Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom (52306 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ProudBornoBoy(m): 11:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
osidion2020:
I think it's ogiamen not Agiamen, good evening.
It’s actually Ogiame.
Full one is Ogiame Suooo.

5 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Christistruth03: 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
zeusdgrt:

Lol...na u miss their road to oba palace?beer parlor history rubbish grin

It is In Olu of Warri Domingo’s letter to the King of Portugal pleading for Missionaries to be resent to Warri

It is the Second Oldest Nigerian letter

Google it

7 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by adisabarber(m): 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is not really a good sign that the peace entreaty worked and I am genuinely concerned.
The Itsekiri are in the midst of unfriendly neighbours and their greatest strength should be their unity.

You can not have another Ologbotsere when one is still alive. I pray the issue is well handled for the peace and prosperity of Itsekiri land.
check my signature for free stuffs!

So the Olu should go and beg Ayiri to come and pay homage? Ologbotsere cannot refuse to go and see the Olu since the Olu was crowned and expect to retain the title.

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Ghezo: 11:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
Christistruth03:

It was a gift from the King of Portugal to Olu Domingo in the 17th Century
Olu Domingo was the first known Nigerian Graduate.He Graduated from university in Portugal in the 17th Century he was also the Acting Ambassador for Benin and Warri Kingdoms to Portugal at the same time

The Itsekiri have had at least 5 Catholic Kings including Olu Domingo (Atunwase1) and his Son (Atunwase2) who was half Portuguese

If not for the Slave Trade the Itsekiri were supposed to be at the forefront of Christianity in Nigeria

Atunwase2 was Sincere in his Christian faith and appealed to the Portugese King to send him Missionaries that were not distracted by the filthy Business of the Slave Trade but we're Truly out for Souls
But the. Missionaries missed the road and ended up in Benin Instead of Warri, and the Oba of Benin politely sent them back to Portugal

No be only domingo cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Ghezo: 11:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
Christistruth03:

Olu Domingo was the first known Nigerian Graduate.He Graduated from university in Portugal in the 17th Century he was also the Acting Ambassador for Benin and Warri Kingdoms to Portugal at the same time

The Itsekiri have had at least 5 Catholic Kings including Olu Domingo (Atunwase1) and his Son (Atunwase2) who was half Portuguese

If not for the Slave Trade the Itsekiri were supposed to be at the forefront of Christianity in Nigeria

Atunwase2 was Sincere in his Christian faith and appealed to the Portugese King to send him Missionaries that were not distracted by the filthy Business of the Slave Trade but we're Truly out for Souls
But the. Missionaries missed the road and ended up in Benin Instead of Warri, and the Oba of Benin politely sent them back to Portugal
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Ghezo: 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2023
JAWBONE:
grin grin grin

Ayiri Emami will now be the Ologbotsere of Tinubu Agberos.
Him and Oluomo go dey co-ordinate Agbero affairs

Ologbosere of Bourdillon Road grin

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by overboard(m): 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2023
oluwafreshkid:
The crown on his head is my concern.

Metallic crown with a crucifix on it isn't traditional.
Don't over modernise traditional representation and institutions

Chai, you're right o... I just saw it
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by FreeStuffsNG: 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2023
FatimaAbubakar:

Face your Osun State and leave we Deltans and Itsekiris alone. Chochocho, na so you go dey do gbeboroun for everywhere.
Now you got my attention. Read so you will know and will not be making infantile jokes
https://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/why-kingmakers-made-tsola-emiko-olu-of-warri/

Osun is the origin of the Yoruba race including the Itsekiri.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Hallabee1(m): 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2023
GualaGuala:
The real owners of Lagos

Aje...

Ode
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by obadfirst: 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
Christistruth03:

Bros this your story doesn't add up, who ever told you this story most have been trying to formulate falsehood.

I attended the coronation of Atuwase the ll in the year 1987 or so, at big warri.

You can't tell me the Portuguese miss road just as recently as in the 80's.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by AutomaticMotors: 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Beads of Office the King is putting on his neck is a Tradition that was started at Ile Ife

Are you okay or you are smoking? Since when did ife tribe or Yoruba as a group start using Edo round beads? You ppl are really delusional true true !! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by AutomaticMotors: 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2023
zeusdgrt:

Lol...na u miss their road to oba palace?beer parlor history rubbish grin
grin cheesy
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Josewonder(m): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2023
Ipob pig ll use every opportunity to wail about his pains ,even d matter does not concern his flat head he just find way to make sure he mention tinubu on it. Wailing no dey tire u ni. Foolish lossers go and mind ur biz
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by FatimaAbubakar(f): 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Now you got my attention. Read so you will know and will not be making infantile jokes
https://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/why-kingmakers-made-tsola-emiko-olu-of-warri/

Osun is the origin of the Yoruba race including the Itsekiri.

Shift!!!
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by zeusdgrt(m): 11:59pm On Apr 16, 2023
Christistruth03:

It is In Olu of Warri Atunwase 2's letter to the King of Portugal pleading for Missionaries to be resent to Warri

It is the Second Oldest Nigerian letter

Google it
Oga stop typing nonsense,who tot the olu how to write in Portuguese at the colonial era? which postal service did he use and who travelled along the trade route to deliver it knowing is through seas and which boat will take the messenger there? grin missionaries were not sent to any place they came by expedition and guess discovery.So stop disgracing urself grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by donforeign: 12:07am On Apr 17, 2023
osidion2020:
Shut up, he said Benin not ife.. confusionist.
u dey mind Dem.. always finding way to add themselves

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by campbelljosh(m): 12:07am On Apr 17, 2023
I think I need to study history...wow!
Christistruth03:

The Crown with the Cross on it was a gift from the King of Portugal to Olu Domingo in the 17th Century

Olu of Warri Atunwase 2nd was Sincere in his Christian faith and appealed to the Portugese King to send him Missionaries that were not distracted by the filthy Business of the Slave Trade but were Truly out for Purely Soul winning alone
But the Missionaries sent from Portugal missed the road and ended up in Benin Instead of Warri, and the Oba of Benin politely sent them back to Portugal

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Christistruth03: 12:09am On Apr 17, 2023
24SEVEN:

Story telling. undecided.

17th Century indeed, and the Itsekiri are still where they are now.

The Itsekiri were already in Warri in 1472 when the Portuguese first visited there

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Christistruth03: 12:11am On Apr 17, 2023
zeusdgrt:

Oga stop typing nonsense,who tot the olu how to write in Portuguese at the colonial era? which postal service did he use and who travelled along the trade route to deliver it knowing is through seas and which boat will take the messenger there? grin missionaries were not sent to any place they came by expedition and guess discovery.So stop disgracing urself grin

If you don’t have a Clue be quiet and learn

Olu Domingo’s Father was a Graduate of a Portuguese University
and his mother was a Portuguese Woman
You must be one of those who think the People of Nigeria only started existing when the British turned up in 1851

The fact your ancestors had never seen a book and didn’t have any idea what a pen looked like
In the 17th Century doesn’t mean It was the same for everyone

By the 17 th Century Benin and Warri had been Trading and visiting Europe for 2 Centuries

17 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Christistruth03: 12:25am On Apr 17, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

Are you okay or you are smoking? Since when did ife tribe or Yoruba as a group start using Edo round beads? You ppl are really delusional true true !! cheesy

Ife was already. Into Glass Bead Production in the 12 th Century

The Europeans are still stunned and reeling that Ife had already developed Technology

of Glass Making at a time that Europe still had no glass making Technology

It was Ife that was the Centre of Glass Bead Production

10 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by zeusdgrt(m): 12:27am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

If you don’t have a Clue be quiet ad learn

Olu Domingo’s Father Atunwase the first was a Graduate of a Portuguese University
and his mother was a Portuguese Woman
You must be one of those who think the People of Nigeria only started existing when the British turned up in 1851

The fact your ancestors had never seen a book and didn’t have any idea what a pen looked like
In the 17th Century doesn’t mean It was the same for everyone

By the 17 th Century Benin and Warri had been Trading and visiting Europe for 2 Centuries
Wen was this atuwase crowned?let me expose ur stupidity grin the atuwase u are talking about was crowned 1987 and wen did the Portuguese visit?u are just full of garbage information grin stop disgracing urself and for ur info na warri born okumagba boy u dey talk to so STFU

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by okuta007: 12:29am On Apr 17, 2023
Beremx:
The Olu of Warri is tempting Ayiri to go to court. Lol 🤣🤣

The Olu is very OBIDIENT - so Ayiri go to court
Labor 7 APChit 0

😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Christistruth03: 12:39am On Apr 17, 2023
zeusdgrt:

Wen was this atuwase crowned?let me expose ur stupidity grin the atuwase u are talking about was crowned 1987 and wen did the Portuguese visit?u are just full of garbage information grin stop disgracing urself and for ur info na warri born okumagba boy u dey talk to so STFU

Sorry I mixed up Olu Sebastian with Atunwase 1 who was his son Olu Domingo

Olu Domingo was crowned in 1625 his son was Olu Domingo 2nd who had a Portuguese mother

Stop smoking hard drugs so you can see and think Straight

8 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by AutomaticMotors: 12:44am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

Ife was already. Into Glass Bead Production in the 12 th Century

The Europeans are still stunned and reeling that Ife had already developed Technology

of Glass Making at a time that Europe still had no glass making Technology

It was Ife that was the Centre of Glass Bead Production

You clearly can't read and definitely can't comprehend!! All you know is frabricating lies and embarrassing yourself
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by zeusdgrt(m): 12:45am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

Sorry I mixed up Olu Sebastian with his son Atunwase 1 who was his son Olu Domingo

Olu Domingo was crowned in 1625

People like you give false information online and cause issues for others all these u are saying are all wrong info,if I wasn't born and raised in warri na so u for insult me on top ur beer parlor history guide.Am done with u.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by AutomaticMotors: 12:45am On Apr 17, 2023
zeusdgrt:

That boy na complete fool I can attest to it! Na silly lies he dey pluck from thin air

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by AutomaticMotors: 12:46am On Apr 17, 2023
zeusdgrt:

People like you give false information online and cause issues for others all these u are saying are all wrong info,if I wasn't born and raised in warri na so u for insult me on top ur beer parlor history guide.Am done with u.

Na Yoruba he be from "osun" state to be precise ! What do you expect ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

(pictures) When Last Did You Make Use Of This? / Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Bags Traditional Title In Daura / Do You Know Sarah Baartman? The Black Woman Who Died Because Of Her Sexy Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.