Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) (59372 Views)

See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos / 5 Best Airports In Africa / Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by pquaver(m): 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
nony43:

Who gave Obiano money for airport?

FG revenue and his internally generated revenue from anambra people..
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Yusufisraelj(m): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:
Most viable among them all is Anambra International cargo and passenger Airport

From an economic standpoint agreed, but aesthetic wise, ebonyi carry first, however as an engineer, I think they'll have issues with maintenance (especially the lighting) if proper execution is not in place.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2023

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by nony43(m): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
pquaver:

FG revenue and his internally generated revenue from anambra people..

Abeg abeg. If you don’t have facts don’t type what you don’t know.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
4%3D

Fee your ignorant mind, Anambra no be your mate,

Below is Awka, Anambra state capital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DVsNQOd_Wg
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by pquaver(m): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2023
Solsix:

Good luck on that, on Peter Obi mandate I stand.
Keep standing.. On umahi or obiano mandate reasonable Nigerian people will stand
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Vello(m): 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
sonature1:

Leadership at the national level transcends building infrastructure. What Peter Obi is proposing is a total overhaul of the Nigerian state (instilling sanity and the rule of law) and expanding our economic frontiers (we call it diversification here).

There's so little the states can do in those areas. We need those more than anything else.

By the way, I noticed that you don't like Peter Obi, so you are likely going to attack him in your rejoinder to this comment. Sorry, bros, I won't react to it.
Please tell, where there is separation of powers and independence of Judiciary and legislature, how exactly does Obi plan to "overhaul the system"? See, I understood politics, governance and the functioning of the institutions and I wish I was in one of Peter Obi meetings, I'd put the question to him and ensure his response is put on camera.
How can someone overhaul without causing destruction in a democracy? Are we saying he's going to shut the national assembly and command the legislators to reduce their salary by fiat or flog the Judiciary into compliance with his stereotypical ideology?
Most Obi supporters do not take the time to study government and governance enough to ask him pertinent questions.

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by pquaver(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2023
nony43:

Abeg abeg. If you don’t have facts don’t type what you don’t know.

Do you have facts more than. Obiano who told us obi left debts? Soludo also confirmed... And u want me to take yours as who na?
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Maobichek: 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Father0fjesus:
Abia does not need an airport. It will be total waste of time.
Thr owerri cargo airport in ngor-okpala will serve umuahia, owerri and Aba perfectly without any issues. It's very close to Aba and umuahia. Just less than 1hr drive to both places, so it's going to be a waste of scarce resources. Abia needs to focus on some other things and leave airport, they don't need it now.
Here in Lagos, the time it will take you to travel from murtala Mohammed Airport to Ajah is more than the time it will take you to travel from owerri Airport to Aba and umuahia.

Abia should be looking at investing in true value and not some project born out of ego that has a viable alternative.

Did you say from Aba to Imo airport is 1 hour drive?

There are more important areas to invest in Abia but a cargo airport is not a bad idea if you know Abia very well. People going to China from Shopping Centre alone is something else; Ariaria, New market, Cemetery market etc are all known for travelling out hence airport is not out of place ok.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by adecz: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
Considering the very small land mass
of the South East, there shouldn't be any
need for more than a maximum of two
airports in SE Nigeria.

The whole land area of the SE is less than
the area of almost every single Nigerian
state apart from Lagos, yet, every of all
the states insist on having an airport.

Most of these airports are economically
unviable white elephant projects that will
eventually get abandoned..

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Jack500: 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
SW is indeed a backward region. It's just Lagos that is covering the rot in that part of Nigeria. What they call airports in that region are wor undecidedse than some bus stations. Even airports in the most remote parts of North are far far better! Look at what they built in Ekiti as airport in 2023, this rubbish won't even be acceptable in South Sudan or Congo but these people think it's okay.

The buses they ride in their cities, be it ibadan, Abeokuta etc are always small and rickety. Their houses too, normal average people won't want to live there. They're the odd ones in Southern Nigeria.

Omo, you can't buy class, if you have it, you have it. If you don't have it, you don't have it.

Keep fooling yourself. Hopefully you will get sense before dying

3 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by donbenie(m): 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

You are wrong, it more close to from Onitsha to Asaba, mind the road is free from traffic
It depends on which part of Onitsha you are heading to and most especially,the traffic..
Moving from the Airport at Umuleri on the Expressway is less congested than through Asaba..

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
adecz:

Considering the very small land mass
of the South East, there shouldn't be any
need for more than a maximum of two
airports in SE Nigeria.

The whole land area of the SE is less than
the area of almost every single Nigerian
state apart from Lagos, yet, every of all
the states insist on having an airport.

Most of these airports are economically
unviable white elephant projects that will
eventually get abandoned..
Still South-east Airports are more viable than the states with bigger landmass, it clearly shows Igbos are business oriented, industrious and travel alot unlike other tribes so its not about landmass

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by RIVERS1stson: 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
Stop deceiving yourself. Anambra and imo have the highest population in igboland. It shows where more people prefer to live. Most igbo rich men live in Abuja and Lagos, they may have second home anywhere in SE. There are GRAs everywhere in Awka, Onitsha, Owerri, even Aba. Even some rural areas in Anambra are better than the locations you listed.

Check the list of states with most poor people, enugu state is top on that list, which shows that there are thrice more poor people living in enugu state than Anambra or imo.

Oga rest, Anambra is by far better than enugu state when all ramifications of developments are considered. Enugu township doesn't even have common portable drinking water but you wanna talk about development

TERMlNATOR:
Oga rich politicians in igboland leaves in EnuguG.R.A, Independent Layout, New Haven preciselyeems as if u are not an igbo man.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Gboom: 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2023
sonature1:

Stop mentioning Buhari's name in leadership discussions because he knows zilch about leadership. Buhari made it abundantly clear that he cannot do much when he was voted in the first time and kept to his word, but he still contested again knowing that he knew nothing about leadership.

As for Peter Obi, your question shows that you know nothing about Anambra State. Meet someone who knows the state to explain the difference between the Anambra State Peter Obi met and the one he left. Peter Obi practically wrested the state from the shackles of influential evil men who had the capacity to kidnap an incumbent Governor Chris Ngige.
The Anambra Soludo praised him for?
He lied that he left money for Obiano without telling people the corresponding debt accrued there increasing the poverty level of his people
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gboom:

The Anambra Soludo praised him for?
He lied that he left money for Obiano without telling people the corresponding debt accrued there increasing the poverty level of his people
Obi left enough savings for Obiano and Anambra was least in poverty during his tenure
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by 27Pushing30: 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Obi built many infrastructures ,he was the one that acquired the land that Anambra state Airport is seating today, still he didn't borrow, wasn't owing anybody still save for the state, you know nothing about economy, that's way your region is most indebted state, when the criminal leaders are busy siphoning you future with debt, may be I should remind you that Anambra state debt is low and Soludo yet to borrow money.
https://www.nigeriainfo.fm/news/homepagelagos/anambra-state-begins-land-recovery-at-site-of-oba-airport/

Please bring evidence that Obi "purchased the land" as the article is stating otherwise.

Also soludo has already borrowed N100bn https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/544236-anambra-assembly-approves-soludos-n100bn-loan-request.html?tztc=1

Like i stated earlier only ignorant people can support Obi... its a no-brainer. the person must be ignorant.

Debt is life and life is debt.

What you use the debt for is your business.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Father0fjesus: 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
Maobichek:

Did you say from Aba to Imo airport is 1 hour drive?

There are more important areas to invest in Abia but a cargo airport is not a bad idea if you know Abia very well. People going to China from Shopping Centre alone is something else; Ariaria, New market, Cemetery market etc are all known for travelling out hence airport is not out of place ok.
yes, I said it's less than 1hr. It's a route I have taken sevaral times via owerrinta to umu eka
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Jetbound: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
ChEkWaSIyKe:
[b]Alex Otti I beg of you give Abians Airport. All the other Eastern states has airport only Abia the cursed state.

All thanks to God who liberated Abia from the criminals. [[color=#990000]/b]

Abia doesn’t need an airport. Sam mbakwe was meant to serve both abia and imo. It takes less time to get to the airport from aba and umuahia than it does to go from lekki to LOS.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Maobichek: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
komzy589:

I’m sorry to break it to you, Obi’s name will not be mentioned when we are talking about Governors who delivered. While he was not an ‘Ikpazor’ or a ‘Kalu’, he didn’t break much grounds in the state that you can trace. I was a student of Unizik from 2016 to 2011, so I know his government to an extent.
I don’t hate Obi, I hate the way people are making excuses for him to force him down our throats. He’s also the reason why APC was not kicked out of power after what we went through in the last 8years.

You should assign Obi's evaluation to people who saw Anambra before Obi took over down to his expiration as a governor.

The year you listed above as a student at Awka didn't qualify you to talk about Obi's performance because you didn't see Anambra before Obi took over down to when he handed over to Obiano, thank you.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Maobichek: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Father0fjesus:
yes, I said it's less than 1hr. It's a route I have taken sevaral times via owerrinta to umu eka

In the last 3 years, i have traveled home over 8 times, i always use Imo airport and i most times drive from Sam Mbakwe airport to Aba, it's not 1 hour ok.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Jetbound: 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Still South-east Airports are more viable than the states with bigger landmass, it clearly shows Igbos are business oriented, industrious and travel alot unlike other tribes so its not about landmass

This data is of 2021. Enugu airport served also anambra and ebonyi state, owerri airport serves abia as well. This was before anambra airport was commissioned. The two airports are enough for the southeast. Check the time it takes to get from lekki to murtala Mohammed airport compare with time it takes to travel interstate to these ones. Ebonyi airport is clearly a waste of public funds. They would’ve made more money creating an airline than they will from the airport.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Afamed: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hypocrite children.

EKiti does not have passenger airport

What Ekiti has is cargo airport

There is different between passenger airport
and cargo airport

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Odogwuzack: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

Olodo, you think it's only SE people that can see the rot in SW? Anyone that calls you guys out is automatically SE to you. Continue deceiving yourself.

Ignoring kee you there. I'm the one ignoring you primitive lots. Come and see yorubas crying all over my mentions🤣🤣
Leave our south west like that, Tinubu will help us upgrade it. grin

No matter how much you try, Yorubas won't hate SS. We will always support them for presidency over Igbos next time presidency is coming South. cheesy
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Odogwuzack: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Afamed:
Hypocrite children.

EKiti does not have passenger airport

What Ekiti has is cargo airport

There is different between passenger airport
and cargo airport

Don't mind them. grin

To the Igbos, everything in their existence is about d!ck measuring against Yorubas. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by adecz: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Yes, Enugu and Imo are quite enough
to meet the strategic demand of the SE,
since the are basically at extreme ends of
the SE area.

Ebonyi, Abia & Anambra are just for
bragging rights and can't be viable side
by side with Enugu and Imo.

If not Christmas, how many Igbo dey
go home sef, and amongst the everyday
people of the Igbo, how many can afford the
tickets❓❓😐
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
27Pushing30:

https://www.nigeriainfo.fm/news/homepagelagos/anambra-state-begins-land-recovery-at-site-of-oba-airport/

Please bring evidence that Obi "purchased the land" as the article is stating otherwise.

Also soludo has already borrowed N100bn https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/544236-anambra-assembly-approves-soludos-n100bn-loan-request.html?tztc=1

Like i stated earlier only ignorant people can support Obi... its a no-brainer. the person must be ignorant.

Debt is life and life is debt.

What you use the debt for is your business.

Soludo is yet to borrow money, he made it clear during his one year anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf9raTssqzo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Newly Completed Aba Township Flyover Decorated With Art Work (Pictures). / South Africa denies Nigeria visa-free status, grants Ghana - Vanguard / Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.