Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) (59369 Views)

See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos / 5 Best Airports In Africa / Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by MXrep: 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
pquaver:

Spot on.. I dont know why our people are chasing shadows.. Even Obiano did wonderfully well.. I will take umahi 1 and Obiano 2 as president of igbo extraction b4 Obi onye wayo.. By the time soludo finishes he wewill know if he wilk push obi further down.
Shallow minded people.

2 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
AwkaFinest:

You claimed if Obi was governor of Rivers, Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Delta, those states would have been better. Then I ask is Anambra better than the other states I listed?
We all know states like Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Oyo, Enugu, Kano and Kaduna are far better on average than Anambra when all ramifications of governance and development is considered.
You pathological lair, I don't you know road to Anambra State

2 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Ndi chest beater, bikonu, zukwanike.

Is Anambra better than Enugu?
Is Anambra better than Oyo?
Is Anambra better than Kaduna?
Is Anambra better than Kano?
Anambra is better than those states you mentioned

6 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by MXrep: 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
sonature1:

Leadership at the national level transcends building infrastructure. What Peter Obi is proposing is a total overhaul of the Nigerian state (instilling sanity and the rule of law) and expanding our economic frontiers (we call it diversification here).

There's so little the state can do in those areas. We need those more than anything else.

By the way, I noticed that you don't like Peter Obi, so you are likely going to attack him in your rejoinder to this comment. Sorry, bros, I won't react to it.
Why didn't they vote umahi in APC primary? Why compare umahi to Obi instead of comparing umahi to Tinubu? Can they point one infrastructure delivered by Tinubu? Peter obi built teaching hospital, university, state Secretariat, three malls, two hotels, many roads connecting all communities, moved the airport from oba to umueri, secured the land and kept enough money.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by MXrep: 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Ndi chest beater, bikonu, zukwanike.

Is Anambra better than Enugu?
Is Anambra better than Oyo?
Is Anambra better than Kaduna?
Is Anambra better than Kano?
Better in what aspects?

2 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by MXrep: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
Father0fjesus:
I don't know who will be using Ebonyi and Ekiti airports. White elephant project for small states who should be looking at doing other things with their revenue.

Enugu airport is not far from Abakaliki. The moment you land in Enugu, the express way takes you to abakaliki straight to the opposite direction.
And no one goes to Ekiti via flight, only few people. No airline will want to invest in Ekiti now.

The only viable airport here is Anambra. Even at That, For someone like me, if I went to travel to onitsha, with the completion of second Niger bridge, I will prefer to land in Asaba instead of anambra (although it depends on the part of onitsha one is going to), I mostly go to head bridge market and Asaba airport is just the best for me.
Ebonyi airport is a misplaced priority. They are relying on Abia who will be using Owerri Airport till they build their own

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by bigdammyj: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
Noted.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Dozie32(m): 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ebonyi state nde oma

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
SW is indeed a backward region. It's just Lagos that is covering the rot in that region. What they call airports in that region are worse than say some bus station. Even airports in the most remote parts of North are far far better! Look at what they built in Ekiti as airport in 2023, this rubbish won't even be acceptable in South Sudan or Congo but these people think it's okay.

The buses they ride on in their cities, be it ibadan, Abeokuta etc are always small and rickety. Their houses too, normal average people won't want to live there. They're the odd ones in Southern Nigeria.

Omo, you can't buy class, if you have it, you have it. If you don't have it, you don't have it.
SW is backward but your people won’t stop trooping in masses to same SW on daily basis.
Lagos,Ota,Ibadan,shagamu,Abk,ORE,mowe/Ibafo,sango,Y’all litters those places like refugee.Why not stay in your eldorado?
Am sure there are hundred of buses on their way to SW today

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by ednut1(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ebonyi airport na white elephant project. How many ebonyi people travel abroad Or even travel by air. Anambra and lagos is their abroad’s o. Enugu airport doesn’t even have enough traffic now Umahi go build another 1 hour 30 mins away.

5 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by REALretep(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
sonature1:
Ebonyi State is one state with sooooo little and their governor keeps delivering mind-blowing infrastructural projects. Give Dave Umahi the kind of money Lagos or Rivers has, he will turn his state to Dubai.

In fact, other state governors in Nigeria should be taking lectures from him about how he achieved all this with so little.

Someone should create a thread of what Dave Umahi did in 8 years so as to blow people's minds here. When it comes to infrastructure, that man is only in competition with himself.
Development of infrastructure is a good thing but it gets whittled down when accompanied with neglect of the masses especially non-payment of workers' salaries.
Umahi is underperforming in the maintenance and development of human resources in his state

2 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
SEFeedsNigeria:
SW is indeed a backward region. It's just Lagos that is covering the rot in that region.

The buses they ride on in their cities, be it ibadan, Abeokuta etc are always small and rickety. Their houses too, normal average people won't want to live there. They're the odd ones in Southern Eastern Nigeria.

Omo, you can't buy class, if you have it, you have it. If you don't have it, you don't have it.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by bionixs: 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
Father0fjesus:
I don't know who will be using Ebonyi and Ekiti airports. White elephant project for small states that should be looking at doing other things with their revenue.

Enugu airport is not far from Abakaliki. The moment you land in Enugu, the express way takes you to abakaliki straight to the opposite direction.
And no one goes to Ekiti via flight, only few people. No airline w ill want to invest in Ekiti now.

The only viable airport here is Anambra. Even at That, For someone like me, if I went to travel to onitsha, with the completion of second Niger bridge, I will prefer to land in Asaba instead of anambra (although it depends on the part of onitsha one is going to), I mostly go to head bridge market and Asaba airport is just the best for me.
no be only land , you go use sea.

Oga, na money you no get joor
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Reference(m): 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
Peer to peer review amongst federating States is a good way to spur development as last seen during the OBJ tenure.
But I guess this post is all about instigating an ethnic cockfight.... so will not produce anything sensible.
Not to my taste.

2 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Addme: 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2023
Antimandatethie:
“The same should just happen
in Lagos. We are tired of
Tinubu.”
“Man came out to ask us if it
was our business that there
were bullion vans in his home. Is
it your money? He asked. Why
can’t we just rally round Jimi
Agbaje
[b][/b]and repeat Kwara here?”
Which Jimi Agbaje?
You meant Customer daadaa, please dont even go there i beg.

2 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by NaijaCover(m): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2023
, Is Following The Update

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Menclothing: 12:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
States should ensure they build reputable Airports and place that can accommodate open events
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by dannydevito(m): 12:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
There is a route that can reduce travel time to imo airport by another 30 mins, of that road is fixed from abaia end and the imo end then we have a 30 min drive to the airport at ngor okpalla
uote author=Father0fjesus post=122779453]Abia does not need an airport. It will be total waste of time.
Thr owerri cargo airport in ngor-okpala will serve umuahia, owerri and Aba perfectly without any issues. It's very close to Aba and umuahia. Just less than 1hr drive to both places, so it's going to be a waste of scarce resources. Abia needs to focus on some other things and leave airport, they don't need it now.
Here in Lagos, the time it will take you to travel from murtala Mohammed Airport to Ajah is more than the time it will take you to travel from owerri Airport to Aba and umuahia.

Abia should be looking at investing in true value and not some project born out of ego that has a viable alternative. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Ooni: 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
Father0fjesus:
yeah, but Ekiti does not need an airport for now.
Even Ibadan Airport, as big as ibadan is still very much not viable as many airports in Nigeria.
Calabar Airport, Crossriver is wealthier, bigger and more cosmopolitan than Ekiti still is not as busy as airports Lagos, Abuja, Port harcourt, owerri, Benin and Kano.

Infact, owerri has about 4 more traffic than calabar, not to talk of an airport in Ekiti. Waste of time

Owerri airport is only fourth in the country in traffic

2 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Skillsnigeria: 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
Noted
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by TERMlNATOR(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Anambra is better than those states you mentioned
how is anambra beta than Enugu

nwokem, zukwanike as said earlier.

6 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Judolisco(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ekiti own na airstrip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Cassandraloius: 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
This is a beautiful development.
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Odogwuzack: 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ooni:
Is the last one an airport?

Quality of leadership in our Southwest region should be seriously questioned.

Lol yet you keep trooping in.

Clowns. cheesy
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by LordEclipse: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ooni:

No,it's a mini restaurant 🤣

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by saintrow1: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ooni:

what is this one talking about?
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by LordEclipse: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
Is the last one an airport or Mini restaurant 🤣?

4 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by paskal16: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ebonyi looking like a creche kindergarten building

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by komzy589(m): 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2023
PROUDIGBO:

Dude, you're just spoiling for a fight when you're not even understanding the argument! Look at the bigger picture: resources available; security situation met on ground; partisan/political situation confronted with while trying to govern; infrastructure met on ground; etc! Peter Obi had a lot of handicaps and challenges he met on ground when assuming office, yet he still delivered creditably well, especially on HDIs!
I’m sorry to break it to you, Obi’s name will not be mentioned when we are talking about Governors who delivered. While he was not an ‘Ikpeazor’ or a ‘Kalu’, he didn’t break much grounds in the state that one can trace. I was a student of Unizik from 2006 to 2011, so I know his government to an extent.
I don’t hate Obi, I hate the way people are making excuses for him to force him down our throats. He’s also the reason why APC was not kicked out of power after what we went through in the last 8years.

8 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
SW is indeed a backward region. It's just Lagos that is covering the rot in that region. What they call airports in that region are worse than say some bus station. Even airports in the most remote parts of North are far far better! Look at what they built in Ekiti as airport in 2023, this rubbish won't even be acceptable in South Sudan or Congo but these people think it's okay.

The buses they ride on in their cities, be it ibadan, Abeokuta etc are always small and rickety. Their houses too, normal average people won't want to live there. They're the odd ones in Southern Nigeria.

Owerri

Upper iweka

Nsukka

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by JOemmy(m): 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2023
No need for all these unesessary comparison all of the airports are still very local compared to what we see abroad.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Newly Completed Aba Township Flyover Decorated With Art Work (Pictures). / South Africa denies Nigeria visa-free status, grants Ghana - Vanguard / Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.