Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

“I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie (35756 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by ufotunang: 11:35am On Apr 12, 2023
Sultty:
make these people rest, know when to fight know when to scheme, know when to accept defeat etc. Na so so noise since February
..so we have to accept a presidential election that was rigged
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by sta1: 11:38am On Apr 12, 2023
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Sultty(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2023
ufotunang:
..so we have to accept a presidential election that was rigged
second placed PDP no shout reach u, don't let people who has d resources to be safe abroad destabilize the country for those without Japa resources by causing havoc. If the little peace enjoyed is disturbed by obi,adiche,obi_dense and co and there's chaos it's the poor that will suffer there will leave only to resurface later
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Jowonloju(m): 11:42am On Apr 12, 2023
That is purely your problem. Prof does not need you to agree.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by ogawisdom(m): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2023
SmallDick99:
I see Obidients being declared a terrorist group before the ending of this year!

This I have seen grin

Dey play
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by hollywater: 11:50am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Good she only disagrees.

She is so happy in that picture of her and the great Prof.
She is greater than the gun carrying prof.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by RolexOfGeneva(m): 11:52am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
I wish people can just focus on their jobs, Doctors should be Doctors, Lawyers should be Lawyers, Writers should be Writers they should leave Politics for Politicians
To destroy the country abi?
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by IjebuWarrior: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
JASONjnr:
This girl is very intelligent.....

If she's set to debate with Soyinka, he will be rubbished!

Typical Okoro Savage mentality...

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Larrysung(m): 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
theredaddy:

Datti cross the line, datti as no legal stand to interprete the law and adjudicate on a matter that is before the court,

What is the essence of going to court when you will be on national Tv to interprete the law

Does Datti have the competence and certification to interprete the law for Nigerians

Datti has the right to air his opinion but he has no right to give a verdict that, "if Tinubu is sworn in that is the end of democracy", that does not sound like "Opinion"

did Tinubu emerge without peoples vote or according to the only result out did Tinubu not win majority vote, so base on which result his Tinubu presidency unconstitutional.

justice is by evidence/facts not my cousin said' ... can i get a Yes daddy wink

Lol.. It's funny how you think Datti's statement where he said "If Tinubu is sworn in, That is the end of Democracy" is not opinionated. If he has the fact that Tinubu's ineligible and unconstitutionally not run as president, then so be it.

Wooo, all the best for one trying to prove a point jare
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Oksman(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
I wish people can just focus on their jobs, Doctors should be Doctors, Lawyers should be Lawyers, Writers should be Writers they should leave Politics for Politicians

If that's the case then BAT should just focus on being an accountant. cheesy
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by etrange: 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2023
I'm glad I watched this interview. She presented her disagreement in the most respectful manner.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by etrange: 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:

Do you even realize how ridiculous this sounds? You want the citizens being led to ignore the affairs of the leadership? You don't think they should have a say in the electoral process? So why bother having an election then? Why are you even making this comment expressing your wish? Why are you not focusing on whatever it is you do, and leave the politics thread for politicians? You express your views, concerns, etc., but when Amanda does the same, you suddenly feel politics should be left for politicians. Lol... honestly, when you guys criticize like this, I wonder what your thought process is.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Namigotalktru: 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
In as much as I respect this woman, involving in politics will stain her

She has always been a biafra supporter because she has no real sense.

The book that got her critical acclaim was plagiarised from a lady called Giwa, she annoyed the Americans that have been giving her the small money she’s using to make mouth when she spoke against their equality policies for lgbtq so she is now back to pandering to ipob for relevance.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Gajagojo: 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
priceactionx:
Oh I see on same arise interview matters. Good to see that she disagreed and not start treating people to boycott his book just because of hatred that some people grow up with. She has the right to disagree, it's her opinion and she is noted for that.
Wole is like a father to her in all ramifications and she won't descend so low to insult him just the way some want to create serious rancour between a father and a daughter. grin grin
You are voicing your wish and imagination
She will descend even lower
How is he like a father to her?
If she was taking photos with him it is because of gain motive. She saw advantage in that at the time.
How many writers especially of literature pursue self promotion and celebrity as she does
She has obvious sociopath personality traits
It is not by accident that she married a mixed race person
She needs to focus on writing stuff that matters
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by danvon(m): 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2023
etrange:

Do you even realize how ridiculous this sounds? You want the citizens being led to ignore the affairs of the leadership? You don't think they should have a say in the electoral process? So why bother having an election then? Why are you even making this comment expressing your wish? Why are you not focusing on whatever it is you do, and leave the politics thread for politicians? You express your views, concerns, etc., but when Amanda does the same, you suddenly feel politics should be left for politicians. Lol... honestly, when you guys criticize like this, I wonder what your thought process is.

Okay you guys are being intentionally ignorant

She wrote a letter to the United States President that was not 'expressing your views' something even Peter Obi and Obasanjo did not do.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by RPG2020(m): 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
In as much as I respect this woman, involving in politics will stain her

Keep your respeck to yourself and let her say the truth
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by sweetgala(m): 5:00pm On Apr 12, 2023
Larrysung:
I think one of the many reasons she disagrees is that Datti has the right to freely express his opinion. There was nothing unbecoming or demeaning in what Datti said about INEC electoral body.

I agree with how respectfully, she, disagrees with Prof Wole Soyinka.

No one cares about what Datti said about Tinubu, Mamoud or INEC or any other Nigerian for that matter, Anyone who is displeased can always approach the courts seeking redress for defamation,but what Datti said to the supreme court and his direct assault of the constitutional duty of the supreme court to adjudicate without fear or favor is what is being denounced. Not only was it prejudicial being a party to the case but it was offensive to the principles of democracy and fair hearing. The judges have already been threatened as their decisions have already been preconcluded by Datti as only just where it favours his party's prayers.

That this is not well understood is an injustice to what Wole Soyinka said, at no stage did the Prof say the elections were decent or perfect nor did he defend the failures of INEC or the character of Tinubu.
He made it clear he told Tinubu not to run likewise Atiku when both came for his blessings, however for any reasonable person to say Datti's assault of the supreme court does not amount to a call to sedition is
an example of dishonesty

1 Like

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by etrange: 5:03pm On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:

Okay you guys are being intentionally ignorant

She wrote a letter to the United States President that was not 'expressing your views' something even Peter Obi and Obasanjo did not do.

Apparently, it's all about perspectives. You agree with me that anyone can write a letter to the government of the country in which they live and pay tax, right? She is a resident of the US and she called out the government for romancing a leader that was, in her opinion, elected undemocratically.

She didn't just write the letter to report INEC to the US. She didn't just write the letter to any random western country like Canada or the UK. She wrote her own leaders a public letter just the way the Obasanjo you mentioned has been writing the Nigerian government and just the way you and I have the right to write a public letter to the Nigerian president.

So instead of viewing it as she writing the US government about Nigerian election, see it as her calling out her own government for what she perceived as hypocrisy. So yes, she was expressing her views, just not to the Nigerian government but to the US government.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by year2013: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
maivd:
She should channel her energy to ipob, one begins to wonder why she was not vocal against the Monday sit at home and the mass murder in the east by ugm. Would she have aired her opinion if the winner was from the west or north? She loves to hate Nigeria we don't need her bigotry opinion.
All her opinions should be forwarded to emma powerful.
Long live Peter Obi.

Dey play
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Indestructible: 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2023
Omo i been no ever get disdain for Soyinka,but latest happenings don dey paint a different picture.
I no even know if e still dey worthy to pc up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teacher Chuks / Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Ruona Meyer And Elnathan John Fight On Twitter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.