'an religious worshippers are thinking bible is the word of Satan and darkness.

Nigeria religious worshippers are not thinking and building as Western and European religious worshippers.

Don't forget Tinubu & his vice are worshippers of Qur'an.

Now we know Nigeria is an evil and darkest camp on earth, as Biafrans worshippers of Bible on earth as it is in heavens.

I am not against the Qur'an I am not also against the Bible, but the those running this failed republic called Niggaia evil policies and implementations.

ENDNIGERIANOWTOSAVELIVES
Shalom
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2023
WelcomeToBiafra:

You are right, the same way Qur'an religious worshippers are thinking bible is the word of Satan and darkness.

Nigeria religious worshippers are not thinking and building as Western and European religious worshippers.

Don't forget Tinubu & his vice are worshippers of Qur'an.

Now we know Nigeria is an evil and darkest camp on earth, as Biafrans worshippers of Bible on earth as it is in heavens.

I am not against the Qur'an I am not also against the Bible, but the those running this failed republic called Niggaia evil policies and implementations.

ENDNIGERIANOWTOSAVELIVES
Shalom

ACTUALLY, THE QURAN SAY THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD.

IT IS IN THEIR QURAN.

THEY COPIED EVERYTHING FROM THE BIBLE INCLUDING JESUS THAT THEY RENAMED ISA AND THEN BRANDED A PROPHET.

HOWEVER, THE BIBLE MAKES IT CLEAR, ANY PROPHET AFTER THE COMING OF JESUS IS A FALSE PROPHET.

AND THEIR SHALL BE MANY FALSE PROPHETS.

Sura 3:48 says, "And Allah will teach him [Jesus] the book and Wisdom, the Torah, and the Gospel."

"And in their [the prophets'] footsteps we sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Torah that had come before him: we sent him the gospel; therein was guidance and light. And confirmation of the Torah that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah" Sura 5:46

Now this verse of the Qur'an is remarkable. If God sent Jesus to confirm the Torah (first five books of the Bible's Old Testament), then at least in Jesus' time, the Torah that people could read and Jesus could confirm was the same Torah God sent.

It goes on. Sura 5:47 goes on to say "Let the People of the Gospel Judge by what Allah hath revealed Therein...." If the People of the Gospel are to judge by what God has revealed in the Gospel, then how can the Gospel they are to judge by not be the Gospel God told them to judge by?

Sura 5:48 says, "To thee (People of the Book) We sent the scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the truth that hath come to thee...."
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Abemy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
Yes, if those praying for you have their faith as little as a mustard seed, God will grant thier request.

Read Luke 17:5&6.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2023
Abemy:
Yes, if those praying for you have their faith as little as a mustard seed, God will grant thier request.

Read Luke 17:5&6.

WHERE DID HE MENTION AFTER DEATH?

YOU THINK KINGDOM IS NIGERIA WHERE YOUR PAPA GET MONEY, SO ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE?

DADDY/MUMMY, WILL BE RUNNING AROUND DOING EVERYTHING FOR YOU, ABI?

U THINK HEAVEN IS RUN THAT WAY?

Luke 17:5-6
5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” 6 He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Teeklef(m): 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
Die first
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by saintkel(m): 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2023
God answers all prayers pls......even d prayers of sinners He hears n may decide to answer d one that pleases Him
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Abemy(m): 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2023
fidelmarshal199:

I really like people that ask critical questions like this, I've also asked this question myself but I've not gotten a convincing answer. Hopefully someone knowledgeable enough will do justice to the questions unlike these ones throwing tantrum above

I answered and referred @all, to Luke 17:5 and 6.

Prayers are answered by faith. If your faith is as little (as big as, if you like) as a mustard seed, you can ask God for anything, and it shall be done unto you.

Remember, Jesus raised many from death and performed many miracles, he told us that we can do even more then He did, if we had our faith as little as a mustard seed.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Mattyau: 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2023
The Bible state clearly no repentance after death.
The moment your death your judgement has be declear. Base on your deeds here on earth.

No prayers will change your destination after death.

Today is the day of salvation tomorrow may be too late.

Stay bless.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2023
Abemy:

I answered and referred @all, to Luke 17:5 and 6.

Prayers are answered by faith. If your faith is as little (as big as, if you like) as a mustard seed, you can ask God for anything, and it shall be done unto you.

Remember, Jesus raised many from death and performed many miracles, he told us that we can do even more then He did, if we had our faith as little as a mustard seed.

SO U, AS U DEY SO, CAN DO MORE THAN JESUS?

WHEN I KNEW, YOU ARE TALKING RUBBISH, IS WHEN YOU ACCORDED THE AUTHORITY TO YOURSELF, AS BEING THE DOER, INSTEAD OF JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF.

YET, THE ONLY EXAMPLE YOU GAVE IS OF JESUS.

CLOWN!
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2023
Mattyau:
The Bible state clearly no repentance after death.
The moment your death your judgement has be declear. Base on your deeds here on earth.

No prayers will change your destination after death.

Today is the day of salvation tomorrow may be too late.

Stay bless.

GBAM! ON POINT
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Abemy(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:

WHERE DID HE MENTION AFTER DEATH?

YOU THINK KINGDOM IS NIGERIA WHERE YOUR PAPA GET MONEY, SO ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE?

DADDY/MUMMY, WILL BE RUNNING AROUND DOING EVERYTHING FOR YOU, ABI?

U THINK HEAVEN IS RUN THAT WAY?

You are arguing blindly.

Jesus didn't need to mention death, for you to know that with faith, he can answer his own. It was through faith, that the apostle rised the sunahmite woman's shield from death, same faith can take the dead to heaven, by the prayers of the living faithful.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by justmondris: 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2023
No because there is no repentance in the spirit. Also, it’s written in Hebrews 9: 27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment". So once you die, you will be judged immediately and taken to hell or heaven and the prayers are useless in both destinations e.g in Heaven, you will have everything they will ever pray for in abundance and in hell, their prayers cannot remove you from their and take you to heaven nor reduce your torment because there is no repentance in the spirit.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Abemy(m): 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2023
legitnow1:

GBAM! ON POINT

What we don't pay attention to, when reading the Bible is what event, propelled the statement. Confusing one event to the other is what actually confuse many.

God don't need your permission to answer prayers, if God decide today, not to end the world, you can not do anything. Why we are this confused is because, God nolonger talk to us, like in the days of old.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by frankadrian: 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Please don't mix things up.
God does not answer the prayers of sinners who remain in their sins yet are asking for His favours.
But He answers the prayers of sinners who are penitent and desire His mercy, pardon and salvation.

Responding to Kobojunkie is a waste of air. More and more people are getting to know that and to duly ignore him.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by FreedomfromtheT: 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2023
frankadrian:

Responding to Kobojunkie is a waste of air. More and more people are getting to know that and to duly ignore him.
Ok.
I really wonder what his motive in this religious section is.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by OLULAW: 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2023
I see JW.ORG here.
Deadly cult. Avoid.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by frankadrian: 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Ok.
I really wonder what his motive in this religious section is.

He probably doesn't have much else to do.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by arantess: 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2023
An exercise in futility

Those engaging in such are merely doing spiritual callisthenics
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Olumaeme: 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
Did those prayers worked now that you are alive?

Baba prayers don't work, we all know it.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by Father4all: 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2023
NO. Your goodness on earth will
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by legitnow1: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2023
Abemy:

What we don't pay attention to, when reading the Bible is what event, propelled the statement. Confusing one event to the other is what actually confuse many.

God don't need your permission to answer prayers, if God decide today, not to end the world, you can not do anything. Why we are this confused is because, God nolonger talk to us, like in the days of old.

HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL PASS AWAY BUT GOD WORD WILL REMAIN.

GOD IS NOT A MAN TO LIE OR THE SON OF MAN TO REPENT, HENCE, ONCE YOU DIE, U WILL FACE GOD JUDGEMENT.

IF INDEED YOU DESERVE REDEMPTION, THEN JESUS WILL STAND FOR YOU BEFORE THE THRONE OF GOD.

PRAYERS OF THOSE ON EARTH TO JESUS MAY HELP BUT IT IS NOT THE DECIDER.

EACH TO HIS/HER FAITH AND DEED.

IF U CANNOT REPENT HERE NOW YOU ARE ALIVE, THEN SORRY IS YOUR NAME.
Re: Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? by phemmyfour: 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:

Superstitious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure / A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / Summerise The Bible In One Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.