Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males (8594 Views)

6 Quick Ways To Handle Breakups / Who Handles Breakups Easier! / Hilarious Breakups Via Letter And Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by dealordea(m): 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
I have noticed this throughout my entire life, and I have always wondered why, and I believe I have finally come to some answers. What I have always found interesting, and this is true of almost every male friend of mine, and every male family member, but I find it interesting that more times than not, it is usually the female who breaks up with the male, and it is almost ALWAYS the male who goes into a deep sense of depression for months to even years after a break up, while the female usually just goes on her merry way like all is well. grin grin grin

I really think this is because of two reasons. One, a female, no matter how ugly, can usually find a date or a mate in a day if they want to. I mean there is no shortage or males out there trying to get with them. And two!a male, no matter how miserable he is, will have a very hard time ever breaking up with a female. He would rather stay with her and be miserable, or cheat and stay with her, than break up. I really think this has to do with evolution and the fact that the male species of almost every animal has a "herding" instinct. That is to get as many females as possible, to breed with them, and he will often fight to the death to keep her from mating with another male. angry angry angry

I also might add another reason, many females I have talked to about this say it takes A LOT for them to break up with their mate, but once they make that decision to do so, they are very good at sticking to that decision and moving on. It's like they finally hit a point where they have had enough, and no matter what the male does from then on, her decision is final. Males tend to waffle a lot more when it comes to this and be more willing to take her back, again the herding instinct.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by pendo89(f): 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2011

I only agree with the last paragraph & because you used the word 'many'. Some women behave like lot's wife.
A lady may take in lots of crap with hopes that things would get better but there's a breaking point in every woman.The point of no return.
you get out lot's style.Never looking back.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2011
Ok how come that female banker commited suicide wen her boyfriend left her grin

1 Like

Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by sexsinners(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2011
deal_ordea:

I have noticed this throughout my entire life, and I have always wondered why, and I believe I have finally come to some answers. What I have always found interesting, and this is true of almost every male friend of mine, and every male family member, but I find it interesting that more times than not, it is usually the female who breaks up with the male, and it is almost ALWAYS the male who goes into a deep sense of depression for months to even years after a break up, while the female usually just goes on her merry way like all is well. grin grin grin

I really think this is because of two reasons. One, a female, no matter how ugly, can usually find a date or a mate in a day if they want to. I mean there is no shortage or males out there trying to get with them. And two!a male, no matter how miserable he is, will have a very hard time ever breaking up with a female. He would rather stay with her and be miserable, or cheat and stay with her, than break up. I really think this has to do with evolution and the fact that the male species of almost every animal has a "herding" instinct. That is to get as many females as possible, to breed with them, and he will often fight to the death to keep her from mating with another male. angry angry angry

I also might add another reason, many females I have talked to about this say it takes A LOT for them to break up with their mate, but once they make that decision to do so, they are very good at sticking to that decision and moving on. It's like they finally hit a point where they have had enough, and no matter what the male does from then on, her decision is final. Males tend to waffle a lot more when it comes to this and be more willing to take her back, again the herding instinct.

this is so true ,after my gf dumped me i wanted toi get her prenant so badky, than i wanted to stay single forever. i am still recovering from tht breakup and i still wanna get her pregnant.

when will this torture end.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by mazaje(m): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
Not completely true. . . .Women are more emotional than men. . . .I have seen and heard of more women commit suicide because they were jilted than men, I have only heard of one case where a guy committed suicide because he was jilted, have heard many cases of women killing themselves because they were jilted. . . .
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by freecocoa(f): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2011
Not entirely true cos women are very emotional creatures and men are very polygamous in nature.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by MMM2(m): 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2011
do people still fall in love or lust ? angry
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by pleep(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2011
can u guys stop talking all this BS about 'herding" and "instict' and "nature" its so dumb and it doenst make sense.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Goldieluks: 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2011
@OP Says who?

could you believe am still nursing a heartbreak of God knows when? Me think men handle it better.
undecided
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by sexsinners(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2011
M M M:

do people still fall in love or lust ? angry
Trust me on this one if you never banged the chick your dating ,it will hurt a lot when she dumps you.

angry

i mean no sex beforee marriage else u go to hell!!!
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by sexsinners(m): 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
okay let me get this straight ,

for girls its crying their life out, and blaming themseleves aka [color=Black]suicide
, for guys it's getting revenge on the girl that's why

you hear about girls getting ganged raped and acid thrown at their face.
[/color]

so both genders havd issues with break ups.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2011
pendo89:

I only agree with the last paragraph & because you used the word 'many'. Some women behave like lot's wife.
A lady may take in lots of crap with hopes that things would get better[b] but there's a breaking point in every woman.The point of no return.
you get out lot's style.Never looking back. [/b]

There is no breaking point when it comes to Nigeria women
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by SwiftSMS(f): 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2011
smiley deal_ordea are you sure we handle break-ups better?

Like someone said we are emotional creatures and I don't remember handling any of my break-ups well (especially if s. e. x. was involved) but then I really don't know how my ex's handled things they may have been better off or worse off than I was.

Hell, no one ever wants to admit how they truly feel in the event of a break up. We all try to put on a brave face for family & friends, act like it's not a big deal, we pretend we are okay, we are moving on or we have moved on cheesy cheesy cheesy then try to act all cool, calm and collected when we run into that ex in public grin grin meanwhile our hearts are breaking up into a thousand pieces within us.

Can't help but remember those days, well now am all grown and done with pretences in my life If I am sad, happy, angry or hurt etc I let myself go through those emotions without denying them.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by cantell(m): 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2011
@op,
Your observation is based on girls that think they're in love.
I once dated a girl shortly several years back, but i broke up with after a few months, cos there was no reason to lead her on.
Till this moment, anytime she sees me, still reminds me of what i did to her.(i still believe what i did was for the best)
So IMO, you're wrong.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by martyns303(m): 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2011
Its funny each time i see sumtin like this. first it depends on the individuality of the individuals involved and the factors surrounding the breakup. However, generally its more difficult for a guy. when my GF of 3yrs dumped me (without me sexing her, cos she was a virgin at the time) i tot i would go crazy. i was reporting it to every one that knew about us, i wanted to shout it at the top of the world, i even opened a topic here on NL about it. For 2yrs i was trying to get over her, am still not completely over her after 4yrs. Better status means playing big, u use em, u dump em, but if u really Love her and she dumps u, YOU WILL BE SCREWED FOR LIFE. You MAY find some one better, but never like her.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by pendo89(f): 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
odiaero:

There is no breaking point when it comes to Nigeria women

You guys never cease to amaze. How an innocent thread transforms into a nigerian woman puzzles me.
What do u mean they don't break. are they rocks and not women with hearts? I have never met a people who despise their women the way you guys do.
And its not just on nl, I hv a workmate in UK who narrated a horrifying story about domestic abuse from his woman. And he vowed never to date them.
NL makes it even worse.Love and appreciate them first then you will reap the fruits of your love. Theres still a generation coming.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Roland17(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2011
Women are only good at pretending they are doing fine after a break up, they live with the pain inside. i just feel it depends on the level of energy and commitment each party places on the relationship, even men cry after a break up, especially if they meant well for the relationship.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2011
Specious argument. It might seem true only because most guys are strugglers, ('losers' if you prefer) who make the fatal mistake of investing their emotions - and limited resources - in 'loving' a girl they think might be difficult to replace. More often than not, girls realize they are doing such guys a favour by dating them - and they do not love the guy as deeply as he loves them. So whenever she decides to opt out and go for 'greener pastures', the poor guy often finds it difficult to overcome his grief. I don't know too many rich or well to do guys (in Nigeria at least) that waste time trying to overcome a so-called break-up: more often than not, they do the breaking up sef. Besides a beautiful girl is probably the easiest and cheapest thing to get for the average rich dude here. Why cry over something you can so effortlessly replace? So basically, post-break up trauma is mainly a struggling/broke guy problem; naija girls are quite merciless when they're in a 'relationship' with this sort of guy. But there is a way to prevent this.

he remedy for this heartbreak of a thing is simple: Never love a girl more than she loves you. In fact, never love her at all sef. Liking her - in as temporary a manner as possible - is sufficient. Emotional indifference is such a powerful tool that makes you immune to the bullshyte of most of these fickle girls. But as long as you prefer to love a girl deeply rather than face the more meaningful task of making money, you would grieve deeply sooner or later.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by sexsinners(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2011
martyns303:

Its funny each time i see sumtin like this. first it depends on the individuality of the individuals involved and the factors surrounding the breakup. However, generally its more difficult for a guy. when my GF of 3yrs dumped me (without me sexing her, cos she was a virgin at the time) i tot i would go crazy. i was reporting it to every one that knew about us, i wanted to shout it at the top of the world, i even opened a topic here on NL about it. For 2yrs i was trying to get over her, am still not completely over her after 4yrs. Better status means playing big, u use em, u dump em, but if u really Love her and she dumps u, YOU WILL BE SCREWED FOR LIFE. You MAY find some one better, but never like her.

3 yrs, omg dude i would of probably accidently hurt her.

oh man i can imagine the pain

thts why i always say virgins are dangerous
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by HighChief4(m): 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2011
It depends on what actually led to the break up and handling it has nothing to do with gender. The dumper always handle it better than the dumpee
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by dealordea(m): 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2011
This is also all governed by the sexual marketplace. P*ssy has about 10X the value as p*nis.

That's why even average to ugly girls always have a plethora of options and available men. (most of who look much better than she does)

Most guys never experience this. Imagine knowing that at any moment, no matter if your in a relationship or not, you can get a date or have someone there waiting for you with attention, time, sex, and money(multiple someones)

This is how it is for mostly all women. So its no surprise that they don't sweat breakups too much. They can get another bf at any time, hell, she probably has 3 new options in that same week she dumps the guy alone.

Its a crazy time to be living in, I'm young but from what I've heard, its never been like this before in the past.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
martyns303:

Lol at bold and the link  
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=360194.msg5039326#msg5039326
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by dealordea(m): 6:49pm On Sep 22, 2011
Goldieluks:

@OP Says who?

could you believe am still nursing a heartbreak of God knows when? Me think men handle it better.
undecided
Don't tell me that bullshit, Have find myself in such case before and i had to nurse the bullshit of heartbreak more than a year, Let me tell you, almost ALWAYS the male who goes into a deep sense of depression for months to even years after a break up, while the female usually just goes on her merry way like all is well. It's because men based their sense of self-worth on their gf/wife. Much like the same way they based it on their career/job. This is why they fall into depression when they lose either one.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by ronkebp(f): 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
It depends on the individual, some ladies are strong at heart, but whether male or female, if love was really involved in the relationship, then it would take couple of years and that is , if you ever get over that person.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
To me, It's really an individual thing! We can argue from now till tomorrow! Females would say females, and male would say males! But the truth is Males cry, females cry! Males pretend, females pretend! How you handle it depends on your frame of mind at that particular point in time and your emotional infrastructure as a person!
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by dealordea(m): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2011
Swift SMS:

smiley deal_ordea are you sure we handle break-ups better?

Like someone said we are emotional creatures and I don't remember handling any of my break-ups well (especially if s. e. x. was involved) but then I really don't know how my ex's handled things they may have been better off or worse off than I was.

Hell, no one ever wants to admit how they truly feel in the event of a break up. We all try to put on a brave face for family & friends, act like it's not a big deal, we pretend we are okay, we are moving on or we have moved on cheesy cheesy cheesy then try to act all cool, calm and collected when we run into that ex in public grin grin meanwhile our hearts are breaking up into a thousand pieces within us.

Can't help but remember those days, well now am all grown and done with pretences in my life If I am sad, happy, angry or hurt etc I let myself go through those emotions without denying them.

This is so true^

My girlfriend would immediately have 5 options if we broke up. I would have 0.

A week after the breakup she would have 20 options, I would have maybe 5.

Its constantly an uphill battle to show higher value to women,
You better agree. I have always used this analogy when talking to women. If you are an average to hot girl, you could walk into any a bar and approach 100 men and say "Hi, my name is seun, I want to sleep with you, so lets go". And 97% of the men would say "game on!". If a man did that to a woman at a bar? Unless you were a ten or a well known celebrity, your % MAY BE 1-2% or so, and maybe 10-15% for the celebrity. It really is night and day comparing the males and females.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by lagcity(m): 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2011
pro01:

But as long as you prefer to love a girl deeply rather than face the more meaningful task of making money, you would grieve deeply sooner or later.

Words in Marble grin grin grin If you abandon your business in order to chase woman, your buckets of tears will be enough to put out the fire in a burning skyscraper.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by McStoic(m): 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2011
This topic should be a kick in d butt to all those guys who overly brood over heartbreak. In d first place, such guys are sissies nay wussies and deserve every bit of d breakup. The golden rule of romance 4 real men is to like ur lady very much, add little bits of luv. If at all there gonna be luv, hang it around 45% plus d likeness. Why strain ur heart on a person whom u haven't married yet. On d other hand, methinks every person ought to taste heartbreak in their lifetime prolly before marriage, so as to keep some things in check sha. Real men prepare 4 the worst 4rm d outset, SIGHS, Tis a pity most guys these days are men only by their privates. Whatever happened to the world of nonchalance!

1 Like

Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2011
Mc Stoic:

Real men prepare 4 the worst 4rm d outset,
cool
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by tlops(m): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2011
Females are in demand
deal_ordea:

This is so true^

My girlfriend would immediately have 5 options if we broke up. I would have 0.

A week after the breakup she would have 20 options, I would have maybe 5.

Its constantly an uphill battle to show higher value to women,
You better agree. I have always used this analogy when talking to women. If you are an average to hot girl, you could walk into any a bar and approach 100 men and say "Hi, my name is seun, I want to sleep with you, so lets go". And 97% of the men would say "game on!". If a man did that to a woman at a bar? Unless you were a ten or a well known celebrity, your % MAY BE 1-2% or so, and maybe 10-15% for the celebrity. It really is night and day comparing the males and females.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Freesia(f): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2011
We are all human both Male & Females hurt after a break up we just have different ways of dealing with it
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by McStoic(m): 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2011
@tlops, stop putting women on a pedestal. The key is get a life, as in something worthwhile u are doing. Make friends with various women, ALWAYS tease them 4rm a "holier than thou" standpoint,  above all stop taking women too serious. Nothing puts women off like being too needy. All d same heartbreak is not ur enemy per se. See it as "que sera sera" and u can only get toughened. Many guys like my humble self are spoilt 4 choice cos i do the simple maths of romance wella. One must not live off women's attention to succeed u know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

About To Get Married And Scared Out Of My Damn Mind / Ladies And Guys Rate My Handsomeness On A Scale Of 100 / Lady Catches 17 Yr Old Girl In Bed With Her Husband, Strips Her Naked (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.