Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin (56915 Views)

Sudan: Nigerian Evacuees Get N100,000 Each, N25,000 Recharge Cards, 1.5 GB Data / Sudan : Nigerian Airforce Finally Arrived Egypt To Evacuate Nigerians (photos) / Andrew Nice, Driver Of The BRT Bus Bamise Ayanwole Boarded Speaks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 27, 2023
If they can't speak local languages, put them in government camp in Nigeria, till they are cleared and ascertained to be Nigerians, via any type of documentation or someone coming for them(family, relatives etc).
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by KaptainAfrika: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2023
Air Peace owner should do the same, that way, when he does not see his fellow Igbos...everywhere will scatter.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 27, 2023
BossGerald:

What are the tangible reasons if not for the division and tribal bigotry that evil Apc government is known for?
It is to ensure only Nigerians enter that bus. You might be asked some questions before granting access to the bus, like local government, ward etc. Think before you talk. By dividing them into states, it's easier to identify them as real Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Oluwasheyijossy: 11:30am On Apr 27, 2023
Jerryherd:
cool

Most Governors would welcome their indegeneous people home with some start up package and money

During the Ukrainian crisis and repatriation Oyo state indegenes got some money with the Office of the Deputy Governor..

Each Passenger would be profiled and processed by immigration based on their Passport and state of origin or place of birth

Someone up there said $1,200,000 million is too much to evacuate 3000 people just to berate the Government

$1.2m/3000 = $400 per head

#180k per citizen

Feeding

Lodging

Security

Logistics

48hrs

$1.2mil was used to purchase 40 buses for their evacuation. My question was why not hire buses from some of our numerous transport companies
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 11:32am On Apr 27, 2023
YemyTemmy:

Obviously some Will claim they couldnt pick their passport cos of emergency... so any State they claim , Real people from the State Will detect if true or false
Jesus Christ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They can use their NIN instead of state of origin
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2023
Originalsly:

Are the flights all leaving from the same airport?... Are they all going to the same destination in Nigeria? It's no different than everyone meeting at the bus park and boarding the bus that goes closest to his destination. Who's from the North will board the bus for those from the North ... the bus will take them to the plane that will land in the North..... same with others from other States. Makes sense to me.
Many states don't have airport
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Elidrisy20: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2023
Make una just evacuate ppl abeg
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by tsdarkside(m): 11:49am On Apr 27, 2023
chigator2:

hahaha please where should we laugh.

Some useless women will just born rubbish and push it into the world, increasing the redundant population of idiots.

shvtup chinedu....
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by saintrow1: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2023
Zonefree:

I'm thinking what an Igbo man will be doing in war torn Sudan.

But iboland is already a war torn place.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by soil4soil(m): 11:55am On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:

https://twitter.com/abikedabiri/status/1651219730273910786

I saw this one Twitter and I have been wondering the rationale behind it. I thought the aim was to get them out of Sudan and back to Nigeria? So how exactly will separating them according to their state of origin[not even residence, which still doesn't make sense ] help?

Someone that knows better should educate me abeg.

State of origin or State of residence does not concern us, the important thing is they are taking out that war zone
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by princekwi: 11:57am On Apr 27, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

People don dey add tribal coloration to this news. There are other Africans who are also stranded in Sudan, they can claim to be Nigerians, the coordinator was very clever.

To those asking about, what about their passports, it be like some of una never witness ordinary street fight before not to talk of war. Would you even think of your belongings in such situation?

Again nice one

Well done Abike Dabiri, Criticisms is what this government needs to sit up, I notice they are trying their best to do the right thing,, critics please up your gear until we become what God has destined us to become

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by tamdun: 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:
See this beyond political affillliations. we are talking about treating Nigerians as Nigerians first before states and tribes.

If you can't personally give a logical explanation to why this was done then why are you appreciating it?
Why is it that's only one particular tribe complaining

2 Likes

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Jerryherd: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2023
Oluwasheyijossy:
$1.2mil was used to purchase 40 buses for their evacuation. My question was why not hire buses from some of our numerous transport companies

The word used is Procure and not purchase

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by MetaPhysical: 12:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:

I saw this one Twitter and I have been wondering the rationale behind it. I thought the aim was to get them out of Sudan and back to Nigeria? So how exactly will separating them according to their state of origin[not even residence, which still doesn't make sense ] help?

When you bus people in from Sudan to Nigeria you will need to pass through Chad, then into Nigeria...or into Biger first before Nigeria.

If they are from Borno, no need taking them through Niger, you can just enter through Chad. If they are from Kano, or Sokoto, why are you coming with them into Chad? Just go direct through Niger?

Do you see the sense in logistics?

2 Likes

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by middlebelter(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:

I want to beleive the idea is to filter the people claiming to be Nigerians. If you don't know your state , then we may have reason to suspect a terrorist trying to seak into Nigeria from Sudan

1 Like

Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
middlebelter:

I want to beleive the idea is to filter the people claiming to be Nigerians. If you don't know your state , then we may have reason to suspect a terrorist trying to seak into Nigeria from Sudan
Terrorist that has a Nigerian passport?
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

People don dey add tribal coloration to this news. There are other Africans who are also stranded in Sudan, they can claim to be Nigerians, the coordinator was very clever.

To those asking about, what about their passports, it be like some of una never witness ordinary street fight before not to talk of war. Would you even think of your belongings in such situation?

Again nice one
This balkanization that you guys are craving for, you guys will end up actualising it with your bare hands.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by gawu1: 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
The ipob pigs have been saying nonsense that only northerners go Sudan.
This profiling will certainly let Nigerians know who and who are being evaluated, and which part of country they are from.
Good thinking. Let see how those idiotic Ipob pig Lunatics who have been abusing the hardworking woman, Abike trying to bring back their siblings and friends safe to the country eat their humble pie.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by mp3ree: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
BossGerald:

What are the tangible reasons if not for the division and tribal bigotry that evil Apc government is known for?

Some people will claim to be Nigerians just to escape the war thereby depriving real Nigerians from boarding. If you are not from Nigeria and you enter any of the buses, when you get to the state you will explain how come
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by highness25(m): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
Tallesty1:
The buses will take them to where they can get a plane
Ok Sir. You de Sudan?
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by tishbite42: 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2023
Zonefree:

I'm thinking what an Igbo man will be doing in war torn Sudan.
Lol
Bro, no joke
Igbos are everywhere
But the Northerners are more in number than Igbos
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Tallesty1(m): 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
highness25:
Ok Sir. You de Sudan?
I dey Panya
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Bestbeelieve: 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
Are the 36 buses including Abuja 37 riding all the way to 9ja? or they are taking them to a point to board a flight! this govt is the craziest and dumbest in all history of mankind!!
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Imotman(m): 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
The mere fact that a Nigerian will think of leaving the country for a nation like Sudan? Sudan of all places.. will never wrap my head around this reality.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by IMPARTIAL: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Maybe those in a particular religion will be spared in case they meet any of the warring factions or people from regions around that area.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by izubext007: 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
can you imagine, i know those from the south east will be left behind
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by comodo: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

Again nice one
Make it to make sense. If there is no time to see the green passport. You want to tell me that they have time to ask their states of origin. Possibly LGA too. The green passport is d only means of identifying who they are. Just leave defending that nonsense. So what it means is that once one bus is attacked. The whole students from that state will be wiped out. Yeye just dey smell anyhow.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by Charlie2020(f): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
Dividing them according to State of origin, is to know the quality of food to serve them. Some will be served akara and akamu, while the privileged states will be served chicken, tuwon shinkafa and 5Alive crush to wash it down
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by comodo: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
MetaPhysical:

When you bus people in from Sudan to Nigeria you will need to pass through Chad, then into Nigeria...or into Biger first before Nigeria.

If they are from Borno, no need taking them through Niger, you can just enter through Chad. If they are from Kano, or Sokoto, why are you coming with them into Chad? Just go direct through Niger?

Do you see the sense in logistics?
They are moving them to Egypt. That's the itinerary. Such arrangement no make sense. If one bus let's say Anambra or Sokoto is attacked. What it means is that all the students from that state is wiped out. Even ordinarily some people no dey gree put all them family members inside one bus for a journey. It get why.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by pendragonbladgo(m): 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
You insult Nigeria, run commot - Una dey use Una hands run come back. No country on earth is perfect sirs,
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by frank155(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

Again nice one
How exactly does asking state of origin solve that? Last I checked, other Africans can search Nigeria states.
Re: Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin by BossGerald: 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
mp3ree:

Some people will claim to be Nigerians just to escape the war thereby depriving real Nigerians from boarding. If you are not from Nigeria and you enter any of the buses, when you get to the state you will explain how come

So they don't have international passport before migrating?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu's Supporters In Lagos And Desmond Elliot Take To The Street To Celebrate / Dino Melaye's Name Is Missing From Convocation Brochure - Omoyele Sowore / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.