Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

“I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie (35758 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:33am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

In a video interview, she said she supports Peter Obi because she is an Igbo woman and Peter Obi is Igbo.
That's bullshit. I've not seen such video and from her level of intelligence I doubt she will say something like that. If she ever said such it will be on the front page of Nairaland. And you are quoting an anti gay law instead of posting the video.

You may not agree with her but don't sell any propaganda in her name. I don't agree with Soyinka but I can't any propaganda that he is tribalistic. It is a simplistic argument without any thought or evidence. You are free to disagree with her but you shouldn't manufacture stories that don't exist about her.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by MilitantAtheist: 7:33am On Apr 12, 2023
Why are senseless people giving this useless lesbian olosho attention? Because they're senseless, Imagine the bitch saying inec is fascist for referring aggrieved parties to court, imagine the bitch saying Prof made wrong use of the word when actually the ugly looking Mauritania man and obidiiots are threatening the CJN, Nigerian state and the President. This bitch is crazy, hopeless LOSERS

2 Likes

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
I wish people can just focus on their jobs, Doctors should be Doctors, Lawyers should be Lawyers, Writers should be Writers they should leave Politics for Politicians

How stupid does this sound? Accountants (like Tinubu claims to be), should be accountants and leave politics for politicians. Traders (like Peter Obi) should be traders and leave politics for politicians. Terrorists like Shettimad should be terrorists and leave politics for politicians.

Some of you can be conveniently idiotic when you want to twist a narrative to suit your perverse interests.

2 Likes

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Ab1b2b: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2023
Okay

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Allisgud: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Good she only disagrees.

She is so happy in that picture of her and the great Prof.
because they took the picture yesterday bah?
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Web2020: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2023
maivd:
She should channel her energy to ipob, one begins to wonder why she was not vocal against the Monday sit at home and the mass murder in the east by ugm. Would she have aired her opinion if the winner was from the west or north? She loves to hate Nigeria we don't need her bigotry opinion.
All her opinions should be forwarded to emma powerful.
Long live Peter Obi.
Is she the president of Nigeria that swore an oath to secure the country? You people will leave your problems and be focusing on something else. Only in Nigeria you will see people blaming their rich uncle for not taking them out of poverty even though they are lazy
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Christistruth03: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2023
It was General Gowon who said during the War

that the Educated ones were far more Tribalistic than the uneducated ones

It is a very strange phenomenon that Social Scientists need to get to the root of

and unravel it ,

it may likely be a Legacy of the Superiority Complex induced by the Centuries old Osu Caste System
which saw some People as a Master Race
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Raskimonojendor: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2023
Allisgud:
because they took the picture yesterday bah?
Lol.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by FORWARDEVERLY: 7:38am On Apr 12, 2023
Chimamanda a useless feminist...
Soyinka a stupid old fool... I remember when the ediot insulted the wife of a sitting president and called her a Shepopotamus.. now he is wailing cos small children dn insult am for social media...
Two fools..
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by chukxie(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Not even in your wildest dreams.

What I don't like about her. She can be tribalistic and her love for gayism stuff puts people off.

In a video interview, she said she supports Peter Obi because she is an Igbo woman and Peter Obi is Igbo.

And the Yorubas who support Tinubu are what again? Fans?.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Angelfrost(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
In as much as I respect this woman, involving in politics will stain her

Everyone is involved in politics either directly or indirectly!

Everyone is stained by poor leadership whether directly or indirectly!
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by PulaPower: 7:38am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
I wish people can just focus on their jobs, Doctors should be Doctors, Lawyers should be Lawyers, Writers should be Writers they should leave Politics for Politicians
She’s Mrs know all..

For her bigot mind, she knows all and everything!

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by ebenholer2(m): 7:39am On Apr 12, 2023
SO WHY SHOULD A SANE PERSON BE WRITING ANOTHER COUNTRY PRESIDENT AGAINST HIS COUNTRY OF BIRTH...SO IS SHE PORTRAYING AMERICAN PRESIDENT AS THE PRESIDENT OF THE WHOLE WORLD. THIS IS HIGHLY DEMEANING FROM ADICHIE HONESTLY.
I WILL NOT IN ANYWAY SUPPORT SOYINKA NOR ADICHIE BUT SEEM UNHAPPY THAT SOMEONE SHOULD BE UNDERMINING THE NIGERIA SOVEREIGNTY BY WRITING ANOTHER COUNTRY PRESIDENT AGAINST HIS COUNTRY. ABSOLUTELY NONSENSICAL.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Raskimonojendor: 7:39am On Apr 12, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
That's bullshit. I've not seen such video and from her level of intelligence I doubt she will say something like that. If she ever said such it will be on the front page of Nairaland. And you are quoting an anti gay law instead of posting the video.

You may not agree with her but don't sell any propaganda in her name. I don't agree with Soyinka but I can't any propaganda that he is tribalistic. It is a simplistic argument without any thought or evidence. You are free to disagree with her but you shouldn't manufacture stories that don't exist about her.

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:39am On Apr 12, 2023
priceactionx:
Oh I see on same arise interview matters. Good to see that she disagreed and not start treating people to boycott his book just because of hatred that some people grow up with. She has the right to disagree, it's her opinion and she is noted for that.
Wole is like a father to her in all ramifications and she won't descend so low to insult him just they way some want to create serious rancour between a father and a daughter. grin grin

So basically you were expecting an insult and got disappointed. Im definitely sure u will be happy when tinubu gets into power and shut down arise tv owned by a yoruba man.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by PHIPEX(m): 7:40am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
ignorance on display. Politics determines whether you eat today or not, whether you go out or not, whether you go to church/mosque today or not, the amount of income you get today etc
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:41am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Nonsense. Post something else. It's either you are mischievous or honestly ignorant but I doubt the latter.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by maivd: 7:42am On Apr 12, 2023
Web2020:
Is she the president of Nigeria that swore an oath to secure the country? You people will leave your problems and be focusing on something else. Only in Nigeria you will see people blaming their rich uncle for not taking them out of poverty even though they are lazy
Park well,would she have written a letter if Obi was from the west or north? She is a bigot and her hatred for Nigeria has no depth so should shut up and mind her business. Her opinion should be directed to emma powerful.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by BigCowHornn: 7:43am On Apr 12, 2023
sleek214:
Coming from a Tribal Bigot

She married completely out of her race talk less of tribe

Foooool
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by onuman: 7:43am On Apr 12, 2023
priceactionx:
Oh I see on same arise interview matters. Good to see that she disagreed and not start treating people to boycott his book just because of hatred that some people grow up with. She has the right to disagree, it's her opinion and she is noted for that.
Wole is like a father to her in all ramifications and she won't descend so low to insult him just they way some want to create serious rancour between a father and a daughter. grin grin
You grew up stewed in hatred, and spewing provocative hatred all over the place with the scheme in Nigeria to sideline a major ethnic group in Nigeria from apex political leadership of Nigeria.

The hatred being spewed is like putting Nigeria on autodestruct mode.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Angelfrost(m): 7:43am On Apr 12, 2023
Nyne:

A man and a woman shouldn’t debate. That’s why Wole Soyinka chose to debate with Datti. She should find a woman like her to debate.

Men and women debate all over the world...!

What sort of primitive talk is that?!!

The misogynistic statements some of you Nigerian youths make these days, even online make people out there think the nation is still in the Dark ages of prehistoric times!

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Raskimonojendor: 7:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Nonsense. Post something else. It's either you are mischievous or honestly ignorant but I doubt the latter.
You can continue to bury your head in the sand like an ostrich. It's an Obidient trait.

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by ebenholer2(m): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

So basically you were expecting an insult and got disappointed. Im definitely sure u will be happy when tinubu gets into power and shut down arise tv owned by a yoruba man.
TINUBU WILL NEVER SHUT DOWN THE ARISE TV I AM SURE OF THAT...HE DOESN'T ENGAGE IN SUCH FIGHT TRACK HIS RECORD.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by biaframaster200: 7:47am On Apr 12, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/TheoAbuAgada/status/1645891900312895489?s=20

Let her go to Arise TV and speak...instead of staying on Twitter and disagreeing pointlessly...

Adichie wants to be useless herself. Soyinka has been a political activist since when was in secondary school....she now thought because she has bagged one eye literature title she can be disagreeing based on hatred and envy of what Soyinka has said.....

Let us know Adieche's stands....is she a political activist or current affairs analyst or just disagreeing out of tribal sentiment.....

2 Likes

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Web2020: 7:48am On Apr 12, 2023
MilitantAtheist:
Why are senseless people giving this useless lesbian olosho attention? Because they're senseless, Imagine the bitch saying inec is fascist for referring aggrieved parties to court, imagine the bitch saying Prof made wrong use of the word when actually the ugly looking Mauritania man and obidiiots are threatening the CJN, Nigerian state and the President. This bitch is crazy, hopeless LOSERS
It is obvious that you are the bitch here as you cannot argue constructively without calling names and raining abuses. Again, Inec is fascist because, you cannot deliberately commit a crime and ask the victim to go court.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by phyllumtopilla: 7:49am On Apr 12, 2023
[quote author=priceactionx post=122458976]Oh I see on same arise interview matters. Good to see that she disagreed and not start treating people to boycott his book just because of hatred that some people grow up with. She has the right to disagree, it's her opinion and she is noted for that.
Wole is like a father to her in all ramifications and she won't descend so low to insult him just they way some want to create serious rancour between a father and a daughter. grin grin[/quote

It is okay to disagree with someone's view in as much as you don't superimpose yours
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Popesuccess(m): 7:49am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
So having an opinion on national issues means involving in politics. Nigerian politician have been destroying this country for years and you want everybody to keep quiet and allow only the politician to be doing and talking.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by jchioma: 7:50am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:

What then would you say of a professor of over 80 years defending a drug lord? I use to think he was an elder statesman, but he proved otherwise. What a shame!
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

You can continue to bury your head in the sand like an ostrich. It's an Obidient trait.
Lol. You see, when you hate someone it adds nothing to your success when others hate them too. You are been less logical and more emotional.

These things have root in the primitive shoots of man. One word I can agree with when describing her would be CONTROVERSIAL. And it is easy to be that in a world full of primitive people.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by thedio(m): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2023
It's normal,we cant agree on every national issue.
Some headless mobs r say chidinma abi chimanda will disgrace Soyinka in a debate.
I am sure Chimanda will take a debate with baba as a free class and Soyinka would teach her many things she Neva seen or read anywhere b4.
Even what her Father did not know wole would tell her.....baba is very intelligent and loaded.... Chimanda is brilliant thou
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by onuman: 7:53am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
In other words, Wole Soyinka should get involved in politics, as he has been doing, but Adichie should not. Why?
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by ebenholer2(m): 7:53am On Apr 12, 2023
maivd:

Park well,would she have written a letter if Obi was from the west or north? She is a bigot and her hatred for Nigeria has no depth so should shut up and mind her business. Her opinion should be directed to emma powerful.
What surprises most about Adichie is that she had remained quiet until now that his brother happened to be one of the contestants. No write ups nor petition against persistent misgovernance in place in the nation for decades now but now hysterically woke to shed the crocodile tears. This is an hypocrisy.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teacher Chuks / Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Ruona Meyer And Elnathan John Fight On Twitter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.