Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,717 members, 7,813,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom (52284 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Felimax(m): 9:39am On Apr 17, 2023
oluwafreshkid:
The crown on his head is my concern.

Metallic crown with a crucifix on it isn't traditional.
Don't over modernise traditional representation and institutions

What is your business with the crown when you know absolutely nothing about the Iwere people?

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Sewgon79(m): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2023
FatimaAbubakar:

They migrated from Conakry in Guinea. They are slaves who escaped from Conakry.

Hey Pulo chick, wetin you find come for Nairaland, last I checked Nairaland is not in Conakry not in Freetown.
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ElValiente(m): 9:45am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Crown with the Cross on it was a gift from the King of Portugal to Olu Domingo in the 17th Century
Olu Sebastian was the first known Nigerian Graduate.He Graduated from university in Portugal in the 17th Century he was also the Acting Ambassador for Benin and Warri Kingdoms to Portugal at the same time

The Itsekiri have had at least 5 Catholic Kings including Olu Domingo (Atunwase1) who was half Portuguese and his Son (Domingo 2)

If not for the Slave Trade the Itsekiri were supposed to be at the forefront of Christianity in Nigeria

Olu Sebastian's Son, Olu of Warri Domingo 1 was Sincere in his Christian faith and appealed to the Pope to send him Missionaries that were not distracted by the filthy Business of the Slave Trade but were Truly out for Purely Soul winning alone
But the Missionaries sent from Portugal missed the road and ended up in Benin Instead of Warri, and the Oba of Benin politely sent them back

Oga Reno. Respect sir.
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by esthel(f): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2023
A deserving elderly human.
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by ncoolsome(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2023
obadfirst:

Bros this your story doesn't add up, who ever told you this story most have been trying to formulate falsehood.

I attended the coronation of Atuwase the ll in the year 1987 or so, at big warri.

You can't tell me the Portuguese miss road just as recently as in the 80's.

17th century 1700 is different from the 19th century 1987
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by nelsonoba: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2023
oluwafreshkid:

The expensive clothes he wears and the other decorations on his crown, are they also "traditional" Why pick out just the cross and leave out the other "non-traditional" things?

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Miracle45: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2023
oluwafreshkid:

Even as a Christian I still don't think that's appraopriate! As an African traditional ruler, everything about that crown is wrong and too western for an African traditional ruler.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by zeusdgrt(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2023
Investor137:

The ways and manner in which you type and your expression shows an aggrieved violence..your expression is filled with sentiments and aggression..

Stop taking hard drugs..how can u be saying the Olu of Warri was first crowned in 1987
Oga read tru before u open ur mouth to talk,the guy said atuwase 2 sent a letter during the time Portuguese came to Benin that they loss their way they should have been in warri instead and I told him this atuwase 2 was crowned in 1987 not the colonial era.So now u can see u are the one taking hard drugs. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by do4luv14(m): 11:48am On Apr 17, 2023
goslowgoslow:

Somebody made a good point for peace but this is all you can say. What a pity!

Seems you don't understand, so I will leave it at that,

Nice to the original Starboy Ogiame suuoooo
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Haaland21: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2023
osidion2020:
Factđź’Ż

Talk is cheap
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by MSGAMBLE9: 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
Is04970:
These people are Yoruba cousins. So many similarities in the language, culture and tradition.
God bless Nigeria
You Sabi...the real name of warri is "Ale iwwere'. Ale is ancient Yoruba word for Land called "Ile' in central yoruba. Atuwatse me one who change for the better.

The speak tainted proto-yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by lexikul(m): 12:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
ufotunang:
..ok and how do they get their source of income, how are they funded ?
Companies that operate in their kingdoms pay royalties to them, government also pays royalty to them and so many other sources.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by FreeStuffsNG: 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
bestofnollywood:

https://applesbite.com/exclusive-breaking-olu-of-warri-installs-new-ologbotsere-in-warri-kingdom/
It turned out that fake beads and swords were presented at this installation according to Chief Ayiri
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Thebadpolitican(m): 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
Housing:

Bini were from Ife (Yoruba) period.

Tell the lies to console yourself we benins ruled the entire Yoruba people in the past

That is a fact that can be proven not the ife tales in benin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Thebadpolitican(m): 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
Housing:

The Bini were from Ife. Any traditional royalty with Oba as it's King is from Ife (Yoruba)

lol, are you aware that during the colonial Era when indirect rule system was still in use the Oba of benin ment up with the ooni of ife for a political alliance with the Edo people and the then ooni of ife agreed to the political alliance with the edos and the Oba of benin would be regarded as one of the sons of oduduwa, the Oba of benin wasn't bothered about the cultural status he was in the new political alliance as a son of oduduwa and a false conjugated history was form for a cultural alliance the oromiyan history you're making reference to now was formed, hell broke loose when the edos were later becoming maltreated and oppressed in the western region, the yoruba leaders accusing the Oba of benin as not a true son of oduduwa and the position he occupied in the western leadership wasn't deserved, and there was a need for the Edo people to pull away from the western region..... Please are you aware there is no yoruba idol in the Oba palace only edo idols, no yoruba names in the palace too, the name oba, is a benin original word that was introduced to yoruba people due to the bemin military might the Edo people had on the entire Yoruba people before colonial Era, the full title is called "omo n oba nedo" not just oba of benin the yorubas kings infact until 1930 were still addressed by the British as sir as their title until they changed it in 1930 to oba and the ooni then was the first person to attempt such move from sir the British refred them as to oba and the rest yoruba monarch followed suit afterwards "I repeat there was never a real oromiyan in benin"
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Thebadpolitican(m): 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
ufotunang:
..ok and what are the duties of all this traditional rulers... what are the benefits the people within the LGA or community get from them

Go sleep na jealousy dey do
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Thebadpolitican(m): 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
ufotunang:
..ok and how do they get their source of income, how are they funded ?

Them dey send area boys to go rob
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by LordAdam16: 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
obadfirst:

Bros this your story doesn't add up, who ever told you this story most have been trying to formulate falsehood.

I attended the coronation of Atuwase the ll in the year 1987 or so, at big warri.

You can't tell me the Portuguese miss road just as recently as in the 80's.

They're talking about 17th century, you're talking about 1980.

Scan through the chronology of the Olus of Warri. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Warri

All Olus for more than 200 years were Catholic and were authorized to style themselves Dom, an honorific for Catholic Portuguese and Brazilian male royals, aristocrats, and hierarchs.

-Lord
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Thebadpolitican(m): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
Housing:

You don't worth my response because of your uncoulth and lack of basic decorum required for basic public discussion, but to educate you further there is no truth in your conjecture. The Eweka I, was a grandson of Oranmiyan an Ife Prince. This is an undisputed historical fact. Even the Chief David Edebiri Esogban of Bini Kingdom confirmed it.

Bini and Delta were not part of the Old Western Region for no reason. It was due to hatred from people that felt threatened of Yoruba influence that played politics of divide and rule which brought about Mid-West Region. But Yoruba Kingdom that extends up to the Upper Volta care less about that. Yoruba influence in West Africa can't be overestimated and can not be erased. More than four Countries speak Yoruba Language in West Africa alone.

lol, are you aware that during the colonial Era when indirect rule system was still in use the Oba of benin ment up with the ooni of ife for a political alliance with the Edo people, and the then ooni of ife agreed to the political alliance with the edos, and the Oba of benin would be regarded as one of the sons of oduduwa, the Oba of benin wasn't bothered about the cultural status he was given, in the new political alliance as a son of oduduwa and a false conjugated history was formed for a cultural alliance. the oromiyan history you're making reference to now was formed, hell broke loose when the edos were later becoming maltreated and oppressed in the western region, the yoruba leaders accusing the Oba of benin as not being a true son of oduduwa and the position he occupied in the western leadership wasn't deserved, and there was a need for the Edo people to pull away from the western region..... Please are you aware there is no yoruba idol in the Oba palace only edo idols, no yoruba names in the palace too, the name oba, is a benin original word that was introduced to yoruba people due to the bemin military might the Edo people had on the entire Yoruba people before colonial Era, the full title is called "omo n oba nedo" not just oba of benin the yorubas kings infact until 1930 were still addressed by the British as sir as their title until they changed it in 1930 to oba and the ooni then was the first person to attempt such move from sir the British refred them as to oba and the rest yoruba monarch followed suit afterwards. "I repeat there was never a real oromiyan in benin"

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Thebadpolitican(m): 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
Housing:

If you are from Bini ask your elders where the Bini is from.

Omo Oba-lopolopo

Lol, it is called omo n' oba, you see that 'n' in the middle stands for the biggest meaning of the entire sentence, omo n' oba ne'do ( the child that shines for the Edo people)

Ovwio oba ( son of the Oba) and not what you wrote the there

Oba is a short form of the Oba of benin title the full title is omo n oba the Complete title is
"Omo n oba nedo ukwapolopolo"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Sholuwa241: 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
Dpharisee:
Ayiri can go to INEC to declare him as the Olu since he believes so much in rigging for APC
you wicked o but come to real reasoning God bless you
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Sholuwa241: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
JAWBONE:
grin grin grin

Ayiri Emami will now be the Ologbotsere of Tinubu Agberos.
Him and Oluomo go dey co-ordinate Agbero affairs
you are a real Nigerian bless you smile
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by emmadothings(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
oluwafreshkid:

That crown with crucifix that concern you is over 500 years old and was given to the Olu Atuwatse 1 (Sebastian Domingo) whoose mother was a princess in the Portuguese kingdom married to the then Olu of warri.
Olu don Sebastian Domingos was a well know Christian just like the kingdom where the crown came from.
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Investor137: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2023
emmadothings:

That crown with crucifix that concern you is over 500 years old and was given to the Olu Atuwatse 1 (Sebastian Domingo) whoose mother was a princess in the Portuguese kingdom married to the then Olu of warri.
Olu don Sebastian Domingos was a well know Christian just like the kingdom where the crown came from.
facts
Dom Domingos College, Edjeba, Warri was named after the 7th Olu of Warri. OLU ATUWATSE I, He succeeded his father. He was initially home schooled by his father and the Bishop in Ode-Itsekiri, which resulted in him being able to read and write in Portuguese. He was later educated in Coimbra, Portugal from 1600 to 1611. He returned as a graduate, making him the first graduate in Sub Saharan Africa. Olu Dom Domingos was the first to marry a noble Portuguese lady, that came with him in 1611.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Investor137: 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
zeusdgrt:

Oga read tru before u open ur mouth to talk,the guy said atuwase 2 sent a letter during the time Portuguese came to Benin that they loss their way they should have been in warri instead and I told him this atuwase 2 was crowned in 1987 not the colonial era.So now u can see u are the one taking hard drugs. grin
that’s why I said leave hard drugs it’s not good for u, he didn’t say so.
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by zeusdgrt(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
Investor137:
that’s why I said leave hard drugs it’s not good for u, he didn’t say so.
Eyah sorry God will heal u, at least ur madness still fresh grin

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by zeusdgrt(m): 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
Investor137:
facts
Dom Domingos College, Edjeba, Warri was named after the 7th Olu of Warri. OLU ATUWATSE I, He succeeded his father. He was initially home schooled by his father and the Bishop in Ode-Itsekiri, which resulted in him being able to read and write in Portuguese. He was later educated in Coimbra, Portugal from 1600 to 1611. He returned as a graduate, making him the first graduate in Sub Saharan Africa. Olu Dom Domingos was the first to marry a noble Portuguese lady, that came with him in 1611.
Mumu write up grin

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by Investor137: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
zeusdgrt:

Mumu write up grin
I will ignore any further form of mention from a demented illiterate like u…
Na me with your elders suppose talk, maybe those ones might be a little educated and knows a little of history if their brains had not been eaten up by hard drugs like yours.
End of discussion!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by thatigboman: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

Any ethnic group in Nigeria that doesn't like the Yorubas is finished already! Ask the Igbos.
something is seriously wrong with u
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by obrian888: 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is not really a good sign that the peace entreaty worked and I am genuinely concerned.
The Itsekiri are in the midst of unfriendly neighbours and their greatest strength should be their unity.

You can not have another Ologbotsere when one is still alive. I pray the issue is well handled for the peace and prosperity of Itsekiri land.
check my signature for free stuffs!

You are right, we need to be at peace with ourselves as Itsekiris and we have that peace in abundance, one boy called Ayiri cannot bring division to the Warri kingdom, he is too small, Itsekiri is far bigger than him or any individual. our Olu is the chief custodian of our custodian and heritage , so no wan at all, we are okay as a people.
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by obrian888: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Rahkman:
Practicing borrowed bini tradditions

Did you and your useless tradition came from where?
Re: Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom by obrian888: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
dohyn:
Please can someone explain why the Ayiri guy has been at loggerheads with the Olu? Also, I understand he was asked to take his father's old title but he refused. What does all this mean? Thanks

he was against the choice of the Itsekiri people enthroning this king and took him and to court himself and some thugs, Itsekiri eventually install him and Ayiri was suspended and later dismissed due to his stubbornness and dis respect for the throne. this is just a brief explanation of his offense, he also had a candidate for the throne,the son of a former Olu, whom he want to install and control being the Ologbotsere at that time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death / Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Bags Traditional Title In Daura / (pictures) When Last Did You Make Use Of This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.