Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,366 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic (31957 Views)

Talented Nigerian Artist That Draws Hyper Realistic Portraits (photos) / I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by frozen70(f): 3:52am On Apr 29, 2023
greatopec:
Good day Nairalanders
I will be 40 on Oct 19 this year and I am scared the kind of life I have always desired may not be
achievable. Let me list these things that worries me so that you can probably advise me or assist me in achieving any of them.
1) By 40 I had wished I will be living in my house with cars in my garage
Current situation- I am a salary earner who eagerly waits for the salary to drop before my family can eat conveniently every month.
2)I love cars and driving. Was thinking of getting a good car for Uber business.
Current situation- I have not been able to gather enough money to buy a car for Uber or personal use.
3)Seeking greener pasture abroad.
Current situation- I have not been able to have enough disposable income to even get a passport to start with in the first place.
4)Self development. I had interest in programming so I decided to learn coding and all that. I started with free code camp and also this thread by iyenimofe on nairaland has been so helpful https://www.nairaland.com/1383359/learn-web-design-live-nairaland/6#17571611
The issue I have progressing is that of enough data subscription to watch more tutorials.
5)Acquisition of at least Masters.
I have a passion for learning and self development but I struggled to have my HND with distinction. Gathering enough funds to start my masters program has been an uphill task.

Little about my background
I am an HND graduate
I have a sister who am responsible for also.
I have a wife and two kids.
I work 8-5weekdays

The only problem you have is financial problems

Nothing limits one's plan like lack of finance

You will still achieve them if God opens your financial break through

4 Likes

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by sammy2flow(m): 4:54am On Apr 29, 2023
Let be realistic, those site you mentioned, i mean the upwork.com and the rest don't work for Nigerian. For example, you will need a paypal account to receive money for any services rendered on it.

MiamiePizza:
I feel you need a side hustle and start making money else where to get you rbdrewm car, build a house, travel etc.

How will you accomplish this, you don't even have money. Okay... Start by learning some basic programming, graphic design and online marketing. You can learn all this for free on YouTube.

After, you search for remote jobs on dynamitejobs. Co, Upwork. Com, remotive. io, remotees. Com

Also pray. Everything will be fine
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by persinpapa: 5:58am On Apr 29, 2023
greatopec:
Good day Nairalanders
I will be 40 on Oct 19 this year and I am scared the kind of life I have always desired may not be
achievable. Let me list these things that worries me so that you can probably advise me or assist me in achieving any of them.
Current situation- I am a salary earner who eagerly waits for the salary to drop before my family can eat conveniently every month.
2)I love cars and driving. Was thinking of getting a good car for Uber business.
Current situation- I have not been able to gather enough money to buy a car for Uber or personal use.
Current situation- I have not been able to have enough disposable income to even get a passport to start with in the first place.
4)Self development. I had interest in programming so I decided to learn coding and all that. I started with free code camp and also this thread by iyenimofe on nairaland has been so helpful https://www.nairaland.com/1383359/learn-web-design-live-nairaland/6#17571611
The issue I have progressing is that of enough data subscription to watch more tutorials.
I have a passion for learning and self development but I struggled to have my HND with distinction. Gathering enough funds to start my masters program has been an uphill task.

I am an HND graduate
I work 8-5weekdays

Moral of the story, always make sure you have created multiple sources of income before thinking of getting married

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Caseless: 7:09am On Apr 29, 2023
greatopec:

Pls share with me how I can turn my dreams into reality. Its possible I might get some information that might be of help
Your dream isn't a tall order, but factors might slow them down. Adjust to reality and remain focused.

The most easily achievable now is the uber ride. Get someone to but for you at "higher purchase", while you ride to pay back.

As you ride uber, you earn more to buy more data to learn coding. Take your coding seriously.

You have distinction in your HND, seek scholarship for your PGD and get a flexible program that would allow you to work and ride to feed your family.

Don't get too desperate as to go into anything illegal. Don't count who and who is riding while you're not. We all have our own time. Work and pray hard.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Microwhy: 7:13am On Apr 29, 2023
Klass99:

I honestly think one of the ways to achieve some of your dreams is to permanently end child birth. As in, do not have anymore children! My father had 7 kids and in one conversation he said two children are more than enough in this present age, because children are going to be more difficult to manage and our economy keeps deteriorating. Grasp some worldy wisdom from an old man who has lived 7 decades on God's earth.

I know you said this but think about making it permanent. You already have 5 kids as far as I am concerned, there is you, wifey, your sister and two kids. Consider yourself a child who also needs to be taken care of as well (mostly by you and wifey sha).

You still need to buy good shoes, underwears and shirts for yourself, visit the hospital when sick, get a haircut, eat shawarma or suya, etc. So, don't over do it with a large sized family. Think quality over quantity, the fewer the better!

I don't know how old your sister is but if she's old enough to find a legitimate income source with your help or by herself, that will take a load off you and free up some disposable income for you. Try to get her self sufficient and financially independent so she is not a life long responsibility of yours.

Keep trying and doing your best, the good book talks about time and chance, perhaps it is not your time and chance to blow yet, but that shouldn't stop you from dreaming and working towards it. Saka, the Etisalat/9mobile ambassador talked about finding success at a later age in life, let that encourage you while you also take the time to enjoy the good things you have now.
Please stop spreading birth control as an option to make it in life...
Having enough good educated , respective and Responsible children is extremely good with countless advantages.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by mcdreeezy: 8:22am On Apr 29, 2023
GboyegaD:

Because USA treats HND as same as BSc for academic purposes. All you need to get into a PhD often times is a BSc.

Sir, so you're saying that the U.S accepts HND for someone that wants to pursue an MSc or PHd?

And is it only for academic purposes? What about jobs? Do they accept HND for employment in the U.S?
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by dawnomike(m): 8:57am On Apr 29, 2023
DaCharis2016:
Pls how do I get in touch with co-operatives. I need to join some.
There will surely be some in your state. Where do you reside?
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Xinjin: 9:08am On Apr 29, 2023
SmartyPants:
Well for you I think it may be too late - you may need to adjust your dreams a little.

But I think this thread should be a warning to the unmarried - don't rush into marriage. Before you do, you need to work and build up to the stage where marriage will help you develop your dreams, not hinder them.

2 years ago, a colleague from the university who had gotten married looked me in the eye and said Smarty don't do it! - until you've accomplished your self development dreams otherwise marriage may become a trap.

Get that master's first. Build that side business first. Buy that car first. if within reach, build that house first. And not getting married early doesn't mean running around with women either.

wise man don talk
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Naijaepic: 10:15am On Apr 29, 2023
I went back to university at above 35, (official age).

Graduate few months to 40th.
Been self learning Python streak, when it was not popular in Nigeria tech space (everyone was in developing Web applications with php).
I had close friend then that anyway tell me, what can you build with Python (in reference to Web, he is a PHP guy)

Got remote intern almost a year after graduation (stipend of 50k/month)
Almost a year later, got full time job that paid above 700k, but today same job is paying me above a million as monthly salary.

My advice, it not age, age is just a number, it is a mindset that can change your destiny.

Do not wallow in self pity. Girdle your bet and pursue your dreams.

PS: between when I finished university and get my first intern role, life was at the lowest ebb for me, to pay house rent, I went to Abuja, meet a long time person, I explain that am in dire need of money to pay house rent, but I make sure I did not beg to be given the money for free, I told I will work as labourer on his farm, the person have farm outside Gwagalada.
I stayed in the farm for 3 months doing all sorts of odd job, the day I was tasked with removing dead snails from its shell (no body on the farm was eager to do it, but been a who am I, I do it anyway). It is that night, I told myself, I will pursue my dream.

Modified:
Yes, what work for Mr A, might not work for Mr B. for people saying if you have married, it won't work, I completely disagree, I already married with two kids, when I took decision to go back to university.

My university certificate has nothing or little to do with my job opportunities, but for documentation, yes I was asked for it.

greatopec:
Good day Nairalanders

I am an HND graduate
I work 8-5weekdays

4 Likes

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Naijaepic: 10:21am On Apr 29, 2023
I had my break through during same years in review, probably I am lucky

didroon43:
Well it is not easy in Nigeria especially these past 8 years under Buhari.

What I can advise is to try to save and create another source of income. With two sources of income, you would be closer to your dreams than you can imagine.

1 Like

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by drezo(m): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
Your life is like this, you still get mind Marry, Born TWO kids undecided lipsrsealed remove your wife and your kids and leave only your sister, you would probably have money to sponsor your goals and achieve your dreams before you even turn 30 years. But you choose Marriage and Procreation over giving YOURSELF first a better life before bringing your wife and children to come and enjoy. Now you're stuck in your folly and you're still pointing at external problems instead of pointing at yourself and calling yourself out for making silly decisions. You don't know you have automatically made life harder for yourself You're really funny. You're not seeing reality at all. You're not rich and you're making TWO babies And you expect government to carry your burden grin

greatopec:
Good day Nairalanders

I am an HND graduate
I work 8-5weekdays

1 Like

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by didroon43: 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2023
Naijaepic:
I had my break through during same years in review, probably I am lucky

I'm so happy for you and glad to hear this.

Honestly, it's not everyone that gets the bad effects of the economy, some can be lucky. Someone like you.

It's just that for every you, these at least 500 persons that are feeling the heat.

Anyways God bless you, and more grace on your hustle. The
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by didroon43: 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
drezo:
Your life is like this, you still get mind Marry, Born TWO kids undecided lipsrsealed remove your wife and your kids and leave only your sister, you would probably have money to sponsor your goals and achieve your dreams before you even turn 30 years. But you choose Marriage and Procreation over giving YOURSELF first a better life before bringing your wife and children to come and enjoy. Now you're stuck in your folly and you're still pointing at external problems instead of pointing at yourself and calling yourself out for making silly decisions. You don't know you have automatically made life harder for yourself You're really funny. You're not seeing reality at all. You're not rich and you're making TWO babies And you expect government to carry your burden grin

This reply sha.

It is very harsh, but there's a lot of truth in it.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by GboyegaD(m): 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
mcdreeezy:

Sir, so you're saying that the U.S accepts HND for someone that wants to pursue an MSc or PHd?

And is it only for academic purposes? What about jobs? Do they accept HND for employment in the U.S?

As for jobs, it is more about what you know and your experience. Not too much emphasis is placed on what degree you hold.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by djbabs242(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2023
Raalsalghul:

My thoughts too when reading his posts.

He's doing very well compared to most Nigerians.

It's just he's very ambitious.

Its not easy sha, so many guys are facing same problems and no hope.

So sas
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by djbabs242(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
Raalsalghul:

My thoughts too when reading his posts.

He's doing very well compared to most Nigerians.

It's just he's very ambitious.

Its not easy sha, so many guys are facing same problems and no hope.

So sad
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by XAUBulls: 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
greatopec:
Good day Nairalanders

I am an HND graduate
I work 8-5weekdays
I'm older than you are and have experience to share. So first off...

Count your blessings because you have a young wife and two kids already!

Develop a laser-targeted focus in life by NOT doing too many things at the same time. Focus is the keyword here.

Second, read a good book on the power of the "Law of Attraction" which you may be able to even download for free as a PDF ebook online. It will help you to attract what you want in a logical and unselfish sequence. Look for local and global problems and solve them, then get paid millions of USD for solving them.

Last but not least, beware... Do
NOT abuse, get angry at or get envious of rich or wealthy people because negative thought energy will never make YOU wealthy. This is the reason why many young and old folks are still mentally and physically poor or down the economic ladder! These are the primary building blocks of the law of attraction and wealth creation. Period.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Rachelchel: 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
All those are mere speculations. Only God makes a man rich. a lot of people became
wealthy after marriage. God plan our lives not we. The only thing we need to do in order to become successful is to OBEY GOD IN EVERYTHING.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Emmanuel30a: 6:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
Microwhy:

Having enough good educated , respective and Responsible children is extremely good with countless advantages.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Emmanuel30a: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ameduedwin:
guy me and you have almost the same predicament/challenge. Me I am 40yr already with one and expect child, have HND with Upper credit, work in a bank as security operative with no hope in site for a better job after all my submission of application every day but I still believe God will send a help to me one day. All my effort sponsoring my self through school will not be in vain. I thought after my nysc things will fall into place, here I am still struggling. God please help me.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by XAUBulls: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2023
Klass99:

I honestly think one of the ways to achieve some of your dreams is to permanently end child birth. As in, do not have anymore children! My father had 7 kids and in one conversation he said two children are more than enough in this present age, because children are going to be more difficult to manage and our economy keeps deteriorating. Grasp some worldy wisdom from an old man who has lived 7 decades on God's earth.

I know you said this but think about making it permanent. You already have 5 kids as far as I am concerned, there is you, wifey, your sister and two kids. Consider yourself a child who also needs to be taken care of as well (mostly by you and wifey sha).

You still need to buy good shoes, underwears and shirts for yourself, visit the hospital when sick, get a haircut, eat shawarma or suya, etc. So, don't over do it with a large sized family. Think quality over quantity, the fewer the better!

I don't know how old your sister is but if she's old enough to find a legitimate income source with your help or by herself, that will take a load off you and free up some disposable income for you. Try to get her self sufficient and financially independent so she is not a life long responsibility of yours.

Keep trying and doing your best, the good book talks about time and chance, perhaps it is not your time and chance to blow yet, but that shouldn't stop you from dreaming and working towards it. Saka, the Etisalat/9mobile ambassador talked about finding success at a later age in life, let that encourage you while you also take the time to enjoy the good things you have now.
Nicely put.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by ajakuai(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2023
Your case is even better, my cousin brother who is in his early 40s without a wife, child, skill or even a university certificate nko?

He voluntarily dropped out of the university when his parents were fit to train him. Instead he was busy buying any luck latest clothes and gadgets just to impress and intimidate people in school. He would use his school fees and textbook monies to do all that.

At the end of the day, he came back house after his four years was due. You see the self deception?

He is not even remorseful till date as he still buys clothes with every little income he gets from wogaring.

My only concern is that he is now envious of his educated younger ones achievements.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Shokoloko(f): 3:54pm On May 01, 2023
ayandee:

You are right. While it is important to be stable before marriage, financial stability is not a determinant. My husband and I got married when we didn't even know what exactly we wanted to do. We just enjoyed each other's company and wanted to be together. In our first 2 weeks after marriage, we both slept on a blanket, no mattress because we had spent all our savings on getting a room and parlor. Then, Lagos landlords were asking for 2 years upfront rent plus agreement and commission. We struggled to pay it. Family helped with the wedding (you know yoruba families and weddings). He was working a 28k job, then had a 60k job then lost that job and had no job. But one thing we did was to continue to develop our selves. He had HND then started BSC about the time we got married and at some point we had to make a decision between renewing our rent with the severance cheque from his last job and paying his university tuition fees. Our child was one year at that time. Guess what? We paid his school fees with that money. God saw our heart and gave me a federal job without any connection and we paid the rent.

He got an IT job and started earning way more than me. Long story short, we are in Canada and sometimes we used to laugh over those times.

* Warning: You can only do this with someone with whom you share the same values. I repeat values are important.
He that finds a wife finds a good thing.
Loving your story

3 Likes

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by sageb: 10:27pm On May 01, 2023
Shokoloko:

He that finds a wife finds a good thing.
Loving your story

I believe it should be "He that finds a faithful, diligent and understanding wife, have found a good thing ".
That woman in the story is a rare gem.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by ajakuai(m): 11:52pm On May 01, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

If you don't mind leaving your wife and kids in Nigeria for at least two years and you can get a passport... Message me.... I will handle the rest...make you come hustle in Russia👍

Pls assist my younger brother who is facing his own challenges of travelling out too.

He will chat you up pls
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by IbeOkehie: 3:41am On May 03, 2023
Marrying early is one of the best things a man can do for himself. No man should be unmarried at 30. It's also good to have many children, at least 4. No matter what, invest in your children. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. I mean important things like teaching them serious academic lessons at home and some manual work skills, maybe house painting, candle making, pottery, hair braiding or something like that. If you live near water make sure they learn to swim.

I think learning a manual skill might be helpful. I'm thinking something like welding or carpentry. How to install roofs and ceilings and windows and doors. And I mean learn it to the most excellent level.

Move to a cheaper area of the country. One of the amazing things I came across in Nigeria is there are some big companies operating in very remote areas, like Unicem located in a jungle in Cross River State and Crush Rock in the middle of Ebonyi on a vast empty grassland. A company also opened a zinc mine around the time I was there. Most people don't even know these things exist....I for one did not.

By the way, there's also a lot of smuggling businesses at ALL of Nigeria's borders. I'm talking ordinary goods like fuel and rice NOT cocaine or crap like that. There's nothing immoral about it, those business are NATURAL results of bad government policy. If you have the courage, do it.

You could try your hand at raising animals if you have access to land.

You could try your hand at marketing. I know of a guy who goes around getting customers for printing shops.

Learn to be sociable and pleasant and communicative. It's one of the best skills and this is coming from an introvert so I know. Practice speaking skills and expand your vocabulary.

I know very little now about how to migrate out of Nigeria. There's all the conventional ways, but those are known. Try something unorthodox. I'd say try and get welding work at the sea port, you might meet some foreigners?

Important - Save some money, no matter how small. Whatever little savings you can make, no matter how small, save it in dollars, pounds or euros. No matter how small. I used to preach this to Nigerians as far back as 2003, 2011. People back then would say I was always singing it like a song. Please sing along with me. Try not to save in naira. I suspect the Fed Govt will resume printing naira in earnest very soon.

Last, remember - viable, long term success is best achieved as a group and family is the most basic and strongest grouping. Sit down with your children and wife and talk very bluntly about what you want to achieve and what sacrifices need to be made to get there. My parents did that with us, their children. Give children responsibility and stakes in family outcomes and they can surprise you.

Nigeria breaks my heart. What a country.

1 Like

Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by YoshihideSuga: 4:12am On May 03, 2023
IbeOkehie:
Marrying early is one of the best things a man can do for himself. No man should be unmarried at 30. It's also good to have many children, at least 4. No matter what, invest in your children. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. I mean important things like teaching them serious academic lessons at home and some manual work skills, maybe house painting, candle making, pottery, hair braiding or something like that. If you live near water make sure they learn to swim.

I

Having your read your previous posts on Nairaland, I am very stunned by the bold. Just as you're, I'm also Igbo, and you know how it's common for our men to marry late because of the peculiarities in the culture, starting afresh as a result of the civil war etc. Then you suggest having four children in Nigeria's present state? When he's not in Singapore or South Korea where there are enough subsidies and support from their governments?

I am shocked, because that's the road to poverty. What more, you shared posts that caution men from marrying when they're young and have not achieved their dreams. Then, you're writing the exact opposite. Please try to correlate it because the math is not mathing.

I would have said it's sarcasm, but having read to the end where you gave options on how to better himself financially, I knew it wasn't sarcasm. Having children without finances let alone four children is the fastest route to poverty in Nigeria.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by YoshihideSuga: 4:32am On May 03, 2023
Microwhy:

Statistics across the world prove that by having the required number of children one can take care, the chances of prospering are very high. Birth control helps one plough scarce resources adequately. Having plenty children in a country with poor social care services is a recipe for disaster. Also, it's easier to train two children to be disciplined, responsible and respectful with scarce resources than doing the same when there are four or five children.

Having plenty children anyhow is one of the reasons Nigeria is too poor because there are way too many mouths to be fed with meagre resources.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:39pm On May 03, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I think learning a manual skill might be helpful. I'm thinking something like welding or carpentry. How to install roofs and ceilings and windows and doors. And I mean learn it to the most excellent level.

Move to a cheaper area of the country. One of the amazing things I came across in Nigeria is there are some big companies operating in very remote areas, like Unicem located in a jungle in Cross River State and Crush Rock in the middle of Ebonyi on a vast empty grassland. A company also opened a zinc mine around the time I was there. Most people don't even know these things exist....I for one did not.

By the way, there's also a lot of smuggling businesses at ALL of Nigeria's borders. I'm talking ordinary goods like fuel and rice NOT cocaine or crap like that. There's nothing immoral about it, those business are NATURAL results of bad government policy. If you have the courage, do it.

You could try your hand at marketing. I know of a guy who goes around getting customers for printing shops.

Learn to be sociable and pleasant and communicative. It's one of the best skills and this is coming from an introvert so I know. Practice speaking skills and expand your vocabulary.

I know very little now about how to migrate out of Nigeria. There's all the conventional ways, but those are known. Try something unorthodox. I'd say try and get welding work at the sea port, you might meet some foreigners?

Important - Save some money, no matter how small. Whatever little savings you can make, no matter how small, save it in dollars, pounds or euros. No matter how small. I used to preach this to Nigerians as far back as 2003, 2011. People back then would say I was always singing it like a song. Please sing along with me. Try not to save in naira. I suspect the Fed Govt will resume printing naira in earnest very soon.

Last, remember - success is is best achieved as a group and family is the most basic and strongest grouping. Sit down with your children and wife and talk very bluntly about what you want to achieve and what sacrifices need to be made to get there. My parents did that with us, their children. Give children responsibility and stakes in family outcomes and they can surprise you.

I am shocked by this post. Get married at 30 and have at least 4 kids. Everything you said here contradicts everything you have been saying on nairaland. Where are you gonna get the money to train 4 children in Nigeria?
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by Nobody: 5:46am On May 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Last, remember - success is is best achieved as a group and family is the most basic and strongest grouping. Sit down with your children and wife and talk very bluntly about what you want to achieve and what sacrifices need to be made to get there. My parents did that with us, their children. Give children responsibility and stakes in family outcomes and they can surprise you.

How can you say this? It contradicts what you preach on this forum.How do you want Nigerians to give birth at the age of 30 when you people in America have already published a research paper that prove that 90% of Nigerians will die before the age of 30 if they don't Japa to America. LoL.

Also, don't forget that it's the remittances coming from America And Europe that Nigerians in Nigeria are using to take care of themselves. Except you guys over there increase our monthly remittance, there's no reason giving birth to kids we can't take care of. I , for one, will never eat if abroad people don't send money to Nigeria.

Lol 🤣. I think the only good thing going on for you is your "I'm a pharmacist in Raleigh NC, and I have American passport and I make combine income>>99% of Nigerians". We know you're richer than Dangote And Otedola, hence it's easy for you to give birth to multiple babies, but please spare Nigerians who you've already concluded in your researcher from the university of San Francisco over there that they're all going to die before the age of 30.
Re: I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic by IbeOkehie: 10:44am On May 05, 2023
Tadadobe:

Lol 🤣. I think the only good thing going on for you is your "I'm a pharmacist in Raleigh NC, and I have American passport and I make combine income>>99% of Nigerians". We know you're richer than Dangote And Otedola, hence it's easy for you to give birth to multiple babies, but please spare Nigerians who you've already concluded in your researcher from the university of San Francisco over there that they're all going to die before the age of 30.

I just read a headline somewhere about the decline in sperm quality among Nigerian men. The reproductive system is very sensitive to environmental factors like pollution and poor diet. I've always known this. So best to have children while young.

The bit about life expectancy is also a serious reason to get married early. Life expectancy for men in Nigeria in less than 60 years. Child mortality is high too. Forget research, it's real.

Having many children is a good thing. Think about odds...not of death, but of achievement and talent distribution.

And I'm forever grateful for the fate that brought me to the USA to start life frying burgers in a restaurant...and I thank this country and those whose sacrifices made this nation a reality and hope we who live in it can keep it prosperous and safe.

I wish the people of Nigeria can do the same for the collective success of their own country.

Have a good day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Discovery About Private Schools / She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.