Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road (42764 Views)

Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) / Lagos Demolishes Some Properties In Banana Island For Flouting Building Laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Alliswell248: 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2023
Corn247:

I hope that is not eze Ajao Empire in pieces shocked
Always doing things illegally.

He is now Eze Kirikiri.
His mouth has put him in trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by UnabashedIPOB: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2023
Corn247:

Do you mean Nigerians doing things illegally?
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Arrahman39: 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2023
Where the hate speeches are coming from? I believe it from those that are still under parentia budgets... I feel sorry for the owners as an hustler who is planning to make things happen well for himself....

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by bizhop01: 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2023
No be my 70 million naira
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by jaxxy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
Corn247:

mc oluomo will be held accountable.
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by fareed69(m): 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
Buhari4dullard:

Igbos we pass u in every arena?
And drug pushers.
Go and develop your state

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Eagba(m): 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
BlueRayDick:
There is one illegal filling station they just built inside that same Ajao Estate not too far from Chivita Avenue . It’s in a very sharp corner and a place not fit for filling station site .

I hope they demolish that one too .
The owner of the filling station go just dey look your comment like" 😡"

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Moniya4Real(m): 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
You that is paying bribe is quite aware of the eventual outcome of such. No matter how long it takes, sanity will still prevail hence, don’t give bribe to navigate your way out of illegalities

Pickmycall:
Na Lagos state government sell land na them still go demolished am.The developers cannot build a land without approval from the relevant land agencies.They also pay bribe for quick approval of the construction

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Mohisah: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pickmycall:
Na Lagos state government sell land na them still go demolished am.The developers cannot build a land without approval from the relevant land agencies.They also pay bribe for quick approval of the construction
Oga no be Lagos sell am.. Why di pesin go buy land without verification from different sources so as not to be in the way of Government

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by rafcrown(m): 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
Demolition experts
Landlords becoming homeless and hopeless.
Imagine that is the only house after retirement.
Hidden reasons are behind demolishing houses
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by murphybo(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pickmycall:
Did you take your time to read the article?
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Kossyso: 11:00pm On Apr 29, 2023
Elrufai days in Abuja came to mind. It was as if the world of the affected had come to an end but life continued. The majority of them are still in Abuja waxing strong. To the victims, brace up, learn your lessons, pick up the pieces of what is left, and know that this too shall pass. ✊✊

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by BLACKDICK007: 11:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
next should be festac, Ajah, ladipo, alaba, etc

cool cool cool

Lagos must be great

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Bridget95(f): 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
Printerscanner:

We will teach them sense.
the house belongs to a yoruba man

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by SugarGirl44(f): 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2023
Bubu4Sea:

So you agree that Igbos have money then cheesy

You can’t do drugs and not have money na

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by SugarGirl44(f): 11:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
Good, they should target the ingrates houses, statrting from their ezeclown of Ajao, maybe they can finally get the message and start moving back home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Originalsly: 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pickmycall:

You think the owner will just erect a building in Lagos without any approval?Lagos state land agencies walk around Lagos state on a daily basis.If a building is under construction without approval,the officials will mark the building with a red paint and stop further construction.Dont tell me what I know.

If the owner did get approval.... he most likely knew he got it via the back door. If the approval is in the State records is another story. My problem is the State takes too long to move on these matters. The uikdings should've been knocked down wayyy before they were finished .... the owners fined for trespassing .... and if approval was given ... the officials charged for corruption.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Bigchristo: 12:02am On Apr 30, 2023
Realguyman1:
Most Nigerians that their structures are being demolished deserve it.

Here in my area, u will see people building houses and stores close to nepa transformers and even under powerlines. Many also build and block where erosion supposed dey pass. And the most annoying thing is that they all know what they are doing is abnormal but still goes ahead to do it out of greed.

Last last, we all go dey alright
They don’t deserve such heart break 💔 let’s start thinking right in this country where is Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development as at the time those properties were being developed?🤷‍♂️have you noticed lots of buildings aren’t even up to a standard? You see buildings collapsing killing people no quality control these offices aren’t functioning properly to deliver their services, they allowed the buildings in the first place

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Igboslayer: 1:25am On Apr 30, 2023
Buhari4dullard:

The hatred they have for igbos is amazing, yet they are scared to let them leave.

Imagine people who after the war still have the highest education scores.

That man is a thug running lagos like a cartel for the Drug Lord

Your freedom dey our hand after all. Your Biafra is just about the size of Oyo state. Na two week after independence una go return back to Nigeria as refugees.

The Yorubas that have kinsmen all over West Africa did not trouble Nigeria for breakup… na people wey no matter dey fight everybody for break up. Awon Werey!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Uniquewise: 2:03am On Apr 30, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by MeineMutter: 2:33am On Apr 30, 2023
Pull them down. Most of them were built with illicit money stolen from public and private offices or from sharp sharp practices.
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Paade: 2:37am On Apr 30, 2023
Ye-ye Gm, we don't know the oath between u and Mr Governor... Very inefficient Man.. Na only Money ee Sabi collect.. Official Armed robber..
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by NonsenseRubbish: 2:37am On Apr 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:
There is one illegal filling station they just built inside that same Ajao Estate not too far from Chivita Avenue . It’s in a very sharp corner and a place not fit for filling station site .

I hope they demolish that one too .
Now you mentioned it. I hope attention is brought to that because that’s a hazard ⚠️
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Pickmycall: 2:38am On Apr 30, 2023
Mohisah:
Oga no be Lagos sell am.. Why di pesin go buy land without verification from different sources so as not to be in the way of Government
Na government officials sell am to the owner.
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by NonsenseRubbish: 2:40am On Apr 30, 2023
Bigchristo:
They don’t deserve such heart break 💔 let’s start thinking right in this country where is Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development as at the time those properties were being developed?🤷‍♂️have you noticed lots of buildings aren’t even up to a standard? You see buildings collapsing killing people no quality control these offices aren’t functioning properly to deliver their services, they allowed the buildings in the first place
The buildings are up to standard but built on government airport property it had to be done at some point
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Pickmycall: 2:40am On Apr 30, 2023
Jogs1900:

They didn't get any approval.Instead they bribed the officials.The owners of the buildings knew they bought govt land.
Don't be surprised the governor whose tenure the land was built connived to sell the land.Na tinubu wan build hotel there,Just watch.
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Litmus: 3:33am On Apr 30, 2023
FEGNO:
Most likely Igbos. The retaliation has only just begun

I knew someone would soon say Igbo homes are the ones being demolished!

When I first saw the youtube vid I thought to myself, "hmmm, nice homes, what a pity, all that money gone. Why didn't they -home owners- just abide by regulation". Then I thought, "knowing my Nigeria people, bet you someone will soon say that this is wealthy people envy taking place. On the other hand, If it was shanty homes being demolished, people will shout, 'this country is wicked, government only cares for elites and persecute the poor!' " And then I thought, " hmm. with the way things are going, someone might soon say that it is Igbo homes being demolished".

Nigeriaaaa!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Nayturalistic: 3:35am On Apr 30, 2023
Bubu4Sea:

So you agree that Igbos have money then cheesy

You mean the monies from drugs peddling and kidnapping? De play

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection) / 3-storey Building Collapsed In Umuahia [PHOTOS, VIDEO] / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.