Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! (2658 Views)

No Man Wants To Marry Me Despite My Beauty & Shape".(photo) / WOMEN ONLY: Can Your Husband Last Long In Bed? If No, Show Him This... [Image] / Farida Bashir Is Dead ('Snatched' Aisha Laah, Her Friend's Husband Last Year) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by FalseProphet1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
Samantha124:
Is there a section within the Nigerian constitution that states that it's gross wickedness?
Her dowry was fully paid by her late husband, so according to the law, the children belong to the late husband and if his family members choose to take up the case, she might even loose custody of those kids.

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Abolodje: 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
So she killed her late husband to be with the new rich man taking care of her and kids. Changing their names to the new man’s name shouldn’t be a problem for her cos that will be least of sins she’s committed😂
Women will never cease to amaze me fr, she clearly knows what she needs to do and what she’s going to do all I ask is for her to update us on this interesting story lol
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by frozen70(f): 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
post=122742738:
Dear Romancelanders,
Please advice this young lady below...

"I lost my husband last year, finally found a man to marry but wants my children to bare his name instead of my late husband

Am so happy, at last i finally found someone who accepts I and my children, he is richer and provides I and my kids every need and also shows me so much love even more than my late husband did, the truth is, I feel more comfortable with this man. He even open up a supermarket for me..

He asked to marry me in which I have accepted, the problem now is, am disturbed on the fact that he has asked to marry me on the condition that we remove my late husband's name from my children's names and replace it with his own name..

I have tried talking to him to wait so that, I consult my people first because my late husband had fully paid my dowry. But, he insist we shouldn't inform them and that he has people in the government who can quickly switch the names without any delays or complications. Actually, I don't know what else to do because am afraid to loose him. I'm a 33year-old woman with 3kids. Age 4 a girl and 2year-old twin boys. I fear i might not find another man to marry me. I'm still a young woman whom also deserves a sweet love life. I also see that, changing the names is of no big deal since we are getting married to make one big family.

Pls kindly advice me on this.
She wrote..
From ChiChi's Blo....

If he is actually a good man with a good intentions for you and your children,

Then he should do the proper thing by getting married to you accordingly and there after, inform your family about his intension over those children surname

Your family will refer him to your late husband family

If your late husband family gives him the authority to go on and change their surname, he will take it up with the ministry of women and children affairs where the process of adoption will start, both families will be involve and documents will be signed by government and lawyer to seal the adoption process

The essence of the above is because of any nonsense

But you are scared of loosing him instead of protecting your children

You alone doesn't have the right to authorize him to go ahead
Those children belongs to another man's family by tradition and customs

Alternatively have a child for him if you think he desires a child

But pls be very careful with him because I doubt his intensions especially where he said you should not inform any one of your family about the change of surname

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
I never said she should remove their biological father's surname, I said she can add their stepfather's surname on top of their biological father's surname because the man will legally be regarded as their father upon marriage.
FalseProphet1:

Her dowry was fully paid by her late husband, so according to the law, the children belong to the late husband and if his family members choose to take up the case, she might even loose custody of those kids.
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Omotayofresh(m): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
Madam your story is not clear enough!! Tho your husband died in a year n you rush to another relationship hmm !! How sure you not fucking your new man when ur husband still alive

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Intoboy(m): 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
post=122742738:
Dear Romancelanders,

"I lost my husband last year, finally found a man to marry but wants my children to bare his name instead of my late husband

Am so happy, at last i finally found someone who accepts I and my children, he is richer and provides I and my kids every need and also shows me so much love even more than my late husband did, the truth is, I feel more comfortable with this man. He even open up a supermarket for me..

He asked to marry me in which I have accepted, the problem now is, am disturbed on the fact that he has asked to marry me on the condition that we remove my late husband's name from my children's names and replace it with his own name..

I have tried talking to him to wait so that, I consult my people first because my late husband had fully paid my dowry. But, he insist we shouldn't inform them and that he has people in the government who can quickly switch the names without any delays or complications. Actually, I don't know what else to do because am afraid to loose him. I'm a 33year-old woman with 3kids. Age 4 a girl and 2year-old twin boys. I fear i might not find another man to marry me. I'm still a young woman whom also deserves a sweet love life. I also see that, changing the names is of no big deal since we are getting married to make one big family.

She wrote..
From ChiChi's Blo....

Why come here to waste our time?
This woman has concluded even before this thread,she clearly stated that she doesn't want to loose this man so she's gonna do all it takes to keep him..women and money, mtchew
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Lamanii22(f): 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
It’s not ideal to just erase your husband’s name from your children cause of someone who isn’t certain he loves you, he’s trying to own you, he’s trying to control you, soon it’s your daughter that would be entering his eyes…. Just keep it at the dating stage…
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by efficiencie(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
post=122742738:
Dear Romancelanders,

She wrote..
From ChiChi's Blo....
Aunty run oh. If he can use people in government to force a name change one day he will force a cosmetic surgery on your face. If he is not straightforward enough to make the proper consultations he won't be straightforward in fidelity. His money is shining in your eyes. His demeanor is sweeping you off your feet. Soon you will start shouting all men are scum when this man shows you pepper. A true leader will not force a name change for children that are not his. A true leader will adhere to due process. No let money and konji carry you go wey you nor know ohh.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by udede(m): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
Odiriance4all:
I can bet my two balls this woman is an igbo woman. Igbo women and money are 5 and 6
its impossible to even harbour such thought in Igbo land when the late husband paid her brideprice. Its unthinkable in igbo land.
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by udede(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
Op , face the fact. You need deliverance.
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by onome2013: 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
Honestly, if iam allowed to investigate your conduct of jumping to that man for less than a year after your husband's, death , it showed you have been dating this man while your husband was alive. You have to be honest to yourself by going to do DNA test for all the children and it will shock you
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by kyber(m): 10:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
Berrityga:
May her destiny be as blurry as that picture.

Why na 😂😂😂
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Sam119(m): 10:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
The woman should be very careful here, because all that glitters are not gold. Something is not right with the man's demands. Am suspecting two things:

1. Maybe his money is not from a clean source, meaning he has traded his seeds(unborn children) for his current wealth, hence he is looking for another man's kids to personalize as his own in order not to raise dust in the society.

2. He could be viewing that woman's children as a means of multiplying his wealth, hence he is following laid down instructions from Baba to bring it to reality.

A single mother of one is understanding, not two or three, and the man is comfortable with it even in the face of the reality of his riches getting him any kind of young single lady. Yeye dey smell.........

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by lecowas: 4:31am On Apr 26, 2023
Perhaps she should just give the custody of the children to any willing family member of the late husband with some financial support. Does she want to intentionally make the late husband seedless on earth?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by gasparpisciotta: 5:06am On Apr 26, 2023
post=122743255:
@the bolded,
Still doesn't make sense.....

Why?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Baronthecelebri: 10:03am On Apr 26, 2023
Igbo women can kill because of money.
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by IrawoKross: 10:05am On Apr 26, 2023
Baronthecelebri:
Igbo women can kill because of money.
Is that what your mom is known for?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by bukatyne(f): 11:50am On Apr 26, 2023
efficiencie:

Aunty run oh. If he can use people in government to force a name change one day he will force a cosmetic surgery on your face. If he is not straightforward enough to make the proper consultations he won't be straightforward in fidelity. His money is shining in your eyes. His demeanor is sweeping you off your feet. Soon you will start shouting all men are scum when this man shows you pepper. A true leader will not force a name change for children that are not his. A true leader will adhere to due process. No let money and konji carry you go wey you nor know ohh.

Entire post on point!

What audacity from the new man!
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Tobest94: 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
Samantha124:
Is there a section within the Nigerian constitution that states that it's gross wickedness?
madam too know, is there a section that supports this?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Streetmovement(m): 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

That's some bullshit if you ask me, that man's got no right to ask that of her...that's a big and risky task ahead of the future and it may backfire depending on how her new husband to be treats those children of hers..

Traditionally it's a sort of a taboo especially if the new man doesn't consult the family of the death husband....

From my point of view asking the woman to do that without the consent of her people and the late husband's people is a big taboo.

That's all I can say
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2023
Supports what? You have to be specific.
Tobest94:
madam too know, is there a section that supports this?
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2023
Persephone1:
Something tells me that man is impotent grin grin grin grin
the man dun exchange him blockos for wealth
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by greatiyk4u(m): 4:36pm On Apr 26, 2023
Odiriance4all:
I can bet my two balls this woman is an igbo woman. Igbo women and money are 5 and 6

She cant be Igbo woman and confused on what to do,
Igbo have a well structured tradition
Re: I Lost My Husband Last Year, My New Man Wants My Children To Change Their Names! by Munachimso30(m): 4:51pm On Apr 26, 2023
post=122742738:
Dear Romancelanders,

She wrote..
From ChiChi's Blo....

Hmmm am gonna say it the way I have seen it in some places, that man will hurt her mercilessly trust me
Who does that, the only place a woman can do that is if she got pregnant out of wedlock and the man involve refused to marry her then she can take her kid to any man she want but this case is a very different one and the man is giving her this as condition not even an option
Hmmmm, he will take those kids away from her, he gat plans if not he won’t ask her to do that, what happens to the family of her late hubby, she think is gonna be easy stuff? I saw heads falling off shoulders already if they try what they are planning
The hubby died for crying out loud, not that he left her and go for another woman
The way the lady sounds too if so fuking, talking about how her late hubby couldn’t take care of her as the man do, I think her eyes is outside from day one if not she won’t give it a second thought to give that man a NO response, she think that the pampering from the new man will last forever, the man came for business and once he got what he came for he will go
Tell her what she’s about to do inhuman and only a heartless and the most foolish woman on earth will do such
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Girl Friend Love Me? / My Ex Invite Me To Birthday (advice) / Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.