Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? (72724 Views)

How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries / Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos / 6 Common Things We Do That Cause Accident While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by harmony75: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
Thanks for sharing... Nice country 👍
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by MrBroke(m): 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
LoL ivory coast. The same one I know. Continue to cap. As horrible as Nigeria is, the only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa.

Dem no know. Even south Africa dey jealous us grin

2 Likes

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by sageb: 8:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
fuckfuckman:
6 years in Ivory Coast and I don’t think I’m coming back anytime soon,
The last time I came back to Nigeria I was Harassed at the Nigerian border Ny NDLEA for no reason
Extorted in Lagos Island by police for absolutely no offense
Intimidated by the street cultist
Lost a lot of items all these happened in the space of 1 month

To me going to Nigeria now is like going to war

Really?
what is the cost of accommodation over there?
Apart from Abidjan, which other city is good for a Nigerian to settle?
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Nonywendy(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
aboyaji:

Gambia is a very good place to be. If you have the cash.

Going to ivory Coast should take up to 80k. But you must factor hotel bills and normal itinerary too
80k is far way too small. Do u knw how much she will pay for her tp to and fro?
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by gentlegenius(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
As horrible as Nigeria is, the only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa.
In terms of what?
Stop displaying your ignorance here... how many African countries have you travelled to?
Small countries like Benin republic, Ghana, Rwanda, Gambia, Ivory coast etc are far better than this zoo you call a country. But unfortunately, Nigeria is far more blessed in resources than these countries. The reason? CORRUPTION! Almost everyone you see in Nigeria is selfish, dishonest and corrupt. That's why things don't work here.
Take our education for example... Ask yourself: How many students from other African countries are coming to Nigeria to study? And why is it that almost every Nigerian parents that can afford it are sending their children to study in other countries?
Why is Nigeria the poverty capital of the world despite all our resources?
It's because NIGERIA IS THE CORRUPTION CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Nonywendy(m): 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Tenza, E be like you don Smoke Weed this Night😂

Algeria?
Tunisia?
Morroco?
Egypt?
Seychelles?
Namibia?

U forgot to add benin republic
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by angelfallz(m): 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
you go knack Morrocan woman abi
tensazangetsu20:

I finished what I went there to do grin

1 Like

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by angelfallz(m): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
why is south africa's unemployment rate so high, with all their job openings?
tensazangetsu20:

True there's no job in Nigeria but other African countries are worst. In a lot of these countries once you leave university you just go back to your father's house and farm. In Cameroon just here doctors hawk drugs as there are no jobs for doctors. You can imagine for other professions. South Africa has the most job openings but the unemployment rate in south Africa is around 70 percent
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by DrAkpamudehe: 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
Coolsphinx:
It's not true, some African countries are relatively better and safe than Nigeria even Gabon, Libreville and Port gentiles are 100% better than Nigeria, stable power supply, good road network, affordable good food, easy access to menial jobs that pay good like hustling in their seaports, they eat more of assorted fish, our regular frozen fish there is not even considered a fish, they eat different types of good fish freshly gotten by Nigerian fishermen from ilaje and ijaw and Sao tome fishermen who go to fishing on the high sea on a daily basis than red beef, they flex weekends like carnivals good music, drinks and barbecue fish from Friday evening till late hours of Sunday night, nothing robbery, the only thing amazing about Nigeria is our music and social life and Nigerians got style besides that Naija is messed up, highly insecured with greedy politicians. Luanda, Angola is also cool.

It is easier to get American visa than getting Angolan visa. The country is heaven on earth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by angelfallz(m): 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
Bro, you need to change this mentality or belief that blacks are corrupt. Before the white man came, were blacks corrupt?
abobote:
When we say Nigeria is the worse country on earth, some will say you are abusing your country.

I think we chased the whites away, when we were not ready to govern, coz most of these countries, including côté Ivoire, were built by whites.
Blacks are very corrupt, especially Nigeria ( the most corrupt country on earth).
Whites will take some of your resources, but they will give you basic amenities, like water, electricity, road and security.

You exaggerated on the price of banana though, except you are in their village
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Truthshscrazy: 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
undecided
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by schoolboymatt(m): 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
even without the emoji at 6b, I still would have laughed.
grin
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
angelfallz:
why is south africa's unemployment rate so high, with all their job openings?

The jobs no dey enough. You can imagine how it is for other countries with no job openings.

1 Like

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by dododawa1: 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
Greatness09:
Same thing someone visiting Nigeria and stayed only in Lekki will say Nigeria is a very beautiful and organized place…..LMAO 😂😂😂

Take keke go Ikorodu first
IJEDODO,IJEAGEMO , ALIMOSHO axis

1 Like

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by sherylbaky(f): 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

There are no jobs in Namibia o. You need to read Namibians wailing on Reddit. Namibia was top three in the number of unemployed citizens globally before Covid. Nigerian youths have more economic opportunities to than the average Namibian youth. If the country was relatively peaceful, people would have moved to LCOL states especially in the north and middle belt. Tensa20 is right, only South Africa should be compared to Nigeria. As for others esp those island states, it is an orange-to-apple comparison. Those countries are good to live safely, but not for economic opportunities. Ivory Coast is not even in the top five economies in sub-Saharan Africa. Ghana, upon her perennial IMF begi-begi, has a bigger economy than Ivory Coast.

That was how someone said Sudan is better than Nigeria because Ireland does not subject doctors trained there to qualifying exams. Sudan better than Nigeria? Maybe to groom terrorists.
The bolded is the answer I have been looking for, because I wonder why some Nigerians are schooling in Sudan....Very ridiculous

1 Like

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Allisgud: 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
Area of job,u didn't mention it,that's the reason why they plenty for naija,why because of our currency
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Nonywendy(m): 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
savcy:
What is the cost of rent, and flight ticket?
don't waste ur money on flight. Use road and enjoy the trip. Ur passport will also be stamped at other country's borders which is also a plus
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by InvertedHammer: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
/
People will start dusting their bags to relocate to Ivory Coast. The goal and aspiration of Nigerians is to find a nice place to migrate and scatter like they tried in SA, China, Malaysia and Dubai.

/

3 Likes

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Briteiyobo1(m): 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
LoL ivory coast. The same one I know. Continue to cap. As horrible as Nigeria is, the only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa.
what about Rwanda?
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Broveens42(m): 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
The whole world knows, the only hope of Africa lies in the hearts of a resilient black race

2 Likes

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Benwallt(m): 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
sonature1:

There's a systemic ploy by devilish Nigerians to keep Nigeria grounded in our lifetime. Those who wish to flee can while the rest who don't have a problem with the contraption can stay back and enjoy it.

The point is that those fleeing fools after making money over there will still come back to contest,win and worsen the situation more than they met it.

The problem bedeviling this our country big pass us. We can't solve it by ourselves.

Running won't change a thing.
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by wiseone28: 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
Holywizard:
He's lying ooo.

Accomodations are expensive. I stayed in Abijan for 4 months. Cassava leaf is their main vegetable
Them dey cook cassava leaf chop?

1 Like

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Wotowotoman: 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Gbam!!!
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by PROPEACE: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2023
aboyaji:

You're welcome
How easy is it to get along without any knowledge of French?
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Wotowotoman: 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
gentlegenius:

In terms of what?
Stop displaying your ignorance here... how many African countries have you travelled to?
Small countries like Benin republic, Ghana, Rwanda, Gambia, Ivory coast etc are far better than this zoo you call a country. But unfortunately, Nigeria is far more blessed in resources than these countries. The reason? CORRUPTION! Almost everyone you see in Nigeria is selfish, dishonest and corrupt. That's why things don't work here.
Take our education for example... Ask yourself: How many students from other African countries are coming to Nigeria to study? And why is it that almost every Nigerian parents that can afford it are sending their children to study in other countries?
Why is Nigeria the poverty capital of the world despite all our resources?
It's because NIGERIA IS THE CORRUPTION CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.

Shut up your mouth there. I have travelled to most of the African countries and I can tell you for a fact that many of them no reach Nigeria. Even that Southy sef na just the oyibo people develop am which is why they have better infrastructure. Imagine what Naija would have been without corruption. They don’t call Naija giant of Africa for nothing.

Just Imagine how person go wake up and go hustle for Abidjan wey Ivorians sef dey suffer. Upon that imagine not knowing how to speak French and you think say you go survive there.. I feel like giving you a very hot slap on that your big head. Mugu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by flyinnizam(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
false....Egypt and Morocco far better than Naija

1 Like

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Holywizard: 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
wiseone28:
Them dey cook cassava leaf chop?
yes. They used to slice it like ugu leaf.
It's called Banwe.
I had no options than to eat it.
They don't have much food but there are Igbo Nigerian restaurants all over Abidjan
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by viodemus: 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nice 1.

This is the same Ivory coast that had a mini civil war, some years ago. But because they are not natural criminals, it was easy for them to restart their foundational structure. I mean, they are not too creative to make themselves much more successful, just as many African countries are not successful, but ivory coast and some African countries have a lower corruption threshold, so their leaders mostly complete planned projects; unlike Nigerian leadership that will eat and launder the public project finances.

In summary, Food is cheap outside Nigeria. Many good things work outside Nigeria. These working countries try to run a fair society unlike tribalized Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by wiseone28: 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
Holywizard:
yes. They used to slice it like ugu leaf.
It's called Banwe.
I had no options than to eat it.
They don't have much food but there are Igbo Nigerian restaurants all over Abidjan
And here in Nigeria it is a waste or some goat eat it.

How was the taste? 🤣🤣
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Mummyimbecile(m): 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
aboyaji:
10. The use of generators: I never heard the sound of generators throughout my stay there. Even barbershops don't have it. Light is in abundance. Many times I cut my hair in their shops, I looked out for generator even one of those days there was interruption in power, no barber owned a generator to assist his work. Nobody at all. Total blackouts is generally distributed once there's interruption due to maintenance.

Why won't the barbers make it, financially there? cheesy
Bro, I still wonder why Nigeria government can't provide 24hrs electricity to Nigerians.

Steady electricity supply is not rocket science for crying out loud.

Build a power plant, generate power and distribute it.

As simple as that...

For me, it's these blackouts in Nigeria that is making it underdeveloped.

If you travel abroad, you will think they use witchcraft to keep there lights on 24/7.

I've spent 4years here, and not for a second has my light gone off.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Ikidons(m): 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
I may have to migrate to Ivory Coast before thinking of somewhere else if all these hyping of the country as I'm hoping it is

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Twitter War: Nigeria Vs Kenya (Photos) / Huge Rock In Saudi Arabia Looks Like It Was Cut In Half With Laser Beam(Pics) / Lagos Passenger Sleeping Refused To Wake Up After Reaching Last Bus Stop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.