Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here (3202 Views)

Be Sensitive To Your Wife’s Feelings Too! / As A Man Or A Woman, Learn To Keep Some Sensitive Info Abt Ur....... / Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2023
ItisWell22:

1. This has helped me to a large extent in my profession, although it can really become a burden. 😢
A burden I still want to carry till the end. 😁
Really hate it when I can’t be of help to someone who needs help at a point in time.

2. I can tell about a person within minutes of meeting, and almost, always above 60% right.

3. Once knew someone who felt he could always have his way, as he usually felt smarter than everyone around.
How I always found him out, beat his imagination.

I could just sit in a place, string a person’s words, actions and inactions, as well as expressions to know what’s going on.

Dude (a military personnel himself), calls me Madam FBI or CIA till date.

But then, it can be really draining.

Now I tell myself, “Peace be still”, “since you don already know wetin dey xup, let it slide” and “let it go”…

Amazing!!!!

I'm glad to hear you say its a burden you enjoy carrying
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
henrimoto:
Do you also despise pride in people ?.... people with pride.

Absolutely! 100%
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2023
nnamdiosu:
You see this set of people called hsp, if the world was filled more with them, there would have been peace, calmness, lesser wars, lesser unnecessary things and a better place.

Naturally, I hate crowd movement. Anything that people flock to, I generally normally find myself hating it.

Starting with the music of popular artist that starts with d, o, w , b etc.

To the gadgets that start with I

To the need and love to Japa. I feel it's totally unnecessary .

To the need to update whatsap status with your achievements, food you're eating, where you are going etc.

There are fake hsps too o. Lol.

But the real ones, have few friends, true friends. Peolle like them because naturally they are calm and nice. There are some hsps too that are extrovert for short periods, before their social battery quickly runs down .

Hsps need quiet places, alone to recharge, that's why they love being alone.

Hsps are good people naturally, but the ones who have been hurt and damage, are like a ticking bomb. I can go on and on, but let me stop here first.

Blessed May you be. You couldn't have said it more correctly.

Our goal is to create awareness like we are now doing so no one is damaged for being a HSP.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2023
henrimoto:
@Nnamdiosu...welcome to our WhatsApp group! 😆 You see that crowd part and people struggling for something's. Them no born me well make I follow drag; why ? ....because of emotional & mental breakdown.

I remembered when I went for one or two job hunts that year: na from the gate of the companies I turn back dey go house. What happened? See crowd of applicants for the company gate. I was like, "wetin! On top of how much them wan pay ? "

....And that's how it has been in other aspect of my life, I don't like going for things people drag. If it's something one must get, I would rather wait for the crowd to go down.

HSPs them no dey like anything dragging.... It is their type you see standing aside ,looking, when people are struggling to gain entrance into a banking premises. 😆 😆

Gbam!!!!!!! grin grin grin

We couldn't have been more similar

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Esope6320: 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2023
I used to think i am a SPIRIT and not a real human being

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2023
nnamdiosu:

Lol. Perfect Spot on. Same here. Omo I no like stress abeg. Just cool, calm baby boy life.

I'll compensate it with prayers at night for God to give me grace because I know say I no get power to do the things others do, make I ask God for grace.

And it is really helping. You see, hsp needs to totally lean to God more than anyone else because we no fit fight or rush or shout, lol.

So na grace of God we need badly.

I remember when I was going for clearance, due to one thing or the other, I couldn't start with my mates. I was feeling bad, I didn't know God was just saving me from stress, queue and rush.

One of my course mate was already two places away from the final clearance and receiving his result. They used weeks to get to that point.

Me wen I started, I used days to finish everything, I met him, passed him, collected result and went to serve before he went to serve.

The thing just be like slow motion for film way you just fast forward suddenly.

Hsps are really wonderful people. That's why the ones that decide to be good and serve God, always end up being very annionted.

Then the bad ones, are those psychopaths that can just be calm and be slicing people for oyibo countries. Lol

I feel you well Brother. Can't count how many times things have worked out for me similarly.

Any hsp that turns psychopathic will most likely be one who became frustrated. And that's my reason for starting this thread, so any hsp out there can know that he or she is in good company, not alone. And that he or she is perfectly normal, in fact gifted.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
Esope6320:
Do you mind to share some of your experience..

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by nnamdiosu(m): 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
Awakened38:

I feel you well Brother. Can't how many times things have worked out for me similarly.

Any hsp that turns psychopathic will most likely be one who became frustrated. And that's my reason for starting this thread, so any hsp out there can know that he or she is in good company, not alone. And that he or she is perfectly normal, in fact gifted.

Nice one brother

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 12:00am On May 01, 2023
Esope6320:

You may not be as wrong with your thought afterall. I personal feel hsps are spiritual beings.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 12:14am On May 01, 2023
Be proud of who you are

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 7:20am On May 01, 2023
As an hsp/introvert, I will no longer force myself to attend overstimulating social gatherings just to avoid making extroverts uncomfortable. I will not apologize for staying in, opting out, or preferring one-on-one conversations. I will not be shamed for being "different." I like who I am, which is why I enjoy my own company, and it's okay if I try to socialize in small groups for a few minutes but then need a break, it doesn't mean I need to "come out of my shell" or "live a little." Let's not push anyone to conform to social standards, but rather update social norms to include the people happily playing games in one room, others reading a book in another, turning on the closed captioning to be inclusive of everyone, and please.. ask before you hug anyone. Never assume everybody drinks as much as you do (or at all). This invitation to be considerate isn't complete (feel free to add your own as a comment), like some people are terrified of dogs and are not okay with yours being off-leash, while others would rather play with the pups than with humans. As a general rule, just ask. No matter what it is, just ask. Here's to a future without shaming or pressuring anyone, more understanding, and plenty of growth.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 12:02pm On May 01, 2023
.... True! When an extrovert is around an introvert, e no dey blend well. It's discomfort to the extrovert. Imagine trying to create a lengthy conversation, and the other person is not talking much.... Just nods, chips in yeah! Really! Ok! Good! Now and then. The talking is coming from one side. Hmnnn..

it's discouraging to the person wanting to create a conversation.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 7:58pm On May 02, 2023
@RoyalRoy please kindly move this thread to the health section.

Thanks
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 1:36pm On May 05, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Newborn27(f): 9:36am On May 06, 2023
My question is....why do others see HSP as being proud?

They think you're forming to know too much. ...how have you guys being coping with such especially at work?
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 8:32am On May 07, 2023
Newborn27:
My question is....why do others see HSP as being proud?

They think you're forming to know too much. ...how have you guys being coping with such especially at work?

Well, HSPs know "too much" compared to non HSP's; it's a fact.
Naturally people who know too much can't be unnoticed, because they are bound to sound the alarm when they sense danger coming, give advice even if unsolicited, share their knowledge, etc. All of these tend to sometimes awaken jealousy and envy in some people.

One thing you must know is that, you're not responsible for what others think or feel of you. If you make it your responsibility, then you end up people pleasing all the time, and certainly this is why a lot of HSPs are miserable; because we worry so much what people think of us. We think we need to apologise for being intelligent, for being gifted, for being too incomprehensible for other people's ego.
But you didn't create yourself, you're not responsible for being a HSP. All that you need to do is to get comfortable with yourself and your gift. Accept who you are, and recognise that whatever hate you're attracting is because you've got something in you that makes others feel insecure. Learn though to not force your viewpoint on others; as a matter of fact, let your wisdom become your priced asset. Learn to give your opinion only when asked and if you so choose. Enjoy your aloneness. Do not feel guilty for minding your business and keeping to yourself if you so feel.

Wish you well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Newborn27(f): 8:36am On May 07, 2023
Awakened38:

Well, HSPs know "too much" compared to non HSP's; it's a fact.
Naturally people who know too much can't be unnoticed, because they are bound to sound the alarm when they sense danger coming, give advice even if unsolicited, share their knowledge, etc. All of these tend to sometimes awaken jealousy and envy in some people.

One thing you must know is that, you're not responsible for what others think or feel of you. If you make it your responsibility, then you end up people pleasing all the time, and certainly this is why a lot of HSPs are miserable; because we worry so much what people think of us. We think we need to apologise for being intelligent, for being gifted, for being too incomprehensible for other people's ego.
But you didn't create yourself, you're not responsible for being a HSP. All that you need to do is to get comfortable with yourself and your gift. Accept who you are, and recognise that whatever hate you're attracting is because you've got something in you that makes others feel insecure. Learn though to not force your viewpoint on others; as a matter of fact, let your wisdom become your priced asset. Learn to give your opinion only when asked and if you so choose. Enjoy your aloneness. Do not feel guilty for minding your business and keeping to yourself if you so feel.

Wish you well

Bravo!!!

I wish I can multi-like this your response... thanks so much for being on point.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 8:38am On May 07, 2023

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2023
Awakened38:

All that you need to do is to get comfortable with yourself and your gift. Accept who you are, and recognise that whatever hate you're attracting is because you've got something in you that makes others feel insecure. Learn though to not force your viewpoint on others; as a matter of fact, let your wisdom become your priced asset. Learn to give your opinion only when asked and if you so choose. Enjoy your aloneness. Do not feel guilty for minding your business and keeping to yourself if you so feel.

Wish you well
One Million _____(fill in the gap with whatever you wish) for you.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 9:09am On May 07, 2023
Awakened38:

One thing you must know is that, you're not responsible for what others think or feel of you. If you make it your responsibility, then you end up people pleasing all the time, and certainly this is why a lot of HSPs are miserable; because we worry so much what people think of us.

We think we need to apologise for being intelligent, for being gifted, for being too incomprehensible for other people's ego.

Wish you well

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Treassured: 9:40am On May 07, 2023
OP everything you Wrote up there Is True.

But With Regards to the Fragile Part, You are right on that too. As for me, I used to be Fragile. To buttress my Epistle, I have this Babie Facial look which some people tend to tease me with like "Hey Babie Face"😂

But due to Some Unanticipated Circumstances which resulted to Bad Experience. I had to develop A Very Thick Skin. Although I still have my Good Heart Intact which nothing will ever Change. But my Antennas are always at Alert now most especially when I'm around Strangers. I will always keep being myself Regardless of Some Situations I have gone through In life.

Since my Childhood days, I have always known who I am. I have always known there Is something special about me. I'm the Most Intelligent among my Family Members. How I wish I could go Into details but this will do lol. I keep learning so much about Life and Myself as I continue to grow. Knowing and discovering more about myself was the reason why I choose this Monicker Treassured.

You've literally said everything about me In your Post except for the Fragile Part which I emphasized on earlier, Thanks to Evolution. Everyday I fall In Love with myself. Although I'm a Mild OCD & PTSD Patient. Neatness, Cleanliness, Orderliness, Quietness, Just to mention a few are some of my many Attributes.

Some Ignoramus people see me as Weird but Who Cares. I'm Highly Sensitive. I'm me and I love Myself❤

7 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 9:40am On May 07, 2023
henrimoto:
[b][/b] One Million _____(fill in the gap with whatever you wish) for you.

Hahahahahaha grin
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 9:52am On May 07, 2023

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Treassured: 4:09pm On May 07, 2023
Rach310:
I'm an hsp but will love to be less sensitive cause some people do take advantage of one,I easily forgive and I don't like that,I don't know why I keep putting myself in people's shoes it makes me feel hurt,I want to be selfish,I actually wish I was less sensitive.Its like I feel different energies all at once, honestly it feels exhausting.

Lol I perfectly understand you because I have been there. The good thing about me Is I have Evolved. You need to Pick Up Some Books, Read About and Research on Human Nature like your life depends on It. Visit Different Places, Meet People and Experience Real Life Experiences.

It took me Donkey Years too before I eventually discovered Human True Nature and Many classified Informations I have an Insight Into now.

Some Human Beings aren't exactly what they Potray themselves to be. Some Humans are Predators. I wouldn't want to Dive Deep Into this Hole. It's what you must do by Yourself.

It Is the reason whenever I look at Myself, I always say to Myself I'm A Treasure because I know I'm a An Altruist. And we all Know Altruistic Humans are Few In Numbers.

The Picture below depict how some people would take Advantage of you when they notice you are too Nice and Fragile😂

5 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Treassured: 5:52pm On May 07, 2023
Awakened38:

Like I stated earlier, HSPs are amazingly similar. I share all the traits you mentioned. First, I am not materialistic just like you, and I've always been this way for as long as I can remember. I however fear poverty, because I don't know about you, but I don't know how to ask for help from others, in fact I rarely ever do if at all. It's not about pride, but I guess I just don't want to bother anyone. Usually, I'll pay to get whatever help I need whenever possible. Sometimes I go to great lengths to discover solutions myself rather than bother anybody. This ofcourse does not include close family members. I have no problems asking for help from immediate family members, but even that is done with due consideration.

Yes, so as far as material things are concerned, HSPs seem to put them in perspective. We know there true value; that they are transcient at best. We are able to examine the lives of others who have attained wealth, and often we can see through the glamour; we can see that although money is good and necessary, a lot of it doesn't necessarily translate to a happier life. I'll give you an example; often when most people think of relocating from Nigeria, their biggest concern is where they can make big money, but I for my part, if I must leave, although I don't wish to, my concern has always been about the environment and nature. I'll not want to relocate to hustling and bustling city, I'd rather prefer a place that is quite, peaceful, good weather, and cheap economically grin. But that's just me, the choice may be different for others and that's fine too.

And just like you, I value intelligence greatly too. In fact, I love intelligent people. Because we love to learn, HSPs are drawn to intelligent people. I have this principle, if I have to go anywhere, I always base my decision on what and if I'm going to learn anything enriching there, otherwise its always hard for me to go. And by the way, HSPs are naturally very intelligent people, so no surprise we are drawn to intelligent people. But don't get me wrong, sometimes I go to places I don't necessarily enjoy, but just to make others happy. I don't like crowds you know grin

Seems like I was the one who Typed this Epitsle. You Just described me except for the Not Leaving Nigeria Part.

I want to Travel around the World.

5 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 6:13pm On May 07, 2023
Treassured:
OP everything you Wrote up there Is True.

But With Regards to the Fragile Part, You are right on that too. As for me, I used to be Fragile. To buttress my Epistle, I have this Babie Facial look which some people tend to tease me with like "Hey Babie Face"😂

But due to Some Unanticipated Circumstances which resulted to Bad Experience. I had to develop A Very Thick Skin. Although I still have my Good Heart Intact which nothing will ever Change. But my Antennas are always at Alert now most especially when I'm around Strangers. I will always keep being myself Regardless of Some Situations I have gone through In life.

Since my Childhood days, I have always known who I am. I have always known there Is something special about me. I'm the Most Intelligent among my Family Members. How I wish I could go Into details but this will do lol. I keep learning so much about Life and Myself as I continue to grow. Knowing and discovering more about myself was the reason why I choose this Monicker Treassured.

You've literally said everything about me In your Post except for the Fragile Part which I emphasized on earlier, Thanks to Evolution. Everyday I fall In Love with myself. Although I'm an Mild OCD & PTSD Patient lol but not Severe. Neatness, Cleanliness, Orderliness, Quietness, Just to mention a few are some of my many Attributes.

Some Ignoramus people see me as Weird but Who Cares. I'm Highly Sensitive. I'm me and I love Myself❤

@Treassured, its a delight to have you share your story with this community of the gifted. I can assure your that every HSP here can comprehend and relate with that your long story that is too long to tell here lol cheesy. So we welcome you with open arms.

As for the fragility, in fact you couldn't have been more correct. One of my goals here is to help HSP's do exactly what you're doing, which is toughen up. Every HSP has got to toughen up, otherwise we will remain miserable. The truth is that, HSP's are not Fragile in the sense of the word, it is just that others tend to see us so. What many don't realise is that, like someone did mention here in a post earlier, a HSP can be just as vicious if not more vicious than non HSP's when frustrated. But my goal here is to make sure that no HSP has to travel that path because of ignorance about what is supposedly a gift of nature.

I agree with you, we must reject been exploited by others for our humane nature.

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 6:28pm On May 07, 2023
Treassured:

Lol I perfectly understand you because I have been there. The good thing about me Is I have Evolved. You need to Pick Up Some Books, Read About and Research on Human Nature like your life depends on It. Visit Different Places, Meet People and Experience Real Life Experiences.

It took me Donkey Years too before I eventually discovered Human True Nature and Many classified Informations I have an Insight Into now.

Some Human Beings aren't exactly what they Potray themselves to be. Some Humans are Predators. I wouldn't want to Dive Deep Into this Hole. It's what you must do by Yourself.

It Is the reason whenever I look at Myself, I always say to Myself I'm A Treasure because I know I'm a An Altruist. And we all Know Altruistic Humans are Few In Numbers.

The Picture below depict how some people would take Advantage of you when they notice you are too Nice and Fragile😂

You're very correct when you said, it's a journey of self discovery; I speak from experience too. Its a long but rewarding journey.

One possibility open to all HSP's, is the opportunity of getting to know the Divine, of spiritual awakening, and possibly, spiritual enlightenment. And no, I'm not talking about religion; I'm talking about real spirituality, where you're not taught by anyone to know God, where you're not shown God by anyone, but where you experience the Divine for yourself.
It's a beautiful path; that's all I can say. I'm grateful everyday for being HSP, even as I struggle with the challenges therein cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by descarado: 6:36pm On May 07, 2023
Nice topic.
When you know who u are,marry a person who compliments you. Problems solved.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by descarado: 6:41pm On May 07, 2023
henrimoto:
.... True! When an extrovert is around an introvert, e no dey blend well. It's discomfort to the extrovert. Imagine trying to create a lengthy conversation, and the other person is not talking much.... Just nods, chips in yeah! Really! Ok! Good! Now and then. The talking is coming from one side. Hmnnn..

it's discouraging to the person wanting to create a conversation.

Extroverts loves introverts a lot cos they don't interrupt them when they talk unlike fellow extroverts. They monopolise the conversation. Give it to them. They won't even notice you don't talk. Introverts will prompt you to talk more. They really love it.

Anybody worried that introverts don't respond to their conversation isn't up to 50% extrovert.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 7:04pm On May 07, 2023
Treassured:

Seems like I was the one who Typed this Epitsle. You Just described me except for the Not Leaving Nigeria Part.

I want to Travel around the World.

Lol 😂. Travelling around the world is it for me too. Just not for material pursuit I mean, but for the adventure. There's no greater fun for me than that. I think it's same for most HSPs.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 8:03pm On May 08, 2023

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lessons To Learn From The Life Of Bode Thomas / Social / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.