Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem (48117 Views)

25% In FCT: Exam Question From ABU, Zaria Law Faculty / Solve This Mathematics Word Problem / Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by rtdCivilservant: 9:02am On Apr 21, 2023
Toks2008:

2/3 X 37 = 24.666

Stop disgracing yourself
If u still have any sense left in u, u should know that practically speaking it is unrealistic to say 24.666 states, rather u approximate to 25. Over sabi will destroy u, as u can see u are the person trying to disgrace ur father for not seing the need to send u to a good school.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Toks2008(m): 10:12am On Apr 21, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

If u still have any sense left in u, u should know that practically speaking it is unrealistic to say 24.666 states, rather u approximate to 25. Over sabi will destroy u, as u can see u are the person trying to disgrace ur father for not seing the need to send u to a good school.

You are a failure.

How can you approximate a whole state?

Your parents ought to have given the money they wasted on your education to charity.

Since you consider Abuja as one of the states so it means we will have 37 states.

Now I asked... what is the twothird of 37?

You are asking me to approximate grin

How daft.

So which state will be 0.66 since 2/3 of 37 is 24.66?

Yet rather than learn you kept making a foool of yourself.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by rtdCivilservant: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2023
Toks2008:

You are a failure.

How can you approximate a whole state?

Your parents ought to have given the money they wasted on your education to charity.

Since you consider Abuja as one of the states so it means we will have 37 states.

Now I asked... what is the twothird of 37?

You are asking me to approximate grin

How daft.

So which state will be 0.66 since 2/3 of 37 is 24.66?

Yet rather than learn you kept making a foool of yourself.

So daft of u... so in ur empty head, the framers of that section of the constitution would first consider if two-third of the total number of states in the country would amount into a whole number before they coming up with that section. So pathetic! I didn't know I've been arguing with a '?' person. I am done replying u.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Trustyourself: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2023
[quote author=rtdCivilservant post=122648125]
I am one of the most Liberal Nigerian alive. For ur information, I am Igbo, I may not like Tinubu, but that doesn't mean I should now twist clear narratives cos of hatred. [/quote

Is the broad day fraud carried out on 25th of February what you called "clear narrative"? Open thuggery, intimidation and all manner of violent activities are all what you also called "clear narrative". Please be guided in your thoughts my dear.
A man that every information about him are deceptive is also what you call "clear narrative". If the process through which INEC declared him winner was legitimate, Nigeria and Nigerians would have being in the same spirit with him. Imagine a situation where a winner was declared and the entire country was thrown into mourning. Since the inception of this current republic, tell me one president who has ever lost Lagos and Abuja in any presidential election. That's to tell you how much Nigerians detest APC and Tinubu. The Constitution is very clear as to what is required to be declared winner in any presidential contest.
Please kindly have a re-think on your so called "clear narrative"
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Toks2008(m): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

So daft of u... so in ur empty head, the framers of that section of the constitution would first consider if two-third of the total number of states in the country would amount into a whole number before they coming up with that section. So pathetic! I didn't know I've been arguing with a '?' person. I am done replying u.

I will help you for the last time and I will give up on you.

The constitution says 25% in twothird of 36 states and Abuja.

Now 2/3 of 36 is simply 24 and Abuja making the 25th.

But since some people like you want to make Abuja a 37th state, that is why you are confusing yourself.

It simply means the winner must have 25% in at least 24 states out of 36states and in addition, must have 25% in Abuja.

Abuja is a federal capital not a state.

Learn boy.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by rtdCivilservant: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2023
[quote author=Trustyourself post=122656085][/quote]
Oga I am talking about the interpretation to the electoral law on the 'two-third and 25%' controversy and not on what happened on the election day.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Toks2008(m): 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Now take time to read this...

It is lengthy but it will be very helpful.

https://www.nairaland.com/7632028/need-25-abuja-other-requirements
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by computer0810(m): 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2023
perryy:
. Was Abuja not specifically mentioned unlike other states ? Why did those who drafted the constitution not simply say 25% in 2/3 of 37 states since Abuja is a state ?

U r dumb....Abuja is not a state but it does not have any superiority in voting power than other states......36 states of Nigeria and the FCT

If u think obi will ever get into aso rock thru d back door u r a dreamer
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by emanobis(m): 10:57pm On May 18, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

@ the bolded is another way of saying "AND" fct

Including FCT or "with FCT included" would have been a better phrase than using AND coz using AND in that contest treats FCT as an entity with its own conditions

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

List Of Universities That Can Legally Run Part Time Programmes By NUC / University Of Uyo Cult War: Security Man Injured (Graphic Photos) / Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.