Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin (56979 Views)

Sudan: Nigerian Evacuees Get N100,000 Each, N25,000 Recharge Cards, 1.5 GB Data / Sudan : Nigerian Airforce Finally Arrived Egypt To Evacuate Nigerians (photos) / Andrew Nice, Driver Of The BRT Bus Bamise Ayanwole Boarded Speaks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by IrawoKross: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I'm sure they have tangible reasons for such , we must learn to commend efforts irrespective of our political differences
61 Likes

Lol, tallesty1.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by BreconHills(m): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2023
Nelsononu:
I thought the promise was to get all Nigerian nationals from the war zone. Regardless

Absolutely and with order. Rebel missiles don't follow tribe.

You can use alphabetical names, but you have no proof - everyone will say their name begins with "A"

Passport allows you simply segregate according to place of issue.

Let's not over think this.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Jomonix: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:

https://twitter.com/abikedabiri/status/1651219730273910786

I saw this one Twitter and I have been wondering the rationale behind it. I thought the aim was to get them out of Sudan and back to Nigeria? So how exactly will separating them according to their state of origin[not even residence, which still doesn't make sense ] help?

Someone that knows better should educate me abeg.

Nigeria is gradually going down the drains
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by theredaddy: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:
What is nice here bro?

Why not tell us exactly what is wrong here, is it evacuation by Bus or the process

Sometimes i feel Nigerians have tew much time in there hands hence they argue Nonsense and things that brings no Value ..

whether na by State of origin or Genotype the most important thing is no one should be left behind .. that is the only reasonable priority here
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by jawalis(m): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:
If other nationals have Nigeria passport then there is a problem but if they don't then Nigeria passport should be enough to validate that you are a Nigerian.

Many other african nationals that have been in Nigeria can know some Nigeria states and can claim to be Nigerian.

Makydebbie is more Lagosian than some lagosians and she is from Ghana.
Hmmmm. So what could have been better
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Positivepoint(m): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
There's no one Nigeria

If a state of origin matters in times of war, the country should be divided so everyone will know where he or she belong.

If you are serious about leaving Nigeria

1.leave other peoples region back to your region.

2. Since u re losing ur citizenship of Nigeria and thus lose all privilege I will advice you sell ur properties before u leave because it will be difficult to own or run a business in Nigeria without residency permit which u won't have.

3. Do a referendum and declare independence from Nigeria.

If u don't want diplomatic relationship with Nigeria so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tochj(m): 10:05am On Apr 27, 2023
Make them kukuma divide the country
We're not one from the beginning.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 10:05am On Apr 27, 2023
webdevprof:

The main reason they did that was probably so that nobody would claim they were left behind because of their state of origin or tribe, so that everyone can have equal opportunity of leaving. So it's the opposite of what you think. If they tell everyone to queue and northerners in the front were mostly picked leaving behind southerners, it would seem unfair, that's why they used that sense.
There is no sense in this. If you don't want anyone left behind to feel he or she was abandoned because of his/her state or tribe then the best way to go about it is to let everyone board as Nigerian citizen without mentioning tribe or state in the process.

Don't think in reverse please.

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Jnkay: 10:06am On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:
The legal yahoo boys must cash out
Abike and APC are thieves. Someone volunteered to bring the Nigerians back free of charge but because of selfish interest, they brought tribalism into it to cash out. APC uses tribalism to steal Nigeria money. Every crisis in Nigeria or to Nigerians is money making opportunity for APC. $1m is huge money to move them to Nigeria and more over Nigeria has airplanes and Oyema volunteered for it.

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by BinamRex: 10:06am On Apr 27, 2023
richmond500:
will you rather want the bus to drop all of them in Abuja and ask them to find their way or you will rather take each of them to their respective states.
The idea is to enable the bus stop in each respective state so students can easily find their way home

So if, for instance, there are only 5 Ijaw people from Bayelsa in Sudan, they will be given a bus? If 5 people enter a bus, what will happen to the empty seats? Does this even make sense? How many countries are evacuating their citizens according to their respective states?

Why not evacuate everyone to Nigeria first and then get them buses to their respective states?

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2023
OhiOfIhima:

It can't be state of Origin, I guess it should be state of residence. Media can twist things, I swear.
She said state of Origin. You can follow the link to see it on her verified profile.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2023
jawalis:

Hmmmm. So what could have been better
Take them in as Nigerians and bring them home as Nigerians.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by chikeze(m): 10:09am On Apr 27, 2023
Minjim:

As long as the right ministry is going it's duty.

Mind you, it's not Abike's duty to rescue them, we have a Ministry in charge of that. Abike is just there to complement efforts of the ministry
Abike d tribalist is not there to compliment any evacuation. It’s d NEMA DG dat is in Egypt to receive d stranded students so they can all fly to Abuja.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2023
IrawoKross:
61 Likes

Lol, tallesty1.
Tells how many like minded people we have on here
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by omojeesu(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2023
Which routes?

Beware of kidnappers!
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2023
madridguy:
It is a step to get rid off of other nationals trying to claim Nigerians.

How did these other nationals get Nigeria passport?
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by mrvitalis(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

People don dey add tribal coloration to this news. There are other Africans who are also stranded in Sudan, they can claim to be Nigerians, the coordinator was very clever.

To those asking about, what about their passports, it be like some of una never witness ordinary street fight before not to talk of war. Would you even think of your belongings in such situation?

Again nice one
International passport is for what again ?
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by helinues: 10:13am On Apr 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

International passport is for what again ?

So between your belongings and your life, which should be priority?

Mrvitalis, stop quoting me cos your reasonings dey always be as it get
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by kenchop: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2023
THERE'S NO POLITICAL DIFFERENCE HERE. THE NARRATIVE JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. STATE OF ORIGIN?!

IyaebeTheGreat:
I'm sure they have tangible reasons for such , we must learn to commend efforts irrespective of our political differences
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by IrawoKross: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:
Tells how many like minded people we have on here
grin
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by snapshot: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

People don dey add tribal coloration to this news. There are other Africans who are also stranded in Sudan, they can claim to be Nigerians, the coordinator was very clever.

To those asking about, what about their passports, it be like some of una never witness ordinary street fight before not to talk of war. Would you even think of your belongings in such situation?

Again nice one
Do why not ask for their passport first? With that their nationality can be determined.

Rather they were asked to group themselves according to state of origin,is it not easier to claim any state?

Even in war in a far away land we carry our ethnicity reach there.

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by coputa(m): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2023
I think this is done for orderliness , but skeptics will read meaning to it.

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2023
Houseontherock1:

What of fake "Nigerians" who just want to leave Sudan by claiming Nigeria while real Nigerians may be left behind? There's need for them to prove their citizenship
And Nigeria passport and NIN ain't enough?
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Shikena(m): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2023
A reminder that every Nigerian has a state of origin cheesy
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 10:17am On Apr 27, 2023
FrancisDiote:
I think using state of origin is to ensure orderliness. There is need to use a criteria to organize the evacuation else it will be difficult because everyone wants to leave at the same time. So with this, you wait for your turn patiently
Orderliness in a war zone 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 10:18am On Apr 27, 2023
FrancisDiote:
I think using state of origin is to ensure orderliness. There is need to use a criteria to organize the evacuation else it will be difficult because everyone wants to leave at the same time. So with this, you wait for your turn patiently
You wait for your turn or your states turn? Who goes first? Which state should go first?

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Kennydoc(m): 10:18am On Apr 27, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

Again nice one

So how will they confirm the actual states of origin of the people?

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by jumper524(m): 10:20am On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:

https://twitter.com/abikedabiri/status/1651219730273910786

I saw this one Twitter and I have been wondering the rationale behind it. I thought the aim was to get them out of Sudan and back to Nigeria? So how exactly will separating them according to their state of origin[not even residence, which still doesn't make sense ] help?

Someone that knows better should educate me abeg.

they all are still being evacuated. The state of origin issue is to see how individual state govt would assist its own citizens seperate.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by coputa(m): 10:21am On Apr 27, 2023
Jnkay:

Abike and APC are thieves. Someone volunteered to bring the Nigerians back free of charge but because of selfish interest, they brought tribalism into it to cash out. APC uses tribalism to steal Nigeria money. Every crisis in Nigeria or to Nigerians is money making opportunity for APC. $1m is huge money to move them to Nigeria and more over Nigeria has airplanes and Oyema volunteered for it.
Do you think Allen Onyeama is flying them home for free, he's a business man.Just asking.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Jnkay: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2023
BinamRex:

So if, for instance, there are only 5 Ijaw people from Bayelsa in Sudan, they will be given a bus? If 5 people enter a bus, what will happen to the empty seats? Does this even make sense? How many countries are evacuating their citizens according to their respective states?

Why not evacuate everyone to Nigeria first and then get them buses to their respective states?

My brother Nigeria government has enough money to move even if is one person to Bayelsa. Don't these politicians use private Jets in the detriment of Nigerians. Don't Nigeria government pay for the private jets politicians use. So why should they treat Nigerians as shit. What is the Big Deal to use Nigeria plane to convey two Nigerians to Bayelsa. They are busy stealing our money and living luxurious life while we are busy defending them and we living peasant lives. This is war situation and is a difficult scenario that demands the government to move their citizens to their destinations with what ever it takes. USA uses their military to ensure that the citizens get to their homes safely and still gives them medical cares and incentives because of their losses and trauma.

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by BRIMBRAM: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
There's no one Nigeria

If a state of origin matters in times of war, the country should be divided so everyone will know where he or she belong.

Lol grin. It should be practiced such like Peter Obi chased out other Ibos who are not from Anambra state.

3 Likes

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by davidtemi(m): 10:22am On Apr 27, 2023
IrawoKross:
These are what we are fighting against.

I am even more concerned about the ridiculous amount used in bringing them back. $1.5m
Just to rent bus...
Na to next country o, which is Egypt border. Imagine if Air Peace no consider to carry dem home for free...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pro-Biafra Supporters At London Hospital In Search Of Buhari (Photos) / 2023 Elections: Simon Ekpa Declares 2 Weeks Sit At Home. Replies Kanu Family / Ifeanyi Uba All Smiles At His Nnewi Mansion After Anambra Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.