Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) (3255 Views)

I Have Slept With Over 100 Women – 22 Year Old Lesbian Confesses (video) / Jacob Odulate, The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder Over 100 Years Ago / He Met Me In My Mom's Shop 10 Years Ago,Now This Is Happening; Lady Reveals.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by officialwdhtv: 10:26am On Apr 22, 2023
JACOB ODULATE, The Man Who Invented ALABUKUN Powder Over 100 Years Ago!

Alabukun, one of the oldest drugs in Nigeria and even is still very relevant and popular today. However, not many know the Jacob Odulate aka Blessed Jacob, a Nigerian pharmacist, inventor and entrepreneur and the brain behind the brand that has remained relevant selling in all parts of Nigeria, Benin republic, Cameroon, Ghana and some parts of Europe.

1. Jacob Sogboyega Odulate aka Blessed Jacob was born into a polygamous family in 1884.

2. He was originally from Ikorodu in Lagos State but later moved to the neighbouring Ogun State.

3. At age 14, he trekked for three months from Ikorodu before reaching Abeokuta to establish himself.

4. Blessed Jacob managed to create a brand from what served as his consulting room and workshop in Abeokuta. His modest headquarters was at the Sapon Area, not far from where he later built his famous three-storey building in Ijemo Agbadu.

5. In 1918, he invented the legendary Alabukun powder which is now a hit in the world’s most populous nation and in other West African nations.

6. He sent his children to study at some of the best universities in Durham, Newcastle, United States of America and London. e.g Mrs. Folake Odulate (later to become Chief. Mrs. Folake Solanke) who is the first female lawyer in Nigeria to wear the silk and she also became the first female Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN). In 1966, she established the first law firm by a Nigerian female at Ibadan, Oyo State and named it Alabukun Chambers in honour of her great father.

7. Apart from making the drugs, the energetic Blessed Jacob also produced other brands like Alabukun mentholine, other preparations and an annual journal called Alabukun Almanac which was widely distributed in Abeokuta and eventually all over Nigeria between the 1920s and 1950s.

8. He died in 1962 at age 78.

#wetindeyhappentv

Source:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrVU9xaJeOC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by BrotherSade: 10:27am On Apr 22, 2023
😎
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Queendera(f): 11:33am On Apr 22, 2023
My uncle once sent us to buy this drug when we were kids.

We didn't know it was a drug. That's how trekked from one grocery sellers to another.

Spent a lot of time asking questions.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by fourboys: 11:36am On Apr 22, 2023
Nice
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Sixfeetbelle: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2023
What is the drug meant for?

I've never heard of it before

1 Like

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by ednut1(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2023
Number 2 is not correct. There was nothing like Lagos State or Ogun state when he was alive. Ikorodu was in western region as at the time he died.

10 Likes

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by TyroneP(m): 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2023
Really? It is used for malaria fever treatment, headache, cold, body pain and many more.

Sixfeetbelle:

8 Likes

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Nazgul: 1:15pm On Apr 22, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

It was the Panadol of those days.

10 Likes

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by TinubuShet(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
His great great grand daughter is my crush
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by thisisit: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2023
THERE WERE NO AGBEROS THEN..

THE LEADERS WERE DECENT.. NOT EX-CONVICT OR DRUG LORDS...

4 Likes

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by marlow1962(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2023
Cool
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by imagrg(m): 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2023
Gone are the good old days.
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Dogalmighty17: 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2023
Alabukun! Nothing prevents hang over like that drug. If you want, take 10 bottles if your head fit carry am. Nothing go do you the next morning.

13 Likes

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Dshocker(m): 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Alabukun dey everywhere around the world...

1 Like

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by BeanX(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2023
The last time I took Alabukun was like a decade ago...
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by ruffhandu: 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
Is Abeokuta that far from Ikorodu?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Psady(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2023
Someone once told me to take alabukun mixed with gin before s*X ,that I will stay longer , I did try it and true it worked ,but that night I felt how disruptive it was to my system and organs ,, I will never advice anyone or try such again.

1 Like

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Godsongang: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Better drug for me. If my belle too full of beer and I still want to drink more, just use alabukun and believe me you go drink 2crate of gulder.
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by favour32(m): 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Help yourself by avoiding that drug!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Houseofglam7(f): 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by wiseone28: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2023
It reduces highness
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
wiseone28:
It reduces highness

Alabukun is addictive.

I've taken it before. And I'll tell you that if I see an Alabukun sachet lying around, I won't mind taking it even though I'm not sick.
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by wiseone28: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2023
Miracood2:

Alabukun is addictive.

I've taken it before. And I'll tell you that if I see an Alabukun sachet lying around, I won't mind taking it even though I'm not sick.
I don't know it other usefulness, i only take it when i reach space on highness.
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by BRIMBRAM: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2023
thisisit:
THERE WERE NO AGBEROS THEN..

THE LEADERS WERE DECENT.. NOT EX-CONVICT OR DRUG LORDS...

It is also use to cure depression. grin

2 Likes

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Draggun(m): 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2023
The first time I took Alubukun was when I had malaria but it made me hallucinate for more than 24hrs. The experience scared me, and I swore not to take it again.

It's been more than a decade now, and I have never taken it. Due to the scary experience I had, I hate it so much.
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Nairalander248: 1:21am On Apr 23, 2023
Queendera:
My uncle once sent us to buy this drug when we were kids.

We didn't know it was a drug. That's how trekked from one grocery sellers to another.

Spent a lot of time asking questions.

This caught me laughing hard... I don't even know that's a drug
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Rickmann: 1:36am On Apr 23, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

It's a pain reliever.

1 Like

Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by makaveli902: 4:24am On Apr 23, 2023
ruffhandu:
Is Abeokuta that far from Ikorodu?

You won't know until you trek it. undecided undecided
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by ruffhandu: 6:36am On Apr 23, 2023
makaveli902:

You won't know until you trek it. undecided undecided

Hahahahaha. I just dey ask. i doubt if it is that far. Unless he was working on transit.
Re: Meet Jacob Odulate: The Man Who Invented Alabukun Over 100 Years Ago (pic) by Xtristopher: 6:41am On Apr 23, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Alabukun! Nothing prevents hang over like that drug. If you want, take 10 bottles if your head fit carry am. Nothing go do you the next morning.

That thing works like a magic. The day I tired it I was shocked.

(1) (Reply)

Woman miraculously escaped being raped by an elephant: video / Mohbad Autopsy Result, Share Your Thoughts / Ur Ex Offers U This Toilet Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.