Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife (2257 Views)

Finally!!!! I Am Traveling Out Tomorrow!!!!! / I Sponsor My wife To Dubai now this is happening (Man cry out) / Should I Sponsor Her Education? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2023
Now, I've been confused for a while on this travelling abroad issue. The thing is, I've been working for over 10 year's in a fed govt parastatal, the pay ain't bad at all.
Got married 2 years ago and we've got an extremely beautiful daughter. Now, the ish is my wife has been totally idle. The Real me wants to send my wife abroad (Canada) for studies because she read microbiology in her first degree and I feel she's got the passion for the course. Also she is still relatively young (28 years) while I'm 37.
I'm not doing badly in my current place of work at all. My honest take on this is letting her go first while I stay back and make more money to fund her studies then maybe when she gets settled I and our daughter might join her.

My pop man had encouraged me to travel out, promised to give me the Proof of fund of 25 million whenever I need it.

MY FEARS:What if she changes mid way? I do not have a problem of me going to further mine, but I'm just being realistic in that she's way younger(9 years younger) and her course is one of the most sort after courses they've got abroad currently. I want the best for her but what if she changes midway.

I stumbled on this today on twitter and my fears increased.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2023
And he was ignored

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Drsnives(m): 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2023
I pitty the man

5 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by duduade: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2023
Just you both be prayerful

Rightfully a family is suppose to stay together as a UNIT but as money no too dey too much ....

You can send her to go study while you and daughter gather momentum and you both join her later .. or rather your daughter joins her while you do the back and forth

Just discuss with her and you both agree on which way forward

Don't listen to some quacks who will come here and tell you rubbish

1 Like

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2023
There's basically nothing bad in it but as you have said, what if she changes?

So if you do not trust that process, why not take another route/measure?

Or is taking her to Canada the only way you can support her and help her get out of idleness?

1 Like

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by decatalyst(m): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2023
The question is, what are your plans to level up!

Also, don't you think it would make more sense if you travel as a family?

6 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
There's basically nothing bad in it but as you have said, what if she changes?

So if you do not trust that process, why not take another route/measure?

Or is taking her to Canada the only way you can support her and help her get out of idleness?

No bro, that ain't the only way. Thing is I've come to realize that Nigeria is crap, so many of my colleagues have relocated.

I personally know who I married, I feel she might change when she starts having the bigger box.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
decatalyst:
The question is, what are your plans to level up!

Also, don't you think it would make more sense if you travel as a family?
As a family with which fund? Where is the money for that?

1 Like

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Rooneyboy:

No bro, that ain't the only way. Thing is I've come to realize that Nigeria is crap, so many of my colleagues have relocated.

I personally know who I married, I feel she might change when she starts having the bigger box.

Well, if you have such strong feelings, not going ahead with such plan is what translates as you staying on a safer side.

So maybe you should find a better, safer, less problematic way to help and support her.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2023
duduade:

Rightfully a family is suppose to stay together as a UNIT but as money no too dey too much ....

You can send her to go study while you and daughter gather momentum and you both join her later .. or rather your daughter joins her while you do the back and forth

Okay bro, I've really tried hard not to listen to negative people.

Like my cousin told me to always remain (on top) if his wife gets a job, he'll personally stop her from working.
Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2023
UnusualEmissary:

Well, if you have such strong feelings, not going ahead with such plan is what translates as you staying on a safer side.

So maybe you should find a better, safer, less problematic way to help and support her.

Good luck.
I might just go for the masters program myself, though things might be difficult because there will be no funding from nowhere.

3 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2023
Rooneyboy:
Now, I've been confused for a while on this travelling abroad issue. The thing is, I've been working for over 10 year's in a fed govt parastatal, the pay ain't bad at all.
Got married 2 years ago and we've got an extremely beautiful daughter. Now, the ish is my wife has been totally idle. The Real me wants to send my wife abroad (Canada) for studies because she read microbiology in her first degree and I feel she's got the passion for the course. Also she is still relatively young (28 years) while I'm 37.
I'm not doing badly in my current place of work at all. My honest take on this is letting her go first while I stay back and make more money to fund her studies then maybe when she gets settled I and our daughter might join her.

My pop man had encouraged me to travel out, promised to give me the Proof of fund of 25 million whenever I need it.

MY FEARS:What if she changes mid way? I do not have a problem of me going to further mine, but I'm just being realistic in that she's way younger(9 years younger) and her course is one of the most sort after courses they've got abroad currently. I want the best for her but what if she changes midway.

you guys are married, if you want to leave, then LEAVE TOGETHER WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY! if the whole family cannot leave together, then you should ALL stay back until you are ALL ready to leave together. sending your wife (or yourself) abroad while you/she stay back is not only wrong, its very DANGEROUS.

11 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by decatalyst(m): 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2023
Rooneyboy:

As a family with which fund? Where is the money for that?

I thought you said you are financially okay. Besides, the proof of funds is sorted.

Anyways, put this at the back of your HEAD/mind/earth "women are only loyal to their feelings, not your sacrifices.

You would do something for her and she will blame you for it! Think well before sending her over there:

1. Alone(anyone can take your place)
2. Your marriage is young and you should be together.

6 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by kenn4rill(m): 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2023
A lot of we men can never learn. I believe your inner man is telling you not to do it. You have been hearing a lot of stories about it but you just want to try your luck. It's your marriage and your life so do what ever pleases you.

5 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by labake1(f): 9:26pm On Apr 22, 2023
I no dey put mouth for husband and wife matter.
Follow your heart but she should go with her baby. Don't mind all you read on internet, everyone is not the same

3 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

you guys are married, if you want to leave, then LEAVE TOGETHER WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY! if the whole family cannot leave together, then you should ALL stay back until you are ALL ready to leave together. sending your wife (or yourself) abroad while you/she stay back is not only wrong, its very DANGEROUS.

Thank you boss, I really do appreciate ur input. I believe in ur years of experience.

1 Like

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
labake1:
I no dey put mouth for husband and wife matter.
Follow your heart but she should go with her baby. Don't mind all you read on internet, everyone is not the same
her baby?
How does she intend coping with studies

I'm just tired and confused.
Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2023
kenn4rill:
A lot of we men can never learn. I believe your inner man is telling you not to do it. You have been hearing a lot of stories about it but you just want to try your luck. It's your marriage and your life so do what ever pleases you.

Yeah, my inner mind has been talking to me for some months now, I'm just trying to see if I could maneuver.

But deep down, I know my inner mind ain't making no mistake.

1 Like

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by akube34: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2023
Rooneyboy:

if you know you just want to take a risk, den go ahead.
Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Rooneyboy(m): 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2023
decatalyst:

I thought you said you are financially okay. Besides, the proof of funds is sorted.

Anyways, put this at the back of your HEAD/mind/earth "women are only loyal to their feelings, not your sacrifices.

You would do something for her and she will blame you for it! Think well before sending her over there:

1. Alone(anyone can take your place)
2. Your marriage is young and you should be together.

My salary is " just there" earns slightly above 270k, hence my considering staying back in Nigeria till she balances herself.

But then again, I dey fear women.

1 Like

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by frozen70(f): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2023
Rooneyboy:

Your fear is not what you read on that chat

Your fear is
you don't really know if you can trust her enough to live outside the country

But you said she is your wife, how come you don't have full confidence in her or didn't you perform the proper marriages rights and pay the dowry

Anyway plan for all of you to leave since your dad has promise to give you that huge amount
Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by godliman: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2023
Listen gentleman your wife can do her post graduate here. Don't be the architect of your marriage's destruction. Somebody has said it all Women only obey their feelings. If you leave her here to go to further she will be pregnant for another and if she goes their she will marry someone else. Stay together no matter what.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by dhiqson(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2023
grin
My gender my gender
God by himself is postponing your breakfast, your later long epistle, your philosophical state, you're by your hands askin him to make it speedy grin
And of all countries CANADA?! grin

Your intuition spoke to you (i know my wife, when bigger box comes she go change)
But you're trying hard to sush it grin

Sir, iLl aDvIcE tO tAKe hEr aBroaD.. she won't change smiley

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Snitch24(m): 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2023
Omoh I can imagine the disappointment
Chaii
Now if this was to be from a man
The whole world won't rest
This people don't deserve the type of love and attention we give them
Women don't Marry for love
Only men love genuinely

3 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:53am On Apr 23, 2023
duduade:

dont follow this advise.travel first and bring her over later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Emmanuel909090: 1:00am On Apr 23, 2023
Rooneyboy:

Invest in yourself first, women are naturally selfish Nd self-centred.
Once you have made it, care for them and bring them over.

Don't come here wailing in 6 months like the latest victim is currently doing on Nairaland

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by zed7: 1:06am On Apr 23, 2023
That twitter conversation is cooked up. Forget about twitter and reason logically.

If you must go abroad, make sure you are going with your family and also ensure you're going to school if your wife is also going. If the funds is available for just one person, be the one going to school and improving your life.

You're the man, never let a woman do better than you. Men are providers, women ain't. Enough said.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by iInjureHerYansh: 1:29am On Apr 23, 2023
Rooneyboy:

Yeah, my inner mind has been talking to me for some months now, I'm just trying to see if I could maneuver.

But deep down, I know my inner mind ain't making no mistake.
Bro in the western world women rule the world. Hope say you go do hakimi style when you reach there and start earning tho. Cos your wife might divorce you once she starts getting acquainted to the system over there. I have seen it countlessly and so do you.
Like someone said up there. Women are only loyal to their feelings.
Harsh fact

3 Likes

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by DEROX: 1:35am On Apr 23, 2023
wink Trust me a woman wont ask this kind of question

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by FairlyUSEDpussy: 3:29am On Apr 23, 2023
Rooneyboy:

Would have said there isn't anything bad with that........

But my own big blood brother moved his wife from......naija to Dubai then again moved her from Dubai to Germany for further studies.........

Inshort sha........his wife has moved with her life already while my brother had to remarry again and still trying to reorganize his life........

Btw.........this was same woman that birthed a kid for him........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by Nitoriolohun1: 4:40am On Apr 23, 2023
Rooneyboy:

My salary is " just there" earns slightly above 270k, hence my considering staying back in Nigeria till she balances herself.

But then again, I dey fear women.

Please fear them !!!
Re: Traveling Out, Do I Sponsor Myself Or My Wife by deltateam: 5:25am On Apr 23, 2023
Rooneyboy:

Your mumu never do. Just prepare your mind she will divorce you there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can Make A Man Or Woman Not Let Go Of His/Her Ex Even After Marriage? / Can U Do This? / Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.