Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

“I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie (35750 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Gerard28: 7:54am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
In as much as I respect this woman, involving in politics will stain her

So in other words she shouldn't tell the Truth about the country of her birth?
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by maivd: 7:56am On Apr 12, 2023
ebenholer2:

What surprises most about Adichie is that she had remained quiet until now that his brother happened to be one of the contestants. No write ups nor petition against persistent misgovernance in place in the nation for decades now but now hysterically woke to shed the crocodile tears. This is an hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy of the highest order

2 Likes

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Enemyofpeace: 7:59am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
I wish people can just focus on their jobs, Doctors should be Doctors, Lawyers should be Lawyers, Writers should be Writers they should leave Politics for Politicians
everyone is a politician
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Web2020: 8:00am On Apr 12, 2023
biaframaster200:

Let her go to Arise TV and speak...instead of staying on Twitter and disagreeing pointlessly...

Adichie wants to be useless herself. Soyinka has been a political activist since when was in secondary school....she now thought because she has bagged one eye literature title she can be disagreeing based on hatred and envy of what Soyinka has said.....

Let us know Adieche's stands....is she a political activist or current affairs analyst or just disagreeing out of tribal sentiment.....
Don't cover up your foolishness with tribalism. What is your argument, that Soyinka has been a political activist before she was born therefore she must agree with anything he said. First, she was trained in an environment where you are allowed to think freely, environment where you can criticize existing norms constructively. Listen to her to hear how she respectfully and constructively disagree with Soyinka on this matter. In all her discussion she constructively spoke to issues. Unlike APC supporters that will leave issues and be calling names to cover up their inability. Please I encourage you to listen to her before commenting. Thank you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by onuman: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
In other words, Wole Soyinka should get involved in politics, as he has been doing, but Adichie should not?
One gets stained in politics of retrogression.
Soyinka's politics supporting an aged and obviously mentally-handicapped man to become president of Nigeria in the 21st century stains his reputation.
Adichie's condemnation of a most deceptive and fraudulent presidential election cannot stain her reputation.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Badguy77(m): 8:02am On Apr 12, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

We will recall ur MONIKER in nearest FUTURE as part of portfolio n personalty.
My friend go sitdown if you like recall my face..
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by theredaddy: 8:03am On Apr 12, 2023
Larrysung:
I think one of the many reasons she disagrees is that Datti has the right to freely express his opinion. There was nothing unbecoming or demeaning in what Datti said about INEC electoral body.

I agree with how respectfully, she, disagrees with Prof Wole Soyinka.

Datti cross the line, datti as no legal stand to interprete the law and adjudicate on a matter that is before the court,

What is the essence of going to court when you will be on national Tv to interprete the law

Does Datti have the competence and certification to interprete the law for Nigerians

Datti has the right to air his opinion but he has no right to give a verdict that, "if Tinubu is sworn in that is the end of democracy", that does not sound like "Opinion"

did Tinubu emerge without peoples vote or according to the only result out did Tinubu not win majority vote, so base on which result his Tinubu presidency unconstitutional.

justice is by evidence/facts not my cousin said' ... can i get a Yes daddy wink

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by BastadThiefnubu: 8:04am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
I wish people can just focus on their jobs, Doctors should be Doctors, Lawyers should be Lawyers, Writers should be Writers they should leave Politics for Politicians
But in the end the actions of the politicians affect everyone so what do you mean?
Buhari supported his terrotist fulani brothers terrorise and kill Nigerians for good 8 years, so we should have all kept quiet because we are not politicians?
Some people and warped reason are like bread and butter.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by vikiphy89(m): 8:04am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
Citizens should be citizens also and should not bother to vote or involve in politics. Dundee
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by stanbright(m): 8:05am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
Then why are you supporting APC are you a politician?
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by OriOko88(m): 8:05am On Apr 12, 2023
grin

Nzogbu people everywhere. Instead of Salamanda abi chimanda to rally round her brother ekweremadu whos about to join d long list of ibos in foreign prisons,she' and her deluded fans are busy fighting a lost battle.

She effing letters she wrote to the US should have been channeled to d UK using her influence to plead for leniency for Ekweremadu. Awon radarada gbogbo undecided
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by ImDStar: 8:06am On Apr 12, 2023
what do you mean by involving in politics will stain her?
Isn't she also affected by the useless policies of this administration?
Or you mean it's only the likes of tinubu the druggy that should be allowed to rule Nigeria?
8by6incherr:
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Themandator: 8:06am On Apr 12, 2023
priceactionx:
Oh I see on same arise interview matters. Good to see that she disagreed and not start treating people to boycott his book just because of hatred that some people grow up with. She has the right to disagree, it's her opinion and she is noted for that.
Wole is like a father to her in all ramifications and she won't descend so low to insult him just they way some want to create serious rancour between a father and a daughter. grin grin

How is he like a father.. What did he do like a father to bring her to where she is today.. Paid bills, tutorsd her, reviewed her manuscript or endorse it

He can't even. Sim father figure for her dad is a prof at UNN
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by emmysam2: 8:08am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:

And Wole Soyinka meddling and carrying Politics for head will promote him the more abi?
Soyinka good, Chimamanda bad abi?
Uncle, don't play the ostrich.
Wole Soyinka time as global figure don pass. Chimamanda Adiche's time is just blooming. Let Soyinka park well joor

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by WhisperedNoise: 8:10am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
Politics is not a career na. Abi?
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Shevchenkko: 8:15am On Apr 12, 2023
Sultty:
make these people rest, know when to fight know when to scheme, know when to accept defeat etc. Na so so noise since February
Shut up. This nonsense is what has gotten us to the position of the poverty capital of the world
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by tyinfinity: 8:16am On Apr 12, 2023
A lesbian writer
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by sogodihno: 8:16am On Apr 12, 2023
JASONjnr:
This girl is very intelligent.....

If she's set to debate with Soyinka, he will be rubbished!

You don't know wole Soyinka 😀😀

Go and ask your parents when you get home about him
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Web2020: 8:17am On Apr 12, 2023
ebenholer2:

What surprises most about Adichie is that she had remained quiet until now that his brother happened to be one of the contestants. No write ups nor petition against persistent misgovernance in place in the nation for decades now but now hysterically woke to shed the crocodile tears. This is an hypocrisy.
Many of you commenting here have not listened to the interview. She was motivated to participate fully in this election due to the continued promises from Inec on how they will use technology, and she was pained that after raising the hope of Nigeria, Inec willfully manipulated the process by himself, hence her write-up. Which indirectly means, I understand how Nigeria elections are before, Inec should have continued in that manner without raising the hope of the whole world for what he new from day one that they are going to manipulate. The problem with us in this country is that we blame the victim of a crime and allow the criminal to walk freely. Crime will never end in such country.

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Paracetamol01: 8:20am On Apr 12, 2023
Lemme book my own space first
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by thinkmoney(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
Very dump suggestion really. Politicians manage our commonwealth and future. We all should be politicians
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by IfnobeGod20: 8:24am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
Please young man, is politics a profession? Politics is a vocation. No wonder some people cannot survive outside politics because they've seen it as a profession. In a real sense it should be a part time job, you serve and go back to your profession but no way, Nigerians so called politicians must die there, even maim and kill Nigerians for it.
Everyone is a political animal no matter your profession. You know what those that are in custody of conducting election and those dispensing justice also have their own preferred candidates they would have wished to support but their positions handicapped them.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Krugisback(m): 8:26am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Good for her. She also said she respects Prof Wole Soyinka. Obidients are the one turning the whole thing to a battle.
shut up you insult the igbo not only obidient, you this yeyeba fool
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by cooljude(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2023
MilitantAtheist:
Why are senseless people giving this useless lesbian olosho attention? Because they're senseless, Imagine the bitch saying inec is fascist for referring aggrieved parties to court, imagine the bitch saying Prof made wrong use of the word when actually the ugly looking Mauritania man and obidiiots are threatening the CJN, Nigerian state and the President. This bitch is crazy, hopeless LOSERS

Argumentum and hominem...... When you don't have a point to argue, you insult the person.

She is married with a child, your smear campaign against her person will not change the truth. Whenever we as a people chose to work with only the truth irrespective of our personal interest, then this country will grow.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Mrnairalandd: 8:31am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:

She is forever stained as far as Nigeria is concerned.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Web2020: 8:32am On Apr 12, 2023
Because of tribal and religious sentiment, we now have a country where the victims of crime are being blamed while the criminal is allowed to walk freely. In such an environment, crimes will never end. The irony of this is if you are profiting from the criminals today, you will be a victim tomorrow. Criminals does not know tribe not religion.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Shattuck(m): 8:36am On Apr 12, 2023
PStacks:
Arise TV is located Inside Lagos South West Nigeria and this Same Station keeps brining people into their Studio to denigrate and Insult our own leaders from the South West we hold with so much Esteem and In High Repute and Regards.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was on Arise TV Yesterday and said and I quote

"Professor Wole Soyinka is not restrained in words himself".

These people at the slightest Oppourtunity ever, never cease to show how uncultured and Ill-mannered they are.

On Same Interview on Arise Tv, She mentioned she has a House in the USA and One in Lagos, I was so shocked she didn't mention she had a House in Anambra.

After she spoke Ill of Professor Wole Soyinka not being restraint in Words, she shoved a smile as if to giggle which is characteristic of someone that has done evil and knows it.

It was visible even blind eyes could see the interviewer was a fan to the unsettled lady he was interviewing.

At every given instance she catches her breath the Charles Guy interviewing her agrees with everything she says and also affirms everybody would agree with her.

That right there is exactly where the problem is from.

Obidients see themselves as "Everybody".

Obidients see themselves as larger than life.

Obidients think they should take my own decisions for me on my behalf.

Obidients believes what is good for them is what is good for "Everybody".

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie said her reason she chose Peter Obi as her candidate was because he had personally gone to pay Homage in the past to her father and Mother.

It's about her and them alone.

The World must revolve around her and her people alone because they are the special ones and choosen one's

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is the First Ever *Biafran-American* I know of.

If for anything I am so glad this 2023 Presidential Elections Exposed the Wolves in sheep clothing's amongst us. The Enemies within.

Those that Sleep, Eat and Drink with us but dont love us.

You have a House in Lagos and you are not for Bola Ahmed Tinubu a one time Governor of Lagos but you prefer a Peter Obi that can not guarantee Your Safety in Anambra.

Now that Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie got to make a trip to Nigeria, I can bet her itenery within Nigeria would be all about Lagos alone and maybe Abuja and nothing at all about Anambra and yet you Prefer Peter Obi to Bola Tinubu.

How these people seat logic in the Head Baffles me.

In this clip, I have taken my time to respond adequately and Robustly to her infamous Letter to the President of the Free-World Joe Biden.

I am so Dissapointed in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie to say the Least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qeP62HYSDo
look at your sense of reasoning, she has a house in Lagos, that means she should automatically support a drug lord, because the drug lord built the house for her. Tinubu supporters are some of the most foolish individuals their sense of reasoning makes you wonder what century you are in, in this time and day.

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Johnjustice: 8:36am On Apr 12, 2023
Somebody tell that little girl, she doesn't matter, it's her stupid Igbo fans that brings her news here, nairaland should stop putting news of that traitor on front page. Of course you bigots even support Kanu the terrorists, no one is surprised that you are against Soyinka.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by ennypita: 8:37am On Apr 12, 2023
Which one is it will stain her. The same mentality we have that has put this country Into mess. When good and intelligent people like you and other young great guys and ladies stay away from politics and we allow touts and thieves to get involves and rule us. We will never have a good nation if good people don't start speaking. Please let's start getting involve directly or indirectly support good people who are involve. This country is messed up already because we allow wicked people to be running tins.

8by6incherr:

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Krugisback(m): 8:38am On Apr 12, 2023
OriOko88:
grin
ekweremadu broke the law and hiq
Nzogbu people everywhere. Instead of Salamanda abi chimanda to rally round her brother ekweremadu whos about to join d long list of ibos in foreign prisons,she' and her deluded fans are busy fighting a lost battle.

She effing letters she wrote to the US should have been channeled to d UK using her influence to plead for leniency for Ekweremadu. Awon radarada gbogbo undecided
ekweremadu broke the law and he must pay for it you think igbo are accomodating bad things like yeyeba
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:40am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
Once u have d right to possess a voters card, automatically u are involved in politics.

Let dat sink in!
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Newnas(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2023
Millimann:

Yes, the same way it has stained the man prof.
Soyinka is already old. He has achieved all there is in his career. He has reached the point where controversy can do little or no damage to his reputation.

She's the one that still has a lot at stake. She's young and upcoming (believe it or not).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teacher Chuks / Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Ruona Meyer And Elnathan John Fight On Twitter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.