Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage (14923 Views)

2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift / My Husband Took Advantage Of My Loyalty & Trust / My Husband Trapped Me With A Rich Man To Test My Loyalty And I Failed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Walamide: 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Loyalty is very possible if your marriage is built on the word of God..
Remember, don't be unequally yoked.

3 Likes

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Godada(m): 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Cassandraloius: 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Is love an Illusion?
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by sukkot: 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God no send anyone loyalty in marriage. Let's leave His mention out of these discussions abeg! lipsrsealed
GOD controls everything even how people treat you or feel about you. when a mans ways are pleasing to the LORD his enemies are at peace with him

4 Likes

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by MightySparrow: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Curiouscity:
Please, I need everyone in the family section to give their view on this. There seems to be a trend in modern day marriages, where everything is about "what makes me happy ". I have a few questions
1. What is loyalty in a committed relationship like marriage?
2. Is loyalty expected in modern day marriage?
3. Can there be love without loyalty?

There is a couple going through a rough patch in their marriage. The major issue is that one of them regards outsiders' opinion more the partner's. They can discuss and sometimes agree to do something a certain way, but one person will do it the opposite way. When investigated, it will be discovered that the brothers/parent of the defaulting partner countered the couple's decisions. Yet the other partner wasn't informed.

More explicitly, the guy may tell his wife, let's do so and so. The wife will oppose it. But if another person, sometimes the husband's friend, make same suggestion, the wife will jump on that same idea, and pester the guy to do it. The couple can have a discussion that is supposed to be private, sometimes just mere couples gossip, but one way or the other, that discussion will get to the wife's family. Yet the wife keep "singing" how she loves her husband.

The examples above can be reverse, where the guy is the disloyal spouse.

4. How do you handle disloyalty between couples?

The wife is a girl not yet a woman, age notwithstanding. She will grow up with some bitter lessons.
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
sukkot:
GOD controls everything even how people treat you or feel about you. when a mans ways are pleasing to the LORD his enemies are at peace with him
How many people you know are holy and righteous then? undecided

Again, leave God and His mention out of these things. undecided
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by sukkot: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How many people you know are holy and righteous then? undecided

Again, leave God and His mention out of these things. undecided
they are out there
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Chizillar1(m): 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
When it comes to the issue of Loyalty, women should not make their life hard. The bible should be our standard and those who follow it has everlasting peace. A woman strength is to be in God's place where God place you. That place is a very beautiful place.

The secret of a woman happiness in any marriage is obedience. Obedience and respect to her husband. A wise woman will always be a positive influence to her husband. If you listen to your husband and please him, you will be happy in your marriage.

Let me tell you one secret about men. A man loves the one he serves which is God, the one who serve him which is his wife and fight the one at the same level with him which is a rebellious wife. Happiness in your home is the easiest thing in the world. Listen to your husband and do what please him.

Every woman should do proper diligence before picking a husband. She should ask herself " Can I live under this man authority".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by OluwaEbuka1: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
Curiouscity:
Please, I need everyone in the family section to give their view on this. There seems to be a trend in modern day marriages, where everything is about "what makes me happy ". I have a few questions

There is a couple going through a rough patch in their marriage. The major issue is that one of them regards outsiders' opinion more the partner's. They can discuss and sometimes agree to do something a certain way, but one person will do it the opposite way. When investigated, it will be discovered that the brothers/parent of the defaulting partner countered the couple's decisions. Yet the other partner wasn't informed.

More explicitly, the guy may tell his wife, let's do so and so. The wife will oppose it. But if another person, sometimes the husband's friend, make same suggestion, the wife will jump on that same idea, and pester the guy to do it. The couple can have a discussion that is supposed to be private, sometimes just mere couples gossip, but one way or the other, that discussion will get to the wife's family. Yet the wife keep "singing" how she loves her husband.

Abeg, is marriage all about happiness or sacrifice? Because me I am not understanding what is going on in our society again.

Married men and women should be answer this my question.
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
sukkot:
they are out there
Well, unless you are discussing with that particular breed, leave God and His mention out of this. undecided
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by stevups(m): 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Curiouscity:

Those are the challenges men are facing in marriage.
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Konjiboii: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2023
A woman loyalty depends on what she gains from you, Which is all fine and well. The problem is, when a bigger offer presents itself.
She will be off like Mary Poppins. Gone with the wind.

1 Like

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
OluwaEbuka1:
■ Abeg, is marriage all about happiness or sacrifice? Because me I am not understanding what is going on in our society again.

Married men and women should be answer this my question.
1. Why should marriage be about sacrifice abeg ? undecided
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by sukkot: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, unless you are discussing with that particular breed, leave God and His mention out of this. undecided
the point here is that if God is standing with you, you will command respect from people as well as your spouse. It's facts. It's the God in you they are respecting

3 Likes

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
sukkot:
the point here is that if God is standing with you, you will command respect from people as well as your spouse. It's facts. It's the God in you they are respecting
Abeg stop propagating this nonsense undecided
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by sukkot: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
wisdom is nonsense to the unenlightened

2 Likes

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2023
sukkot:
wisdom is nonsense to the unenlightened
And far from you, apparently! undecided
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by jayAjoku(m): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2023
Curiouscity:

point your guy to the Redpill thread so he will learn a thing or two . Secondly any woman that resists you whether in words or in actions is not for you And will never be loyal to you, it’s not stubborn head it’s lack of respect

1 Like

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Solomath01: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
Just get money ur wife must dey loyal 2 u that is just the truth.
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by CaptainFM1: 5:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
Curiouscity:

Let me be real and straight. 50% or more of the problems in Marriage is Money. Once money no dey, there will be all sorts of problems in the marriage....disloyalty, disrespectful, infidelity etc.
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Carcholce: 5:40pm On Apr 27, 2023
Maynman:

What if he doesn’t turn out to be another arsehole?
Why you so negative and unhappy everytime?

grin grin

I am beginning to suspect that moniker is an NPC controlled from far away Jupiter.
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by md16: 5:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
You said all. Let me add this, the OP seem to use loyalty in the place of trust. She has trust issues about the husband. She doesn't trust her man's opinion (maybe because he has misdirected at some point) or the husband appear to be a bossy person, so she's resisting, again, a professional marriage counselor is encouraged here. She needs to be properly groomed in what is called information management in the home. It's somehow to easily divulge what the partner seem to consider their gist. @OP I can recommend a professional marriage counselor if you need one.
Kobojunkie:
1. What exactly do you mean by loyalty in marriage? Do you mean the traditional idea of the woman always doing the bidding of the man because he is head of household and believes it always has to be his way? Or do you mean two partners together reaching an agreement as far as that which benefits them both in the relationship and sticking to the terms of the agreement reached in this case? undecided

2. There you have your problem. In the case, that a different approach has been suggested, the couple must then come back to the table again in order to renegotiate and reach a new agreement in that case. undecided

3. The husband and wife aren't operating as an effective team in that case. To bring them both back to the same page may I suggest professional marriage counseling because they obviously don't operate as a team should. undecided

4. A marriage is meant as an agreement between a man and a woman. When they don't both agree, they can't both work effectively for the health of the relationship. Again, I suggest professional marriage counseling. undecided

1 Like

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Maynman: 5:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:

You are an epitome of sadness.

2 Likes

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by GreatAchiever1: 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
Lol.
Is there any book that says marriage is about what makes me happy?

Modern marriage is all about money and alleviating ones status, they may get joined in the church but really do they know the God in whose name they are joined.

They read, husband love your wife as Christ loved the church but do they even understand what that means? they also read wives
submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord, and how are they doing?

We just want to be happy and seek selfish love in the marriage, everyone do their own thing as he/she pleases.
Roles of the husbands and wives inside the trashbag and you tell me it will not crash(by this I don't only mean divorce).

5 Likes

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by md16: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
What works for A may not necessarily work for B. Marriage counseling works, like you said it's not a silver bullet. We have a few trained marriage counselor in Nigeria that are not religiously biased because I am one. If both partners are open to counselors, it may change their perception and decision to work things out. Sometimes, what is lacking is right information on which they can act right and that sometimes may be provided by a trained, professional counselor.
Curiouscity:

You seem to suggest marriage counseling for almost every marital challenges. These services though good, they don't work as silver bullets. If the partners are not willing to work things out, counseling is useless. In my opinion, a counselor serves as a guide to people willingly seeking solutions. If one person believes nothing is wrong,then there is nothing a counselor can do.
Secondly, how many professionally trained counselors do we have in Nigeria. The few we have are tainted with religious biases.

1 Like

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by thunderbabs: 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
Chaos Vawulence everywhere. Societal and institutional collapse

1 Like

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Curiouscity(m): 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
Solomath01:
Just get money ur wife must dey loyal 2 u that is just the truth.

What should the wife do to get loyalty from her husband? Or is loyalty from the man automatic or not expected?
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Divay22(f): 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
Loyalty is a self conscious, self decision and self discipline thing....
It has to do with you.

1 Like

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Lastpharoah33: 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
IyaTola:
To a large extent with women loyalty is made not found.

Your analysis is superb, I'm impressed.

1 Like

Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by simplypj: 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What exactly do you mean by loyalty in marriage? Do you mean the traditional idea of the woman always doing the bidding of the man because he is head of household and believes it always has to be his way? Or do you mean two partners together reaching an agreement as far as that which benefits them both in the relationship and sticking to the terms of the agreement reached in this case? undecided

2. There you have your problem. In the case, that a different approach has been suggested, the couple must then come back to the table again in order to renegotiate and reach a new agreement in that case. undecided

3. The husband and wife aren't operating as an effective team in that case. To bring them both back to the same page may I suggest professional marriage counseling because they obviously don't operate as a team should. undecided

4. A marriage is meant as an agreement between a man and a woman. When they don't both agree, they can't both work effectively for the health of the relationship. Again, I suggest professional marriage counseling. undecided

You see this right here is the reason modern marriage don't work.........

Marriage is supposed to be like a train....

A train has many part working harmoniously to achieve forward movement, but when that train decides to have another engine at the tail of the train......that is.... The last coach, then no movement is achieved. The sole purpose is defeated
Re: Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage by Humble432: 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:

I am not sure you were patient enough to read the little piece the OP wrote there because if you did, you wouldn't have asked these questions and making the suggestions.

OP's opinion is clear and straight to the point.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? / What Will Make You Disown Your Child? / Deep Freezer Decision.. Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.