Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope (1892 Views)

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. / Why Dating Younger Girls Is Purely Waste Of Time / Lady Gets Engaged After 7 Days Fasting And Prayer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by OperationalVehi: 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2023
Hello good afternoon. i sincerly wish to express what i have tried, experienced and observed.
Brothers and sisters, Fasting and most especially praying is a waste of time.
you may not agree with me but it still doesnt change the fact that fasting is a total was of time, pleasure and human productivity.

You starve yourself, deny your self pleasures designed by nature to make your life comfortable. You believe a certain divine being needs your discomfort before he can assist you. You of all ''people'' among over 7 billion people angry ...ok lets even put that aside.
You fast from dawn to evening only to think about how you will celebrate the end of fasting and go back to your old way of life.. isnt it obvious that you wasted your time denying your self the basics of life?

Your progenitors prayed, your parents prayed for a better country, lol look at us. I don fast and pray for Nigerian when i was a kid.
i grew up believing maybe i was fasting and praying wrongly. What about other people that has been praying, if my own prayers dont get answered, what happened to the prayers of those in the Mosques and the Churches sad ?

this is coming from a person that used to fast and pray

5 Likes

Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 4:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
If anyone prayed for a better country, and you think GOD didn't answer, check yourself.

For a country to be better, you'd need the leaders to be better.
If it's about social amenities, Nigeria is not broke to afford them. But are they on the right scale? No.

So, if you have been praying for Nigeria to get better, in whose hands are the "betterment" you are praying for landing?
When the"betterment" lands, are they utilizing them?

So, if you pray, you watch as well.
Don't pray like an hypocrite.

6 Likes

Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Efuaye(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
Fasting and prayers work!
It is never a waste of time, regardless of the religion you practice, sir!
I am proof that God answers prayers.
Prayers, go with trust, submission, faith, hope, belief, patience, long-suffering, etc

11 Likes

Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Sheflex4real(m): 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2023
No offence to OP.....
Those two you mentioned above " Fasting & Praying " with God's mercy is the reason why I'm still living... Growing up in this country, I don't think anyone has it worst than I do. I literary use to have the worst luck ever. But ever since I stop trying to do it all on my own and put my whole trust in God. I now live the kind of life that people look at and call me lucky. Yes this country can use a lot of upgrades but in my personal opinion, its not as bad for me as it use to be. All thanks to Allah.

3 Likes

Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
OperationalVehi:
■ i grew up believing maybe i was fasting and praying wrongly. What about other people that has been praying, if my own prayers dont get answered, what happened to the prayers of those in the Mosques and the Churches sad ? this is coming from a person that used to fast and pray
1. Unless your goal is weight loss, these fasting and praying rituals are indeed a total waste of time and mental energy. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
Efuaye:
■ Fasting and prayers work! It is never a waste of time, regardless of the religion you practice, sir!
I am proof that God answers prayers. Prayers, go with trust, submission, faith, hope, belief, patience, long-suffering, etc
1. Please stop lying! The same God who you claim answers your prayers said

■ He does want, and never asked for any of your starvation-diet fasts and prayer rituals. He ought right declared that He does not answer when you do these things pretending you do so in His name - Isaiah 58 & Zechariah 7. So are we to believe here and now that God is instead a liar? undecided
■ God said that He does not answer the prayers of sinners, making it known that the prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him. What this all means is that so long as you are not first holy, and then righteous, God will never answer any of your pleas, not even your seeks for the forgiveness of your sins. And no amount of your fasting rituals can cause God to change His mind since He already made it known that those rituals hold no meaning. So, again, are you certain you are connected to the right God? undecided
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ If anyone prayed for a better country, and you think GOD didn't answer, check yourself. For a country to be better, you'd need the leaders to be better. If it's about social amenities, Nigeria is not broke to afford them. But are they on the right scale? No. So, if you have been praying for Nigeria to get better, in whose hands are the "betterment" you are praying for landing?
When the"betterment" lands, are they utilizing them? So, if you pray, you watch as well. Don't pray like an hypocrite.
1. For a country to churn out good leaders, the people need to be of equally good calibre. I say that to mean that what you have as leaders is nothing but a reflection of the kind of people that Nigerians are in general. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. For a country to churn out good leaders, they people need to be of equally good quality. I say that to mean that what you have as leaders is nothing but a reflection of the kind of people that Nigerians are in general. undecided

Point of correction, the kind of leaders Nigeria has or produced is not a reflection of who the people are.

What was someone like Osinbajo pushed aside for?
Why didn't people value candidates like Professor Pat Utomi?
Is that a reflection of who you are?
What could you have done about it?
So, if that defines you, it doesn't define me.
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ Point of correction, the kind of leaders Nigeria has or produced is not a reflection of who the people are.
■ What was someone like Osinbajo pushed aside for? Why didn't people value candidates like Professor Pat Utomi? Is that a reflection of who you are? What could you have done about it? So, if that defines you, it doesn't define me.
1. Oh, it most definitely is! Look around you at the populace... majority waits for his turn to chop clean mouth in that country, same as their leaders. undecided

2. Una dey too like whine una self. What did the one man do when given the opportunity to make a difference at any level? What did the other accomplish at the grassroots level to show that he is any different from the others who were given power? Abegi make we hear word o'jare! undecided
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Oh, it most definitely is! Look around you at the populace... majority waits for his turn to chop clean mouth in that country, same as their leaders. undecided

2. Una dey too like whine una self. What did the one man do when given the opportunity to make a difference at any level? What did the other accomplish at the grassroots level to show that he is any different from the others who were given power? Abegi make we hear word o'jare! undecided

Go make your research.
I won't argue with your type long.
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:

That's it… people look at the face, but GOD searches the heart.
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Go make your research. I won't argue with your type long.
Westerhoffe:
That's it… people look at the face, but GOD searches the heart.
What kind of responses are these abeg? undecided
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Please stop lying! The same God who you claim answers your prayers said

■ He does want, and never asked for any of your starvation-diet fasts and prayer rituals. He ought right declared that He does not answer when you do these things pretending you do so in His name - Isaiah 58 & Zechariah 7. So are we to believe here and now that God is instead a liar? undecided
■ God said that He does not answer the prayers of sinners, making it known that the prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him. What this all means is that so long as you are not first holy, and then righteous, God will never answer any of your pleas, not even your seeks for the forgiveness of your sins. And no amount of your fasting rituals can cause God to change His mind since He already made it known that those rituals hold no meaning. So, again, are you certain you are connected to the right God? undecided

And the same GOD said, whosoever calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.
He also said, whosoever comes to Him He shall in no wise cast out.

Think properly and understand the Bible before quoting.

When the men on Nineveh, who do not even have any idea of the GOD that Jonah came to proclaim about humbled themselves, fasted and prayed, did GOD not hear them and changed His mind and turn away the evil proclaimed against the land and its inhabitants?

You don't decide GOD'S next move, choice or decision by your self righteousness my friend.
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 9:25pm On Apr 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ And the same GOD said, whosoever calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.
■ He also said, whosoever comes to Him He shall in no wise cast out. Think properly and understand the Bible before quoting.
■ When the men on Nineveh, who do not even have any idea of the GOD that Jonah came to proclaim about humbled themselves, fasted and prayed, did GOD not hear them and changed His mind and turn away the evil proclaimed against the land and its inhabitants? You don't decide GOD'S next move, choice or decision by your self righteousness my friend.
1. Think properly and understand scripture before quoting it — your own advice undecided
When God said that which Paul quoted in his epistle in Romans 10, God, in fact, said it in reference to His people, Israel, and you know what God in fact said? Well, see the below passage. undecided
14 [/b]You leaders in Jerusalem should listen to the Lord’s message, but now you refuse to listen to him.
[b]15
You have said, “We have made an agreement with death. We have a contract with death. So we will not be punished. Punishment will pass us without hurting us. We will hide behind our tricks and lies.”
16 Because of these things, the Lord God says, “I will put a rock—a cornerstone—in the ground in Zion. This will be a very precious stone. Everything will be built on this very important rock. Anyone who trusts in that rock will not be disappointed. - Isaiah 28 vs 14 - 16
And as Jesus Christ, the Rock referenced in that passage from Isaiah, explained in His Gospel,
■ those of the sinners of Israel who live in disobedience(sin) of His teachings and commandments are of their father, the devil, whereas, only those who choose to live their lives in continuous submission to His teachings and commandments, God's Truth, will eventually through a knowing of the Truth be set free by the Truth and transformed into Sons of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44.
■ those who trust (Love) the Lord are those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments — the righteous— they are the ones God's love is stored up for - John 14 vs 15 - 23 & John 15 vs 7 - 11.

God no be any man mumu! undecided

2. Indeed, Jesus Christ will not cast out even the goats in His Kingdom as He leaves the judgment of all things until the end after He returns to judge all the sheep and goats in His Kingdom - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

3. Again, think properly and understand scripture before quoting it — your own advice
1. Then the Lord spoke to Jonah again and said,
2 “Go to that big city Nineveh, and say what I tell you.”
3 So Jonah obeyed the Lord and went to Nineveh. It was a very large city. A person had to walk for three days to travel through it.”
4 Jonah went to the center of the city and began speaking to the people. He said, “After 40 days, Nineveh will be destroyed!
5 The people of Nineveh believed God. They decided to stop eating for a time to think about their sins. They put on special clothes to show they were sorry. All the people in the city did this, from the most important to the least important.
6 When the king of Nineveh heard about this, he left his throne, removed his robe, put on special clothes to show that he was sorry, and sat in ashes.
7 The king wrote a special message and sent it throughout the city: A command from the king and his great rulers: For a short time no person or animal should eat anything. No herd or flock will be allowed in the fields. Nothing living in Nineveh will eat or drink water.
8 But every person and every animal must be covered with a special cloth to show they are sad. People must cry loudly to God. Everyone must change their life and stop doing bad things.
9 Who knows? Maybe God will stop being angry and change his mind, and we will not be punished.
10 God saw what the people did. He saw that they stopped doing evil. So God changed his mind and did not do what he planned. He did not punish the people. - Jonah 3 vs 1 - 10
Here are important things to get from the above passage
■ God's intention was to destroy the city of Nineveh; We read of God destroying other cities/Nations in like manner as a result of their evil doing. His ruling against Nineveh or any of the other nations has nothing to do with His Law which He gave for individuals to live by.
■ The King of Nineveh took a gander when he proclaimed fasting throughout the land in hopes that it would quell God's anger.
■ In verse 10 however, what quelled God's anger against them was not their individual fasting but instead that the city as a collective stopped doing evil which was God's complaint against the people...
1- 2 The Lord spoke to Jonah[a] son of Amittai: “Nineveh[b] is a big city. I have heard about the many evil things the people are doing there. So go there and tell them to stop doing such evil things. - Jonah 1 vs 1 - 2
God did not answer the prayer of the Ninevites nor did God care much for their rituals. The people changed from doing evil to no longer doing evil .... that was what caused God to stay His anger against them. undecided
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Think properly and understand scripture before quoting it — your own advice undecided
When God said that which Paul quoted in his epistle in Romans 10, God, in fact, said it in reference to His people, Israel, and you know what God in fact said? Well, see the below passage. undecided
And as Jesus Christ, the Rock referenced in that passage from Isaiah, explained in His Gospel,
■ those of the sinners of Israel who live in disobedience(sin) of His teachings and commandments are of their father, the devil, whereas, only those who choose to live their lives in continuous submission to His teachings and commandments, God's Truth, will eventually through a knowing of the Truth be set free by the Truth and transformed into Sons of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44.
■ those who trust (Love) the Lord are those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments — the righteous— they are the ones God's love is stored up for - John 14 vs 15 - 23 & John 15 vs 7 - 11.

God no be any man mumu! undecided

2. Indeed, Jesus Christ will not cast out even the goats in His Kingdom as He leaves the judgment of all things until the end after He returns to judge all the sheep and goats in His Kingdom - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

3. Again, think properly and understand scripture before quoting it — your own advice
Here are important things to get from the above passage
■ God's intention was to destroy the city of Nineveh; We read of God destroying other cities/Nations in like manner as a result of their evil doing. His ruling against Nineveh or any of the other nations has nothing to do with His Law which He gave for individuals to live by.
■ The King of Nineveh took a gander when he proclaimed fasting throughout the land in hopes that it would quell God's anger.
■ In verse 10 however, what quelled God's anger against them was not their individual fasting but instead that the city as a collective stopped doing evil which was God's complaint against the people...
God did not answer the prayer of the Ninevites nor did God care much for their rituals. The people changed from doing evil to no longer doing evil .... that was what caused God to stay His anger against them. undecided

Now finally, listen to yourself!
GOD listened to them, right?
Yes!!
When?
After they fasted and repented.
So never say again that GOD cannot answer the prayers of anyone.
GOD is a merciful GOD, and does not do or act the way man does.

That's all.
Goodnight.
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ Now finally, listen to yourself! GOD listened to them, right? Yes!! When? After they fasted and repented. So never say again that GOD cannot answer the prayers of anyone. GOD is a merciful GOD, and does not do or act the way man does. That's all. Goodnight.
God listened to them? It seems you don't actually care what God says at all, do you? You seem instead consumed with twisting the narrative just so it can suit your private delusion. undecided

Nowhere in the context does mention God hearing anything from them. Rather what is stated is that they turned away from their evil and that was enough to change His plan to execute them. undecided
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
God listened to them? It seems you don't actually care what God says at all, do you? You seem instead consumed with twisting the narrative just so it can suit your private delusion. undecided

Nowhere in the context does mention God hearing anything from them. Rather what is stated is that they turned away from their evil and that was enough to change His plan to execute them. undecided

Jonah 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴ And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
⁵ So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
⁶ For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
⁷ And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
⁸ But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
⁹ Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
¹⁰ And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
¹⁰ And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
What works did God see? Surely, you are not going to tell us next that ritualistic fasting and prayer amount to works? undecided
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
What works did God see? Surely, you are not going to tell us next that ritualistic fasting and prayer amount to works? undecided

Jonah 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴ And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
⁵ So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
⁶ For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
⁷ And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
⁸ But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
⁹ Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?

Goodnight.
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 10:57pm On Apr 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
¹⁰ And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not. Goodnight.
Again, what works did God Himself tell you that He saw? Surely, you are not going to tell us next that ritualistic fasting and prayer amount to works? undecided
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Unless your goal is weight loss, these fasting and praying rituals are indeed a total waste of time and mental energy. undecided

Very reasonable comment
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 12:13am On Apr 15, 2023
Jonah 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 12:23am On Apr 15, 2023
Westerhoffe:
[s]Again, what works did God Himself tell you that He saw? Surely, you are not going to tell us next that ritualistic fasting and prayer amount to works[/s]
I don't understand you. If you are so sure that God saw something else, why are you having a hard time responding directly based on your own scan of the same passage? undecided
Westerhoffe:

Again, what works did God Himself tell you that He saw? undecided
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by chim14(m): 12:24am On Apr 15, 2023
Fasting is good, but I stopped doing it like the way we naija do it years ago when I realized it wasnt compulsory to succeed in anything.

Fasting is broad, e no mean say make u starve urself. There are different types of fast:
1. Fruit Fast

2. Biscuit Fast. This one u jst hv very light snack. I do this one when I want to focus & get something done. I avoid cooked & heavy food.

3. Tea & bread Fast. Only tea & 2 slice of bread, dats all.

Problem with naija is, they keep swallowing heavy eba & pounded yam every blessed day. Hw are u going to be light & smart?
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Westerhoffe(m): 12:24am On Apr 15, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
I don't understand you. If you are so sure that God saw something else, why are you having a hard time responding directly based on your own scan of the same passage? undecidedAgain, what works did God Himself tell you that He saw? Surely, you are not going to tell us next that ritualistic fasting and prayer amount to works? undecided

Jonah 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 12:26am On Apr 15, 2023
chim14:
Fasting is good, but I stopped doing it like the way we naija do it years ago when I realized it wasnt compulsory to succeed in anything. Fasting is broad, e no mean say make u starve urself. There are different types of fast:
1. Fruit Fast
2. Biscuit Fast. This one u jst hv very light snack. I do this one when I want to focus & get something done. I avoid cooked & heavy food.
3. Tea & bread Fast. Only tea & 2 slice of bread, dats all.
Problem with naija is, they keep swallowing heavy eba & pounded yam every blessed day. Hw are u going to be light & smart?
At least you took to describing your diet plans there. grin
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by chim14(m): 12:36am On Apr 15, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
At least you took to describing your diet plans there. grin
Yes o, but seriously that's how it is.

Its good to load stomach, but not all d time. If u reduce food intake your metaphysical vibrations will increase.

At work u wont see me eating cooked food na jst very light snack & soft drink. So I can be focused & be on high alert cognitively.

1 Like

Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by efficiencie(m): 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2023
OperationalVehi:
Hello good afternoon. i sincerly wish to express what i have tried, experienced and observed.
you may not agree with me but it still doesnt change the fact that fasting is a total was of time, pleasure and human productivity.

You starve yourself, deny your self pleasures designed by nature to make your life comfortable. You believe a certain divine being needs your discomfort before he can assist you. You of all ''people'' among over 7 billion people angry ...ok lets even put that aside.
You fast from dawn to evening only to think about how you will celebrate the end of fasting and go back to your old way of life.. isnt it obvious that you wasted your time denying your self the basics of life?

Your progenitors prayed, your parents prayed for a better country, lol look at us. I don fast and pray for Nigerian when i was a kid.
i grew up believing maybe i was fasting and praying wrongly. What about other people that has been praying, if my own prayers dont get answered, what happened to the prayers of those in the Mosques and the Churches sad ?

You and those you know have no idea of the purpose of fasting and prayer. If you want money, house, car, job, etc you don't fast and pray rather you learn a skill that is in high demand, position yourself right in the market and boom you are in wealth. Fasting and prayer is not your ticket to all the worldly pleasures of life rather is your ticket to securing a meeting with supernatural entities. All mystics know that fasting, prayer and sacrifice are aimed at securing a meeting with a supernatural being. For a Christian, fasting and prayer makes you draw close to Jesus, to know Him, to learn His ways, to seek direction, to define purpose and to achieve supernatural objectives. Now these activities could in turn lead to you becoming wealthy and powerful but they are not the direct purpose of fasting and prayer.

1 Like

Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by OperationalVehi: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
angry angry
The hunger wey dey deal with me is enough... For me to lose weight
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by xavuv: 7:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
Westerhoffe:
If anyone prayed for a better country, and you think GOD didn't answer, check yourself.

For a country to be better, you'd need the leaders to be better.
If it's about social amenities, Nigeria is not broke to afford them. But are they on the right scale? No.

So, if you have been praying for Nigeria to get better, in whose hands are the "betterment" you are praying for landing?
When the"betterment" lands, are they utilizing them?

So, if you pray, you watch as well.
Don't pray like an hypocrite.

Too cumbersome response.

Our God is a not a cumbersome God.
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by specialmati(m): 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2023
OperationalVehi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you have been possessed by an evil spirit for you to say this,may the good Lord restore you .there is a reason you are made of spirit,soul and body.you feed your body and starve your spirit. canal man
Re: Why Fasting And Praying Is A Waste Of Time And Waste Of Hope by Kobojunkiee: 9:45pm On Apr 15, 2023
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you have been possessed by an evil spirit for you to say this,may the good Lord restore you .there is a reason you are made of spirit,soul and body.you feed your body and starve your spirit. canal man
Stop lying abeg! undecided

God said never made you with a spirit. Jesus Christ said the same. So who exactly made you with this spirit? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Leave Your Marriage If Things Are Not Going Well" Mia Khalifa Marriage Advice / 26 Year Old Auntie Who Was Missing Found Dead / Your Man And Your Sister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.