Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom (52292 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by zeusdgrt(m): 12:49am On Apr 17, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

That boy na complete fool I can attest to it! Na silly lies he dey pluck from thin air
Lol..I decided to allow him expose himself Well before I flogg am with truth grin

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by zeusdgrt(m): 12:49am On Apr 17, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

Na Yoruba he be from "osun" state to be precise ! What do you expect ?
Wetin Dem nor know Dem go argue as if Dem know

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Christistruth03: 12:50am On Apr 17, 2023
zeusdgrt:

People like you give false information online and cause issues for others all these u are saying are all wrong info,if I wasn't born and raised in warri na so u for insult me on top ur beer parlor history guide.Am done with u.

You are just full of insults and no real information

What is your version of Itsekiri History then

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Christistruth03: 12:55am On Apr 17, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

You clearly can't read and definitely can't comprehend!! All you know is frabricating lies and embarrassing yourself

You don’t need to come online when you are high on drugs
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Christistruth03: 1:15am On Apr 17, 2023
obadfirst:

Bros this your story doesn't add up, who ever told you this story most have been trying to formulate falsehood.

I attended the coronation of Atuwase the ll in the year 1987 or so, at big warri.

You can't tell me the Portuguese miss road just as recently as in the 80's.

The Portuguese first visited Warri In 1472

5 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by godofuck231: 1:22am On Apr 17, 2023
Saga16:
That's my Olu.

so you be olokun pikin
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Ajalalomo: 1:25am On Apr 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is not really a good sign that the peace entreaty worked and I am genuinely concerned.
The Itsekiri are in the midst of unfriendly neighbours and their greatest strength should be their unity.

You can not have another Ologbotsere when one is still alive. I pray the issue is well handled for the peace and prosperity of Itsekiri land.
check my signature for free stuffs!

I believe Ayiri himself knows about this.

The Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse III, and Chief Ayiri Emami had a closed-door session at the palace of the monarch in Warri, Delta state on Friday night.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/just-in-olu-of-warri-ayiri-meet/

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by afrodoc2: 2:17am On Apr 17, 2023
obadfirst:

Bros this your story doesn't add up, who ever told you this story most have been trying to formulate falsehood.

I attended the coronation of Atuwase the ll in the year 1987 or so, at big warri.

You can't tell me the Portuguese miss road just as recently as in the 80's.

This one can't read. grin grin grin

They said 17th century you are saying 80s.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by afrodoc2: 2:22am On Apr 17, 2023
zeusdgrt:

Oga stop typing nonsense,who tot the olu how to write in Portuguese at the colonial era? which postal service did he use and who travelled along the trade route to deliver it knowing is through seas and which boat will take the messenger there? grin missionaries were not sent to any place they came by expedition and guess discovery.So stop disgracing urself grin

Your ignorance is incandescent and you have obviously made a vow against knowledge. grin

Instead of you to sit down and research you are exposing yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by afrodoc2: 2:23am On Apr 17, 2023
zeusdgrt:

Wen was this atuwase crowned?let me expose ur stupidity grin the atuwase u are talking about was crowned 1987 and wen did the Portuguese visit?u are just full of garbage information grin stop disgracing urself and for ur info na warri born okumagba boy u dey talk to so STFU

This one na mumu squared. grin

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by goody2019: 2:36am On Apr 17, 2023
oluwafreshkid:
The crown on his head is my concern.

Metallic crown with a crucifix on it isn't traditional.
Don't over modernise traditional representation and institutions

Was the original crown not stolen in the conflict? Is this not a makeup crown?
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Thebadpolitican(m): 2:45am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

Ife was already. Into Glass Bead Production in the 12 th Century

The Europeans are still stunned and reeling that Ife had already developed Technology

of Glass Making at a time that Europe still had no glass making Technology

It was Ife that was the Centre of Glass Bead Production

Glass bread is different from coral beads that is heated to give the red color

Yoruba beads are brown and milk in colour and elongated in shape and not round or circular in shape

That bead the olu Warri is wearing is an edo beed period

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by goslowgoslow(m): 3:41am On Apr 17, 2023
FatimaAbubakar:

Keep shut there!!!
You are insulting without being insulted!
I wonder the parents that raised some of you!

7 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by goslowgoslow(m): 3:42am On Apr 17, 2023
FatimaAbubakar:

Keep shut there!!!
I pity who will mistakenly marry you.

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by makaveli902: 3:57am On Apr 17, 2023
oluwafreshkid:

It has always been like that, am sure you've heard of adé ide in Yoruba land before.

6 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by makaveli902: 3:59am On Apr 17, 2023
goody2019:

Was the original crown not stolen in the conflict? Is this not a makeup crown?

It's still the replica of the stolen crown.

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Ghezo: 4:28am On Apr 17, 2023
oluwafreshkid:

It's obvious you haven't seen these Jekris in their bowler hats, or the Ijaw in their own top hats

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Mrfeel: 4:34am On Apr 17, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

Stfu, the olu of Warri is a born again Christian and he has d right to put crucifix on his crown
That means the warri people have no culture or traditions the king can do whatever he wishes ?

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by airsaylongcome: 5:22am On Apr 17, 2023
powerhouse3:
It's in order..

If the Agiame allowed Ayiri to still held the post after being in rebellion them it's could show that the king is weak...

Ayiri has ample time to pledge allegiance to the king but he refuse....if they king didn't strike now it will hunt him in the future...

May your ancestors guide you Agiame..

You have done the right thing

It’s Ogiame, Lord of the Water

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by henrimoto(m): 5:25am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Crown with the Cross on it was a gift from the King of Portugal to Olu Domingo in the 17th Century
Olu Sebastian was the first known Nigerian Graduate.He Graduated from university in Portugal in the 17th Century he was also the Acting Ambassador for Benin and Warri Kingdoms to Portugal at the same time

The Itsekiri have had at least 5 Catholic Kings including Olu Domingo (Atunwase1) who was half Portuguese and his Son (Domingo 2)

If not for the Slave Trade the Itsekiri were supposed to be at the forefront of Christianity in Nigeria

Olu Sebastian's Son, Olu of Warri Domingo 1 was Sincere in his Christian faith and appealed to the Pope to send him Missionaries that were not distracted by the filthy Business of the Slave Trade but were Truly out for Purely Soul winning alone
But the Missionaries sent from Portugal missed the road and ended up in Benin Instead of Warri, and the Oba of Benin politely sent them back
Thanks for The History.
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by airsaylongcome: 5:27am On Apr 17, 2023
dohyn:
Please can someone explain why the Ayiri guy has been at loggerheads with the Olu? Also, I understand he was asked to take his father's old title but he refused. What does all this mean? Thanks

Ayiri was backing a different Prince to become Olu. A prince who grew up at home, who was more traditional

8 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by PrinceofSarcasm: 5:34am On Apr 17, 2023
Is04970:
These people are Yoruba cousins. So many similarities in the language, culture and tradition.

Just look at this one. Why do you Yoruba never respect other people's sovereignty or tradition?

Why must you belittle or try ito lord over another tribe? What are you Yoruba like this ?

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Housing(m): 5:35am On Apr 17, 2023
osidion2020:
Shut up, he said Benin not ife.. confusionist.

The Bini were from Ife. Any traditional royalty with Oba as it's King is from Ife (Yoruba)

11 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by PrinceofSarcasm: 5:36am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Beads of Office the King is putting on his neck is a Tradition that was started at Ile Ife

Kai!! You Yoruba are really something o. no wonder no tribe likes you people

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by tito44: 5:44am On Apr 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is not really a good sign that the peace entreaty worked and I am genuinely concerned.
The Itsekiri are in the midst of unfriendly neighbours and their greatest strength should be their unity.

You can not have another Ologbotsere when one is still alive. I pray the issue is well handled for the peace and prosperity of Itsekiri land.
check my signature for free stuffs!

You are always in the wrong side of the law with ur warped mindset

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by arazanbal: 5:44am On Apr 17, 2023
Acting ambassador to bini empire u say ? Abeg abeg stop the lie there. Do your research properly

Christistruth03:

The Crown with the Cross on it was a gift from the King of Portugal to Olu Domingo in the 17th Century
Olu Sebastian was the first known Nigerian Graduate.He Graduated from university in Portugal in the 17th Century he was also the Acting Ambassador for Benin and Warri Kingdoms to Portugal at the same time

The Itsekiri have had at least 5 Catholic Kings including Olu Domingo (Atunwase1) who was half Portuguese and his Son (Domingo 2)

If not for the Slave Trade the Itsekiri were supposed to be at the forefront of Christianity in Nigeria

Olu Sebastian's Son, Olu of Warri Domingo 1 was Sincere in his Christian faith and appealed to the Pope to send him Missionaries that were not distracted by the filthy Business of the Slave Trade but were Truly out for Purely Soul winning alone
But the Missionaries sent from Portugal missed the road and ended up in Benin Instead of Warri, and the Oba of Benin politely sent them back

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Iykenuwa(m): 5:59am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

And the Awori Yoruba plus the Ijebus of Eastern Lagos are complete Strangers from another Planet

We even accept the Itsekiri at least they are Yorubas who migrated from Ijebu and they gladly say so

The Aworis were Oduduwa's followers, they came with him to Ife and they migrated to Lagos and other places after his death.

Now go find out where Oduduwa is from, ask the Igala people.

Hint: He didn't drop from the sky.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death / (pictures) When Last Did You Make Use Of This? / Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Bags Traditional Title In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.