Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom (52368 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ufotunang: 6:04am On Apr 17, 2023
Saga16:
That's my Olu.

..ok and what are the duties of all this traditional rulers... what are the benefits the people within the LGA or community get from them

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Iykenuwa(m): 6:04am On Apr 17, 2023
afrodoc2:

This one can't read. grin grin grin

They said 17th century you are saying 80s.

Blame those that removed History from the educational curriculum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ufotunang: 6:06am On Apr 17, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Congrats to the new Ologbotsere! This appointment has been sanctioned by the Ologbotsere family and executed by the Olu.

Ayiri bit more than he could chew and I've always maintained that he has one leg outside the kingdom. He should go into politics full time. There's no room for agbero politics in itsekiri kingdom.

nlfpmod this news is 100% verified 😀

..ok and what are the duties of this traditional rulers. to their people,.. what are the benefits or good things their people get from this traditional rulers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by lexikul(m): 6:08am On Apr 17, 2023
The Olu of warri Ogiame Atuwatse 111 is a king amongst kings and he did the right thing yesterday by installing a new Ologbotsere in the person of Chief Eyewuoma.
Ayiri was offered his father's chieftaincy title which he turned down. So Ayiri ceases to be a chief of the palace and the Itsekiri's are pleased with the openings.
Long live the king
Ogiame Suoooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Saga16: 6:09am On Apr 17, 2023
ufotunang:
..ok and what are the duties of all this traditional rulers... what are the benefits the people within the LGA or community get from them

Una no get for Akwa Ibom?

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ufotunang: 6:11am On Apr 17, 2023
What are the duties of these traditional rulers to their people and what are the benefits or good things their people get from these traditional rulers...I am just asking
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by lexikul(m): 6:13am On Apr 17, 2023
Ayiri is not the first chief to be lose his title and he won't be the last.
He was given an option to still remain a chief which he refused, I guess his pride wouldn't let him so.
His family brought out Chief Eyewuoma for the position and he was in the know of it all so No Issue

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Princeton92(m): 6:14am On Apr 17, 2023
So na Warri people full here like this?

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by lexikul(m): 6:17am On Apr 17, 2023
ufotunang:
What are the duties of these traditional rulers to their people and what are the benefits or good things their people get from these traditional rulers...I am just asking
They help in the interpretation of the traditions of the people and unite the different communities together, the Itsekiri's has so many different communities but only one king and that's what makes us Unique.
Our King is our pride
Ogiame Suoooo

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Is04970: 6:32am On Apr 17, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

Just look at this one. Why do you Yoruba never respect other people's sovereignty or tradition?

Why must you belittle or try it claim over another tribe? What are you Yoruba like this ?
Change your name to PrinceOfMumu. It will help your readers understand you better.

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ufotunang: 6:35am On Apr 17, 2023
lexikul:
They help in the interpretation of the traditions of the people and unite the different communities together, the Itsekiri's has so many different communities but only one king and that's what makes us Unique.
Our King is our pride
Ogiame Suoooo
..ok thank you for the information

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ufotunang: 6:37am On Apr 17, 2023
Saga16:

Una no get for Akwa Ibom?
...🙄
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by lexikul(m): 6:44am On Apr 17, 2023
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ogaemma: 6:46am On Apr 17, 2023
This will not go down well with some people who hold the ancient tradition to high esteem.

Some things that must be put into consideration-
1. Is the Ologbotsere descendant's fully in the picture?
2. By tradition, the seating Ologbotsere can only be replaced when he dies.

I see a fresh legal battle looming.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Housing(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2023
Thebadpolitican:

Glass bread is different from coral beads that is heated to give the red colour

Yoruba beads are brown and milk in colour and elongated in shape and not round

That bead the olu Warri is wearing is an edo bead period

Bini were from Ife (Yoruba) period.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ufotunang: 7:00am On Apr 17, 2023
lexikul:
Our King is our pride
Ogiame Suoooo
..ok and how do they get their source of income, how are they funded ?
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Rahkman: 7:00am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Portuguese first visited Warri In 1472
Guy you are a fucking liar Africa wasn't even explored by any European not until 1497 u go just dey disgrace urself for this thread

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by clockwisereport: 7:05am On Apr 17, 2023
Kurisiyu22:
Dear my destiny helper, A life without progress may later lead to suicide, I am depressed, i am tired of trying, I am not progressing in life, pls bless me with one 'Keke Napep', so that I and my poor brothers can use it to financially pursue all our dreams in life, pls come to my rescue and save my life from destruction

Go and look for somebody that will give you keke on hire purchase. You will complete the payment in 12 to 18 months. The keke is yours after that. Most of us are in the same situation as your humble self but we keep pushing. Jisie ike. O ga adi mma
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by NothingDoMe: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2023
ufotunang:
..ok and what are the duties of this traditional rulers. to their people,.. what are the benefits or good things their people get from this traditional rulers
Come I take you to big warri. You can ask questions there. 😅
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Rahkman: 7:08am On Apr 17, 2023
Housing:

The Bini were from Ife. Any traditional royalty with Oba as it's King is from Ife (Yoruba)
shut up ur mouth izoduwa ur so called oduduwa was a bini prince,went on exile to osun,you yorubas saw how majestic he looked you took him for a god that descended from the sky and made him the founder of your race claiming he is from eygpt, this is pure fact,bini is not from ife, bini empire has existed and was trading and fighting Europeans before you guys even discovered you were yorubas

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by NothingDoMe: 7:17am On Apr 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is not really a good sign that the peace entreaty worked and I am genuinely concerned.
The Itsekiri are in the midst of unfriendly neighbours and their greatest strength should be their unity.

You can not have another Ologbotsere when one is still alive. I pray the issue is well handled for the peace and prosperity of Itsekiri land.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Speak of what you know. Ayiri does not belong to the Ologbotsere family but was given the honor. The family have withdrawn their title and given it to another.

He can go to court but he'll lose woefully. Me I want him to fernent trouble so that the Olu can place him on exile. The Olu has been lenient and patient enough with the rascal.

Garfield1 accept Ayiri into your team. We dash una 😅
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Elliotwaveforec: 7:20am On Apr 17, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

Kai!! You Yoruba are really something o. no wonder no tribe likes you people
Any ethnic group in Nigeria that doesn't like the Yorubas is finished already! Ask the Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by OVB123: 7:23am On Apr 17, 2023
[quote author=Beremx post=122561335]The Olu of Warri is tempting Ayiri to go to court. Lol
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by OVB123: 7:25am On Apr 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is not really a good sign that the peace entreaty worked and I am genuinely concerned.
The Itsekiri are in the midst of unfriendly neighbours and their greatest strength should be their unity.

You can not have another Ologbotsere when one is still alive. I pray the issue is well handled for the peace and prosperity of Itsekiri land.
check my signature for free stuffs!
I seconded.
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by zeusdgrt(m): 7:34am On Apr 17, 2023
afrodoc2:

This one na mumu squared. grin
When Dem swear for ur brain u go come social media come display am,the person I send message to don recognize e Bleep up,so carry ur fish brain comot my mentions.. grin
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Investor137: 7:34am On Apr 17, 2023
oluwafreshkid:
The crown on his head is my concern.

Metallic crown with a crucifix on it isn't traditional.
Don't over modernise traditional representation and institutions
Point of correction, 100% 24k GOLDEN crown with a crucifix on it, and right from inception it has be n the symbol of the Royal crown of the Warri kingdom (Not modernized) go do your findings.
Long live the wise king

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by OVB123: 7:43am On Apr 17, 2023
Housing:

The Bini were from Ife. Any traditional royalty with Oba as it's King is from Ife (Yoruba)
ODUDUWA IS FROM WHERE? WAS ODUDUWA THE PROGENITOR OF YORUBA RACE?

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by DrAkpamudehe: 7:44am On Apr 17, 2023
Mrfeel:

That means the warri people have no culture or traditions the king can do whatever he wishes ?

Christianity supercedes all things, mate

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Neddyogu(m): 7:47am On Apr 17, 2023
Ghezo:

No be only domingo cheesy

He was actually admitted into Portuguese nobility at the time and addressed as ‘Dom Domingo’. In fact, there’s a secondary school in Warri named after him called Dom Domingo’s college. Anyone who grew up in Warri in the ‘80s and ‘90s would know.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Reference(m): 7:52am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Crown with the Cross on it was a gift from the King of Portugal to Olu Domingo in the 17th Century
Olu Sebastian was the first known Nigerian Graduate.He Graduated from university in Portugal in the 17th Century he was also the Acting Ambassador for Benin and Warri Kingdoms to Portugal at the same time

The Itsekiri have had at least 5 Catholic Kings including Olu Domingo (Atunwase1) who was half Portuguese and his Son (Domingo 2)

If not for the Slave Trade the Itsekiri were supposed to be at the forefront of Christianity in Nigeria

Olu Sebastian's Son, Olu of Warri Domingo 1 was Sincere in his Christian faith and appealed to the Pope to send him Missionaries that were not distracted by the filthy Business of the Slave Trade but were Truly out for Purely Soul winning alone
But the Missionaries sent from Portugal missed the road and ended up in Benin Instead of Warri, and the Oba of Benin politely sent them back

Nice one.
These are the kind of things I love to read. Posts that charge one's knowledge and refreshes one's intellect.

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Housing(m): 7:54am On Apr 17, 2023
Rahkman:
shut up ur mouth izoduwa ur so called oduduwa was a bini prince,went on exile to osun,you yorubas saw how majestic he looked you took him for a god that descended from the sky and made him the founder of your race claiming he is from eygpt, this is pure fact,bini is not from ife, bini empire has existed and was trading and fighting Europeans before you guys even discovered you were yorubas

You don't worth my response because of your uncoulth and lack of basic decorum required for basic public discussion, but to educate you further there is no truth in your conjecture. The Eweka I, was a grandson of Oranmiyan an Ife Prince. This is an undisputed historical fact. Even the Chief David Edebiri Esogban of Bini Kingdom confirmed it.

Bini and Delta were not part of the Old Western Region for no reason. It was due to hatred from people that felt threatened of Yoruba influence that played politics of divide and rule which brought about Mid-West Region. But Yoruba Kingdom that extends up to the Upper Volta care less about that. Yoruba influence in West Africa can't be overestimated and can not be erased. More than four Countries speak Yoruba Language in West Africa alone.

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by lexikul(m): 7:56am On Apr 17, 2023
OVB123:
I seconded.
You are seconding what you know nothing about, all chiefs are subject of the king and he can do as He pleases with them. Ayiri was in the palace during the installation and was even offered his father's title which he politely refused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Know Sarah Baartman? The Black Woman Who Died Because Of Her Sexy Body / Oluwo Akanbi: Infect Me With Coronavirus & Leave The Rest Of The World Out Of It / I Am Accountable To Only One KING - Ooni Of Ife Speaks (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.