Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! (2634 Views)

No Man Wants To Marry Me Despite My Beauty & Shape".(photo) / WOMEN ONLY: Can Your Husband Last Long In Bed? If No, Show Him This... [Image] / Farida Bashir Is Dead ('Snatched' Aisha Laah, Her Friend's Husband Last Year) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
Dear Romancelanders,
Please advice this young lady below...

"I lost my husband last year, finally found a man to marry but wants my children to bare his name instead of my late husband

Am so happy, at last i finally found someone who accepts I and my children, he is richer and provides I and my kids every need and also shows me so much love even more than my late husband did, the truth is, I feel more comfortable with this man. He even open up a supermarket for me..

He asked to marry me in which I have accepted, the problem now is, am disturbed on the fact that he has asked to marry me on the condition that we remove my late husband's name from my children's names and replace it with his own name..

I have tried talking to him to wait so that, I consult my people first because my late husband had fully paid my dowry. But, he insist we shouldn't inform them and that he has people in the government who can quickly switch the names without any delays or complications. Actually, I don't know what else to do because am afraid to loose him. I'm a 33year-old woman with 3kids. Age 4 a girl and 2year-old twin boys. I fear i might not find another man to marry me. I'm still a young woman whom also deserves a sweet love life. I also see that, changing the names is of no big deal since we are getting married to make one big family.

Pls kindly advice me on this.
She wrote..
From ChiChi's Blo....

1 Share

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Enskynelson(m): 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
If she is not OK with it, which I know even if she is, the late husband do have relatives who won't agree with such... let her move if the man won't accept otherwise. The good thing is that it is coming early enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by IrawoKross: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
Not even up to a year she lost her husband, she has already jumped to the next prick, already saying how sweet and richer the other man is.. Hmmmmmmm!!!!

Enticed by supermarket, cash and big prick, this woman will sell her kids true identity on the alter of money.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
The question is, if you have a late brother whose wife's is in the same condition, will you allow your sister inlaw to allow your late brothers children to stop bearing his name?

You lost your husband last year and you have found another lover this year.
Hmmmmm!
Your 'new' lover is insisting on taking over your late husband's kids?
Are you sure that man died a natural death? Fear WOMAN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2023
Madam madam very soon you will explain
what happened to your husband

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
There's a hidden story behind this

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by gasparpisciotta: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
Name change request by the new man could his condition for taking care of the kids.

However, she can negotiate adding the new man’s name to the children’s name as an addendum.

Eg Femi Fani Kayode-Johnson or Peter Obi-Adichie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by ebexofficial: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
That's asking for too much
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Pierohandsome: 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
She wants to sell her children for marriage grin

After they will say " marriage na scam

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by GOFRONT(m): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
I need a DNA apparatus!!!! I wan run test on those kids first!!! Maybe nor be d deadman get those kids sef.

I suspect those kids belong to the new Loverman.......Someone pass me the DNA kit na!!!!

Cos inside this life, carzy things are really happening.
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Name change request by the new man could his condition for taking care of the kids.

However, she can negotiate adding the new man’s name to the children’s name as an addendum.

Eg Femi Fani Kayode-Johnson or Peter Obi-Adichie
@the bolded,
Still doesn't make sense.....
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Savedday2: 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2023
What I don't understand is, why would a man marry a 9ja girl of this days considering who they are and what they are, not to talk of an over used one(3children).

Madam, leave that man alone and face your front before you destroy his life.
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
Something tells me that man is impotent grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
The kids can use both their biological and stepfather's surnames.

For example, Kelly-Smith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by IrawoKross: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
Samantha124:
The kids can use both their biological and stepfather's surnames.

For example, Kelly-Smith.
Is that how they do in South Africa?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Berrityga: 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
May her destiny be as blurry as that picture.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
something fishy in this story....whats the rush?

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2023
This is not about SA, I'm only trying to advise the op.
IrawoKross:
Is that how they do in South Africa?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Houseofglam7(f): 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2023
😳
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by kelspinall(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
don't...
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by IrawoKross: 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
Samantha124:
This is not about SA, I'm only trying to advise the op.
Not a good advice.
Would you as a child accept that?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
What's wrong with it?
IrawoKross:
Not a good advice.
Would you as a child accept that?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Rokiat(f): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
If you know how quickly the living forget the dead you
Will stop living to pleased people. So this woman wants to marry just one year after her husband death? shocked

Anyways to the topic, he has no right to want your children to carry his surname, it’s the audacity for me. That’s another man kids they are not his. He must think you are desperate since you could not even grieve your husband properly and now you are jumping into another relationship smh.

he has right over the woman if she agrees to marry him not the children.
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by IrawoKross: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
Samantha124:
What's wrong with it?
She has no right to change or mix her kids surname with another.
That's gross wickedness

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
Is there a section within the Nigerian constitution that states that it's gross wickedness?
IrawoKross:
She has no right to change or mix her kids surname with another.
That's gross wickedness
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by IrawoKross: 5:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
Samantha124:
Is there a section within the Nigerian constitution that states that it's gross wickedness?
Wena, Are we talking constitution here?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by drnoel: 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rokiat:
If you know how quickly the living forget the dead you
Will stop living to pleased people. So this woman wants to marry just one year after her husband death? shocked

Anyways to the topic, he has no right to want your children to carry his surname, it’s the audacity for me. That’s another man kids they are not his. He must think you are desperate since you could not even grieve your husband properly and now you are jumping into another relationship smh.

he has right over the woman if she agrees to marry him not the children.

If he is officially adopting the kids then the issue is settled. Why would he raise kids that will bear another man's name? The man is correct here.
If she is not comfortable,she can shift. Another woman would jump on the chance. This life is short

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by marlow1962(m): 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hope say tomorrow the man won't say "take the kids to their father, I can't train my kids and train someone else's kids"

But under a year prick don sure, nawa
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Blackdisciple(m): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
So you couldn't even mourn you late husband in one full year you don sharperly get another man, continue
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by walex2(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
You are a shameful woman and an harlot who marries because of money, you are even insensitive for comparing your new man with your late husband, that is lack of respect, the demise of your husband is not even to a year and you are already fuckiing and sucking another dick, how long did you mourn him? If we investigate you might even have an hand in the death of your late husband. You can remarry but you can't change the name of your kid to another man.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Odiriance4all(m): 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
I can bet my two balls this woman is an igbo woman. Igbo women and money are 5 and 6
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by IrawoKross: 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
Odiriance4all:
I can bet my two balls this woman is an igbo woman. Igbo women and money are 5 and 6
Don't let tribalism damage your brain cells. Please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Celebrity Relationships Dont Last? / Amazing Fact Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger / Do We Still Have Ladies With Some Dignity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.