Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

“I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie (35753 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:42am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Not even in your wildest dreams.

What I don't like about her. She can be tribalistic and her love for gayism stuff puts people off.

In a video interview, she said she supports Peter Obi because she is an Igbo woman and Peter Obi is Igbo.
You lie!

Lai Muhammed disciple.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by GoodCane: 8:42am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

In a video interview, she said she supports Peter Obi because she is an Igbo woman and Peter Obi is Igbo.

Comments like this gets me angry. Like are you stupi.d or something?

MC oluomo that supported Tinubu because he is a Yoruba man nko? How about ffk, bayo, brymo and Soyinka who supported Tinubu because he is their fellow Yoruba man, so they are not tribal bigot? When a Yoruba supports Tinubu he or she isn't a tribal bigot bah?. But the moment an Igbo supports Obi he or she becomes a tribal bigot?
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Faposky95: 8:44am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
I wish people can just focus on their jobs, Doctors should be Doctors, Lawyers should be Lawyers, Writers should be Writers they should leave Politics for Politicians

Wrong....
Politics is for all
It could be left to political scientists, maybe....
Naija mentality
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by samkruzzi: 8:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Arabaincubus: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2023
maivd:
She should channel her energy to ipob, one begins to wonder why she was not vocal against the Monday sit at home and the mass murder in the east by ugm. Would she have aired her opinion if the winner was from the west or north? She loves to hate Nigeria we don't need her bigotry opinion.
All her opinions should be forwarded to emma powerful.
Long live Peter Obi.

We all love to hate Nigeria. It is a land of injustice and repugnant previous generations.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by sportskid(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2023
sleek214:
Coming from a Tribal Bigot

Low IQ....
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Arabaincubus: 8:56am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

What I don't like about her. She can be tribalistic and her love for gayism stuff puts people off.

I think you are suffering from undiagnosed myopia.

The problem you have with her is her impeccable command of the English language.

Professor Wole Soyinka suffers the same effect that comes with a good mastery of the English language but, Prof's problem is his ambivalence. He doesn't want to be caught supporting any side and so he equivocates.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Sultty(m): 8:58am On Apr 12, 2023
Shevchenkko:
Shut up. This nonsense is what has gotten us to the position of the poverty capital of the world
na so, campaign or smear campaign after election, learn to say put sometimes that's what pisses me off
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by EngrKemp: 8:58am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
In as much as I respect this woman, involving in politics will stain her

Na do una go dey talk rubbish..
If good people no invikve in politics na bad ppl go dey rule Nigeria..

If u don't v any good to say,u keep mute.

Allow good ppl to involve in politics so Nigeria can be good
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Randy100: 9:01am On Apr 12, 2023
danvon:
I wish people can just focus on their jobs, Doctors should be Doctors, Lawyers should be Lawyers, Writers should be Writers they should leave Politics for Politicians
Myopic mindset. Man by nature is a political animal. There is politics in everything you do.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by fredoooooo: 9:04am On Apr 12, 2023
He strongly disagree with you too ..
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by maivd: 9:04am On Apr 12, 2023
Arabaincubus:

We all love to hate Nigeria. It is a land of injustice and repugnant previous generations.
Not everyone hates Nigeria,some us believe we will overcome.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by HBB1(m): 9:04am On Apr 12, 2023
Arabaincubus:

I think you are suffering from undiagnosed myopia.

The problem you have with her is her impeccable command of the English language.

Professor Wole Soyinka suffers the same effect that comes with a good mastery of the English language but, Prof's problem is his ambivalence. He doesn't want to be caught supporting any side and so he equivocates.

He doesn't want to be caught supporting any side?

I guess you don't know Soyinka's history or you were born yesterday.

He is a radical and does not give 2 hoots what anybody thinks.

His past shows this and more.

I am sure you will be most proud of yourself if you were just a 10th, the man he is.

But I know you can't understand.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by barinedan(m): 9:18am On Apr 12, 2023
In order to maintain the respect people have for her, she should stay far away from politics, Nigerian politics stains
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by goodness4ever(m): 9:19am On Apr 12, 2023
priceactionx:
Oh I see on same arise interview matters. Good to see that she disagreed and not start treating people to boycott his book just because of hatred that some people grow up with. She has the right to disagree, it's her opinion and she is noted for that.
Wole is like a father to her in all ramifications and she won't descend so low to insult him just the way some want to create serious rancour between a father and a daughter. grin grin
You are on point.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by everythinggirly(f): 9:19am On Apr 12, 2023
Good for her.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Tflex01: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2023
PulaPower:
Mtchew..

This pained Shima-radarada is voicing out her agony. What is paining her is not the interview..

What’s paining her is the image below - it started from Ashunu Ashebi then got passed onto her, alas! , it’s not fast spreading in their region..

The most unfortunate thing for them is that there’s absolutely nothing they can do about it, except to be waking up everyday to bitterness & sadness!

Ashunu Ashebi grin cheesy

Damn! cheesy
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by ComeToJesus: 9:42am On Apr 12, 2023
sleek214:
Coming from a Tribal Bigot

Most of you guys on this platform use the word 'bigot' carelessly. You might not even know the meaning..
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by PHZADDY1(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

This rejection of National hon our by Adichie e pain u seriously...Please stay safe and avoid having snipers so close
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Dittodat: 9:51am On Apr 12, 2023
IPOB brainwashed hoe. Tribal bigot.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 12, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/TheoAbuAgada/status/1645891900312895489?s=20

Who is she to agree or disagree with Prof Soyinka?

Nonentities are pushing her too far.

One thousand ants cannot lift a cube of sugar, they can only perambulate and confuse themselves the more.

Her professional father tried gods we know how it ended.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by luluman: 10:20am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Good for her. She also said she respects Prof Wole Soyinka. Obidients are the one turning the whole thing to a battle.
I concur
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by IbileIfe: 10:46am On Apr 12, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/TheoAbuAgada/status/1645891900312895489?s=20

People often disagree to agree later.

Trust Wole, if she agree, he go Wole straight. grin
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by shonepa(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2023
Fine, but she was asked about Datti Baba interview with the Arise TV.

Soyinka criticised Dattis comments on Channels TV.

Those two interviews are completely different.

priceactionx:
Oh I see on same arise interview matters. Good to see that she disagreed and not start treating people to boycott his book just because of hatred that some people grow up with. She has the right to disagree, it's her opinion and she is noted for that.
Wole is like a father to her in all ramifications and she won't descend so low to insult him just the way some want to create serious rancour between a father and a daughter. grin grin
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Adakintroy: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2023
priceactionx:

Which one be father daughter. Una don see fellow educated English speaker that you ccan not call stupid or insult with big words and will stick so you say father daughter. You cant push this one around intellectually so its a truce.

if na one random uche say the same. He for be tribalist or iPod.

Wole don meet him match. Make him enter arena.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Adgraced: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

its either you did not watch the interview or you do not understand english
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Menclothing: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2023
Best deals in men clothing Dm
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Elidrisy20: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2023
I don't know why black ipob are very stubborn
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Phoen1X: 11:28am On Apr 12, 2023
8by6incherr:
In as much as I respect this woman, involving in politics will stain her
And it wont stain soyinka ?.
Re: “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie by Dbegining: 11:28am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Guy, I see that you're just a paid agent of fake news and propaganda for the APC.

But at least, do it well. A simple Google search shower that that quote doesn't exist. And in the arise interview she categorically stated that she doesn't support PO because she is Igbo.

But that's not the main issue sef. Is anything she said wrong? Both in the interview and the letter to Joe Biden, is anything she said false?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teacher Chuks / Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Ruona Meyer And Elnathan John Fight On Twitter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.