Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses (43416 Views)

Facts About Living In "Face Me I Face You Apartment"? / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Share Your Face Me I Face You Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by stevebond007(m): 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
AsomStructures :

You can add yours 😂😂😂

At least credit the writer na...🙄
Twitter @lolaokunrin

1 Like

Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by Bigbayour: 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
Nazgul:
One thing I was made to understand about that kind of environment is that people living there hardly prosper...I may be wrong though na hear I hear am.

I started from there. Infact I left there in 2013, and today I am a Millionaire.

God bear me witness.....

Sometimes it is good to start from such background. You will know the value of money and reason why you should never be poor again...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by cigaricon(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
Benitoh:
Asomstructure you must have lived inside face me i face you yard for a very long time, because your details are 99% accurate. grin grin grin
You too must have lived in face me I face you to know that he's 99% accurate grin
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by NemoDatQuod(m): 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2023
It depends on one's definition of prosperity. It is the extremely poor of heart and mind who define prosperity as the number or size of material things they possess. A very short existence of 70 or 80 years is evidence that material possession as evidence of prosperity is far worse than striving after the wind. I have been in those environments on multiple occasions in the distant past when visiting friends. A good number of those who live in such places are devoid of greed and avarice, satisfied with having a roof over their heads, value good education for their children if they can afford it, and generally get on with living until their time is up. The young amongst them do not spend all of their lives there as they grow, move and build their own families.

I clearly remember the envy I always felt whenever I visited, at the simplicity of their lives. Yes, there are probably quarrels as stated here by some. There are disagreements and gossip and all that. But those are better than innate greed and avarice including a desire to get rich at all costs.
We must each reassess our definition of what a successful life is while there is still time. We don't want to get to the end of our days and finally realise the truthfulness of the words penned by our manufacturer : "vanity and striving after the wind".

Nazgul:
One thing I was made to understand about that kind of environment is that people living there hardly prosper...I may be wrong though na hear I hear am.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by SimeonOTC(m): 5:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
Heroicvic:
Omo I was the one that posted this only for nairaland mods to bring it down

I'm seeing the exact content and I'm not even joking at all

See you in court @op and nairaland owner @seun

even you, you copied it from somewhere.

I saw this same exact content on facebook 2 weeks againgrin
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by mipeesoft(m): 5:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
If you ever lived in a face to face house that has upstairs Omo you don live for another world bi dat. If you live in such place you must have broad experience about life.
Kudos to the author
AsomStructures:
1. It’s sometimes called Face Me I slap you due to the incessant fights daily. E ma ja ju. If you don’t fight, someone will fight you. You must fight. "Ta lo gbe omi ti mo pon sibi?" (Ija de).

2. You can never go hungry unless you don’t know your way around. Enter the kitchen at the backyard and start whining who’s cooking. Drop small gist about another neighbor, walahi waa jeun ju. Gbenusi no be atenu.

Output - Gbeborun
Input - Food

3. There’s always that man who will claim he has been living in the house before the house was even built. They are always proud of the years they have lived there. They know everyone and when they were given birth to. (Ancestor Tenant)

4. There will be this group of girls living together. They are always at home during the day except at night. Mothers always warn their children not to enter their room. "Ti mo ba ri e ninu yara awon Anti yen, maa fe lu e daku" but these sisters are always kind. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

5. There must be an old woman who settles a fight. Mama of the house. She is always sitting outside monitoring what is happening on the street. In most cases, she's the landlady. They always have nicknames like "Iya Jeje" "Iya Kofewahala" "Iya Cele".

6. There’s always a landlord wannabe whom everyone hates. He acts like the landlord and he’s always like “Don’t pour waste there” “Pay your nepa bill” and "We will lock this gate by

7pm" bla bla. You will think his name is in the Landlord's will but he's a tenant too. Gboromideleru

8. There must be a regular debtor who doesn’t pay his bills on time, he pays January bills by April. Always coming up with excuses. "My mama just die", the same thing he said last year. Ogbontarigi onigbese

9. One rich tenant must be in the house, he will keep buying things his landlord can never afford. He owes small rent but he’s using 4 ACs, 2 deep freezers, 17 flatscreen TVs, and 54 generators. The landlord hates him but he can't send him away because omo buruku lojo tie.

10. There’s always that Single Aunty who is neat. She will be between 35 to 40 years, speaks good English, and doesn’t like to mingle with other women in the house. (Children call her Aunty). It is the day you look for her trouble you will know that werey wa nle.

10. Every Face Me I face you comes with a fight merchant who can fight till tomorrow. Always representing home and away (Street Fighter). Fijabi igboro 🙌. She will always come home with torn singlets. Werey tun ti lo ja. Everyone in the compound fears her. Even her parents.

11. Nepa bill fight ✅, waste bill fight ✅, rent increment fight ✅, I entered the bathroom before you fight ✅, you poured water at my doorstep fight ✅, you beat my child fight ✅, you sent my child on an errand fight ✅, you talked about me behind my back fight
your wife beat my wife fight ✅, you are dating my husband fight ✅, you used my water fight ✅
At least, 16 fights per month. Tenanté de WWE 🙌.

12. There’s this big boy who brings different girls home, fine room. Always disturbing everyone with loudspeakers

13. There’s always a Gbeborun-General of the whole house. She sees everything, knows everything, and gossips about everything. The moment you hear "shey e ti gbo", just know you are getting served. Her name is always mentioned during every fight. Olofofo

14. Every morning, parents spend 5 hours bath one child outside. These boys are strong. I no dey bath, na by force

15. Sunday meetings are always like this. The landlord is on the high table and everyone keeps ranting and ranting. After 465 suggestions, the landlord won't do any. No item 7 sha o.

16. Every house has that woman that can send children on errands ehn. All the children dislike her. The moment she enters the passage or calls a name, the children will run into their rooms and act like they are asleep. She will never go anywhere herself afi bi afishe.

17. So far it's a Face Me I face you in Bariga, you will always see this tanker everymonth. Awon kogbe kogbe. The entire street will smell for days but o ti mo wa lara.

18. There's always a woman who uses song to insult people during a fight. These people can be very talented. She will use the song to insult and kickstart a fight.

You can add yours 😂😂😂
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by SimeonOTC(m): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2023
PotatoSalad:
I lived in a face me house for few months during service before I moved to a better place.
It was so bad that people only visited me once hahaha. You had to pass 3 corridors and 2 corners before getting to my side 🤣. You pass through people cooking and doing their business.

When it rained, the walls got damp nd cold af.
Upon I like cleanliness, that wasn't the same case for my neighbors. My room was always neat but I dey kill roaches on a daily.
Obiagu, Enugu grin

I moved after 6 months.

hahahahhahhaha...omo you see that cockroach? aaahhhhhhh... every night, na pa! pa!! pa!!! for cockroach headgrin

omo, we thank God for today. E no easy.. my babe of 4yrs dump my ass when she enter my face me I slap you cribgrin

shaii, back then in schoolgrin
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by enoch273: 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
No truer words, the oraimo freepod 4 is best suited for such environments, it gets you immersed in the comforts of unbeatable sound experience.

Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by Theactor(m): 5:39pm On Apr 13, 2023
Bigbayour:

I started from there. Infact I left there in 2013, and today I am a Millionaire.

God bear me witness.....

Sometimes it is good to start from such background. You will know the value of money and reason why you should never be poor again...

pls Sir, did u have any available job,I will be glad if there is sir,what am facing now is what is know as shege banza in this part of the world
thanks sir.
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by ajebuter(f): 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
First time l actually read someone's view on Nairaland to the end and laughed all through

Especially with the Yoruba Ajasa included

I haven't lived in the described scenario in 40 years ( no bragging) but l see the scenarios play out in nearby houses

Guy, l couldn't stop laughing reading through this piece grin grin

Well done dude

I pray everyone moves from face-me-l-slap you homes to their own homes loruko Jesu

2 Likes

Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by Burgerlomo: 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2023
AsomStructures:
1. It’s sometimes called Face Me I slap you due to the incessant fights daily. E ma ja ju. If you don’t fight, someone will fight you. You must fight. "Ta lo gbe omi ti mo pon sibi?" (Ija de).

2. You can never go hungry unless you don’t know your way around. Enter the kitchen at the backyard and start whining who’s cooking. Drop small gist about another neighbor, walahi waa jeun ju. Gbenusi no be atenu.

Output - Gbeborun
Input - Food

3. There’s always that man who will claim he has been living in the house before the house was even built. They are always proud of the years they have lived there. They know everyone and when they were given birth to. (Ancestor Tenant)

4. There will be this group of girls living together. They are always at home during the day except at night. Mothers always warn their children not to enter their room. "Ti mo ba ri e ninu yara awon Anti yen, maa fe lu e daku" but these sisters are always kind. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

5. There must be an old woman who settles a fight. Mama of the house. She is always sitting outside monitoring what is happening on the street. In most cases, she's the landlady. They always have nicknames like "Iya Jeje" "Iya Kofewahala" "Iya Cele".

6. There’s always a landlord wannabe whom everyone hates. He acts like the landlord and he’s always like “Don’t pour waste there” “Pay your nepa bill” and "We will lock this gate by

7pm" bla bla. You will think his name is in the Landlord's will but he's a tenant too. Gboromideleru

8. There must be a regular debtor who doesn’t pay his bills on time, he pays January bills by April. Always coming up with excuses. "My mama just die", the same thing he said last year. Ogbontarigi onigbese

9. One rich tenant must be in the house, he will keep buying things his landlord can never afford. He owes small rent but he’s using 4 ACs, 2 deep freezers, 17 flatscreen TVs, and 54 generators. The landlord hates him but he can't send him away because omo buruku lojo tie.

10. There’s always that Single Aunty who is neat. She will be between 35 to 40 years, speaks good English, and doesn’t like to mingle with other women in the house. (Children call her Aunty). It is the day you look for her trouble you will know that werey wa nle.

10. Every Face Me I face you comes with a fight merchant who can fight till tomorrow. Always representing home and away (Street Fighter). Fijabi igboro 🙌. She will always come home with torn singlets. Werey tun ti lo ja. Everyone in the compound fears her. Even her parents.

11. Nepa bill fight ✅, waste bill fight ✅, rent increment fight ✅, I entered the bathroom before you fight ✅, you poured water at my doorstep fight ✅, you beat my child fight ✅, you sent my child on an errand fight ✅, you talked about me behind my back fight
your wife beat my wife fight ✅, you are dating my husband fight ✅, you used my water fight ✅

12. There’s this big boy who brings different girls home, fine room. Always disturbing everyone with loudspeakers

13. There’s always a Gbeborun-General of the whole house. She sees everything, knows everything, and gossips about everything. The moment you hear "shey e ti gbo", just know you are getting served. Her name is always mentioned during every fight. Olofofo

14. Every morning, parents spend 5 hours bath one child outside. These boys are strong. I no dey bath, na by force

15. Sunday meetings are always like this. The landlord is on the high table and everyone keeps ranting and ranting. After 465 suggestions, the landlord won't do any. No item 7 sha o.

16. Every house has that woman that can send children on errands ehn. All the children dislike her. The moment she enters the passage or calls a name, the children will run into their rooms and act like they are asleep. She will never go anywhere herself afi bi afishe.

17. So far it's a Face Me I face you in Bariga, you will always see this tanker everymonth. Awon kogbe kogbe. The entire street will smell for days but o ti mo wa lara.

18. There's always a woman who uses song to insult people during a fight. These people can be very talented. She will use the song to insult and kickstart a fight.

You can add yours 😂😂😂

Lol, "Ta lo gbe omi ti mo pon sibi?" Crack me up badly 😂🤣😂🤣😂👍
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by geezyk(m): 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2023
Heroicvic:

You sef go lift am from Twitter, both of una be thief.
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by olukaygold(m): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
KingLarry04:
i get half plot, lets talk
Call or WhatsApp +2348162907678
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by sacajawea: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
iamdapsyj:

I know.....but I'm talking about this specific one that the OP posted. It's is someone's write up and it won't take him anything to just acknowledge his source.

And na this kind OP will be screaming at the top of their voice that things are not going on well or their are bad leaders but we don't look within ....
That is exactly what I'm saying!
As an experienced & intelligent, powerful Psychologist, sociologist... I draw a connection to that face me I face you life and behaviour, influencing him to doing that.
Taking a Post, and not seeing any need for referencing the original author
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by OLULAW: 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
Nazgul:

You are very, very wrong. Many people lived in this and worst conditions. It propelled them to work hard in school and aspired to become great in life. They wanted to escape that kind of lifestyle and they worked assiduously to make it in life. That was when education, in Nigeria, was a ladder for upward social mobility. Nigeria has since changed, and going to university and bagging degree(s), these days, no longer necessarily catapult you out of poverty.
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by OLULAW: 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2023
OP do you know that, in the hands of literary giant, what you have written is a blueprint for a literary text? I hope a writer is reading this. grin grin grin
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by jidxin(m): 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
Vijuchoco:
Which uncle? I lived with educated and enlightened neighbors.. There was love especially on our block
yes that love... Love between house uncles
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by Goddyrichie(m): 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
AsomStructures:

Output - Gbeborun
Input - Food

You can add yours 😂😂😂
copy copy wenti I don read 4 facebook few weeks ago na e u copy and paste here
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by Goddyrichie(m): 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2023
lavylilly:
Those who have stayed in Face me I face you can relate
1- Those who have 1stclass in gossiping, they can gossip a ghost and the ghost wont be aware
2- The ones who are very poor but produce kids like wetin I no know
3- That single sister who is very accommodating, I mean she accommodates new guys every night..what a cheerful giver
4- That sister who will never give her hair breathing space, always tying scarf
5- The most superior womanizers, this set of people don't have taste, from fair to dark, slender, fat, tall even dwarfs
6- That one man that is always challenging the landlord cos the house has only one toilet ,like he came to this world to shit
7- The very proud ones, just because they married wives with big bum they think they should automatically earn your respect
8- That very ugly man who surprisingly has a pretty wife,sometimes one would wonder like 'how did he even say it, like how he take toast am'
9- The Profs-- These ones have refused to marry, they do all chores themselves from sweeping to washing and fetching water. They can cook all type of soups- Oha, Ogbono, Okro...name it but they can be very stingy, I mean they can trace their missing 10naira back to a thousand kilometers.
10- The borrowers- They can borrow anything salt, broom, toothpaste, tie even your life if possible. They are the only set of people who can knock on your door in the middle of the night just to say 'Abeg una get matches
see as u cast me with d number 10 u too bad

1 Like

Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by MOGPman(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2023
There is always a child of God in such a compound, who occasionally gets distutbed by constant sound of knackings!
AsomStructures:

Output - Gbeborun
Input - Food

You can add yours 😂😂😂
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by TenQ: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2023
Nazgul:
That's not true.

Young people starting out have a place close to their job or hustle place.

But don't stay long. It's just a stepping stone
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by texannaija: 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
Georgejeez:

Up till today I still find myself brushing outside my flat and even go outside the gate to urinate in front of a bush ,, cos I prefer breeze blowing me while doing my things .

No be my fault na Face me I whooze you spoil me

Chaiii!. You see that brushing, I had to stop after sometime because madam no gree but you see that piss own eh!!!. Breeze blowing you when you dey “empty the bladder” is one of the best feelings ever oooo. Make nobody underrate that level oo…. grin
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by maasoap(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
debbydams:
you are right but some houses are bad, I rented an apartment when I was In osogbo, omor that house is a set back house, I left osogbo because of that

The same reason I don’t want to leave the house I'm at the moment for another unless I'm moving out to my own house. Even though the landlady believe that we should be responsible for the maintenance which doesn't really bother me, contribute half of the money new pumping machine despite paying a debit of 200k on our installed prepaid meter.
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by maasoap(m): 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
placeofallure:

You are very wrong.

Infact I was smiling as I read through everything the writer said cause I can relate. I have lived in that kinda environment. I was born there and grew up there and every character the OP described was present in our house. We do fight but those fights never last beyond hours. And if an outsider dared to fight anyone among us, he is in deep trouble.

We have eaten sacrifices too but we're good. You know that thing they call "saara", we don chop am. We're plenty. There was no house in our neighborhood then that could boast of about 50 or 60 children except our house. Even from the nearby streets, they come and hire or rent us to come and eat saara and our parents oblige gladly. grin grin Damn!

Fond memories, fond thoughts.

Confirmed!
But sadly, no parents would allow their kids to go and eat "saarah" today. Things have gone worse, no one trust the next door neighbour
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by Melagros(m): 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
AsomStructures:

Output - Gbeborun
Input - Food

You can add yours 😂😂😂
Op you de craze oo
..in fact you mad oo grin
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by Melagros(m): 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2023
Heroicvic:

Hahaha pele...they don rig out grin

1 Like

Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by MorataFC: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
KnowledgePower7:

Victor Oshimen lived in a face me I slap u house for 12 years.
He was selling pure water in Lagos traffic

Go and ask him if he prospered..

Infact
I'm very sure you can't even afford flight ticket to go to Italy and ask Oshimen that question
I like your response, with a huge sense of humour.
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by olsheye: 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2023
why does this picture look like oke aro in akure
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by jubrilELsudan: 11:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
FVCK IS TOO MUCH THERE

I REMEMBER WHEN I LIVED IN FACE ME I FACE YOU....I FVCKED ALL THE WOMEN THERE INCLUDING MY LANDLORD'S WIFE AND HIS MOTHER

Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by Babafamous(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
Nah bro, that's the gist you heard from the people who lives in a glass house. Face me i face you go make you hustle your a..s..s off to be a better person in life because you sure don't want your kids to go thru the same thing in life. I'm a product of face me I face you sir. 18yrs no be joke but we don't look like our struggle. Alhamdulilah!!!

One thing I was made to understand about that kind of environment is that people living there hardly prosper...I may be wrong though na hear I hear am.[/quote]
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by OkayDaddy: 12:34am On Apr 14, 2023
Crafteck1:
Nothing funny here... With the way lagos is going, without price control, thats where everyone is heading. Im leaving my current 2bed of 3 yrs on mainland cos landlord decided adding 40 percent rent was fair, almost every apartment is now too small for proper and adequate living condition but get the charge 2 to 3 times the value, when a 3 bedroom in mushin requests for 2 million per annum, it means an office worker earning less than 1m per month cant pay it easily, how many people earn such, how much are businesses aroumd there paying, this is the trickled down effect of the legacy tinubu left, people charge as much as possible out of desperate people.

Blame Tinubu for everything, even your poverty and inability to pay your rent. Why don't you move into your father's house?
Your mates are building plazas, you are here talking rubbish.
Re: Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses by Heroicvic(m): 2:53am On Apr 14, 2023
geezyk:
You sef go lift am from Twitter, both of una be thief.

You be mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Lagos In Google Map View / People Occupy Uncompleted Buildings In Port-Harcourt. (wit Pic] / People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.