Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem (48122 Views)

25% In FCT: Exam Question From ABU, Zaria Law Faculty / Solve This Mathematics Word Problem / Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by satysaca: 5:47am On Apr 20, 2023
For one to be admitted into the faculty of Law you must have 5 credits and ENGLISH language. . That's even if you have 8A in all the subject and fail to credit your ENGLISH language you will never be admitted to Law faculty or department. This is simple. 5 credits and ENGLISH. That's you MUST CREDUT ENGLISH to be admitted to Law Faculty. Go and check.

quote author=samdemmis post=122625804]If 25% of vote in Abuja (FCT) is solely required to win presidential election in Nigeria, every candidate will just focus on winning more than 75% of FCT vote. Let’s look at it from this angle: if a candidate wins all the 36 states with majority votes but failed to secure 25% in Abuja, is the candidate a winner or not? During Obasanjo’s regime , it has been declared by the court and constitution that Abuja has the same status as other 36 states. The constitution is not ambiguous. [/quote]
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by lolu2019: 5:49am On Apr 20, 2023
WesternPanzer:
No need of speaking long grammar. I have another formular albeit more straight forward.

(A) To gain admission to UNIZIK, a candidate must score at least C in 6 subjects including Mathematics and English. Even if you scored As in 9 subjects but had Fs in English and Maths, you have failed automatically.

The Admissions board by this demand confers special status on Mathematics and English even though they are still "subjects" like others.

By implication, same situation applies to the 25% requirement in my opinion.

The Constitution by that section granted Special Status to Abuja as the Federal Capital Territory even though it may still be interpreted as a State.

As long as Tinubu did not score 25% in Abuja, he is an illegal President Elect based on the constitution. Reason most world leaders are not congratulating him.

This is also why Datti Ahmed said that swearing in Tinubu will be an assault on Nigeria's Democracy because doing so would be unconstitutional.

But what do I know? Nigeria has always been a huge crime scene where the highest criminals gets their way. Know this and know peace.

N.B
One reminder to those quoting me. Lets not also Forget that The So called President elect forfeited 460,000 dollars in money related to drug crimes. Do you honestly believe that if he didnt know he will be convicted, he will forfeit thay money? undecided undecided

The Tinubu I know as a Sly Fox is well aware that the US authorities have damning evidence against him and pursuing "Not Guilty" will nail him to the Cross of Chicago. Reason he forfeited. Make no mistakes about this.
is it ur money.y use Panadol for another person headache.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by nams77: 5:58am On Apr 20, 2023
flokii:
Stop wasting your time.. No court will declare someone in distant third position winner when the person that took first and got required constitutional spread is there... What is so special about the FCT if I may ask? Are the residents in the FCT more Nigerian than those in Kwara, Osun and likes? Answer is capital NO.

In a 100m race for example.. have you ever seen the athlete that took third declared winner over the ones in first and second position? Never!
Such illegality will never happen in Nigeria. Asiwaju Tinubu is president-elect whether you like it or not.
I have seen. Hope uzodinma of imo state
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by satysaca: 6:02am On Apr 20, 2023
In WAEC You have 9 Subjects and for you to Gain admission in LAW FACULTY you must CREDIT FIVE SUBJECTS AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE .If you credit 8 subjects and FAIL ENGLISH you won't gain admission into Law faculty. Is the same thing with 36 state and a territory. All are SUBJECTS but ENGLISH was made mandatory. Likewise states are the same but ABUJA was made mandatory to be sworn in as a PRESIDENT In NIGERIA you must secure 25% of of 36 state
and Abuja .

quote author=rtdCivilservant post=122628305]
@ the bolded is another way of saying "AND" fct[/quote]
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by ohnaigee(m): 6:06am On Apr 20, 2023
rtdCivilservant:
I believe u brought this cos of the confused interpretation by some on what the electoral law stipulates. From what u posted, it is obvious the territory is not a state, if it were a state u would have have correctly said 37 states... Why do we allow simple English to get us confused?
For example, let's use a class of 9 boys and 1 girl. I may say for u to emerge the class-rep, two-thirds of the 9 boys and the girl must be willing to give u half portions of their daily meal. Now this does not mean that for anyone to emerge, they must get two-third of half the daily meals of the 9 boys and half the daily meal of the only girl. A girl is not a boy, so u don't expect me to say 10 boys, that is where the AND comes in. The right interpretation be same as if I assume the only girl is a boy and say two-third of 10 boys or two-thirds of the 10 students. In the case of our country, "AND" there shouldn't confuse anyone, it is only so cos FCT is not a state and that is the only way of accommodating the entity (FCT) into the grammatical expression.

well done with this clarification @rtdCivilservant

so whether minimum ¼ OR ⅔ OR 100% of the class boys (AND the girl) consented to the meal deal, balubalu agenda was unequivocally & serially repealed by the FCT..😩😩

(AND the girl) means that whosoever brokers the major chunk of her meal becomes her choice, NO minimum percentage applies unlike the boys; but even still..

NO deal for balubalu lipsrsealed
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by josite: 6:10am On Apr 20, 2023
rtdCivilservant:
I believe u brought this cos of the confused interpretation by some on what the electoral law stipulates. From what u posted, it is obvious the territory is not a state, if it were a state u would have have correctly said 37 states... Why do we allow simple English to get us confused?
For example, let's use a class of 9 boys and 1 girl. I may say for u to emerge the class-rep, two-thirds of the 9 boys and the girl must be willing to give u half portions of their daily meal. Now this does not mean that for anyone to emerge, they must get two-third of half the daily meals of the 9 boys and half the daily meal of the only girl. A girl is not a boy, so u don't expect me to say 10 boys, that is where the AND comes in. The right interpretation be same as if I assume the only girl is a boy and say two-third of 10 boys or two-thirds of the 10 students. In the case of our country, "AND" there shouldn't confuse anyone, it is only so cos FCT is not a state and that is the only way of accommodating the entity (FCT) into the grammatical expression.

Agreed a girl is not a boy and further agreed ordinarily fct is not a state but the supreme court of Nigeria has already ruled years ago that fct must be treated as a state in all respect..And it is the duty of the supreme court to give a final interpretation to any law in Nigeria.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 20, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Can you solve the problem?
After solving your maths go and hang tinubus picture in your parlour.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by confydoedowaye(m): 6:26am On Apr 20, 2023
egunna:
say u go suffer no mean say all of us go suffer.d one u dey now no b everybody dey hear am

Dey play... no get sence oooo....
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Kaiser20: 6:37am On Apr 20, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Tinubu has at least 4 years as your president..if you like use calculus dey solve linear equation...

yeye...
Those Sai Baba
Buhari supporters in 2015 said even if Buhari provided a NEPA bill he still is the president. No calculus can solve the linear equation, every other person is a waiver.
8 years later, his supporters wailed and threw stones at Bihari.
Open your eyes!
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Vello(m): 6:49am On Apr 20, 2023
WesternPanzer:
No need of speaking long grammar. I have another formular albeit more straight forward.

(A) To gain admission to UNIZIK, a candidate must score at least C in 6 subjects including Mathematics and English. Even if you scored As in 9 subjects but had Fs in English and Maths, you have failed automatically.

The Admissions board by this demand confers special status on Mathematics and English even though they are still "subjects" like others.

The Constitution by that section granted Special Status to Abuja as the Federal Capital Territory even though it may still be interpreted as a State.

As long as Tinubu did not score 25% in Abuja, he is an illegal President Elect based on the constitution. Reason most world leaders are not congratulating him.

This is also why Datti Ahmed said that swearing in Tinubu will be an assault on Nigeria's Democracy because doing so would be unconstitutional.

But what do I know? Nigeria has always been a huge crime scene where the highest criminals gets their way. Know this and know peace.

N.B
One reminder to those quoting me. Lets not also Forget that The So called President elect forfeited 460,000 dollars in money related to drug crimes. Do you honestly believe that if he didnt know he will be convicted, he will forfeit thay money? undecided undecided

The Tinubu I know as a Sly Fox is well aware that the US authorities have damning evidence against him and pursuing "Not Guilty" will nail him to the Cross of Chicago. Reason he forfeited. Make no mistakes about this.
in your selective wisdom, a single Abuja resident is equivalent to 800,000 votes from other states combined, right?

Let me ask you, if this situation is reversed and your candidate Obi met all other criteria but this Abuja 25% imbroglio is brought against him by Asiwaju, would you have said all you just said?

On the forfeited sum in the US, much as I believe Asiwaju owes no one explanation for a case as far back as more than 30yrs prior but for posterity, I'll tell you that US law has no place for plea bargaining in narcotics if you're found guilty of the act. No one talks about Atiku's US criminal case, no one talks about Obi's Pandora case, none talks about Obi's UK detention and the basis. It's all about Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu!!!
Why so petty!
Why so devious!
Why so irrational!

And Christians that preaches love are mostly in the forefront of this devilish act.
What a country and citizens whose psyche is bastardized to hound and kill their best on the alter of religion and tribal considerations
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Pacyrus(m): 7:01am On Apr 20, 2023
My own na to dey read comments, after all we dey fly windows jump down from 2 storey building anytime we sight our math teacher; at Ire-Akari Grammer School, Isolo. Way back in the 90s. grin
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Regie2bless: 7:02am On Apr 20, 2023
Obinoscopy:
1. A recruiting firm advertised for a job and people from 36 States and a Territory applied. The recruiting firm was tasked to recruit at least 25% of people from at least two thirds of the States and the Territory. If there are 100 people in each of the States and 120 people from the Territory, what's the minimum number of people the firm should at least employ?

A. 600
B. 620
C. 625
D. 630
E. None of the Above

2. In addition to the requirements above, the recruiting firm was told the Territory is also to be considered as a State. Thus the requirement reads thus: recruit at least 25% of people from at least two thirds of the States and the Territory. And the Territory is to be considered a State. What's the minimum number of people the firm should at least employ?

A. 600
B. 620
C. 625
D. 630
E. None of the Above

Please show your workings. Anyone who shows very clear workings and gets the answer has solved the 25% electoral requirement quagmire that is confusing many people.
the first question is non of the above( option E) because 25% 0f 100= 25 so 25×36 = 900 and 25% of 120= 30. So adding both entities up u get 930 as ur final answer which is not in the option.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by awoo10(m): 7:16am On Apr 20, 2023
Brainwashed per excellence
flokii:
Stop wasting your time.. No court will declare someone in distant third position winner when the person that took first and got required constitutional spread is there... What is so special about the FCT if I may ask? Are the residents in the FCT more Nigerian than those in Kwara, Osun and likes? Answer is capital NO.

In a 100m race for example.. have you ever seen the athlete that took third declared winner over the ones in first and second position? Never!
Such illegality will never happen in Nigeria. Asiwaju Tinubu is president-elect whether you like it or not.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Felabrity: 7:18am On Apr 20, 2023
Assetosky:

The constitution says treat the capital as if it were a state in such matters.

Kids too full here
and you can't back it up with the screenshot?

Bst
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by hush15: 7:25am On Apr 20, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

For anyone to be declared winner it is not mandatory that the candidate must score 25% of the votes cast in Abuja(FCT) provided the candidate is able to ganer 25% of the total of 37 entities.

But the law doesn't state so. The Word "must" is included in that section and it precede the requirements, so whatever must apply to the 36 States must apply to the FCT.

Why are we twisting simple English upside down...
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by hush15: 7:28am On Apr 20, 2023
WesternPanzer:

N.B
One reminder to those quoting me. Lets not also Forget that The So called President elect forfeited 460,000 dollars in money related to drug crimes. Do you honestly believe that if he didnt know he will be convicted, he will forfeit that money? undecided undecided

You haven't included is Perhury for lying under oath with his dual citizenship.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Lanretoye(m): 7:33am On Apr 20, 2023
rtdCivilservant:
even in the law,invalidation of votes of 36 states because of One FcT doesn’t hold water. This is democracy.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by SpaceXR: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2023
Obinoscopy:
1. A recruiting firm advertised for a job and people from 36 States and a Territory applied. The recruiting firm was tasked to recruit at least 25% of people from at least two thirds of the States and the Territory. If there are 100 people in each of the States and 120 people from the Territory, what's the minimum number of people the firm should at least employ?

A. 600
B. 620
C. 625
D. 630
E. None of the Above

2. In addition to the requirements above, the recruiting firm was told the Territory is also to be considered as a State. Thus the requirement reads thus: recruit at least 25% of people from at least two thirds of the States and the Territory. And the Territory is to be considered a State. What's the minimum number of people the firm should at least employ?

A. 600
B. 620
C. 625
D. 630
E. None of the Above

Please show your workings. Anyone who shows very clear workings and gets the answer has solved the 25% electoral requirement quagmire that is confusing many people.

1) Minimum employees for recruitment.
A recruiting firm advertised for a job and people from 36 States and a Territory applied. The recruiting firm was tasked to recruit at least 25% of people from at least two thirds of the States and the Territory. If there are 100 people in each of the States and 120 people from the Territory, what's the minimum number of people the firm should at least employ?

To determine the minimum number of people the firm should employ, we need to first determine which States and the Territory qualify for the 25% requirement.

At least two-thirds of the 36 States and the Territory is 24 States and the Territory. To qualify for the 25% requirement, a State or Territory must have at least 25 people applying for the job (25% of 100 applicants).

Therefore, the following States and the Territory qualify:

24 States with at least 25 applicants each
1 Territory with at least 25 applicants
For the States with at least 25 applicants each, the total number of applicants from those States is:

24 States x 100 applicants per State = 2,400 applicants

For the Territory with at least 25 applicants, the number of applicants from the Territory is:

120 applicants from the Territory

The total number of applicants from the qualifying States and the Territory is:

2,400 + 120 = 2,520 applicants

To determine the minimum number of people the firm should employ, we need to take at least 25% of the total number of applicants:

25% of 2,520 applicants = 630 employees

Therefore, the firm should at least employ 630 people.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by denvers: 7:52am On Apr 20, 2023
The first question's answer is 630.
A quarter of 100 is 25
Two-third of 36 is 24
24 * 25 = 600
A quarter of 120 (territory) is 30
600 + 30 = 630
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by shonepa(m): 7:52am On Apr 20, 2023
Check the constitution again....no body is confused. You are the only one confused because this is the first time its happening in our elections.

Since 1999 all president elect won 25% and FCT, except this 2023 election.

In this case thats why FCT is considered a state. Its in the constitution, thats if you know where it is written.

Dont get it twisted, it was same with Washington Dc in the united states of America, but now their votes are as ordinary as every other states.

Unless you concluded Falana is aslo a confused lawyer.

rtdCivilservant:
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by leketon: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2023
Obinoscopy:

A. 600
B. 620
C. 625
D. 630
E. None of the Above

A. 600
B. 620
C. 625
D. 630
E. None of the Above

Why not give FCT same 100?

You will calculate for the next 8 years, anyways...
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Philosophic: 7:58am On Apr 20, 2023
The answer is 630 in both cases (questions).

The use of 'and' indicates that the FCT shoul be taken as a seperate entity. The same calculation you could use in a computer AND logic gate: Both criteria at the two sides of AND must be satisfied to give the desired output. Hence, 25% in the FCT is required.

If the constitution intended otherwise, the clause would've been 'with the fct inclusive' or any other similar clause.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Queendera(f): 8:03am On Apr 20, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Abuja to be Special status. So you are saying the votes cast in Abuja is special than the one cast in your village or people in Abuja ar special than people in your village. Do you know the constitution says that every vote cast in the country are equal ? Pls stop your nonsense by making Abuja to be special
it's not special status. It's the condition for winning election.

We have 36 states but you only need 25% in 24 states.

Does that mean those 24 states are special? No, it is only the condition.

Including Abuja as a requirement is nothing special but only inclusiveness just as the other 24 states.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by benofafrica1(m): 8:04am On Apr 20, 2023
WesternPanzer:

N.B
One reminder to those quoting me. Lets not also Forget that The So called President elect forfeited 460,000 dollars in money related to drug crimes. Do you honestly believe that if he didnt know he will be convicted, he will forfeit that money? undecided undecided

Did you see the word "including" in the Math problem given?. The word "and" simply means that FCT is to be counted too and not excluded because it doesn't have all the elements of a State. The purpose of that provision is to ensure that FCT residents are not disenfranchised. It is actually crazy to say that for anyone to be President of Nigeria, he must have 25% in any particular place. Think about it.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by SLOVFO(m): 8:20am On Apr 20, 2023
flokii:

angry...Easy man. It's the constitution we are talking about here
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by denitro(m): 8:20am On Apr 20, 2023
flokii:

You are very funny.
Let me refresh your memory
2019 Imo State gubernatorial election
If someone who came 4th is now the governor, what is so special about making someone 3rd President.
Your APC court has done it before so it is very possible

Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by HIPROFILE(m): 8:26am On Apr 20, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Like we usually say, Nigeria is made up of '36 states AND the fct'. Let's use mathematics to try this.
Let x=36 states AND the fct.
Then I can say, for a candidate to be declared winner, that candidate must get two-third of the voted cast in x. Simple!

I think my question was simple! what does AND mean in a statement try check your dictionary than pulling off this jagwajantis mathematics.

Try to understand first the basic meaning of AND for you to proceed further.
Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by Yankiss(m): 8:26am On Apr 20, 2023
rtdCivilservant:
You are confusing yourself here. The girl is a necessary requirement. You can get from all the boys but lacking the girl's gets you nowhere. Just like failing English or mathematics and getting A1 in all other subjects. No admission. QED.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by YemyTemmy: 8:26am On Apr 20, 2023
nairalee:
My final answer is this: TINUBU DOES NOT QUALIFY TO BE THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA

Because voters in abj get two heads abi? Why is English difficult for you people nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem by blacknp(m): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2023
rtdCivilservant:
I believe u brought this cos of the confused interpretation by some on what the electoral law stipulates.

From what u posted, it is obvious the territory is not a state, if it were a state u would have have correctly said 37 states... Why do we allow simple English to get us confused?

299. The provisions of this Constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation; and accordingly -

(a) all the legislative powers, the executive powers and the judicial powers vested in the House of Assembly, the Governor of a State and in the courts of a State shall, respectively, vest in the National Assembly, the President of the Federation and in the courts which by virtue of the foregoing provisions are courts established for the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja;

(b) all the powers referred to in paragraph (a) of this section shall be exercised in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution; and

(c) the provisions of this Constitution pertaining to the matters aforesaid shall be read with such modifications and adaptations as may be reasonably necessary to bring them into conformity with the provisions of this section.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

University Of Uyo Cult War: Security Man Injured (Graphic Photos) / Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State / Nigerian Breaks Academic Record At University Of Manchester!!! Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.