Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,128 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road (42762 Views)

Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) / Lagos Demolishes Some Properties In Banana Island For Flouting Building Laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Osobi32(m): 5:13am On Apr 30, 2023
SavageResponse:
Next time stay away from government land!
who sold the land? Who gave the approval for construction? Lagos state government is just evil. They will give u with the right hand and take it back with the left.
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Originalsly: 5:43am On Apr 30, 2023
Pickmycall:

Is it only one official that monitor ongoing construction?They are rotated.There is nothing like back door.The Lagos state government knew about it.Theat is their modus operandi.They sell land and come back to grab it back.dont be surprised that tinubu will build a hotel there.

If land was sold legally.... wouldn't the owner have legit papers that correspond with the State records? If the State comes back to grab the land then the owner can move against the State in court.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Alabaintprice(m): 6:04am On Apr 30, 2023
FEGNO:
Most likely Igbos. The retaliation has only just begun

Shut the Bleep up man
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Alabaintprice(m): 6:06am On Apr 30, 2023
fareed69:

Ad drug pushers.
Go and develop your state

In you next life to come, hopefully you'll be richer than how you are today, you can't even see the back of an Igbo man.

Let them push drugs, go and push your own if laziness will allow you.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Alabaintprice(m): 6:08am On Apr 30, 2023
BLACKDICK007:
next should be festac, Ajah, ladipo, alaba, etc

cool cool cool

Lagos must be great

Na person wey no get money to buy cement dey hail government wey dey demolish house.

Fact is that till you kpai, nothing show for your side. You'll still remain a tenant till your last day

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by candygist: 6:30am On Apr 30, 2023
Realguyman1:
Most Nigerians that their structures are being demolished deserve it.

Here in my area, u will see people building houses and stores close to nepa transformers and even under powerlines. Many also build and block where erosion supposed dey pass. And the most annoying thing is that they all know what they are doing is abnormal but still goes ahead to do it out of greed.

Last last, we all go dey alright

Who are the people selling this lands in the first place too ?
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Mendy101: 6:34am On Apr 30, 2023
[quote author=Printerscanner post=122830636]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Mendy101: 6:35am On Apr 30, 2023
Buhari4dullard:

Igbos we pass u in every arena?
na person wey Dey do printing of 20 naira Dey talk say e wan teach who pass am sense
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Focusmind: 6:37am On Apr 30, 2023
This is home owner's worse nightmare. Imagine spending millions to put up this with all the stress of building in Nigeria, chasing your workers and artisans up and down. The owner seems unperturbed. He didn't bother to take out his AC and other house hold items. The trauma must have been unbearable and tiring. The people there will loot everything.
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Mendy101: 6:38am On Apr 30, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
Hmmm,for every action,there is equal and opposite reaction ! The owners of Lagos are not smiling again,they are sending some very powerful messages to some tactless people who always like to run their mouths anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Mendy101: 6:40am On Apr 30, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
Lol,e don dey happen small,small ! Please where is IGWE OF AJAO ESTATE O,he should come and stop this ongoing demolition in his "traditional domain" o ! Awon oniyeye,when you tell them that they are senseless and stupid,they always assume one is being dishonest with them !

If care is not taken,some of you fools will go back to your villages just exactly the same way you arrived in Lagos - shabbily dressed and with a miserable polythene bag in hand !

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Mendy101: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2023
Litmus:

I knew someone would soon say Igbo homes are the ones being demolished!

When I first saw the youtube vid I thought to myself, "hmmm, nice homes, what a pity, all that money gone. Why didn't they -home owners- just abide by regulation". Then I thought, "knowing my Nigeria people, bet you someone will soon say that this is wealthy people envy taking place. On the other hand, If it was shanty homes being demolished, people will shout, 'this country is wicked, government only cares for elites and persecute the poor!' " And then I thought, " hmm. with the way things are going, someone might soon say that it is Igbo homes being demolished".

Nigeriaaaa!!

Yoruba get money to build that kind house?
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2023
Wow! This man don turn Wike?
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Mendy101: 6:48am On Apr 30, 2023
Alabaintprice:

Na person wey no get money to buy cement dey hail government wey dey demolish house.

Fact is that till you kpai, nothing show for your side. You'll still remain a tenant till your last day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by slam7000(m): 7:03am On Apr 30, 2023
SavageResponse:
Next time stay away from government land!

Who sold the land to the developer? Who authorised the buildings?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by aidameoryou: 7:22am On Apr 30, 2023
Lifestone:

Shoe the proof of this

So someone just wake up early in the morning, choose land, and call contractors to build house abi?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by NoFucksToGive: 7:30am On Apr 30, 2023
Realguyman1:

Here in my area, u will see people building houses and stores close to nepa transformers and even under powerlines. Many also build and block where erosion supposed dey pass. And the most annoying thing is that they all know what they are doing is abnormal but still goes ahead to do it out of greed.

Which ghetto do you live in bro?
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Menclothing: 7:41am On Apr 30, 2023
It is well
Build when u sure IT’s residential

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by obama99: 7:53am On Apr 30, 2023
Rendering people homeless after giving approval for such. Building to be erected. When they approved those buildings was there no city and then planning authority or regulations. Someone in the ministry approved it .

Pls consult an architect before putting up any building. Let him make enquires for you about the place and don't try to play hide and seek. Some of those ministry guys are something else.
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by RPG2020(m): 7:55am On Apr 30, 2023
Realguyman1:

Who approved it before they start building grin
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by AK481(m): 8:11am On Apr 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:
There is one illegal filling station they just built inside that same Ajao Estate not too far from Chivita Avenue . It’s in a very sharp corner and a place not fit for filling station site .

I hope they demolish that one too .

They can't, that's MC oluomo filling station.
Built so close to people's house.
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by AK481(m): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2023
Originalsly:

If land was sold legally.... wouldn't the owner have legit papers that correspond with the State records? If the State comes back to grab the land then the owner can move against the State in court.

I think that is what the owners is planning to do hence they never participated in removing a pin from their house .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Bigchristo: 8:20am On Apr 30, 2023
NonsenseRubbish:

The buildings are up to standard but built on government airport property it had to be done at some point
You shy away from the fact, we’re Lagos state ministry of physical planning and urban development as at the time of building those houses?
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by BlueRayDick: 8:35am On Apr 30, 2023
AK481:

They can't, that's MC oluomo filling station.
Built so close to people's house.

I thought as much . I knew whoever had built filling station in that particular place must have had a lot of influence in government .

There’s everything wrong with the siting of the filling station there . A residential Neighbourhood that has narrow roads and then they decide to approve filling station in that kind sharp corner.

Na wa o
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by fareed69(m): 8:55am On Apr 30, 2023
Alabaintprice:

In you next life to come, hopefully you'll be richer than how you are today, you can't even see the back of an Igbo man.

Let them push drugs, go and push your own if laziness will allow you.

Am already made.
Don't need to push drugs moreover am not an ethnic bigot.
Come May 29th Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR will be sworn in as the next president.
Continue leaking your wounds Obi will be sworn in on FB and Instagram so stay tuned.
Begging for Senate President come for it now.
Ewu.
I shall never Labour in vain.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Alabaintprice(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2023
fareed69:

Am already made.
Don't need to push drugs moreover am not an ethnic bigot.
Come May 29th Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR will be sworn in as the next president.
Continue leaking your wounds Obi will be sworn in on FB and Instagram so stay tuned.
Begging for Senate President come for it now.
Ewu.
I shall never Labour in vain.

Allow those who are pushing drug, push in peace.

If you want to come here to talk about those doing illegal jobs, go meet your tribes men who have made Nigeria known for online scam to retrace there steps back.

Regardless of who is president, Igbos don't suffer. You know that as well. What we import, you must buy. You don't have a choice
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Alabaintprice(m): 9:06am On Apr 30, 2023
Mendy101:
even with the same hatred no be say them go give am one naira, person that has money to build that kind of house has much more, no him last card, yes it’s a huge loss but still richer than all the yeye smelly mouth Yoruba people on this thread

You're legit.

Let them keep capping.. .

They can't even level up at all
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by BLACKDICK007: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2023
Alabaintprice:

hahahahahaha

osu fool.. cheesy

you don't know me, do you? cheesy

go back to igboland tongue
Re: Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road by Realguyman1(m): 9:27am On Apr 30, 2023
RPG2020:

Who approved it before they start building grin
We all know how the Nigeria system is today and shouldn't start claiming who approved it. We all know those government taxforce in charge of the environmental stuff are the ones making things worst. They that are supposed to tell them to stop from the onset, "they will just collect their own share and move on", because they know they are not the ones that will be affected when a reasonable person take charge tomorrow .

We all know that the Nigeria system is filled up with corruption. So, u that is spending the money on ur building should be the one to be careful and know the right thing to do. Because the corrupt persons who approved ur illegality today might not be there tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection) / 3-storey Building Collapsed In Umuahia [PHOTOS, VIDEO] / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.