Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. (41604 Views)

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others / Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations / Breaking: Multi Choice, Dstv/gotv To Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Phantom233: 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jackossky:
What has our senate been doing?

There is this school of thought that believes that when FDIs grow to a certain extent, they behave with impunity and influence state actors in that locality
They're the direct beneficiaries of these corrupt tarrif plan by Dstv and other multinationals who engaged in exploitation of Nigerians.
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by thatigboman: 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
Temidayo9:

You mean you pay per view, or you pay for exclusive channel over there?
I went there for holiday, I wasn't the one paying. Telling u what I found out. Sky cable has basic channels which are automatic for all subscribers. I was trying out all channels, but I when I click on some particular channels, it will demand for payment. So my host told me that for each of those channels, u have to pay to subscribe to them. So I don't need to upgrade from compact + to premium just because I want to watch channel 203. There, everyone has basic channels, u just pay for 203
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by blowjohn(m): 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2023
nairalanda1:
cheesy

NANS should consider that

1.Multichoice has thousands of Nigerians working for them directly and indirectly, and they all want to be PAID WELL

2.The people worldwide who make the TV programees and bring you the stuff you want to watch also want to be PAID WELL.

3.The equipment used to bring you those DSTV shows, were made by people who want to be PAD WELL

4.The Premier league is made up of football players and so forth who want to be PAID WELL

5.Health and other insurance costs a lot of money for workers who want to be PAID WELL.

6. No one in Nigeria has done pay as you go. No country in the world where DSTV is has pay as you go. Because it cannot work for a system where workers want to be PAID WELL.

7. Did TSTV's pay as you go work.? No, because ....PAID WELL.

NANS should realize that when prices go up, it is because a lot of people, not just the rich and mightly...but a lot of poor people who work and pay bills and so forth...want to be.....PAID WELL.

Maybe NANS should set up their cheap version of DSTV and bid for programme rights....or tell their members to patronize STARTIMES. STARTIMES last i checked is VERY VERY CHEAP.

Do u know the meaning of economics of scale?
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by biafranrealson: 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2023
Good reason to protest but

Wrong public
Wrong interest

Students should focus on having lights, improved educational facilities, R nd D etc and not watching tv.

So this matter should be executed by the legislature then the masses should go on protest.
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by stallionng: 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2023
Our so called regulatory bodies enforcement personnels and officers are on their bills,so how do you expect effective enforcement ??
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Lisaint(m): 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2023
As for me oooo
I'm in full support of NANS
WHY NOT charge us pay as you view
Like you're doing in other countries?

You know we are dealing with light and fuel problem in this country
Yet you're still ripping us with monthly package
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by seguno2: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2023
Temidayo9:
This people mumu no be here. Time without number they have raised this issue of pay per view any time there is upward price review, nothing like pay per view in cable subscription. Only exclusive channel payment is available which is even more expensive. Besides what concerns students with watching cable TV, they should protest for not having light and water in their various campuses.

Well said boss. You dey mind this cash & carry a-looter student comrades!
If they have some sense, won’t they be worried about unemployment after graduation, which is complicated by the failure of local, state and federal governments to recruit workers to do everything they are supposed to do.
Maybe they are banking on Tinubu’s army job

lalasticlala:
Insecurity: Recruit 50 million youths into army, Tinubu urges FG

All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu, on Monday, urged the Federal Government to recruit at least 50 million youths into the Nigerian Army to boost Nigeria’s fight against terrorism, banditry and all forms of internal and external security threats confronting the nation.

Tinubu spoke at the 12th colloquium to celebrate his 69th birthday in Kano State.

He said, “We are under-policed and we are competing with armed robbers and bandits to recruit from the youths who are unemployed —33 per cent unemployed?”

“Recruit 50 million youths into the army,” he stated, adding that “what they will eat —cassava, corn, yam, will grow here.”

The APC chieftain, while reacting to recent statistics by the National Bureau of Statistics that over 23 million Nigerians are jobless, also urged the government to create jobs for youths in the agricultural value chains.

He said, “Don’t talk about illiteracy, anybody who can hold a gun, who can handle a gun, who can cock and shoot is technically competent to repair a tractor in the farm.”

https://punchng.com/insecurity-recruit-50-million-youths-into-army-tinubu-urges-fg/
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by kentzz(f): 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2023
Better ooo cos it's frustrating.

Do you know you can pay and never watch for a whole month? Please they should do pay as you watch

quote author=ijustdey post=122759775]Nigerian Students, NANS Gives Multi-Choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-As-You-View Billing Or Face Closure Of Offices

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/26/nigerian-students-nans-gives-multi-choice-company-seven-days-begin-pay-you-view-billing

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7666235/multichoice-increases-subscription-rates-dstv[/quote]
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by nairalanda1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2023
blowjohn:

Do u know the meaning of economics of scale?

Do you want to sell your goods below production price and actual cost price so that the poor can enjoy things cheaply.?
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by nairalanda1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2023
Goldymafia:
are you ok at all...every year they keep increasing their tarriff and still show old outdated movies and repeats documentary and u expect people not to complin...I can't wait for their offices to be locked..

Okay, thanks for trying.
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by nairalanda1(m): 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2023
LilVast1:

Ya so pointless
What makes startimes cheaper and DSTV got more expensive?
Did they tell you they increased the salaries of the workers you talked about?
Stop being sentimental

Okay, then since you are a trader , I hope you sell your stuff at a loss so that you can help the poor.
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by PROPEACE: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2023
Multichoice will be laughing at the joke. NANS, such a joke. Afrika and Moses Osakede will be tossing and turning in his grave.

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by nairalanda1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
AdaAwka1:

YOU ARE INTELLIGENT. I also want to be paid well. NANS should direct their energy to more profitable and progressive things not tv viewing

I once knew a doctor who opened a clinic , and was offering cheap services to help poor people. The clinic went under in a year.

That is something Nigerians need to get. Things are not CHEAP.

Plus there is STARTIMES. Even me, I would have ported since, but my area has poor reception. (I asked my installer who installs both DSTV and Startimes, and he confirmed it).

2 Likes

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by zoedew: 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2023
ijustdey:
Nigerian Students, NANS Gives Multi-Choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-As-You-View Billing Or Face Closure Of Offices

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/26/nigerian-students-nans-gives-multi-choice-company-seven-days-begin-pay-you-view-billing

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7666235/multichoice-increases-subscription-rates-dstv
Funny and misguided folks. They neglected to eyeball bad governance but show interest in big brother Africa things 👎

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by MrFly(m): 3:53pm On Apr 26, 2023
Good move but dead on arrival, the National Assembly and NBC are feeding fat on multi choice. Take heart NANS cos it wont yeild any fruit
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Temidayo9(m): 3:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
thatigboman:
I went there for holiday, I wasn't the one paying. Telling u what I found out. Sky cable has basic channels which are automatic for all subscribers. I was trying out all channels, but I when I click on some particular channels, it will demand for payment. So my host told me that for each of those channels, u have to pay to subscribe to them. So I don't need to upgrade from compact + to premium just because I want to watch channel 203. There, everyone has basic channels, u just pay for 203
This was what multichoice told Nigerian government when they asked for pay per view, but they now said that option was more expensive than bouquets view currently operating.
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Temidayo9(m): 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jackossky:

When you say filing station, are you specific or lumping them generally?

Let me add, the oil and gas industry is heavily subsidised. This led to the birth of black market. Legislation are made regarding fuel price, the customs (FOU) locks up fuel station selling above the market price

There are other regulatory bodies too. I've been to some border areas and this is a regular practice.

If a fuel station decides to sell at a higher rate, people patronise the other station wifh lower price.This interaction brings price to equilibrium

For DSTV, bulk of their revenue is generated from Nigeria and why they practice "pay as you go" in other countries is due to their stringent labour laws

We are not asking for special treatment but what is obtainable in saner climes.
Mentioned where cable TV operate pay as you go all over the world. The only thing being done is exclusive channel pay just like BBN channel or special boxing fixtures, and you would pay heavily for it. Please get fact before confusing people . Technology in cable TV cannot support pay as go like GSM. Asked yourself why Startimes, moreplex TV or TSTv never start pay as you go? . Thank you.

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by schoolboymatt(m): 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2023
exotique1fy:
Toothless dogs! angry angry angry
they can't do shit.

just the usual barking. lol
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by lereinter(m): 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2023
Empty threat

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Exceed15: 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2023
Next please.. rubbish

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by blowjohn(m): 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Do you want to sell your goods below production price and actual cost price so that the poor can enjoy things cheaply.?

What does DStv produce?

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by nairalanda1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
blowjohn:

What does DStv produce?

Plenty of things.

Now, do answer my question.
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Izi91: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
Aboki and APC leaders will never agree with them. They enjoy seeing Nigerians suffering.
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Oratoremem: 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2023
So Nigeria is the only country that desires to be paid well?
Why are they doing pay as you view in other countries?
Asabe4:
Funny lots
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by thatigboman: 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2023
Temidayo9:

This was what multichoice told Nigerian government when they asked for pay per view, but they now said that option was more expensive than bouquets view currently operating.
well, I don't think it will be more expensive o.
U can't just say something will be more or less expensive without data and statistics. If dstv want to go the way of sky, let them state how much basic will cost and what channels will be there. And then channel by channel how much each channel will cost. People have different interests. For someone like me, it's only 1 or 2 channels I will choose in mnet if they are not basic, and in sports it's on 203 I will choose, for kids I will choose just 1 or 2 that are not basic, for international news, I will choose just 1 or 2 if they are not basic.
U see africa magic, they can close the entire channels. I will even beg if the can substitute any basic africa magic channel for another channel for me.
Pay per channel will help me a lot because I just subscribe to hundreds of channels I don't even tune to just because of the very few I want to watch

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Electorate: 4:36pm On Apr 26, 2023
nairalanda1:
cheesy

NANS should consider that

1.Multichoice has thousands of Nigerians working for them directly and indirectly, and they all want to be PAID WELL

2.The people worldwide who make the TV programees and bring you the stuff you want to watch also want to be PAID WELL.

3.The equipment used to bring you those DSTV shows, were made by people who want to be PAD WELL

4.The Premier league is made up of football players and so forth who want to be PAID WELL

5.Health and other insurance costs a lot of money for workers who want to be PAID WELL.

6. No one in Nigeria has done pay as you go. No country in the world where DSTV is has pay as you go. Because it cannot work for a system where workers want to be PAID WELL.

7. Did TSTV's pay as you go work.? No, because ....PAID WELL.

NANS should realize that when prices go up, it is because a lot of people, not just the rich and mightly...but a lot of poor people who work and pay bills and so forth...want to be.....PAID WELL.

Maybe NANS should set up their cheap version of DSTV and bid for programme rights....or tell their members to patronize STARTIMES. STARTIMES last i checked is VERY VERY CHEAP.

So you mean other countries that DSTV implemented the pay as you go service ARE NOT PAID WELL, You obviously need brain surgery or mental evaluation or both.

2 Likes

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Otokpafacts: 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
As a pressure group, it is a good move. But, channel your grieviances to the appropriate body (NCC)
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Brushstrokes20: 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
Good!... Those crooks are really milking Nigerians dry while the useless, compromised govt turns a blind eye!
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Sammy5413(m): 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2023
I don't wash my hands comot for anything wet concern multichoice
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by AFONJACOW(m): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2023
Or... nothing will happen.. toothless maggots
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by ufotunang: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2023
Temidayo9:
This people mumu no be here. Time without number they have raised this issue of pay per view any time there is upward price review, nothing like pay per view in cable subscription. Only exclusive channel payment is available which is even more expensive. Besides what concerns students with watching cable TV, they should protest for not having light and water in there various campuses.
..abi. .they should protest the poor quality education,no light, no water, poor standard class room and hostels, poor laboratory lab, the bad economy....but it's DStv they are protesting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process / "It Was A Sad Moment For Me" - Erica Writes About Her Disqualification / Amaka Has Been Evicted From BBNaija Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.