Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here (3597 Views)

Be Sensitive To Your Wife’s Feelings Too! / As A Man Or A Woman, Learn To Keep Some Sensitive Info Abt Ur....... / Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2023
Time to sleep

Goodnight everyone
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
Awakened38:

My friends call me "coded" as a matter of fact grin.

So you're absolutely correct. I'm very secretive. But at the same time very open. I don't hold back from sharing information I believe will help another. I know you're same way too
it's not about the information, it's just how we tend to "not make open" a certain part, situation & occurance in our life , may be later it can be known.

As you mentioned the part of you not being able to ask for help, I figured out you also experience this part.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
Awakened38:
Time to sleep

Goodnight everyone
sleep well. I sent you a pm.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
If you enjoy aloneness like me, just know that it's perfectly OK. If you're a HSP, aloneness may well be your sweetest hubby; embrace it wink

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 11:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:
sleep well. I sent you a pm.

Ok, I'll check it out tomorrow and respond.

Goodnight
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 11:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
Awakened38:
If you enjoy aloneness like me, just know that it's perfectly OK. If you're a HSP, aloneness may well be your sweetest hubby; embrace it wink
E no perfectly ok o. I don't agree with you on this. Lonelyness is not good like that o, except there is something worthwhile that you while away time with , or something that keeps you engage.

Don't you get depressed?
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 8:43am On Apr 30, 2023
henrimoto:
E no perfectly ok o. I don't agree with you on this. Lonelyness is not good like that o, except there is something worthwhile that you while away time with , or something that keeps you engage.

Don't you get depressed?

cheesy grin grin

I agree with you 100% that loneliness is not good. In fact, loneliness is a negative state; it means feeling sad and unhappy about being socially isolated.

It's very important to note however that loneliness even from the definition, is a state of mind. It does not necessarily refer to your physical state. If it refers to the physical state, then I guess many of us are lonely much of the time. Think about it, how much of the time are you actually in the midst of people daily if you live alone and work from home for example.

What I enjoy very much is ALONENESS not Loneliness. I can understand that being alone for long for most people almost certainly leads to loneliness, and it was the case for me for decades. But the question is, why do people feel lonely when alone? Why does aloneness equal depression? Well there are a number of reasons:

Number one is that people have become programmed against being alone in at least 2 ways. The first is that aloneness is often equated with idleness, which is very incorrect. And you know the saying, an ideal mind is the devil's workshop. So there is a criminalization of aloneness. What many get wrong, is that aloneness is not in any way the same with idleness. Idleness literally means you're doing nothing while alone, and that will always lead to boredom. Aloneness on the other hand can be very rewarding and fulfilling. In my case for example, I am able to meditate, reflect, plan, create, journal, and even write and communicate on platforms such as this one when I'm alone in the quiet of my space.
The second way people are programmed against aloneness is by virtue of the never ending distractions and activities of our modern world. The world is filled with countless activities, pleasures, pursuits, etc, more than enough to keep you busy for 10 life times if you want. So the idea of been alone is absurd to most. Most people can't possibly understand why anyone will choose to be locked up in a room to him or herself with so much to indulge with. So it's no wonder people attribute such withdrawal to the self as a sign of unhappiness and perhaps depression. And it's understandable that many HSPs too feel guilty about being alone.

Number 2 reason is closely related to reason number one. Unfortunately, we've been made to believe that happiness lies on the outside, that it's something to strive for, to pursue, and something that can be attained. Sadly all of these is untrue. Doubt me, tell me one person you know who has ever caught up with or attained happiness?
This believe that happiness lies on the outside, is the reason why people work 10, 12, 16, 18 hours daily, denying themselves of rest and the things that truely matter in life, such as family, sleep, gardening, caring for and enjoying nature, meditation, etc.

What most people don't realise is that happiness lies inwards. To find happiness, we must turn inwards. This is what I believe Jesus meant when he said, the kingdom of God is within you or in your hearts. Many have wondered what Jesus meant by that statement or how happiness can be gotten from within, but this is a secret that every HSP is capable of unravelling. This is because, unlike most people, we are easily drawn to the self. In fact, most of us are allergic to the noise out there. And by noise, I mean things that most people consider fun. It is no wonder that we are not excited by the things that easily excits others, and the reason is not farfetched; the reason is, those things are largely mundane, without any real lasting value, they do not bring happiness - they are momentary at best.

I've have found in the last few years of study from my own experience, what real happiness is. It is not how the world defines it, in fact it is far from that. Real happiness is a unique experience for every individual. One thing I can tell you is that, it has nothing to do with the outside, but everything to do with the inside.
You'll never know this experience if you continue to detest aloneness or feel lonely when alone. There's a reason why you are drawn to yourself. It's not an anomaly, in fact it's a gift of nature. God, the Universe, is calling you, is a giving you, a unique opportunity to experience that which is beyond material, - peace and happiness.

Note that non HSP's are not left out of this opportunity. Those who love and seek true peace and happiness can also experience this. Some who have spent their lives chasing happiness through material wealth, haven come to see the futility of it all, have made a turn around, and have gone inwards, seeing they couldn't find it outside. Many of those you hear who give away substantial part of their wealth in other to focus on what truely matters like Paul of the gospel who took a loss of all things that he might gain the greater good.

Again apologies for the long epistle smiley

Happy Sunday to us all

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 8:45am On Apr 30, 2023
A poem for all you HSP's out there;

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 9:15am On Apr 30, 2023
@awakened38. Nne, you sabi write long epistles, you remind me of apostles of Old. 😆

That reminds me, are you writing on any subject/topic currently? 0r any book you have written.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2023
Awakened38:
A poem for all you HSP's out there;

pls. Reply my pm.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Rach310(f): 11:07am On Apr 30, 2023
Awakened38:

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll try to share some materials that I believe you'll find helpful. One thing I'll like to say though is, you're beautiful as you are. There's nothing wrong with you. You are a shinning example of what the human race can and should become; caring, forgiving, unselfish, empathetic, considerate, and more. Unfortunately, much of the world see's us as weak, a people to be exploited, but we are far from weak. Like I said, I hope to share materials that will both educate us about being HSP, and how we can protect ourselves from exploitation. One problem HSPs have is, we do not know how to say NO. We are for the most part people pleasers. Hopefully, in no distant time, you can begin to take back control of your life and your space.

Wishing you peace.
I anticipate thanks
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2023
henrimoto:
@awakened38. Nne, you sabi write long epistles, you remind me of apostles of Old. 😆

That reminds me, are you writing on any subject/topic currently? 0r any book you have written.

Unfortunately, I'm very lazy cheesy, hardly finishing anything I start. I'm very creative, trust me, but that's where my strength lies. I'm a bad executioner. My successes have largely been when I worked in tandem with people or someone not so creative, but highly motivated in execution.

I've tried writing many times over the years, but I soon loose steam. I've been journaling for long. My notes put together will probably make 2 or 3 books except that they are on various subjects; but largely if not entirely on self awareness and development.
Hopefully someday, I'll break the odds. You can be sure that I'm always work in progress. wink

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2023
henrimoto:
pls. Reply my pm.

I already have, a while back.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2023
candelahria:
I am a HSP, also an empath and INFJ. I cry very easily and I usually can't help it. Is that characteristic of HSPs?

Yes, that is characteristic of HSPs. I cry easily when I watch anything sad.

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2023
Awakened38:

Unfortunately, I'm very lazy cheesy, hardly finishing anything I start. I'm very creative, trust me, but that's where my strength lies. I'm a bad executioner.
My successes have largely been when I worked in tandem with people or someone not so creative, but highly motivated in execution.

I've tried writing many times over the years, but I soon loose steam. I've been journaling for long. My notes put together will probably make 2 or 3 books except that they are on various subjects; but largely if not entirely on self awareness and development.
Hopefully someday, I'll break the odds. You can be sure that I'm always work in progress. wink
.... It's strange somehow, but you prefer to work on an idea alone, which seldomly come to reality, not until you involved one or two persons before it will come to reality.

It took me time before I understand this part of HSPs on myself. I have learnt.... "NOT TO WORK ALONE"
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2023
Awakened38:

I already have, a while back.
I didn't see any. Pls. Let's connect on WhatsApp 08165** ***I will delete the no . Don't quote. Pls.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
Awakened38:

Unfortunately, I'm very lazy ,

I hardly finishing anything I start. I'm very creative, trust me, but that's where my strength lies.

I'm a bad executioner. My successes have largely been when I worked in tandem with people or someone not so creative, but highly motivated in execution.

......hmnn.. Me, I thought it's "my Village People" that is pursuing me. 😆 😆 😆

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by ItisWell22(f): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2023
Oluromantic:
Very nice write up. You just described the melancholic introverts. They have a very sensitive nature and tend to be oversensitive sometimes. Only people like themselves can effortlessly understand them

I was beginning to think I had serious problems… 😢

Thanks Op, for the insight.

My story will be too lengthy…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by ItisWell22(f): 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2023
henrimoto:

1. Yes, I agree with you on the fragile nature of HSPs, I don't know if it's all.

2. ....and I place more value/respect on Intelligence rather than Wealth/money.

I don't know o, this is me. I can easily humble myself before an intelligent person ( even when I'm older than the person) than a wealthy person.

1. Reason I’ve not been home since last year, as I get treated like some fragile glass. I actually hate it. 😒
They know I’m very sensitive to their every moves, comments, and even expressions.

2. I told a guy just a week today, even if he turned a billionaire, I wouldn’t marry him; as I can’t stand how unintelligent he is.

Intelligence - a huge weakness for me.

If I just meet a highly intelligent fellow, male or female; na “Yes ma, yes sir”, especially in my field…

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by ItisWell22(f): 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
candelahria:
I am a HSP, also an empath and INFJ. I cry very easily and I usually can't help it. Is that characteristic of HSPs?

I hate the uncontrollable tears, especially when trying to narrate my side of the story. 😢

Now, I even announce in advance, “Forget about the tears, I just can’t control them”. 😭😂

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by ItisWell22(f): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
Awakened38:

1. I can relate 100%. Our ability to tell what's going on within the other and empathise with them is amazing. Just like you, I'm in the habit of wanting to help the other even when they don't seem eager for the help I'm trying to render. I find myself always giving unsolicited advice and suggestions for virtually every problem. I feel guilty when I can't help a person in need.

2. And yes, HSPs are experts in figuring out people. I am able to form an impression of another merely by looking at their face. By the time I have 5 minutes or more of association with the fellow, I can already tell whether he's somebody I'll like to be friends with or not.
3. If you're considering becoming a detective, by all means, do not hesitate because you're born one already grin.

1. This has helped me to a large extent in my profession, although it can really become a burden. 😢
A burden I still want to carry till the end. 😁
Really hate it when I can’t be of help to someone who needs help at a point in time.

2. I can tell about a person within minutes of meeting, and almost, always above 60% right.

3. Once knew someone who felt he could always have his way, as he usually felt smarter than everyone around.
How I always found him out, beat his imagination.

I could just sit in a place, string a person’s words, actions and inactions, as well as expressions to know what’s going on.

Dude (a military personnel himself), calls me Madam FBI or CIA till date.

But then, it can be really draining.

Now I tell myself, “Peace be still”, “since you don already know wetin dey xup, let it slide” and “let it go”…

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2023
ItisWell22:

1. Reason I’ve not been home since last year, as I get treated like some fragile glass. I actually hate it. 😒
They know I’m very sensitive to their every moves, comments, and even expressions.

2. I told a guy just a week today, even if he turned a billionaire, I wouldn’t marry him; as I can’t stand how unintelligent he is.

If I just meet a highly intelligent fellow, male or female; na “Yes ma, yes sir”, especially in my field…
Do you also despise pride in people ?.... people with pride.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by nnamdiosu(m): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
You see this set of people called hsp, if the world was filled more with them, there would have been peace, calmness, lesser wars, lesser unnecessary things and a better place.

Naturally, I hate crowd movement. Anything that people flock to, I generally normally find myself hating it.

Starting with the music of popular artist that starts with d, o, w , b etc.

To the gadgets that start with I

To the need and love to Japa. I feel it's totally unnecessary .

To the need to update whatsap status with your achievements, food you're eating, where you are going etc.

There are fake hsps too o. Lol.

But the real ones, have few friends, true friends. Peolle like them because naturally they are calm and nice. There are some hsps too that are extrovert for short periods, before their social battery quickly runs down .

Hsps need quiet places, alone to recharge, that's why they love being alone.

Hsps are good people naturally, but the ones who have been hurt and damage, are like a ticking bomb. I can go on and on, but let me stop here first.

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
@Nnamdiosu...welcome to our WhatsApp group! 😆 You see that crowd part and people struggling for something's. Them no born me well make I follow drag; why ? ....because of emotional & mental breakdown.

I remembered when I went for one or two job hunts that year: na from the gate of the companies I turn back dey go house. What happened? See crowd of applicants for the company gate. I was like, "wetin! On top of how much them wan pay ? "

....And that's how it has been in other aspect of my life, I don't like going for things people drag. If it's something one must get, I would rather wait for the crowd to go down.

HSPs them no dey like anything dragging.... It is their type you see standing aside ,looking, when people are struggling to gain entrance into a banking premises. 😆 😆

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by nnamdiosu(m): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2023
henrimoto:
@Nnamdiosu...welcome to our WhatsApp group! 😆 You see that crowd part and people struggling for something's. Them no born me well make I follow drag; why ? ....because of emotional & mental breakdown.

I remembered when I went for one or two job hunts that year: na from the gate of the companies I turn back dey go house. What happened? See crowd of applicants for the company gate. I was like, "wetin! On top of how much them wan pay ? "

....And that's how it has been in other aspect of my life, I don't like going for things people drag. If it's something one must get, I would rather wait for the crowd to go down.

HSPs them no dey like anything dragging.... It is their type you see standing aside ,looking, when people are struggling to gain entrance into a banking premises. 😆 😆

Lol. Perfect Spot on. Same here. Omo I no like stress abeg. Just cool, calm baby boy life.

I'll compensate it with prayers at night for God to give me grace because I know say I no get power to do the things others do, make I ask God for grace.

And it is really helping. You see, hsp needs to totally lean to God more than anyone else because we no fit fight or rush or shout, lol.

So na grace of God we need badly.

I remember when I was going for clearance, due to one thing or the other, I couldn't start with my mates. I was feeling bad, I didn't know God was just saving me from stress, queue and rush.

One of my course mate was already two places away from the final clearance and receiving his result. They used weeks to get to that point.

Me wen I started, I used days to finish everything, I met him, passed him, collected result and went to serve before he went to serve.

The thing just be like slow motion for film way you just fast forward suddenly.

Hsps are really wonderful people. That's why the ones that decide to be good and serve God, always end up being very annionted.

Then the bad ones, are those psychopaths that can just be calm and be slicing people for oyibo countries. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
nnamdiosu:

Lol. Perfect Spot on. Same here. Omo I no like stress abeg. Just cool, calm baby boy life.

I'll compensate it with prayers at night for God to give me grace because I know say I no get power to do the things others do, make I ask God for grace.

And it is really helping. You see, hsp needs to totally lean to God more than anyone else because we no fit fight or rush or shout, lol.

So na grace of God we need badly.

I remember when I was going for clearance, due to one thing or the other, I couldn't start with my mates. I was feeling bad, I didn't know God was just saving me from stress, queue and rush.

One of my course mate was already two places away from the final clearance and receiving his result. They used weeks to get to that point.

Me wen I started, I used days to finish everything, I met him, passed him, collected result and went to serve before he went to serve.

The thing just be like slow motion for film way you just fast forward suddenly.

Hsps are really wonderful people. That's why the ones that decide to be good and serve God, always end up being very annionted.

Then the bad ones, are those psychopaths that can just be calm and be slicing people for oyibo countries. Lol
😆 😆 This your comment funny me . See! Most HSPs are naturally strong in terms of strength...but they prefare "easy and simple Life"

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 3:38pm On Apr 30, 2023
Their kind of music na cool music. They love country side music very well. Them "Don Williams & Kenny Rogers" All this music wey Dem sing before them born them. 😆 😆 😆

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
henrimoto:
.... It's strange somehow, but you prefer to work on an idea alone, which seldomly come to reality, not until you involved one or two persons before it will come to reality.

It took me time before I understand this part of HSPs on myself. I have learnt.... "NOT TO WORK ALONE"

I'm happy you figured it cheesy

I hope your partners are more of non HSP's. With a HSP, you guys will end up creating all the perfect plans and executing almost non wink
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2023
henrimoto:
......hmnn.. Me, I thought it's "my Village People" that is pursuing me. 😆 😆 😆

Hahahahahaha cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2023
ItisWell22:

I was beginning to think I had serious problems… 😢

Thanks Op, for the insight.

My story will be too lengthy…

Please feel free to share your story. That's the purpose of this thread. We can all benefit from each others experiences. At least, others can see that they are normal people with a special gift, not a serious problem as you thought wink
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
ItisWell22:

I agree 100%. Intelligence is charm of the HSP. With it he catches you, and with it you catch him.
I'm usually able to identify a hsp by their level of Intelligence.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
ItisWell22:

I hate the uncontrollable tears, especially when trying to narrate my side of the story. 😢

Now, I even announce in advance, “Forget about the tears, I just can’t control them”. 😭😂

I can just imagine cheesy

But does crying bring you relief?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Response To RMD On The Plight Of The Boy Child / Should I Expose My Sister For Her Evil Acts On Innocent Children? / If Your Wife Delivers An Abnormal Child What'll Be Your Action?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.